1. 1. Most delusional fans?

• Raiders
    • Packers
    • Eagles
    • Dolphins
    • Broncos
    • Rams

I am talking about the fans who are the most consistent over recent years with

unrealistic expectations of their teams. Mostly I hear them on fox sports radio...

Packers: they still seem to think favre = playoffs. Favre thinks: superbowl! No, your team sucks.

Raiders: last year thought Moss = playoffs. will realize someday that al davis doesn't have it anymore.

Dolphins: They've expected superbowl wins since Dan the man's 2nd season.

Eagles: Every year, close but no cigar. they have been passed up by the Giants/Skins/Boys and have yet to realize it.

Broncos: They seem to expect Elway like results without Elway.

Rams: Since their miracle season, every year they expect the 'greatest show on turf'

Colts: edited out, forgot we can edit polls nowadays. They won the Super Bowl so they are winnahs!

Ya I know you are going to beyotch and moan about the teams listed, well these are

the ones who get a lot talk/pub either recently or over the last few years. and ya, you

might say: I'm a packer fan and I know we suck. Well this isn't about you, then. Your hero

Favre himself is one of them, coming back 'to win the superbowl' :thumbsup: :lol: See what I

mean? unrealistic expectations.

anyways...have at it, I'm torn between the Packers and Broncos.

This is easy. The Redskins!!!

Although, they are looking pretty tough this year.

:thumbsup:

Any list not including Vikings fans is illegitimate.

fixored

I'm a Skins fan, and even I have to say the Redskins. Since the early 80s, I can only think of 2 years our fans though we'd suck, and those were right after Spurrier's first season.

Other than that, our talk shows always have us in the Superbowl.

Fortunately they could be right this year. We're gonna be pretty darn good no matter how much the world wants to bash Brunell. Hell, at 62 years old he's still better than at least half the sucky starting QBs in the NFL.

The most annoying fans are certainly the Eagles though. What a bunch of asses.

It's gotta be Eagles fans. Every year is "their year", even when they suck. Just watch, they'll find a way to tell themselves they have a shot THIS year. :huh:

it's a tie between packers and eagles fans. for some reason the packers and eagles fans are trying to justify their teams doing nothing this offseason, when their teams totally sucked last year and need more help than most.

Any NFC North Fan....

I think it is because we are the most faithful and are just the most die hard.....sometimes it ends up making us look foolish but o well.... :banana:

Go Packers :huh:

This is easy. The Redskins!!!

Although, they are looking pretty tough this year.

:huh:

100% Redskins fans

EVERY year they go out and overpay for "Superbowl" talent. And every year end up with nothing.

this topic has "about to erupt into a flame-fest" written alllllllllllllllllllllll over it. :blink:

that said, I voted for Raider fans...hope springs eternal with every monster acquisition, but they fail to make the little moves to help thier stars shine.

100% Redskins fans

EVERY year they go out and overpay for "Superbowl" talent. And every year end up with nothing.

Yeah...nothing but two games into the post season.

Philly Fans are the most delusional...and the most ready to jump off the bandwagon at a moment's notice.

There are still 100s of Eagles car flags lying around I-95 and I-76 from the last mass-bandwagon jump off.

Packer fans. by far.

To their credit, they don't jump off the bandwagon, but stick with them through good and bad.

Packer fans have more passion for their team then any other fans I've known. It's a religious thing.

But they are delusional. Last year someone (PackerAaron I Think) tried to argue to me they were going to win the division, and he wasn't alone. I stated hell would freeze over first, and was right. Good for them for having heart and faith in their squad. Here in Minny, fans jump on and off the wagon all the time.

Too bad the Packers are screwed for the foreseeable future.

The 2 teams I would have voted for are not on the list. Making this list invalid on it's face.

Too bad the Packers are screwed for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for your own delusional comment.

Oh...and this list without the Vikings on it is useless.

Every year they will take over the north and make a push...every year they choke and disappoint their fans.

I would say:

1. Vikings

2. Lions

3. Redskins

But as a Packer fan, I suppose I don't have much room to talk :blink: For the record though, I don't see us in the playoffs this year even with Favre back (he should have retired after last year).

Any list not including Bears fans is illegitimate.

Unless you know some Bears fans in real life that are dis-illusioned, then I don't know where this is coming from. The Bears fans I know on this board are pretty secure in what our team is and is not.

How are the Lions not on that list? We've been hearing about the "potential" of that team for years now. That's my vote.

This year, Cowboys.

There are a handful of Cowboy fans that are pretty upset about signing TO but the majority of the ones I have heard on Sirius seem to think that he is a changed person and everything is going to work out OK.

I voted for the Raiders but if the Skins were on there I would definitely have voted for them. I'm not gonna lie, I talk them up every year, except ironically last year. And I am pretty sure I will be talking them up a lot this year. I remember a few years ago always getting into it with Eagles fans on this board about how that year was gonna be the year for the Skins, only to be proven terribly wrong. But this year the NFC East is, in my opinion, the best division in the NFL. Any team can win it, and any one of the teams could make it into the playoffs.

Why arent the cowboys up there ?!?!?! they are the some of the most delusional and the worst humans on the face of the planet!

Raiders: last year thought Moss = playoffs. will realize someday that al davis doesn't have it anymore.

:bs: I picked them to go 6-10 and that was only a couple of games off the expectations of most of Raider Nation. Almost all of us have lost much or all of their faith in Al.

Lay off the hatorade, ignoramus.

Ya I know you are going to beyotch and moan about the teams listed, well these are the ones who get a lot talk/pub either recently or over the last few years.

Again, :bs: Aside from the Eagles and Colts (who the media was all over as well, not just their fans), few if any of those teams on your list got more pub than: The Chiefs, the Chargers, the Vikings, the Falcons, the Panthers, the Steelers, the Jets, the Ravens, the Cowboys, and the Redskins. You're delusional if you don't realize that.

Both NY teams need to be on this list and where is Detroit????

My vote... Jets, Detroit then Giants with Clevland coming in a distant 4th.

The Eagles will win the NFC East for the 5th time in 6 years by 3 games. If we actually sign someone talented this offseason that # will inflate. :pointstosky:

I'll go with Steelers fans. Not a one has acknowledged that the Palmer injury had anything to do with that playoff game outcome. Also, not one has acknowledged that a couple of those officating calls in the SB had any outcome on the game.

poll needs Vikings.

every year they think they've bought the key free agent(s) that will put them over the top. never actually happens.

I'll go with Steelers fans. Not a one has acknowledged that the Palmer injury had anything to do with that playoff game outcome. Also, not one has acknowledged that a couple of those officating calls in the SB had any outcome on the game.

I propose a new thread for the team worst losers thread! :cry: :cry: :cry:

:pointstosky: STEELERS :P

Cincy fans, you may have won with Palmer, heck you may not have either. It's not like Palmer is better than Peyton Manning who the Steelers pulverized. Oh and could ya just take a look at Palmer's record vs. the Steelers....it ain't that good. Point is, you can't flat out say the Bengals would have won. Could they have? Sure, but what's the use of playing make believe football games in your head? You can't go back in time bro.

Yeah...nothing but two games into the post season.

Philly Fans are the most delusional...and the most ready to jump off the bandwagon at a moment's notice.

There are still 100s of Eagles car flags lying around I-95 and I-76 from the last mass-bandwagon jump off.

Nothing but no championships/trophies was my point.

Skins fans during FA period = :pointstosky:

Skins fans after season ends with no trophies and/or championships = :P

Personally though I don't know any PHILLY fans that have jumped off the wagon.

I've been riding on this wagon since Randall. When we all thought Hoying was taking us to the SB.

:cheers: <~~ See, this is me really kinda disappointed. I was kinda liking the rivalry developing with the Bengals. Crap like this is . . . well . . . crap. I, for one, never said that Carson's injury had nothing to do with the game. But it gets lost in the fact that Cincy fans could not for a moment fathom that they could have lost the game despite Carson's presence in the game. Where exactly do expect that argument to run? It's not like he was injured on a game-winning drive that wasn't. It was the second offensive play. But whatever . . . we're delusional because we think it's a debate, not a foregone conclusion.

Super Bowl officiating? Funny how the argument is that the calls were "ticky-tack". Not wrong, mind you, but "ticky-tack". I wonder where all these people were when the Steelers lost a playoff game in Tennessee on a "ticky-tack" running into the kicker penalty. We were told, "It's the rule; deal with it." I guess that doesn't apply across the board. I'm sure there are others, but that one was personal (so to speak).

The pass interference is the complaint that bugs me the most, and seems to be the one that everyone keys in on. I guess I'll concede that the call was crap when defensive players stop getting called for pass interference when they pass gas in a receiver's personal space.

the skins and the vikes would be just outside of the ones I listed. vike fans seem to have come

to the realization that their team isn't as good as it was a few years ago. as for skins fans they

seem to be more hopeful than delusional. dan snyder is delusional tho. cowboy fans too, mostly

hopeful of seeing the playoffs.

I figured people would just throw out teams they hate or 1 person they know at work or whatever

who is just plain stupid. I based my list mostly on callers over the years to fox sports radio, and

lately it's been the packers/raiders talking the most. you can't listen to JT the Brick or the third

shift without getting a call every damn night saying they hope favre comes back for another run

at the superbowl, or a raider fan talking about what QB al davis should get that will put them back

on top. sure, right.

This year, Cowboys.

There are a handful of Cowboy fans that are pretty upset about signing TO but the majority of the ones I have heard on Sirius seem to think that he is a changed person and everything is going to work out OK.

I think we have a right to be a little excited this year, i mean we signed a dominant WR...

it's next year i'll be worried about... TO will wait one year, he'll probably think that if he keeps his mouth shut and keeps it on the field for a year that he has earned being complasive for next year...

so the usual 2 years for the TO blowup

:) <~~ See, this is me really kinda disappointed. I was kinda liking the rivalry developing with the Bengals. Crap like this is . . . well . . . crap. I, for one, never said that Carson's injury had nothing to do with the game. But it gets lost in the fact that Cincy fans could not for a moment fathom that they could have lost the game despite Carson's presence in the game. Where exactly do expect that argument to run? It's not like he was injured on a game-winning drive that wasn't. It was the second offensive play. But whatever . . . we're delusional because we think it's a debate, not a foregone conclusion.

I won't go too deep into it because I'm not looking to argue, but....

- If you know of one Bengal fan that thinks with Carson in there, we had that game in the bag...then they're obviously smoking some serious doobage.

- You're argument about the 2nd play of the game actually furthers my argument IMO. If Carson's in there for the whole game, you guys end up having very little room for error. It may have come down to you guys needing the game winning drive. And I'll take Kitna for one drive vs. having to deal with him for an entire game.

- You guys went 0-3 with your QB hurt, and that was with having full weeks to prepare for your game. But when it's flipped, "Hey, that's just part of the game. We've delt with our injuries." Well, no you didn't actually. You were just lucky that it happened during the regular season.

Again, I'm not addressing this to you. Just to some Steeler's fans I've dealt with.

The Eagles will win the NFC East for the 5th time in 6 years by 3 games. If we actually sign someone talented this offseason that # will inflate. :)

I rest my case. :lol:

Super Bowl officiating? Funny how the argument is that the calls were "ticky-tack". Not wrong, mind you, but "ticky-tack". I wonder where all these people were when the Steelers lost a playoff game in Tennessee on a "ticky-tack" running into the kicker penalty. We were told, "It's the rule; deal with it." I guess that doesn't apply across the board. I'm sure there are others, but that one was personal (so to speak).

The pass interference is the complaint that bugs me the most, and seems to be the one that everyone keys in on. I guess I'll concede that the call was crap when defensive players stop getting called for pass interference when they pass gas in a receiver's personal space.

I'm going to have to disagree with you big time. I'm a younger cowboy fan so i hold no grudge about the 70s superbowls, and i'm going to be unbiased. The officiating in the superbowl was horrible. I'll give you the pass interference call. It may have been "ticky tack" but Jackson did push off so i can see them calling it. I have no beef with that. The call that was absurd was the call on Hasselbeck for making a tackle after he threw an INT they called him for illegal block below the knee when infact he MADE THE FOCKING TACKLE. That was a horrible call in a pivotal point of the game. I know the steelers have been wronged by officiating in the past, but that holds no weight as far the superbowl game being played. I'm sure the refs weren't trying to make up for the Polo pick on manning. If you can't recognize that there was a crime committed against seattle then you are obviously refusing to because you are a giant homer

Honestly, I think all NFL fans are delusional to some extent. In the off season we all want to be optimistic about our own team and pessimistic about division rivals, or hated franchises.

It's pretty tough to quantify who's more delusional than the next...

:)

Honestly, I think all NFL fans are delusional to some extent. In the off season we all want to be optimistic about our own team and pessimistic about division rivals, or hated franchises.

It's pretty tough to quantify who's more delusional than the next...

:banana:

sure...but there is a big focken difference when a cardinal fan says: we can make the

playoffs this year! and when a patriot fan says: we can make the playoffs this year!

I'm going to have to disagree with you big time. I'm a younger cowboy fan so i hold no grudge about the 70s superbowls, and i'm going to be unbiased. The officiating in the superbowl was horrible. I'll give you the pass interference call. It may have been "ticky tack" but Jackson did push off so i can see them calling it. I have no beef with that. The call that was absurd was the call on Hasselbeck for making a tackle after he threw an INT they called him for illegal block below the knee when infact he MADE THE FOCKING TACKLE. That was a horrible call in a pivotal point of the game. I know the steelers have been wronged by officiating in the past, but that holds no weight as far the superbowl game being played. I'm sure the refs weren't trying to make up for the Polo pick on manning. If you can't recognize that there was a crime committed against seattle then you are obviously refusing to because you are a giant homer

No argument. I don't think you're going to find a person in America with any modicum of football IQ that would argue that the "chop block" was a good call. That was crap. No argument. Really. And I'll even suggest that the officiating was . . . um . . . less than stellar. But one-sided? I don't think so. There were a couple of calls that they didn't call the other way. Ironically, the lack of those calls is ignored as fans look at the "dominance" by the Seahawks.

Oh, well. It is what it is. I suppose if the Steelers flop this year, it will give credence to the "fluke" talk. If they come back strong, and have an impressive year, then the officiating flap will disappear. I guarantee it.

sure...but there is a big focken difference when a cardinal fan says: we can make the

playoffs this year! and when a patriot fan says: we can make the playoffs this year!

Not this year. About the same, really - in fact, I'd give the edge to the Cards if they do anything to improve the O-Line. :banana: