Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevejohnson

McNabb angry at the front office for not signing more free agents

Guest stevejohnson

The report states McNabb has publicly come out and questioned why the team has decided to "save" $24 million in cap space instead of bringing in more upgrades through free agency. He specificly mentioned not going after Randle El or E. Moulds! Even the "company man" Donovan McNabb is begining to see how cheap the Eagles have gotten! The profootballtalk.com report even referenced that McNabb might want out of Philadelphia next year if they have another sub .500 season!

If they trade for J. Walker and have a solid draft, all could be forgiven but until then this team has some serious problems!

Well, this comes a week after Joe Banner and Jeffrey Lurie said that they spent more money than any other team over the last number of years.

Should be much ado about nothing. They will have a talk with McNabb, and McNabb will just go along with what they say. Or simply deny the reports. Too bad.

I love a good controversy. :banana:

Have they picked up ANY wide receivers?

If not... well it stuns me that most mocks don't see them going for Jackson or Holmes in the first round.

Cue all the he is selfish comments.....or are those only reserved for Favre?

When these idiots become GMs, then they have a right to talk. Until then, zip it and play.

Guest stevejohnson

McNabb has every right to question why the Eagles have refused to bring in more help on the line that is charged with protecting him (Hutchinson and Bentley were both available) or skill position players that would take some of the load of his shoulders (M. Anderson, I. Bruce, E. Moulds, A. Randle El were all available)!

That said, maybe if he had stood up to TO last season instead of running to management, he would still have one of the best WRs in football to throw to!

Have they picked up ANY wide receivers?

If not... well it stuns me that most mocks don't see them going for Jackson or Holmes in the first round.

Only if you count J. Gaffney, who is a slightly bigger version of Todd Stinkston and couldn't get open playing across from A. Johnson who drew consistant double coverage last season with the Texans!

No chance they draft a WR in round one. They will go DT, OL, or LB in that order.......

That said, maybe if he had stood up to TO last season instead of running to management, he would still have one of the best WRs in football to throw to!

Granted, I don't follow the Eagles much, but I've seen you say this multiple times. I seriously doubt McNabb ran to management about anything. Fock, TO was pulling his sh*t on the sidelines, in the locker room and through the media. It's not like McNabb had to say anything.

Why McNabb? Was it because most of the free agents were black and the front office was racist?

I hate this guy.

Guest stevejohnson
Granted, I don't follow the Eagles much, but I've seen you say this multiple times. I seriously doubt McNabb ran to management about anything. Fock, TO was pulling his sh*t on the sidelines, in the locker room and through the media. It's not like McNabb had to say anything.

Not true at all. McNabb could have responded to TO directly when all of this first started in camp but he instead sent his brother to talk to TO's cousin (true story). He then complained to Andy Reid about TO trashing him in the media instead of saying something directly to TO in the locker room or the practice field. Things got so bad before TO was dismissed that the team sent former DL, H. Douglas into the weight room to protect McNabb and it was Douglas, not McNabb that had a physical confrontation with TO! It has been reported in local TV, radio, and print media that many of McNabb's team mates lost respect for him as man after seeing TO bully him all season. This is why half of the team attended TO's birthday party in AC during the bye week, AFTER TO had been kicked off the team. This was a direct slap in the face to their starting QB!

Bottom line is TO is a bully. The only way to beat a bully is to punch him in the mouth but McNabb wasn't up to it......What do you think Parcells or even D. Bledsoe will do the 1st time TO gets out of line in Dallas? I'll bet it won't be having their brother talk to his cousin!

Link? I'd like to read the report.

Then go to profootballtalk.com!

favre has made is fashionable--and legit--for qbs to whine, biatch, and moan about their teams front offices.

Not true at all. McNabb could have responded to TO directly when all of this first started in camp but he instead sent his brother to talk to TO's cousin (true story). He then complained to Andy Reid about TO trashing him in the media instead of saying something directly to TO in the locker room or the practice field. Things got so bad before TO was dismissed that the team sent former DL, H. Douglas into the weight room to protect McNabb and it was Douglas, not McNabb that had a physical confrontation with TO! It has been reported in local TV, radio, and print media that many of McNabb's team mates lost respect for him as man after seeing TO bully him all season. This is why half of the team attended TO's birthday party in AC during the bye week, AFTER TO had been kicked off the team. This was a direct slap in the face to their starting QB!

Bottom line is TO is a bully. The only way to beat a bully is to punch him in the mouth but McNabb wasn't up to it......What do you think Parcells or even D. Bledsoe will do the 1st time TO gets out of line in Dallas? I'll bet it won't be having their brother to to his cousin!

I'm not buying it. Yes, maybe McNabb could have repsonded differently, but I'm betting there was a lot of "trying to keep the peace" going on with McNabb. And that comment about Douglas is laughable. You'll never convince me that he was sent there to protect McNabb, who is no slouch physically. I heard he just happened to walk into the trainers area and cracked a joke about "players faking injuries" and TO took it personal and exploded.

Guest stevejohnson
I'm not buying it. Yes, maybe McNabb could have repsonded differently, but I'm betting there was a lot of "trying to keep the peace" going on with McNabb. And that comment about Douglas is laughable. You'll never convince me that he was sent there to protect McNabb, who is no slouch physically. I heard he just happened to walk into the trainers area and cracked a joke about "players faking injuries" and TO took it personal and exploded.

Do you live in the Philly area and/or read the local papers and hear the local press daily?

"And that comment about Douglas is laughable. You'll never convince me that he was sent there to protect McNabb"

Yeah, it was just a coincidence that a guy NO LONGER EVEN ON THE TEAM just happened to be hanging around the weight room at the same time TO was there and started a fight with him just days after TO ripped McNabb in the press AGAIN!

Sure it was...... :P

Racist? What? Are you retarded or did you suffer brain damage in an accident?

black on black crime, dawg.

I did, and I found no such report. That's why I'm asking you to provide the link, so you can back up your thread.

Guest stevejohnson
I did, and I found no such report. That's why I'm asking you to provide the link, so you can back up your thread.

Is this good enough? It is right in the "Rumor Mill"!

POSTED 2:51 p.m. EDT, April 10, 2006

McNABB SOUNDING A LITTLE LIKE LORD FAVRE

An industry source pointed out to us on Monday morning recent comments from Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, which suggest that the leader of the franchise isn't thrilled with the team's lack of activity free agency.

"Well, I mean, it's somewhat frustrating at times, when you're seeing other players that possibly could help you out joining other teams," McNabb told Bob Grotz of the Daily Times of Delaware County, "especially in your division."

McNabb, in our view, sounds a little like Packers quarterback Brett Favre, who openly has been bemoaning the team's failure to improve itself through free agency as he supposedly wrestles with the decision as to whether he'll return for 2006. And words like that are a bit out of character for McNabb, who typically is the consummate company man.

The source who tipped us off to the story surmises that McNabb's comments are aimed at least in part at the failure of the Eagles to make a play for receiver Antwaan Randle El, who signed with the Redskins in the early days of free agency. McNabb, we're told, lobbied hard for the team to sign Randle El. Both players coincidentally are represented by agent Fletcher Smith.

McNabb's words also make us wonder about a few wild (we had assumed) rumors we'd heard earlier in the offseason that McNabb might want out of Philly. We could never develop anything concrete in this regard, but his most recent statements at least warrant careful watch of the entire situation, since this could be something that will escalate as time passes.

And as we've seen on various occasions over the past few years, a Pro Bowl player who sours on his team can find a way out of town no matter how many years are left on his deal.

McNabb is signed through 2013, with salaries that jump to $5.5 million in 2006, $6.3 million in 2008, $9.2 million in 2009, and $10 million in 2010. In the final year of his contract, McNabb is scheduled to make $16.21 million.

How set in stone is it that McNabb will play out that deal? Just ask the Vikings, who also had Daunte Culpepper signed through 2013.

If they trade for J. Walker

Hey, let's trade for a guy with one decent season coming off major knee reconstruction!

Who you gonna get to play linebacker, Terri Shiavo?

idiot.

Is this good enough? It is right in the "Rumor Mill"!

Thank you. I couldn't find it at first glance. I also don't put much stock in it, if any at all, since it is a "rumor". Could be all made up.

And if McNabb doesn't want another sub .500 season, then he better not get hurt again.

Do you live in the Philly area and/or read the local papers and hear the local press daily?

"And that comment about Douglas is laughable. You'll never convince me that he was sent there to protect McNabb"

Yeah, it was just a coincidence that a guy NO LONGER EVEN ON THE TEAM just happened to be hanging around the weight room at the same time TO was there and started a fight with him just days after TO ripped McNabb in the press AGAIN!

Sure it was...... :bandana:

Actually, I travel to Philly regularly for work. Our main DR site is there. And I have a few friends there. So while it's not daily, I'm in touch more than most outsiders.

And Douglas was with the team, just not as a player.

Guest stevejohnson
Hey, let's trade for a guy with one decent season coming off major knee reconstruction!

Who you gonna get to play linebacker, Terri Shiavo?

idiot.

Thanks. Now I know for sure Walker will have another Pro Bowl season this year......any other insights? I figure if I just go with the exact opposite of what you say, I'm sure to come out on top!

Thank you. I couldn't find it at first glance. I also don't put much stock in it, if any at all, since it is a "rumor". Could be all made up.

And if McNabb doesn't want another sub .500 season, then he better not get hurt again.

Well, I mean, it's somewhat frustrating at times, when you're seeing other players that possibly could help you out joining other teams," McNabb told Bob Grotz of the Daily Times of Delaware County, "especially in your division."

That is not a "rumor" but a direct quote....anyone who follows the team knows that Donavan "Company Man" McNabb saying ANYTHING that conflicts with the front office is major news....for him to give a local paper a quote like that tells me he feels like he isn't being heard by Andy Reid and Joe Banner.....

Guest stevejohnson
Actually, I travel to Philly regularly for work. Our main DR site is there. And I have a few friends there. So while it's not daily, I'm in touch more than most outsiders.

And Douglas was with the team, just not as a player.

I guess then the kid who sells tickets over the phone is "with the team" too? Please! Douglas was sent in to confront TO because for whatever reason McNabb wasn't up to the task and no one else currently PLAYING on the team had his back enough to do it for him.

This year is make or break for McNabb. If he gets the Eagles back to the Super Bowl, he will be revered as hero that refused to give into TO's childish games but God help him if the Eagles have a bad start.....he will called a gutless pv$$y and be booed right out of town. Philly fans have no tolerence for players they see as "weak". As a life long Eagles fan and season ticket holder, I'm hoping that McNabb turns it around this season but with the current cast of nobodys at WR and holes in the OL, it seems like they are setting him up to fail!

Thanks. Now I know for sure Walker will have another Pro Bowl season this year......any other insights? I figure if I just go with the exact opposite of what you say, I'm sure to come out on top!

I heard that Richard Pryor is a free agent. Your team might need some corner help.

The Texans are going to kick the crap out of the Iggles this year.

Philly fans have no tolerence for players they see as "weak".

Maybe that's the reason they boo when people suffer career ending neck injuries, throw batteries at players and beat up people in the stands in they are cheering for the other team. Those crazy Philly fans!

Guest stevejohnson
I heard that Richard Pryor is a free agent. Your team might need some corner help.

The Texans are going to kick the crap out of the Iggles this year.

Maybe that's the reason they boo when people suffer career ending neck injuries, throw batteries at players and beat up people in the stands in they are cheering for the other team. Those crazy Philly fans!

I'm only sorry that crack head, wife beating, purple suit wearing jerk off didn't permanently injure his big mouth so we all wouldn't have to be subjected to his nonsense on NFL count down!

It is true that fans that wear jerseys of other teams or get too loud do get beat down at the LINC! I have seen some pretty bad beatings, women included at the VET and LINC. The same stuff happens at the Gaint/Jets games, Browns games, in Oakland, etc.... My advice to outsiders is don't wear another team's jersey and don't openly cheer against the Eagles and you should be OK!

As for the battery issue, ONE GUY, out of 35,000 threw a battery and now all Philly fans are crazy?

Now crawl back to the geek board........

I'm only sorry that crack head, wife beating, purple suit wearing jerk off didn't permanently injure his big mouth so we all wouldn't have to be subjected to his nonsense on NFL count down!

It is true that fans that wear jerseys of other teams or get too loud do get beat down at the LINC! I have seen some pretty bad beatings, women included at the VET and LINC. The same stuff happens at the Gaint/Jets games, Browns games, in Oakland, etc.... My advice to outsiders is don't wear another team's jersey and don't openly cheer against the Eagles and you should be OK!

As for the battery issue, ONE GUY, out of 35,000 threw a battery and now all Philly fans are crazy?

Now crawl back to the geek board........

Crawl back to the geek board??? :(

So you are admitting that your fans beat down people, including women, for cheering for the other team? And just because you don't like someone, it's OK to cheer when they suffer a career ending neck injury? Is anyone else reading this guy's crap?

I bet you are one of the loudmouths throwing batteries and screaming obscenities at a 10 year old because he is wearing a cowboys jersey. I can see your pattern of behavior after you got banned for threatening to beat up another poster because he disagreed with you.

You are a class act, stevejohnson. You mother would be proud, if she wasn't in jail.

Guest stevejohnson
Crawl back to the geek board??? :(

So you are admitting that your fans beat down people, including women, for cheering for the other team? And just because you don't like someone, it's OK to cheer when they suffer a career ending neck injury? Is anyone else reading this guy's crap?

I bet you are one of the loudmouths throwing batteries and screaming obscenities at a 10 year old because he is wearing a cowboys jersey. I can see your pattern of behavior after you got banned for threatening to beat up another poster because he disagreed with you.

You are a class act, stevejohnson. You mother would be proud, if she wasn't in jail.

When did I say it was cool to beat people down, yell at little kids, or throw batterys? I simply admitted that I have seen people get beat down not just in Philly but in a lot of NFL cities.....It's a sad reality so people that come to the games need to be ready for it or stay at home. I don't personally condone most of the stuff I have seen happen in the LINC or in the parking lots.

Irvin was and still is a CRACKHEAD. I never said I has happy that his neck was almost broken, just annoyed that it wasn't his mouth that got injured because he flat out SUCKS on NFL countdown.

Counting the J. Walker issue, that makes you 0-4 in this thread. Just go back to calling people "ghey" on the geek board....this is where people come to talk FOOTBALL!

Well, I mean, it's somewhat frustrating at times, when you're seeing other players that possibly could help you out joining other teams," McNabb told Bob Grotz of the Daily Times of Delaware County, "especially in your division."

That is not a "rumor" but a direct quote....anyone who follows the team knows that Donavan "Company Man" McNabb saying ANYTHING that conflicts with the front office is major news....for him to give a local paper a quote like that tells me he feels like he isn't being heard by Andy Reid and Joe Banner.....

I think you're blowing it out of proportion. And giving your history of posting, that's not entirely out of the question. Be truthful now. Sure, he's worried about signings, but who wouldn't be, and what year wasn't he, or anyone else? And they still went to the NFC Championship games. Same with any player on any team. They see this guy go somewhere else all the time. Here is the full story link. McNabb seems pretty okay to me. The team will go how he goes, that's why I said in a thread before there is tremendous pressure on him to perform well.

For now, McNabb prefers to embrace the underdog role, not the irony that the Cowboys are favored in the NFC East thanks to the addition of Owens and others, including kicker Mike Vanderjagt.

"I don’t care about that," McNabb said of the divisional presence of Owens. "If you really look at it, back in 2001 and 2002, we weren’t favored to win the division and we won it. So, I mean, we’ve been the underdog before -- not that everybody really wanted to see us win. But we did. So, no matter if we’re the favorite or the underdog, we still have to line up on that field and play football."

For now, McNabb is OK with right offensive tackle Jon Runyan back in the fold, and with such upgrades as wide receiver Jabaar Gaffney and tight end Matt Schobel, and defenders Darren Howard and Shawn Barber.

McNabb also knows the Eagles (6-10), who couldn’t win a game in the NFC East last year after claiming four straight pennants, didn’t make the offseason splash their contemporaries have.

While the Eagles privately think they’re better off because they avoided losing players to free agency, their quarterback -- like the fan base -- is uneasy about the striking offseason additions around him.

"Well, I mean, it’s somewhat frustrating at times when you’re seeing other players that possibly could help you out joining other teams -- especially in your division," McNabb said. "But we have our nucleus here. We have our guys that we know that can go out on the field and make plays for us. I’m sure the draft is going to help us in so many ways, so we just have to take full advantage of it."

By talking about football do you mean insulting anyone who disagrees with you? It is what you have done in the past...and also done right in this very thread. You seem to think yours is the only opinion that can be right. And I love how you keep records for people....but you are 0-fer lifetime at fftoday.

Guest stevejohnson
I think you're blowing it out of proportion. And giving your history of posting, that's not entirely out of the question. Be truthful now. Sure, he's worried about signings, but who wouldn't be, and what year wasn't he, or anyone else? And they still went to the NFC Championship games. Same with any player on any team. They see this guy go somewhere else all the time. Here is the full story link. McNabb seems pretty okay to me. The team will go how he goes, that's why I said in a thread before there is tremendous pressure on him to perform well.

I never said he was quiting the team or anything but if you really do follow the Eagles you know damn well he NEVER says anything not on the Andy Reid script card so for him to publicly question the front office is big news in Philly. Just listen to 610 or 950 today, it's the number one topic callers want to talk about.

By talking about football do you mean insulting anyone who disagrees with you? It is what you have done in the past...and also done right in this very thread. You seem to think yours is the only opinion that can be right. And I love how you keep records for people....but you are 0-fer lifetime at fftoday.

Sorry Sho but besides responding to attacks, where have I "insulted" anyone in this thread. It is mostly an A and B dialog between EAGLES FANS so why don't you C your way out of it and go back to stalking people on the geek board!

Thanks....

When did I say it was cool to beat people down, yell at little kids, or throw batterys? I simply admitted that I have seen people get beat down not just in Philly but in a lot of NFL cities.....It's a sad reality so people that come to the games need to be ready for it or stay at home. I don't personally condone most of the stuff I have seen happen in the LINC or in the parking lots.

Irvin was and still is a CRACKHEAD. I never said I has happy that his neck was almost broken, just annoyed that it wasn't his mouth that got injured because he flat out SUCKS on NFL countdown.

Counting the J. Walker issue, that makes you 0-4 in this thread. Just go back to calling people "ghey" on the geek board....this is where people come to talk FOOTBALL!

You sure do flip flop a lot. One minute you sound very proud and boastful about how great Philly fans are when they beat up women and cheer for career ending injuries, and then the next minute you don't personally condone it. Is this John Kerry? :wacko:

So you are saying that they should trade for Walker even though he has already demonstrated that he will hold out for more money, and is coming off major knee surgery? If you would, you could be the GM of the Idiotville Dingleberries. I heard they are looking for someone of your caliber.

So is this where you threaten to beat me up like you did to the other poster that disagreed with you? :shocking:

I never said he was quiting the team or anything but if you really do follow the Eagles you know damn well he NEVER says anything not on the Andy Reid script card so for him to publicly question the front office is big news in Philly. Just listen to 610 or 950 today, it's the number one topic callers want to talk about.

Yeah, I guess because that's what's being talked about it could be seen as 'big' news, or it could also be because it's a pretty slow sports news day anyway, there's not much else to really talk about (the Sixers?), so the broadcasters need to stoke the flames. Either way.

It is mostly an A and B dialog between EAGLES FANS so why don't you C your way out of it

Oh.......my........God.......

He did not just pull that out, did he? :shocking:

This has GOT to be an alias of someone. I am convinced of it now. After the "that was you looking in the mirror" gem from the other day to this fine piece of internet comeback, I am absolutely convinced that there is no one in the world that is this blatently idiotic.

Hey, Megla. Can you ip check this guy?

Toro, IPs can be masked. If it is a silverback, they aren't going to get caught that easily.

Guest stevejohnson
You sure do flip flop a lot. One minute you sound very proud and boastful about how great Philly fans are when they beat up women and cheer for career ending injuries, and then the next minute you don't personally condone it. Is this John Kerry? :(

So you are saying that they should trade for Walker even though he has already demonstrated that he will hold out for more money, and is coming off major knee surgery? If you would, you could be the GM of the Idiotville Dingleberries. I heard they are looking for someone of your caliber.

So is this where you threaten to beat me up like you did to the other poster that disagreed with you? :shocking:

"sound boastful"? What could you hear my voice? You should see someone about those voices. Maybe your mother in law will pay for you to see a therapist.

There are at least 6 teams in the process of trying to get Walker from the Packers incuding the Pats and the Broncos, in addition to the Eagles. His knee injury was considered minor when compared to other ACL injuries. He only tore one tendon where most guys with ALC injuries tear two or more (Culpepper tore ALL FOUR and Miami still gave up a 2nd round pick and a new contract). You clearly don't understand the game and are just interested in starting problems. Take this nonsense to the geek board before the mods give you the boot!

Oh.......my........God.......

He did not just pull that out, did he? :wacko:

This has GOT to be an alias of someone. I am convinced of it now. After the "that was you looking in the mirror" gem from the other day to this fine piece of internet comeback, I am absolutely convinced that there is no one in the world that is this blatently idiotic.

Trying to get an IP address? Reported! This is the main FOOTBALL board! Take this nonsense to the Geek Board!

Sorry Sho but besides responding to attacks, where have I "insulted" anyone in this thread. It is mostly an A and B dialog between EAGLES FANS so why don't you C your way out of it and go back to stalking people on the geek board!

Thanks....

Post #14 in this thread. HTH

Wow...two people now you say should go back to the geek board. Problem is...I post on this board quite often....and itsatipthat several people posting in this thread are not Eagle's fans.

Guest stevejohnson
Post #14 in this thread. HTH

Wow...two people now you say should go back to the geek board. Problem is...I post on this board quite often....and itsatipthat several people posting in this thread are not Eagle's fans.

Sho, I just want to point out that you have posted a direct response to EVERY post I have made today, in both the geek board and here. Now you are counting my post? Look, there are dozens of threads to post in, just find someone else to stalk already.

Thanks!