Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Reggie Bush : I keep trying to find a

4.33 and 225 24 times pretty much sums it up in my book.

The comparison (I thought obviously) was the talent of the defenses he faced in the pac 10. Didn't I say that?

The reference to LBs being able to take him down had nothing to do with his 4.3 speed....how many football games have you watched where at any point in the game, the refs chalked off a 40 yd course and the defenders let him run unabated? :thumbsup:

It doensn't happen - Linebackers in the NFL are not going to run a 4.3 - but then, neither is Reggie Bush. And while he's swerving and dodging and juking and jiving, someone like Brian Urlacher is going to be fast enough to lay some wood to him.

My point wasn't that LBs in the pros are as fast as Bush - my point was that they're fast enough to take him down whereas in college they may not be.

Excellent point. Pretty well where I'm at - he has a chance to be a top caliber RB like Sanders....but let's not go annointing him before he takes his 1st NFL snap.

I think that's the "Booty Mass index"

:lol:

Your quote was that NFL linebackers are fast enough to chase him down. No linebacker is fast enough to chase him down. If you meant something else say it. I'm not here to translate.

speed

more power than he is given credit for ( he never had to be a power back with White being the grind guy )

I don't think he'll bust, but, a slightly-above average bench press for an RB does not equal power. Napoleon Kaufman could bench press almost 500 pounds and had Bush-like explosiveness, but he couldn't run for power because he had no weight. (Bush is a lot bigger than Kaufman, but still significantly smaller than most starting HBs.)

i think the one thing people don't talk about much about, which i consider VERY significant, is this kid's drive and heart. Did anyone watch the interview with LT when he talked about them training together last summer? When the best current RB in football says this kid trains and pushes himself as hard as anyone he's ever been around, and kept coming back for more...well, that tells me plenty. He's more than just a guy looking for a paycheck. He wants to be the greatest back ever. I'm a fan and a believer. :ninja:

i think the one thing people don't talk about much about, which i consider VERY significant, is this kid's drive and heart. Did anyone watch the interview with LT when he talked about them training together last summer? When the best current RB in football says this kid trains and pushes himself as hard as anyone he's ever been around, and kept coming back for more...well, that tells me plenty. He's more than just a guy looking for a paycheck. He wants to be the greatest back ever. I'm a fan and a believer. :blink:

:ninja:

I believe Reggie is getting over-hyped. I think he could be a decent player in the NFL, but I don't think he'll have the type of impact (it seems) everyone is expecting. I see Reggie making an impact with his return skills more so than in the running game. Last season, he only had one game with 20+ carries. I don't know too many teams that would have the confidence to make him their #1 RB. However, he could be a solid 3rd-down back or used as a change-of-pace back along with being a #1 KR.

I see him as a KR/backup RB, and that's why I have a difficult time considering him a legit top 3 pick. Investing $30+ million just for a player like that seems very risky. The draft class doesn't seem all that deep this year and I think it's another reason he is getting hyped-up even more. You never hear football analysists and commentators talk trash about a draft like "This is the worst draft class the past decade..." or "We should make the draft five rounds cuz there's only three round of decent talent."

IMO Bush is like Warrick Dunn with return skills, and I expect Bush will have a similar rushing career as Dunn but will help his team with the return game. If it were up to me, I rather invest $30+million on a franchise QB or OT than a KR.

Sure he will be. He'll get 15-20 carries 4-5 catches a game. Not sure why everyone feels he's so small. Have you seen the guy? He's built like a rock. He's 5'11 and 207 pounds right now at only 21 years old. He's already the same size as Portis, Faulk, Holmes and could easily put on another 10 pounds.

He weighed 200 lbs at the combine...

he needs to bulk up...

And if someone drafts Bush over Jordan -- there are NUTS

Art Shell will pound & and pound the ball -- like he did his last time he was the Head Coach

This is what makes FF great...it's nice we're debating how good he can be rather whether the team can handle what kind of jerk he is...

He weighed 200 lbs at the combine...

he needs to bulk up...

And if someone drafts Bush over Jordan -- there are NUTS

Art Shell will pound & and pound the ball -- like he did his last time he was the Head Coach

With someone with the name Portis26 how can you question his size? He's the same size as Portis coming out of school.

i think the one thing people don't talk about much about, which i consider VERY significant, is this kid's drive and heart. Did anyone watch the interview with LT when he talked about them training together last summer? When the best current RB in football says this kid trains and pushes himself as hard as anyone he's ever been around, and kept coming back for more...well, that tells me plenty. He's more than just a guy looking for a paycheck. He wants to be the greatest back ever. I'm a fan and a believer. :huh:

I love hearing that about him. And I dont question that one bit. But at his size, he's going to need every bit of that drive and heart to hang with the big boys...because thats officially what they are in the NFL. Nice comments from LT2....whatd ya think he was gonna slap the kid in the face and say, "I really like the little guy..he's gotta lotta drive and heart, but he's kindof on the small side....I just dont know"?.....

No...he's fast and he's got the heart of a lion......what is reggie the new "Rudy" all of a sudden?

Your quote was that NFL linebackers are fast enough to chase him down. No linebacker is fast enough to chase him down. If you meant something else say it. I'm not here to translate.

Fair enough - sorry if I was less than clear. I never said they could catch him in a footrace though, so you are doing a little bit of creative interpretation there. I was assuming you'd watched football before. my bad? :unsure:

This is what makes FF great...it's nice we're debating how good he can be rather whether the team can handle what kind of jerk he is...

It's a nice change from the Owens' of the world, eh? :thumbsup:

With someone with the name Portis26 how can you question his size? He's the same size as Portis coming out of school.

I'm not 'questioning" his size... Im saying he needs to put on 15 lbs of muscle -- and does NOT usually happen the first season -- he was a sleek 200 lbs at his workout -- I personally think Kubs will not over load him as a rookie, because they do have a capable back in DD -- so from a fantasy perspective; my projections for him are limited

but from a fantasy perspective, if draft Bush over Jordan -- you are gonna regret it

R. Bush is a top pick in a keeper league but more of a late 2nd round pick in a re-draft. I wouldn't let this "he is too small" stuff sway you too much either way though. The kid did 10 more bench reps then his so called "power running" team mate L. White at his pro day at USC and if we have learned nothing else over the past several years, it is that "smaller" RBs can be very successful in the NFL. Just look at T. Barber, B. Westbrook, C. Portis, etc.....I think Bush put all of those guys to shame by 2007 and will be getting most of the touchs, with D. Davis on the bench by about week four in 2006.

R. Bush is a top pick in a keeper league but more of a late 2nd round pick in a re-draft. I wouldn't let this "he is too small" stuff sway you too much either way though. The kid did 10 more bench reps then his so called "power running" team mate L. White at his pro day at USC and if we have learned nothing else over the past several years, it is that "smaller" RBs can be very successful in the NFL. Just look at T. Barber, B. Westbrook, C. Portis, etc.....I think Bush put all of those guys to shame by 2007 and will be getting most of the touchs, with D. Davis on the bench by about week four in 2006.

Late 2nd round is WAY too early... it my lastest mock -- these guys went before Bush

Dominck Davis

Kevin Jones

Carson Palmer

Julius Jones

Jamal Lewis

DeShaun Foster

Donovan McNabb

Reuben Droughns

Hines Ward

Deuce McAllister

Chester Taylor

Tom Brady

Santana Moss

Chris Chambers

Antonio Gates

Warrick Dunn

THEN BUSH WAS DRAFTED

Reggie Bush

Late 2nd round is WAY too early... it my lastest mock -- these guys went before Bush

Dominck Davis

Kevin Jones

Carson Palmer

Julius Jones

Jamal Lewis

DeShaun Foster

Donovan McNabb

Reuben Droughns

Hines Ward

Deuce McAllister

Chester Taylor

Tom Brady

Santana Moss

Chris Chambers

Antonio Gates

Warrick Dunn

THEN BUSH WAS DRAFTED

Reggie Bush

In the league(s) I play in, most people will realize that Bush will be a second half stud and if you want him you will have to grab him early. (L. Johnson when at the top of the 3rd round of my high stakes league last season. A few people chuckled then but it wasn't so funny by mid season). I can only hope that people in my league are foolish enough to draft the likes of D. Davis, R. Droughns, or any WR not named R.Moss, M. Harrison, T. Holt, C. Johnson, or S. Smith before Bush, especially in a keeper league.

Just my opinion.

Dominck Davis

Kevin Jones

Carson Palmer

Julius Jones

Jamal Lewis

DeShaun Foster

Donovan McNabb

Reuben Droughns

Hines Ward

Deuce McAllister

Chester Taylor

Tom Brady

Santana Moss

Chris Chambers

Antonio Gates

Warrick Dunn

THEN BUSH WAS DRAFTED

Reggie Bush

Agree to disagree. I would take Bush over that whole list. But that is my opinion. :thumbsup:

Agree to disagree. I would take Bush over that whole list. But that is my opinion. :thumbsup:

In a redraft?

You won't win much like that.

But that is my opinion of course...

since we are talking about bush maybe being too small, here's the other side of the coin to me.

one thing i think bush has in his favor is that with his size, he is extremely elusive, and throughout college, i never seen a defensive player get a solid hit on him, which is why he's been mainly injury free.

granted, college football and nfl are 2 different animals and speed, but i remember barry sanders never getting hurt b/c no one ever got a clean shot on him. dont get me wrong, in no way am i comparing bush's skills to sanders (not even in the same ball park) but merely trying to point out that these elusive backs tend to resist injuries b/c they never get hit cleanly.

but we'll have to see in bush's case

:thumbsup:

The expectations are so high that he'd have to rush for 3,000 yards and 40 TDs to meet them.

I have high expectations but to think he'll be a top 5 back right away is insane. I see about 1400 total yards and 6-8 TD's.

I'm not 'questioning" his size... Im saying he needs to put on 15 lbs of muscle -- and does NOT usually happen the first season -- he was a sleek 200 lbs at his workout -- I personally think Kubs will not over load him as a rookie, because they do have a capable back in DD -- so from a fantasy perspective; my projections for him are limited

but from a fantasy perspective, if draft Bush over Jordan -- you are gonna regret it

Bush looked like he was built like a brick sh1t house to me. Very solid frame, and I don't think he needs to make any effort to put on weight.

In a redraft?

You won't win much like that.

But that is my opinion of course...

all depends. I remember when Edge and Ricky Williams were rookies. Edge went mid 1st round and at the time I was :thumbsup: . But at the end of the season I was :cry: and he was :first:

Bush is special. He will put up pretty good stats. He will be the starter from day 1. He will become a highlight reel just like in college. There isn't another RB in the draft I would say that about though.

my opinion. :cheers:

my opinion. :thumbsup:

Fair enough...reality will probably lay somewhere between our opinions...I think he'll start somewhat slowly, then pick up steam as the season wears on, ala R.Brown and Caddy. But especially in Houston, there will be an adjustment period.:cheers:

Remember the "USC is the greatest team of all time" promotional ad that was on ESPN continuously before the championship game?

They've done exactly the same thing with Bush and with repetition it's become gospel.

Bush is not Barry Sanders (Sanders had more and better highlights in any of his NFL years against NFL defenses, not against Oregon)

Reasons why he might be a bust:

1. Had 1 season of more than 1000 yards rushing

2. Played behind one of the very best offensive lines in college

3. Played on a team that had nfl talent at all the skill positions so that defenses could not key on him

4. Played one of the weakest schedules in terms of opponents ability to stop the run in the only season that he broke 1000 yards.

Yes he won the Heisman by blowing up Fresno St for a million yards and was able to juke their players twice each on the same play, but could he have nearly as good a game against Ohio St or Penn St or Texas? No. And in the NFL the defenses will be much stouter than those fine college team's were.

He will be a bust as a first pick overall, he would not be a bust as a second round pick, which is where he would have been picked if he and Jerious Norwood had switched schools (of course then we'd be hearing about how Norwood has 4.4 speed and tore up the Pac 10 for a whole season, etc).

Reggie Bush = next Ron Dayne

Its just a gut feeling I have. I'm not buying all the hype.

:blink:

Remember the "USC is the greatest team of all time" promotional ad that was on ESPN continuously before the championship game?

They've done exactly the same thing with Bush and with repetition it's become gospel.

Bush is not Barry Sanders (Sanders had more and better highlights in any of his NFL years against NFL defenses, not against Oregon)

3. Played on a team that had nfl talent at all the skill positions so that defenses could not key on him

4. Played one of the weakest schedules in terms of opponents ability to stop the run in the only season that he broke 1000 yards.

Yes he won the Heisman by blowing up Fresno St for a million yards and was able to juke their players twice each on the same play, but could he have nearly as good a game against Ohio St or Penn St or Texas? No. And in the NFL the defenses will be much stouter than those fine college team's were.

He will be a bust as a first pick overall, he would not be a bust as a second round pick, which is where he would have been picked if he and Jerious Norwood had switched schools (of course then we'd be hearing about how Norwood has 4.4 speed and tore up the Pac 10 for a whole season, etc).

Well, he had 195 total yards and 3 TDs against #11 Notre Dame, 260 yards and 2 TDs against #13 UCLA, and 177 yards and 1 TD against #1 Texas.

Well, he had 195 total yards and 3 TDs against #11 Notre Dame, 260 yards and 2 TDs against #13 UCLA, and 177 yards and 1 TD against #1 Texas.

Not saying he's worthless, just saying that his stats are inflated like Crouch's at Kentucky and that he is not as worthy of the #1 overall pick as other backs have been (just a low talent year for the draft).

Notre Dame had the # 12 rushing defense (in yards/game) and he did go off for 160 yards on 15 carries, but Texas at #21 held him to 82 yards on 13 carries. UCLA's rush defense was #113.

To be a lock, can't miss, number one overall pick at running back compare his best year to Sanders who had the entire focus of every team he played (or to Larry Johnson or Ricky Williams). All three broke 2000 yards in conferences that play defense, when they were the complete focus of the opponents defenses.

---

and since the people at ESPN are silly enough to have put to a vote whether Bush is better than Hershel Walker, Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders, at least most of the public isn't as braindead as bristol.

espinvote4ek.jpg

Not saying he's worthless, just saying that his stats are inflated like Crouch's at Kentucky and that he is not as worthy of the #1 overall pick as other backs have been (just a low talent year for the draft).

Notre Dame had the # 12 rushing defense (in yards/game) and he did go off for 160 yards on 15 carries, but Texas at #21 held him to 82 yards on 13 carries. UCLA's rush defense was #113.

To be a lock, can't miss, number one overall pick at running back compare his best year to Sanders who had the entire focus of every team he played (or to Larry Johnson or Ricky Williams). All three broke 2000 yards in conferences that play defense, when they were the complete focus of the opponents defenses.

I think every scout that actually gets paid to do it disagrees with you.

1. This is one of the deeper drafts we have seen in quite some time. A lot of defense, but still no scout calling anyone better than Bush.

2. Are you kidding me with the USC plays a soft schedule thing? They beat 5 ranked teams during the season and only barley lost in probably the best college championship game ever.

3. I guess if you do say they have a soft schedule because of the Pac 10, you could say that Carson Palmer was over-rated, as was any USC player taken. Heck Lienart which is the #1 rated QB coming out is really garbage cause he played at USC. Geuss he's lucky he didn't take that full ride to Idado. Since 1970, 25% of the #1 picks have come out of the Pac 10. Names include, Carson Palmer, Keyshawn Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, Troy Aikman, and John Elway. I left out the 1969 draft that was a little known RB name Juice. Now if you want to say that all successful USC RB's taken #1 overall will eventually behead their wife, I cannot argue with you. The stats are there.

4. You are putting all your eggs in one basket (Happy Easter!). Stats aren't the end all to a players greatness. I know in FF they are, but not in real life. There's work ethic, there's mental capacity, there's heart, there vision, speed, quickness, toughness, strength, ability to shed tackles, abilty to make a tackler miss, ability to avoid the big hits, ability to catch, etc etc etc. Bush rates on all these things.

In fact I have only seen 2 knocks on the guy.

1. Pass blocking ability.

2. Ability to carry the ball 20-30 times a game.

And please don't come back with the size thing. That is so overdone. Emmitt Smith was too small by everyone's account. We all know how that turned out.

Do us a favor. Next time simply say, in your opinion, the guy is bust material. We can't argue with that. :first:

I thought we were talking about a running back? Passing is something the Pac 10 does very well, so bringing up successful quarterbacks from the Pac 10 is a little off point even if you bring up a lot of them(some were rather dated too).

Never had 25 carries in a game - I know it's a stat, but as a franchise cornerstone which is what you want from a number one overall pick running back, that stat would scare me if I were making the pick. Warrick Dunn is apparently a great person and a workout warrior and a heck of a running back, but his career wouldn't validate a number 1 overall selection and that is what you could get with Bush.

The draft is deep, on the defensive side, but this is not a strong class on offense. WR - lots of potential, but no sure hits. QB - people are talking about Cutler being the best of the bunch, yes people that get paid to do this. RB - hint: the fact that no scout is saying any running back is better than Bush, doesn't mean this is a strong class, it could be that no one is better than a guy with 1 dominant seaon (in a conference that occassionally plays run defense) who is almost more of a receiver than a runner is BECAUSE the class is weak.

The guy who started this thread was at a complete loss to find any reason that Bush isn't the safest number one pick ever. I was responding that yes there are reasons to be concerned, this isn't Barry or Herschel or Bo or even Ricky or Edge or Larry Johnson.

Just my opinion, I know it's in the minority opinion and espn won't back it up, but hell according to them 2005 USC was better than 1995 Nebraska (I won 2k on Texas, I would bet everything on 1995 Nebraska giving 10 points)

Never had 25 carries in a game - I know it's a stat, but as a franchise cornerstone which is what you want from a number one overall pick running back, that stat would scare me if I were making the pick. Warrick Dunn is apparently a great person and a workout warrior and a heck of a running back, but his career wouldn't validate a number 1 overall selection and that is what you could get with Bush.

This is a load of crap. Bush is a better prospect than Dunn was. Even now, as a fully-grown man, Dunn is only 180 pounds. Bush weighs 200 pounds and is only 21 years old, he'll likely get bigger.

I was responding that yes there are reasons to be concerned, this isn't Barry or Herschel or Bo or even Ricky or Edge or Larry Johnson.

That's right. He's his own guy. He's not Barry, but he's a better receiver than Barry. He's not Herschel, but he isn't going to play in the USFL. He's not Bo, but he doesn't split his time with baseball. He's not Edge, but he's much faster. He's not Larry Johnson, but he's much more elusive. If I were a GM there's no way I'd rather have an Edge or an LJ than a Bush.

Bo and Herschel were perhaps better talents. But Bo only touched the ball 561 times in his career. Herschel had a pretty prolific NFL career but never dominated at the pro level like you'd have expected based on his college career. Young Reggie stands a very good chance to beat all of Walker's key career stats: 1954 carries, 512 receptions, 4.2 yards per rush, 9.5 yards per reception, and 82 rush/rec touchdowns.

I don't think he'll bust, but, a slightly-above average bench press for an RB does not equal power. Napoleon Kaufman could bench press almost 500 pounds and had Bush-like explosiveness, but he couldn't run for power because he had no weight. (Bush is a lot bigger than Kaufman, but still significantly smaller than most starting HBs.)

He's listed as 5'10 200 lbs I believe.. thats about average for RB's these days. Look at Portis, Caddie, Edge etc... I agree though, he hasn't shown the ability to punch the ball through the line like many of these guys are capable of doing. Still... he is young and will grow into his body a bit more. If he could get up to 205 or 210 and maintain that, it would help his power. I'd argue that he can sacrifice a bit of speed for bulk and still be one of the faster backs out there. He should focus on leg and core strength, he is going to need it.

Bo and Herschel were perhaps better talents. But Bo only touched the ball 561 times in his career. Herschel had a pretty prolific NFL career but never dominated at the pro level like you'd have expected based on his college career. Young Reggie stands a very good chance to beat all of Walker's key career stats: 1954 carries, 512 receptions, 4.2 yards per rush, 9.5 yards per reception, and 82 rush/rec touchdowns.

You hit a soft spot with me.. I believe Bo was the best back not named Sayers to ever take the field. He was fast as greased lightening and as strong as an ox.. he could block and catch a pass... however, I don't rank him as one of the all time greats simply due to his career length.

I think every scout that actually gets paid to do it disagrees with you.

1. This is one of the deeper drafts we have seen in quite some time. A lot of defense, but still no scout calling anyone better than Bush.

2. Are you kidding me with the USC plays a soft schedule thing? They beat 5 ranked teams during the season and only barley lost in probably the best college championship game ever.

3. I guess if you do say they have a soft schedule because of the Pac 10, you could say that Carson Palmer was over-rated, as was any USC player taken. Heck Lienart which is the #1 rated QB coming out is really garbage cause he played at USC. Geuss he's lucky he didn't take that full ride to Idado. Since 1970, 25% of the #1 picks have come out of the Pac 10. Names include, Carson Palmer, Keyshawn Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, Troy Aikman, and John Elway. I left out the 1969 draft that was a little known RB name Juice. Now if you want to say that all successful USC RB's taken #1 overall will eventually behead their wife, I cannot argue with you. The stats are there.

4. You are putting all your eggs in one basket (Happy Easter!). Stats aren't the end all to a players greatness. I know in FF they are, but not in real life. There's work ethic, there's mental capacity, there's heart, there vision, speed, quickness, toughness, strength, ability to shed tackles, abilty to make a tackler miss, ability to avoid the big hits, ability to catch, etc etc etc. Bush rates on all these things.

In fact I have only seen 2 knocks on the guy.

1. Pass blocking ability.

2. Ability to carry the ball 20-30 times a game.

And please don't come back with the size thing. That is so overdone. Emmitt Smith was too small by everyone's account. We all know how that turned out.

Do us a favor. Next time simply say, in your opinion, the guy is bust material. We can't argue with that. :wall:

Generally I don't disagree with you... but there are plenty of scouts who say others will ultimately be better NFL players than Bush in this draft, they just are not at that point yet. Call it a product of his position or his wow factor, but on pure talent and promise, there are plenty of guys at various positions who could end up being more impact players than Bush.

---

and since the people at ESPN are silly enough to have put to a vote whether Bush is better than Hershel Walker, Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders, at least most of the public isn't as braindead as bristol.

espinvote4ek.jpg

What sets Bush apart is not his raw numbers, but his big play potential. He had an average of almost 9 yards per carry... THAT is impressive. Add to that nearly 13 yards per reception....

One of the better 'why not' posts I have seen. The evidence you can point to for him not being quite as good as everyone is saying boils down to..

He is still somewhat raw...

Relys heavily on his speed, lacks power which he will need to break tackles.

Doesn't block well.

Doesn't show the power to get through the line at the goal line (runs around it).

However.. he has plenty of speed.... and he is fast... he is also very quick... question is will that 'gap' that allowed him to flurish in the NCAA carry over to the NFL where the linemen and LB's are almost as fast as the RB's??

There is also the question of how much of a pounding he can take.. he is still growing so I assume he will get a bit bigger, but how much punishment can he handle is still an unknown. That's why I still think Houston (if they take him which seems likely) will ease him into the game as a 3rd down and return specialist until he learns to pick up blockers and can show he can handle the punishment.

This is one of the best threads I've seen in a long time. The passion, the emotion, the conviction... Hell, this could have been a debate on Jesus Christ vs. Mohammad... well almost.

For my 2 cents, in Dynasty leagues all this matters. It matters in Keepers too, but most Keeper league owners prefer not to wait for their investment to mature. In redraft leagues it means very little. Someone will grab him way too early expecting to have Larry Johnson. Bush is a rookie. He'll most likely play on a bad team. He comes into the league with an awesome skill set for playing offense. I'm pretty sure that's what Houston is looking at. Offensive football player.

He'll be matchup hell for defenses much like Marshall Faulk was in St. Louis. Faulk had some very good seasons in Indy but it wasn't until he'd played enough to genuinely understand schemes and was surrounded by a Super Bowl calibre team that he went off.

Just a couple years ago it was Michael Vick. Remember? 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing every week?

Reggie Bush will be an impact player in the NFL at some point, barring injury. If Davis does in fact stay in Houston then Bush will have to start as the third down back. He has to learn not only the offense but he must learn defenses. If he picks it up quickly or Davis gets hurt he might be able to start to take over around the mid point this season. Unless Houstons defense dramatically improves, he'll get limited carries late in games.

I think Bush's success this year will be dictated by his inexperience and the calibre of his team. My guess is he'll score 6 TD's and have between 40 and 80 yards combined each week this year. Now next year...

This is one of the best threads I've seen in a long time. The passion, the emotion, the conviction... Hell, this could have been a debate on Jesus Christ vs. Mohammad... well almost.

For my 2 cents, in Dynasty leagues all this matters. It matters in Keepers too, but most Keeper league owners prefer not to wait for their investment to mature. In redraft leagues it means very little. Someone will grab him way too early expecting to have Larry Johnson. Bush is a rookie. He'll most likely play on a bad team. He comes into the league with an awesome skill set for playing offense. I'm pretty sure that's what Houston is looking at. Offensive football player.

He'll be matchup hell for defenses much like Marshall Faulk was in St. Louis. Faulk had some very good seasons in Indy but it wasn't until he'd played enough to genuinely understand schemes and was surrounded by a Super Bowl calibre team that he went off.

Just a couple years ago it was Michael Vick. Remember? 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing every week?

Reggie Bush will be an impact player in the NFL at some point, barring injury. If Davis does in fact stay in Houston then Bush will have to start as the third down back. He has to learn not only the offense but he must learn defenses. If he picks it up quickly or Davis gets hurt he might be able to start to take over around the mid point this season. Unless Houstons defense dramatically improves, he'll get limited carries late in games.

I think Bush's success this year will be dictated by his inexperience and the calibre of his team. My guess is he'll score 6 TD's and have between 40 and 80 yards combined each week this year. Now next year...

Correct... his value this year is not high at all... he will break a couple long ones though and could have some impact on special teams.

As far as Dom Davis owners are concerned, this year will be on pins and needles hoping he doesn't get hurt, or if he does, its nothing more than a ding and then you get to hold your breath over the off-season. He will end up someplace, but until Bush settles in they will keep him around.

Guest Mr.T

All I know is come the end of the season there's going to be a lot of people saying I told you so. Just a matter of which side is gonna be saying it.

Personally, while I'm not quite ready to annoint him into the HOF, I'll admit he looks absolutely fantastic. Best college rb I've ever seen, though I have not seen many to compare him with.

He may be the second coming of Barry Sanders, but I want to see him do it against NFL calibre defences before I decide. It's easy to juke out some college linebacker, but try doing it against Urlacher. I'm not going to pass on solid guys who aren't splitting time with DD and running behind a crap O-line to take Bush.

Problem with this approach is, when in a dynasty or a deep keeper league, you'd already have missed the boat on him and would have to pay through the nose to land him after he becomes a pro-bowler.

Reggie Bush = next Ron Dayne

Its just a gut feeling I have. I'm not buying all the hype.

:banana:

Ron Dayne really had little hype - in fact i think he was taken after J. lewis , T. Jones, and S. Alexander ?