Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

Saddam gave orders to kill Iraqis!

I really want to know what you'll think.

Is it ONLY because the South seceded from the Union? Shiites and Sunnis were not allowed to secede. So?

In English?

Civil War

trying to get the libs to admit our occupation is justified is like trying to get the jews to admit they murdered jc :mad:

Are you comparing our Civil War to Saddam's torture chambers?

That we never should have ended slavery?

No. Reread what I ACTUALLY said.

I really want to know what you'll think.

Is it ONLY because the South seceded from the Union? Shiites and Sunnis were not allowed to secede. So?

Yes...the South seceded...making them enemies of the United States of America.

Making anyone who flies the rebel flag, someone who wished to fly the flag of a vanquished enemy of this country.

You are implying that their is some similarities between what Abe and the North did to free the slaves and Saddam's Regime.

You are insane. One was sticking up for the rights of humanity and the other was doing the opposite.

Your association is bogus and offensive to all Americans.

So if the States where Abe had ordered the americans to be killed were still part of the union, he'd be just as bad as Saddam? :banana:

The difference is, Abe's goal was to end slavery and the ownership of humans, something that wasnt so good. Saddam was killing people cause they dont agree with him.

You are implying that their is some similarities between what Abe and the North did to free the slaves and Saddam's Regime.

You are insane. One was sticking up for the rights of humanity and the other was doing the opposite.

i was a little slow, but agreed.

Did Abe actually give orders to kill Americans?

I am not sure, did the right side win our civil war for the wrong reasons, or did the wrong side win for the right reasons. Some debate on this.

As far as Saddam is concerned, he quashed all who contradicted his way of thinking. Not exactly whether this is a civil war ot not.

trying to get the libs to admit our occupation is justified is like trying to get the jews to admit they murdered jc :banana:

Jesus was a jew.

HTH

Jesus was a jew.

HTH

still didnt keep em from murderin the poor guy :banana:

The South disagreed with the North. Regardless of reason.

They seceded from the Union but were still Americans.

The North didn't like the disagreement and went into the South and robbed, raped, plundered and stole everything they could get their hands on. Killed who they wanted to. Then burned the rest.

Is this because they wanted to end slavery? Means - End. I'm not sure.

Btw, I know most of you scream slavery but their were other reasons.

I may be insane for thirsting for answers (that YOU don't have)

but at least I'm not so afraid that I use a little seen alias!

The North didn't like the disagreement and went into the South and robbed, raped, plundered and stole everything they could get their hands on. Killed who they wanted to. Then burned the rest.

I don't even know where to start.

:banana:

I don't even know where to start.

:banana:

START by answering the question. Did Abe Lincoln give orders to kill Americans?

No spinning. No reasoning. No explaining.

DID HE ??????

Didn't the confederates strike first by attacking Fort Sumter?

You are a disgrace to the American people and should really move to Canada. You are comparing one of our undisputed greatest presidents of all time to Saddam Hussein. You make me sick and are everything that is wrong with America.

Didn't the confederates strike first by attacking Fort Sumter?

You are a disgrace to the American people and should really move to Canada. You are comparing one of our undisputed greatest presidents of all time to Saddam Hussein. You make me sick and are everything that is wrong with America.

No kidding. The South fired the first shots and started the whole war, which was more over state's rights, economics, culture and macho exhibitionism than it was slavery.

James Buchanan, considered one of the worst presidents ever, could have nipped the whole thing in the bud had he actually done something besides sit on his fat ass.

kozmiq needs to get his ass into a history class.

:lol:

Kozmiq asked a question. No one answers it. They're afraid to THINK.

So they attack the questioner. Then swear he's saying things that he really isn't.

I want you to think about our Civil War. Which was anything but civil.

Somehow, whom struck whom, first is an answer to what followed. If you're saying that Lincoln gave orders to plunder and kill because somone fired, first. Then fine. That's your assessment of the reasoning

FOR GIVING ORDERS TO KILL AMERICANS.

Okay?

So they attack the questioner. Then swear he's saying things that he really isn't.

Somehow, whom struck whom, first is an answer to what followed. If you're saying that Lincoln gave orders to plunder and kill because somone fired, first. Then fine. That's your assessment of the reasoning

Okay?

Actually, Lincoln didn't give orders to kill Americans.

He gave the orders to kill Confederates.

HTH, Shelby Foote.

:lol:

Actually, Lincoln didn't give orders to kill Americans.

He gave the orders to kill Confederates.

HTH, Shelby Foote.

:thumbsup:

Okay. Okay. YOU WIN !!!!

You win the dance contest for dancing all around this question without answering it.

:first:

semantics

:doh:

Okay. Okay. YOU WIN !!!!

You win the dance contest for dancing all around this question without answering it.

semantics

:doh:

It's a stupid question. Of course Abe Lincoln gave the order to kill, as did Woody Wilson, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush.

:first:

Somehow, whom struck whom, first is an answer to what followed.

English as a Second Language courses are available in most areas. HTH

It's a stupid question. Of course Abe Lincoln gave the order to kill, as did Woody Wilson, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush.

Carter? The only military action i can remember with Carter was that fiasco of a hostage rescue attempt. I think he supplied those guys with rubber bullets.

Carter? The only military action i can remember with Carter was that fiasco of a hostage rescue attempt. I think he supplied those guys with rubber bullets.

He gave the orders to kill!

It didn't work out, but he did give the orders for a military strike.

I think Ford is just about the only president I can think of in the past century or more who didn't order any kind of military strike.

I'll have to Google that!

Okay. Okay. You fellers (sic) are so far off the original intent of the question

that I'm afraid someone's going to mention Ford having his (American) dog put down.

So, thanks for chimimg in.

'cept for hoytoysauce or whatever.  That guy is an idiot!

I know. I know. Don't tell me. He's an alias. :thumbsup:

Okay. Okay. You fellers (sic) are so far off the original intent of the question

itsatip that no one can understand what the fock you're saying.

that I'm afraid someone's going to mention Ford having his (American) dog put down.

So, thanks for chimimg in.

'cept for hoytoysauce or whatever.  That guy is an idiot!

I know. I know. Don't tell me. He's an alias. :thumbsup:

you should migrate to Canada or Mexico, of course you may have trouble getting in since they both have tough immigration policies.

Okay?

I answered the questions. They were no longer "Americans" as we know it. They were a part of the Confederacy....which was an enemy to the United States of America.

I answered the questions. They were no longer "Americans" as we know it. They were a part of the Confederacy....which was an enemy to the United States of America.

not to mention an enemy who attacked us 1st

Okay. Forget it.

But we did all learned a few aliases out this ordeal.

If they had told the original colonies that once they joined the Union they could NEVER leave, none of them would have signed up.

Knowing that, how can anyone defend what Lincoln did?

If they had told the original colonies that once they joined the Union they could NEVER leave, none of them would have signed up.

Knowing that, how can anyone defend what Lincoln did?

No two or more States shall enter into any treaty, confederation or alliance whatever between them, without the consent of the United States in Congress assembled, specifying accurately the purposes for which the same is to be entered into, and how long it shall continue.

Every State shall abide by the determination of the United States in Congress assembled, on all questions which by this confederation are submitted to them. And the Articles of this Confederation shall be inviolably observed by every State, and the Union shall be perpetual; nor shall any alteration at any time hereafter be made in any of them; unless such alteration be agreed to in a Congress of the United States, and be afterwards confirmed by the legislatures of every State.

A couple passages from a little document known as The Articles of Confederation.

START by answering the question. Did Abe Lincoln give orders to kill Americans?

No spinning. No reasoning. No explaining.

DID HE ??????

No he gave orders to kill Confedrates. They're a lower, misguided inbred breed and are all roasting in hell.

:fish:

A couple passages from a little document known as The Articles of Confederation.

I need an attorney to translate that. I'm not certain that means they agreed to never leave the Union.

I need an attorney to translate that. I'm not certain that means they agreed to never leave the Union.

I believe Lincoln's contention was that it was unconstitutional for states to secede, and that they would be prevented from doing so by force if necessary.

HTH

I believe Lincoln's contention was that it was unconstitutional for states to secede, and that they would be prevented from doing so by force if necessary.

HTH

Obviously. And the South thought he was wrong. And so do I.

Few comments here:

- the Civil War was not about slavery.

- The Southern states had a consitutional right to leave the United States, that right was being denied by Lincoln and the US army.

- Were the Confederates Americans or not? Abraham Lincoln was very careful to ensure they were both. He used whichever situation would be most beneficial to him. Sometimes he treated them as foreign prisoners of war, at other times he treated them as Americans.

Honestly, I'm not sure if the Articles of Confederation still carried any weight after the States ratified the Constitution.