Sign in to follow this  
ggroovy17

Is There Anyone Who Could Replace SA, LT, LJ.....

Barring injury, are there any other running backs that could potentially oust either LT, SA, or LJ from the top 3? Portis seems to be alot of people's #4, but I don't see him breaking the top 3. I think Edgerrin would have the best chance personally.

Barring injury, are there any other running backs that could potentially oust either LT, SA, or LJ from the top 3? Portis seems to be alot of people's #4, but I don't see him breaking the top 3. I think Edgerrin would have the best chance personally.

I wouldn't bet money on it. There hasn't been any success in the Cardinals running game for a long time...

Portis, S-Jax, Caddy :(

I'm biased, i got all three :thumbsup: :(

Portis, S-Jax, Caddy :first:

I'm biased, i got all three :ninja: :D

I also think if the Ravens get McNair, then Jamal Lewis could easily reach 2003 form.

I also think if the Ravens get McNair, then Jamal Lewis could easily reach 2003 form.

He could easily get 2000 yards. LOL

Good post buddy.

Lewis had one great year in 5. Let it go bro.

He could easily get 2000 yards. LOL

Good post buddy.

Lewis had one great year in 5. Let it go bro.

Maybe not 2000 yards, but 12-15 TD's isn't out of reach. Why don't you answer the question instead of putting up a useless post, buddy!

Rudi :ninja:

Not with a healthy Perry around

Barring injury, no way anyone jumps those three. For me though? I'd want a top 6 or 7 pick to be a stud, tier 1 player, and I just don't see Portis as that yet. He's consistantly gotten better, but he hasn't gotten to that point yet. I haven't done any real study/research/thought about this yet but I might put Edge in that #4 spot. With or without an OL, they'll be able to spread the ball out and give him plenty of lanes.

After that it really is personal taste. You could take Portis, Caddie, SA, Rudi or a hoste of other players (McGahee, DD... shoot, even Ronnie Brown could be considered a top RB next year) that all have upside and questions, it'll all be about personal taste.

Depending on your scoring system Tiki. In my league with High Performance scoring and 1pt per reception Tiki has finished 2nd overall in scoring the last 2 season.

T. Bell :lol: Ron Dayne ;)

What about L. Jordon. New coaching staff, Art Shell, former off. lineman. Moss is sure to be healthier, creating more space past the 1st level. They would be smart to limit the damage A. Brooks can due. :P Dude wants the rock, still young, not a lot of milage, no serious injuries, no RBBC. Kind of a dark horse, but.....

DeAngelo Williams once Foster gets hurt.

There are a few that could do it... or they can do it themselves by having off years. LT and SA might not have great years and if you expect LJ to continue his monster run, that may be putting the cart before the horse.

Guys who have a shot... Caddy, Ronnie Brown, Edge, Portis and Tiki.

Guys who have the potential should the situations allow... Benson or Jones if one starts over the other, S-Jax, Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Lewis.

I forgot about Ronnie Brown, I think he definitely has a good chance with an improved Dolphins defense.

I forgot about Ronnie Brown, I think he definitely has a good chance with an improved Dolphins defense.

...and Ricky out of the picture.

Ronnie Brown could turn into an absolute stud in Miami. He will get the rock a ton and with Culpepper/Chambers looking to go vertical, it will open things up.

Tiki is a legit candidate to finish in the top 3. Always underrated, but always produces.

Portis & Edge are the flashy names, but I think Tike and Ronnie B are better candidates to bust up the trifecta at the top.

look for ricky williams to have a monster year. :banana:

in the CFL :cheers:

I forgot about Tiki, one of my favorites! Although I will say that the guy is a stud as a late 1st rounder, I'm not sure he'll live up to the tier 1 status (think: Ahman Green).

I forgot about Tiki, one of my favorites! Although I will say that the guy is a stud as a late 1st rounder, I'm not sure he'll live up to the tier 1 status (think: Ahman Green).

Ronnie Brown. He's a three-down back with great hands, he's in a Linehan system with a Linehan QB, and has the pieces around him to put him near the goal line a lot.

I don't think he'll outperform the guys you mentioned, but he has the opportunity.

:cheers:

Ronnie Brown. He's a three-down back with great hands, he's in a Linehan system with a Linehan QB, and has the pieces around him to put him near the goal line a lot.

I don't think he'll outperform the guys you mentioned, but he has the opportunity.

:cheers:

I don't disagree with the RB pick. With Ricky gone it really looks like he could be big this year, but it'll take a lot for me to pick a guy with potential (Ronnie) over a guy who's done it (Edge, Tiki...)

um no. THe dropoff is huge.

agreed. the only real teir in the top 20 runningbacks is from 3 to 4. 4 to 20 is pretty much even IMO.

agreed. the only real teir in the top 20 runningbacks is from 3 to 4. 4 to 20 is pretty much even IMO.

Yep. I'm going to see about being able to trade draft picks in my league this year (we usually just draft on yahoo so we can't trade), but top 3 is WAY more valuable than the rest this year.

I'd rather than one of those three and Lamont Jordan or Droughns or Julius or name your end of #2 RB than 2 middle tier guys.

Not with a healthy Perry around

Perry has ZERO effect on Rudi. Rudi will average 25 touches a game with or without Perry. It's just a matter of him getting the TD's over Palmer. It could happen.

...wait for it....

Ronnie Brown.

For total yards, anyway. But only if they utilize his awesome receiving skills. If they just send him endlessly into the pile, then no.

I quietly have Portis ranked #2 behind SA. I think the combo Saunders and getting some WRs to spread the field will give him a lot of room to operate and more touches at the goalline.

SA

Portis

LJ

LT

I think its 1 more year before guys like Brown, Caddy, Benson, and DeAngelo Williams make their move into the top echelon.

Of course, with the 10th pick in the draft, I'll have none of those top 4 :thumbsup:

Perry has ZERO effect on Rudi. Rudi will average 25 touches a game with or without Perry. It's just a matter of him getting the TD's over Palmer. It could happen.

:doublethumbsup: Agree.

I think Rudi is in for a top 5 season. Tough hard runner in a prolific offense. Reminds me of Edge. Here's something I posted in another thread.

Perry is nothing more than a third-down back. This is not a RBBC. Just because Perry was a first-round pick, people think he's better than Rudi. Look at the numbers.

Rudi

337 attempts

1458 yards

12 TDs

Perry

61 attempts

279 yards

0 TDs

The only thing Perry has over Rudi is receiving, hence him being a 3rd down back.

Pass on Rudi, you'll regret it.

:thumbsup:

i dont know about breaking the top 3 RB position but i have a good feeling about ronnie brown this year. i will take him in the 2nd round at #18 if available...i think he will be a solid #2 RB

My guess is Tiki, and I think LT has the most question marks at this point. He might slide back to the pack.

He's had over 300 carries for six straight years along with another 50 receptions so there might be some wear issues.

He lost his quarterback which could make the entire offense a little less productive.

My guess is Tiki, and I think LT has the most question marks at this point. He might slide back to the pack.

He's had over 300 carries for six straight years along with another 50 receptions so there might be some wear issues.

He lost his quarterback which could make the entire offense a little less productive.

With any other back, I might agree, but you have to remember, this guy put up 100 catches and had a 1,000 yard rushing season with nothing else around him a few years ago. He's simply unstopable.

Ronnie Brown. He's a three-down back with great hands, he's in a Linehan system with a Linehan QB,

:sleep:

Brown was trade to St. Louis? :ninja:

I quietly have Portis ranked #2 behind SA. I think the combo Saunders and getting some WRs to spread the field will give him a lot of room to operate and more touches at the goalline.

SA

Portis

LJ

LT

I think its 1 more year before guys like Brown, Caddy, Benson, and DeAngelo Williams make their move into the top echelon.

Of course, with the 10th pick in the draft, I'll have none of those top 4 :sleep:

clinto has decent years but never tds like he did in denver. Ill draft him in madden but why would u draft a stud rb with a crappy offense. Maybe not the worst but mark brunell, isnt he a senior citizen. Think about all the top rb's, great or good qb's. Hasselback/SA Brees/LT Green/lj/priest and o line. So the topic on this thread is who could REPLACE the top 3, the only guy that makes any sense to post is TIKI becasue he is in a good offense with a qb that gets better every season. Tiki gets it done without the goalline carries. Ronnie brown has a chance but who knows what cpepp is gonna do. Dont meen to point out the obvious fellas but as a rule of thumb, always draft an rb with a great qb or offense

clinto has decent years but never tds like he did in denver. Ill draft him in madden but why would u draft a stud rb with a crappy offense. Maybe not the worst but mark brunell, isnt he a senior citizen. Think about all the top rb's, great or good qb's. Hasselback/SA Brees/LT Green/lj/priest and o line. So the topic on this thread is who could REPLACE the top 3, the only guy that makes any sense to post is TIKI becasue he is in a good offense with a qb that gets better every season. Tiki gets it done without the goalline carries. Ronnie brown has a chance but who knows what cpepp is gonna do. Dont meen to point out the obvious fellas but as a rule of thumb, always draft an rb with a great qb or offense

Portis had a pretty good year last year.. remember a lot of short TDs went to the TE last year instead of punching it in on the ground. He has put up good yardage. It would be a stretch to make him #2, but top 5 is within reason.

As far as your rule of thumb, thats not a bad one but isn't 100%. Edge had a great Offense and Qb and was struggling down at 8 or 9 in most leagues. If he was on a different team he would have been higher up. Its the combination of a good O line, passing balance and running attack that propels these guys to the top 5.

1. I think Edge was higher than 8 or 9 in my league.

2. You could EASILY make an argument for Portis (or half a dozen others) to be top 5, but top 3? NO WAY.

1. I think Edge was higher than 8 or 9 in my league.

2. You could EASILY make an argument for Portis (or half a dozen others) to be top 5, but top 3? NO WAY.

I agree with #2... as far as edge.. most of my leagues are more balanced scoring with rush and passing yardage etc. Not as TD heavy as others. He was 6 in one, 7 in one and 8 or 9 in a few others. When you get into the 5-10, the point system can make a big difference, especially if fumbles are deducted or you get TD yardage.