Sign in to follow this  
Jwood

To all you Vince Young Haters..

1) You are idiots. :unsure:

2) You might can bash his play and his future in the NFL (for the life of me I still can't figure out why), but you can't bash his character. This isn't the first time he's done something like this. He's done something like this on several occasions. You gotta give him some props for his caring about the sick children.

Young Gives Draft Day Jersey to Houston Child with Hodgkin's

Also on draft day they asked what he was going to do with the money he will make. He first turned to his mother and asked her what she wanted. Then talked about donating to his church back in Texas. Seems like a very strong character guy...and he definately is motivated to go against Houston twice a year and show them that they screwed up when they passed on him. I believe NO plays Houston in 2007.

Also on draft day they asked what he was going to do with the money he will make. He first turned to his mother and asked her what she wanted. Then talked about donating to his church back in Texas. Seems like a very strong character guy...and he definately is motivated to go against Houston twice a year and show them that they screwed up when they passed on him. I believe NO plays Houston in 2007.

His pastor is :D :banana:

I don't think anyone hates the guy. I just think allot of us doubt he'll be successfull in the NFL. I don't really know what this post is supposed to prove.

Ok so he has a good heart and is a nice guy. But since when did that make you and effective NFL quarterback ;)

............He also had one of the lowest IQ tests :lol:

i wish all the best for vince. i like him. just because people have doubts about players doesn't make them "haters". i hope he has success, i just don't see him as the homerun a lot of others like yourself do.

He's just returning the favor - someone gave him a football scholarship when they found out he was mentally retarded.

He's just returning the favor - someone gave him a football scholarship when they found out he was mentally retarded.

<_<

I don't think anyone hates the guy. I just think allot of us doubt he'll be successfull in the NFL. I don't really know what this post is supposed to prove.

I hate him.

Ok so he has a good heart and is a nice guy. But since when did that make you and effective NFL quarterback <_<

............He also had one of the lowest IQ tests :lol:

So did Dan Marino, and that translated well into his NFL success didn't it?

:D

And to get back on topic.... Nice story. Would be nice if more pro athletes did stuff like this for sick kids. Instead of lend their vehicles to drug dealers and such. :)

I hope VY does well. I have my doubts that he will, but I hope he does. He brought the National Championship to the state of Texas, so I'll always like him as a college player. I am really tired of all the VY hyperbole in this town though (Houston). Not one of the 32 tems had VY rated as the #1 player on their draft board. Not one NFL team would have taken VY #1 overall. Yet these blind VY loyalists here in town keep harping on how the Texans didn't take VY. It's old, really.

PS - if you live in Houston and vowed to give up your season tix if the Texans passed on VY/Bush, I'm expecting you to live up to your promise. I'm trying to upgrade to field level this off-season :wall:

I also hate him.

How much do I hate him ???

Every time he throws an interception, I'm going to shout, "HA - HA !!! I knew it. I knew it all along."

When he makes a first down on 3rd by scrambling, I'll announce, "Let's see how long he lasts in this league with those kinda stunts, Mr. Hot Shot."

The first time his offensive coordinator is fired as scapegoat for "not using a weapon like that correctly" I'll simply shake my head: "Couldn't see that one coming, could ya?"

And if he makes it to the Super Bowl, I will root for whoever his team faces. And should he actually win the big game and be cascaded with confetti and hoist the trophy high above his head - then, and only then, will I say, "Yeah, he's OK, I guess."

Vince Young once showed up at my door and I was like, "What do you want Vince Young."

and he's like "three-fifty"

I really have no opinion on him yet except that the texans were smart not to be swayed into taking him.

The tone and approach of this post ruins the good that could of came from this story, as far as me reading it goes. For all the goodness you preach, perhaps you might practice the same ideals.

Good luck to you and good luck to VY. I will draft him if he represents quality at given pick. I can tell you because of him and Voleck and White, I will be very interested In Bennet.

I feel sorry for Vince because he I think he is extremely talented but the Titan's are f'n up by treating McNair like cr@p. Steve is exacty what Vince needs to develop for the next two years....

I feel sorry for Vince because he I think he is extremely talented but the Titan's are f'n up by treating McNair like cr@p. Steve is exacty what Vince needs to develop for the next two years....

Yeah, Vince needs to make the tenessee Oilers pay.

1. For leaving Houston

2. Bud Adams is a jackass

3. Treating his mentor Steve McNair like ######.

Make em' pay Vince. Make em' pay. Holdout, whatever. Screw them. :cheers:

vince game me a kidney once. God bless him.

:cheers:

He still has a long way to go to match the exploits of Lord Mighty Samkon Gado. But it's a good start.

Seriously though, wouldn't it be cool if all these alleged once in a lifetime players in this draft lived up to expectations? That would be great for the league. I've said it before and I'll say it again, as someone who has watched Vince Young very closely I am a true believer. All doubters will be forced to repent, and that right soon.

He is a strong character guy because he gives 5% of his money to MOM and to the church.

That means nothing at all. It just means you love your MOM and you need tax deduction ( by giving to church ) that is all it means.

Vince Young once showed up at my door and I was like, "What do you want Vince Young."

and he's like "three-fifty"

:thumbsup:

Yeah, Vince needs to make the tenessee Oilers pay.

1. For leaving Houston

2. Bud Adams is a jackass

3. Treating his mentor Steve McNair like ######.

Make em' pay Vince. Make em' pay. Holdout, whatever. Screw them. :huh:

That wasn't my point. I think it would have been great for Vince to have McNair around to help him learn things like staying in the pocket, reading defenses, etc.

I am not talking about getting even with the organization :thumbsup:

I'll say the same thing about Vince Young that I said when Michael Vick began his career.

Here it goes:

Vince Young will never win a Super Bowl.

I am not talking about getting even with the organization :doublethumbsup:

That's what I am talking about. It's not Vince's style, but I hope he does, I would feel for Tenessee people, because I haven't met someone from there I haven't liked. But McNair has been his mentor for some time. If the reports are true of how Steve was treated, I would think it would have impact on Vince getting paid knowing the history of how the franchise treats its employees and fans. Make em pay.

1) You are idiots. :doublethumbsup:

2) You might can bash his play and his future in the NFL (for the life of me I still can't figure out why), but you can't bash his character. This isn't the first time he's done something like this. He's done something like this on several occasions. You gotta give him some props for his caring about the sick children.

Young Gives Draft Day Jersey to Houston Child with Hodgkin's

But did he give the real draft day jersey?

The jersey he gave the young boy had the #1 on it. If you think back to the draft Tenessee brought out a jersey with the #10 on it.

But in all he's still a good guy.

Ok so he has a good heart and is a nice guy. But since when did that make you and effective NFL quarterback :thumbsdown:

............He also had one of the lowest IQ tests :thumbsdown:

So you know the IQ test is crap!!! And if you think it isn''t, Dan Marino scored less than Young!!!