Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Syringes

Geek History Quiz - May 17

Geek History Quiz - May 17  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know what MUA is and who coined it?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I know the term, but don't know who coined it

I know it's meaning, but I'm not sure what the "a" stands for.

I know it's meaning, but I'm not sure what the "a" stands for.

Avocado.

The Silverbacks will correct me if I'm wrong, but sometime around 2001-02, I believe it was Independent George who coined the phrase Make Up Anul.

I don't remember the details of his rather hilarious story, but I do know it has something to do with having a big fight with your SO, and then after the apologies are made, you engage in MUA.

The term was tossed around quite frequently for awhile there and has since all but disappeared.

:banana:

The Silverbacks will correct me if I'm wrong, but sometime around 2001-02, I believe it was Independent George who coined the phrase Make Up Anul.

I don't remember the details of his rather hilarious story, but I do know it has something to do with having a big fight with your SO, and then after the apologies are made, you engage in MUA.

The term was tossed around quite frequently for awhile there and has since all but disappeared.

:banana:

Ahhhhhh, anal. I knew the term referred to make up sex. I didn't realize it was specific as to what kind of sex.

Good to know. Good to know.

:mad:

:wub:

Wasn't the thread one of the curlies asking for a good gift to give to her hubby to apologize for picking a big fight with him? Brown Eyed Girl maybe?

Wasn't the thread one of the curlies asking for a good gift to give to her hubby to apologize for picking a big fight with him? Brown Eyed Girl maybe?

MUA was coined 2 years before the first curly ever ventured over here.

MUA was coined 2 years before the first curly ever ventured over here.

:lol:

It was one of the female geeks, but before the Curly invasion.

Obviously the first answer was make up sex (and most of the next 20 agreeing), then IG came along with make up anal.

MUA was born. :blink:

myself and whatever use this term all the time around the girls. We told them once but they forgot, now we talk about it all the time and it drives them nuts cause they dont know

:thumbsup:

It was one of the female geeks, but before the Curly invasion.

Was it SkinsChick?

BEG isn't a curly.

Was it SkinsChick?

Might have been. She's been around long enough, and was the predominant female geek before the curlies, but I think it was someone else.

<_<

You are correct my good man. That was me and my infamous drinking days. I posted a fight I had with hubby and was asking for suggestions on how to make up, well the rest is history as they say and MUA was founded. :rolleyes:

ETA: I can't remember if this was before mr sawilson and I got married so it could have been under my original username "sakautz", but again, I can't be sure on that one. All I know is that I was in fact the geekette whom this was suggested to originally.

You are correct my good man. That was me and my infamous drinking days. I posted a fight I had with hubby and was asking for suggestions on how to make up, well the rest is history as they say and MUA was founded. :thumbsup:

ETA: I can't remember if this was before mr sawilson and I got married so it could have been under my original username "sakautz", but again, I can't be sure on that one. All I know is that I was in fact the geekette whom this was suggested to originally.

Oh, geez, I'd totally forgotten that you were sakautz.

How the hell did you wind up here anyway? Do you even play fantasy football?

:argue:

there is an ancient proverbial saying, that I believe goes like this:

:thumbsup: who cares :argue: who cares ;)

Oh, geez, I'd totally forgotten that you were sakautz.

How the hell did you wind up here anyway? Do you even play fantasy football?

:D

Yup, sakautz before I was married.

And yes, I play fantasy football which is the reason I found this site. And am pretty good at it too if I must say. Well, now more so than when I first started. But I was doing a search for player stats and what not back then and up came fftoday and I have never been the same since..... LOL :lol:

All I know is that I was in fact the geekette whom this was suggested to originally.

:(

:doublethumbsup: Congrats - What are you doing later? :first:

coined the phrase Make Up Anal................edit..............

The term was tossed around .......edit.............

hehehehe you said anal and tossed around in the same sentence :banana: