Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

At Day-Care: a nice story of homo families at play

I wasn't married in a temple, but I was married by a rabbi. He said prayers. We signed a kituba( sp?)

That, IMO, makes it a marriage, as opposed to a civil union.

Now...feel free to tell me how my personal opinions and beliefs are wrong. :mellow:

You should watch out....after the gays this bunch will go after the Jews......How long until your unnatural?

Watch out for those who want the perfect society

That's pretty much how I see it. I know it's not exactly how it is....just how I think it should be.

I'd be on board with that, but we both know that the Christianist knuckle-draggers who get fired up about this issue don't care about the civil union vs. marriage designation and they just want to discriminate against gay people.

or you're just a hopeless attention ###### who is so maniacally drawn to me that you can't avoid answering questions that are not even directed to you. One of the two.

Or I like making you look stupid, which I do with regularity, like my poop :mellow:

You should watch out....after the gays this bunch will go after the Jews......How long until your unnatural?

Watch out for those who want the perfect society

Wanting gay activists out of the school curriculum business does not equal wanting to rid of society of groups of people.

HTH :mellow:

I'd be on board with that, but we both know that the Christianist knuckle-draggers who get fired up about this issue don't care about the civil union vs. marriage designation and they just want to discriminate against gay people.

Prejudicial to the core of that word. No, you don't "know" that. You always assume that. That's the problem. You are prejudicial with regards to this topic.

I assume that when it says "council-run daycare centers" and "A federal government minister responsible for family and community services, Mal Brough, also criticized use of the books by a taxpayer-funded facility", I assuming that this is a public facility. If you have any knowledge that this is a provate facility, please correct me.

Also, if this were a private school, then it wouldn't be a story.

And I know what is coming next from you. Pulling your kids from public school or public daycare to move them to a private institution is not a viable option for those that disagree with the curriculum. Everyone should have a right to use government provided services without having to be taught lessons about what is socially acceptable and what is not.

I didn't say it wasn't a public facility, I said it wasn't a PUBLIC SCHOOL. And it's not. It's not open to anyone; there is a priority ranking. If you are a dual parent household of healthy kids with adequate means, you likely won't get in. There's a long list of special needs types ahead of you.

School is mandatory in most places, and where you go is most often determined by where you live. Daycare is neither.

Wanting gay activists out of the school curriculum business does not equal wanting to rid of society of groups of people.

im pretty sure Ive read that something along these lines happened somewhere else in the 30's but hell the funny thing about history is that it never repeats itself.

However all of that being said gay ed doesnt belong in any early learning curriculum.

FW...the topic had strayed way off anyway :P

That's pretty much how I see it. I know it's not exactly how it is....just how I think it should be.

If everyone would keep it that way, we wouldn't be reading a story about how certain special interest groups are using children and their schools as the new battleground for their own agenda.

A county government is a special interest group, now?

Prejudicial to the core of that word. No, you don't "know" that. You always assume that. That's the problem. You are prejudicial with regards to this topic.

Based on their other pet causes - like protesting at the funerals of dead gay soldiers and lobbying against forms of contraception - I'm skeptical of the American Taliban's motives.

how can you deny them the right based on your religious beliefs? That's....that's.....unamerican!

Ah....but it's not so much my religious beliefs that are behind my viewpoint.

The fact of the matter is that I am NOT very religious. Frankly, I could have given a rat's ass about the rabbi, the prayers and all that crap.

What motivates my opinion on this is my desire to maintain the separation of church and state. I think that people should have civil unions, which the state recognizes and that certain rights are given as a results of these civil unions. I also think that people should be able to have a religious marriage ceremony if they want one, but I also think that a religious authority should not be forced to give a marriage to people that do not fit their definition of marriage.

Of course, that plays into the argument that unde rthe separation of church and state that it shouldn't be a problem to have a book like this taught in a public school. To which I counter my original argument about this subject...namely that it is not approrpiate material for such young children.

So answer me again, since you failed to the first time, why it matters whether the kids are taught about gays or not at that age? Quite honestly, if play is best, why are they reading books? Shouldn't they be playing? BTW, you should have played more when you were younger...

Again, I'm not the one claiming it does matter. That would be you. And being read to IS play.

The fact of the matter is that I am NOT very religious. Frankly, I could have given a rat's ass about the rabbi, the prayers and all that crap.

What motivates my opinion on this is my desire to maintain the separation of church and state. I think that people should have civil unions, which the state recognizes and that certain rights are given as a results of these civil unions. I also think that people should be able to have a religious marriage ceremony if they want one, but I also think that a religious authority should not be forced to give a marriage to people that do not fit their definition of marriage.

Of course, that plays into the argument that unde rthe separation of church and state that it shouldn't be a problem to have a book like this taught in a public school. To which I counter my original argument about this subject...namely that it is not approrpiate material for such young children.

:mellow:

It's true in Oregon. Measure 36 passed with explicit promises that it had nothing to do with civil unions. Now that the state is seriously discussing those civil unions, the very same people are claiming it would be a rebuke to the will of the people expressed in M36. It's anti-gay legislation explicitly designed to discriminate, plain and simple.

I also think that people should be able to have a religious marriage ceremony if they want one, but I also think that a religious authority should not be forced to give a marriage to people that do not fit their definition of marriage.

When and where has this been a problem?

sniffs bait...swims away

you oughta. If you can find any documentation of a "special interest group" forcing this into the daycare's program, let me know.

civil unions = rights

marriage = religion

Get the mail clerk to explain it to you when you are brewing this afternoon's pot of coffee.

why not just call them faggiage

If you can find any documentation of a "special interest group" forcing this into the daycare's program, let me know.

It's all gonna depend on your definition of special interest group, but clearly it's being forced into the program:

"

Marrickville Mayor Sam Byrne boasted that the centre had "successfully adopted several strategies to encompass lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and inter-sex issues". He admitted to The Saturday Daily Telegraph that the purpose of the curriculum was to alter the children's "perception of what is 'normal' gender and sexual identity". "

When and where has this been a problem?

Only you could take someone's opinion as to how they think things should be and then try to turn it into something that can/cannot be proven with a link. :blink:

Then again, if someone who breaks the law isn't a criminal... :ninja:

It's all gonna depend on your definition of special interest group, but clearly it's being forced into the program:

"

Marrickville Mayor Sam Byrne boasted that the centre had "successfully adopted several strategies to encompass lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and inter-sex issues". He admitted to The Saturday Daily Telegraph that the purpose of the curriculum was to alter the children's "perception of what is 'normal' gender and sexual identity". "

clearly being forced? Says who?

But, when the gay pride stuff is included it ceases being a story about whatever and becomes an attempt to influence towards the activist agenda.

Which is what?

"

C'mon Strike... :ninja: ...you just know these guys woke up one morning, out of the blue, and decided that this would be the year to teach these preschoolers about gay marriage...oh...that and how to tie a shoelace.

Next semester these little tykes are going to get a lesson in nuclear non-proliferation and how to stack a pile of blocks.

Only you could take someone's opinion as to how they think things should be and then try to turn it into something that can/cannot be proven with a link. :blink:

Then again, if someone who breaks the law isn't a criminal... :ninja:

this is twice you've mentioned this concern. Why would it concern you at all, if there was no evidence it was happening, and no evidence it might happen? Do you walk around worrying that tomorrow you'll wake up as a tree frog?

clearly being forced? Says who?

By either the Mayor, the city council, or the directors of the center itself. Someone with power decides what is in the program - therefore there's force being applied.

this is twice you've mentioned this concern. Why would it concern you at all, if there was no evidence it was happening, and no evidence it might happen? Do you walk around worrying that tomorrow you'll wake up as a tree frog?

Yeah...no need to thoroughly discuss an issue and try to proactively identify and resolve some concerns that may come as a result of the action one decides to take on said issue, right? :ninja:

By either the Mayor, the city council, or the directors of the center itself. Someone with power decides what is in the program - therefore there's force being applied.

or acceptance :ninja:

This is what you're all afraid of.

your 5 year old son comes home from school one day. In the middle of dinner he says "mom, dad, I think I'm gay"

Yeah...no need to thoroughly discuss an issue and try to proactively identify and resolve some concerns that may come as a result of the action one decides to take on said issue, right? :ninja:

OK, then can you address my worry that same sex marriage will cause red to become black, and that we'll all begin speaking Swahili?

This is what you're all afraid of.

your 5 year old son comes home from school one day. In the middle of dinner he says "mom, dad, I think I'm Edjr"

deathly afraid

or acceptance :ninja:

You can't honestly believe that. If it was believed to be so acceptable they'd have no problem telling the parents. Why is it every time a story like this comes out, like the one in Boston (I think) a month or so ago, the parents find out and b!tch. You don't ever hear one of these stories where the parents find out and it's ok. It DOESN'T happen. People don't want schools teaching their kids topics such as this, and schools should respect parents wishes. It's a pity so many people think they know what's right for other people's kids and have no qualms about stepping all over the rights of other people to raise their children as they see fit. A true shame.

OK, then can you address my worry that same sex marriage will cause red to become black, and that we'll all begin speaking Swahili?

Well...as long as your being rational and staying on the subject... :ninja:

alsonotreally

I mean, is it really so inconceivable...in our litigious, confrontational society...to imagine that if a law was passed granting gay marriage that someone would sue the Church (or another intolerant religious group) under the guise of their rights being violated?

ETA: Hence why I prefer to differentiate between civil unions and religiously sponsored/approved marriage.

Lots of hate coming from the right these days... then again that's nothing new

Evolution should be taught as a theory in biology class about animal adaptation. Not fact about creation of the universe.

No prayer. None. I don't care who you are.

:thumbsup:

You can't honestly believe that. If it was believed to be so acceptable they'd have no problem telling the parents. Why is it every time a story like this comes out, like the one in Boston (I think) a month or so ago, the parents find out and b!tch. You don't ever hear one of these stories where the parents find out and it's ok. It DOESN'T happen. People don't want schools teaching their kids topics such as this, and schools should respect parents wishes. It's a pity so many people think they know what's right for other people's kids and have no qualms about stepping all over the rights of other people to raise their children as they see fit. A true shame.

the presence of a few parents does not stand in for "the parents." Angry homophobes do not the full spectrum of parental opinion represent.

Well...as long as your being rational and staying on the subject... :thumbsup:

alsonotreally

I mean, is it really so inconceivable...in our litigious, confrontational society...to imagine that if a law was passed granting gay marriage that someone would sue the Church (or another intolerant religious group) under the guise of their rights being violated?

ETA: Hence why I prefer to differentiate between civil unions and religiously sponsored/approved marriage.

who cares if they sue? People sue for stupid reasons, with no hope of succeeding, all the time. Why worry about what people for sue for, if there's zero chance they would win?

Evolution should be taught as a theory in biology class about animal adaptation. Not fact about creation of the universe.

No prayer. None. I don't care who you are.

Agreed on the first.

Disagreed on the 2nd. You must allow people to pray on their own time...that is as much of the constitution as keeping the school from sponsoring it is. You cannot prevent the free exercise thereof.

Now...as I said...during "their own time"...breaks between classes...lunch...and so on.

But no prayer to start class and such...that I agree.

Agreed on the first.

Disagreed on the 2nd. You must allow people to pray on their own time...that is as much of the constitution as keeping the school from sponsoring it is. You cannot prevent the free exercise thereof.

Now...as I said...during "their own time"...breaks between classes...lunch...and so on.

Thats fine by me as well....but nothing sponsored by the school

who cares if they sue? People sue for stupid reasons, with no hope of succeeding, all the time. Why worry about what people for sue for, if there's zero chance they would win?

Yeah? And what if the case goes before the 9th Circuit? Those whackjobs just gave the :first: to reciting Islamic prayers in CA schools. So don't talk about "zero chance" of them winning.

Agreed on the first.

Clarification: I agree. But what you just said is the equivalent of saying "We must control what everyone does at all times". That's impossible. If they want to pray, let it rip. As long as it does not disrupt the normal flow of school and they are not given any special privaleges based on religion and we must not provide any location or anything special for any one group. No one is special, damn it. Now eat your :first: focking sloppy joes. ;)