Sign in to follow this  
[zombie]

notes about boston

1. it's pretty much the coolest town ever.

2. got hooked up with the presidential suite...way too much room for two people over two days. never been in a room like that before, and sure as hell won't ever enjoy it again.

3. i've never walked so much in my life...even more than my last trip. ouch.

4. there was an anime convention this weekend, you should see some of these nerds. they freakin' dress up like cartoons. and they range in age from 8ish to 55ish. focked up.

5. i did not see edjr.

6. newbury comics is the kickass.

7. i'm moving there as soon as i can figure out how to get a job with minimal commute.

Boston is only super-cool in Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring.

5. i did not see edjr.

You should have peaked around the glory hole after you got done sucking me off.

I thought Boston was pretty cool, but damn are the people grumpy and unfriendly. Plus, it's like Fight Hour after the bars close. Everyone chooses an opponent and goes out to find a nice street light to duke it out under. I've never seen so many fights in one night as I did going out in Boston.

:banana:

I will be there for a conference the week of June 12. The conference is at the convention center and I will be staying close by. Any suggestions on what I should do while I am there?

I thought Boston was pretty cool, but damn are the people grumpy and unfriendly. Plus, it's like Fight Hour after the bars close. Everyone chooses an opponent and goes out to find a nice street light to duke it out under. I've never seen so many fights in one night as I did going out in Boston.

You were in the wrong places, then. Those places are where the amateurs and tourists hang out. If you go where the locals hang out, people are friendly and no fights. You just have to ask us and we will tell you the right places to hang (just don't ask edjr).

Bostonians are ignorant white-trash.

Boston smells like urine.

HTH.

You should have peaked around the glory hole after you got done sucking me off.

i wasn't the one sucking you off. you were balls-deep in my gaping ass hole.

damn, i thought i meant something to you.

How did you score the presidential suite?

' date='May 30 2006, 11:09 AM' post='2444412']

i wasn't the one sucking you off. you were balls-deep in my gaping ass hole.

damn, i thought i meant something to you.

This is an example of going over the line (this and the prior quote). I am leaving it for the purpose of an example, but lets keep it a little more clean than this.

girlfriend is in corporate marketing for the hotel company and knows the gm a little.

and evidently, none of the anime dudes wanted it. we booked it about 12 hours in advance for $49/night.

sweet.

This is an example of going over the line (this and the prior quote). I am leaving it for the purpose of an example, but lets keep it a little more clean than this.

duly noted.

I am going to have a difficult time staying clear of this "line" :doublethumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol:

I will be there for a conference the week of June 12. The conference is at the convention center and I will be staying close by. Any suggestions on what I should do while I am there?

Quincy market is a cool place to hang out on a good evening. Shopping, restaurants, coffee.

I am going to have a difficult time staying clear of this "line" :thumbsup: ;) :blink:

You can do it. I've got faith.

I live in Chicago area and not including Chicago my three favorite US cities would have to be:

Boston, San Francisco and New York in no particular order.

Don't go to Legal Seafood.

All the tourists want to go there. It's expensive and not very good.

Don't go to Legal Seafood.

All the tourists want to go there. It's expensive and not very good.

Legal has excellent seafood maybe a little overpriced. The lobster is just about perfect.

Personally, I have always preferred the No Name but a lot that has to do with it being a family tradition. I can remember going with my mom and dad to the no name in the early 70's when the place was a shack. My mom was a clam chowdah connoisseur, and she said the no name had the best clam chower anywhere. The no name is relatively cheap and its no frills decor adds to its atmosphere.

Legal has excellent seafood maybe a little overpriced. The lobster is just about perfect.

Personally, I have always preferred the No Name but a lot that has to do with it being a family tradition. I can remember going with my mom and dad to the no name in the early 70's when the place was a shack. My mom was a clam chowdah connoisseur, and she said the no name had the best clam chower anywhere. The no name is relatively cheap and its no frills decor adds to its atmosphere.

Legal's chowder is thick like wallpaper paste.

That just ain't right.

also: johnny cupcakes does not sell cupcakes. this = lame.

and i had a trainspotting-esque restroom experience at a starbucks.

;)

You were in the wrong places, then. Those places are where the amateurs and tourists hang out. If you go where the locals hang out, people are friendly and no fights. You just have to ask us and we will tell you the right places to hang (just don't ask edjr).

What part of town? I don't think there was a part of Boston in which I didn't drink a beer, didn't see a fight or didn't run into a grumpy person.

Rusty: Excuse me, is the Union Bay Oyster House around here? (It wound up being about 100 yards away.)

Grumpy Boston Person: :mad:

Rusty: Hey, what time is it?

Grumpy Boston Person: :argue:

Rusty: Hey, let me buy you a beer! :first:

Grumpy Boston Person: ;)

Rusty: Hey, you wanna find a nice street light and fight under it?

Grumpy Boston Person: :banana:

What part of town? I don't think there was a part of Boston in which I didn't drink a beer, didn't see a fight or didn't run into a grumpy person.

Rusty: Excuse me, is the Union Bay Oyster House around here? (It wound up being about 100 yards away.)

Grumpy Boston Person: :mad:

Rusty: Hey, let me buy you a beer! :banana:

Grumpy Boston Person: :banana:

You were hanging around Fanueil Hall. Tourists and young kids. :banana:

Best places are in the North End for dinner. Great Italian. :banana:

I live in the 'burbs and we like the new people, especially the ones that talk funny. You have to find the local watering holes and stay away from the Union Oyster House, Purple Shamrock, Cheers, etc.

You were hanging around Fanueil Hall. Tourists and young kids. :banana:

I live in the 'burbs and we like the new people, especially the ones that talk funny. You have to find the local watering holes and stay away from the Union Oyster House, Purple Shamrock, Cheers, etc.

ok, I am staying at the Boston Park Plaza (64 Arlington Street), what bars and restaurants should I do to near there?

ok, I am staying at the Boston Park Plaza (64 Arlington Street), what bars and restaurants should I do to near there?

What types of places are you looking for? Local watering holes (where you can have a drink, but there is not much else) or do you want to see the sites?

ETA: Here are some places to look at.

http://www.pubclub.com/boston/pubclub.htm

Avoid the ones that say "tourists"

What types of places are you looking for? Local watering holes (where you can have a drink, but there is not much else) or do you want to see the sites?

Microsoft is renting out Fenway one night for us. So I will see that one night. I am mainly looking for watering holes and restaurants. I wouldn't mind seeing a few tourist sites that are nearby though.

You were hanging around Fanueil Hall. Tourists and young kids. :thumbsdown:

I never thought to party in the 'burbs, but we were all over downtown. We hit the bars from Fanueil to Fenway.

:first:

' date='May 30 2006, 11:16 AM' post='2444143']

1. it's pretty much the coolest town ever.

6. newbury comics is the kickass.

:thumbsdown:

i bet it would be cool... once you get over the accents.

Boston Accents... :thumbsdown:

Microsoft is renting out Fenway one night for us. So I will see that one night. I am mainly looking for watering holes and restaurants. I wouldn't mind seeing a few tourist sites that are nearby though.

TechEd?

Had my work Christmas party there 2 years ago. :ninja:

The 406 club, which doesn't even exist anymore

yep

Should be a pretty good event. I am not sure about the logistics as I have not been to an event in the new Convention Center. Plenty of good bars near Fenway (Cask 'n Flagon, Jillians, Beer Works, etc.). You are staying near the Theatre District so there are some good restaurants. A lot of the good bars are more towards Copley. Weather should be nice.

I think that I am skipping the event and maybe even the Partner Conference this year. I was pissed that they had the events here in Boston as that is one of my trips where I get out of town for a few days :ninja:

I can go to Boston any time.

Should be a pretty good event. I am not sure about the logistics as I have not been to an event in the new Convention Center. Plenty of good bars near Fenway (Cask 'n Flagon, Jillians, Beer Works, etc.). You are staying near the Theatre District so there are some good restaurants. A lot of the good bars are more towards Copley. Weather should be nice.

I think that I am skipping the event and maybe even the Partner Conference this year. I was pissed that they had the events here in Boston as that is one of my trips where I get out of town for a few days :first:

I can go to Boston any time.

This is only my second Tech Ed. I went to the one in Dallas in 2003. It was pretty good. There are alot of geeks there but I still had a good time last time. The group that went from my office last time was pretty fun. The group this year isn't as good. I will probably venture off on my own some more this year.

I was pissed to find out the Fall Dev Connections is being held in Vegas. I would have signed up for that one if I would have known. I can only go to one conference a year.