Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Pujols connected to Grimsley?

http://deadspin.com/

So ... We've Got Some Affidavit Names

Everyone’s guessing about who the blacked-out names in the Jason Grimsley report are, and it has been a fun parlor game so far. But we all knew eventually the names would get out. And we’ve been digging around … and some sources have given us some names.

------------------------

Grimsley says that a former employee of [redacted] and personal fitness trainer to several Major League Baseball players once referred him to an amphetamine source. Later, this source — not the trainer — provided him with “amphetamines, anabolic steroids and human growth hormone.” This trainer? His name is Chris Mihlfeld, a Kansas City-based “strength and conditioning guru.”

Does Mihlfeld’s name sound familiar? If it doesn’t, he — and we assure you, this gives us no pleasure to write this — has been Albert Pujols’ personal trainer since before Pujols was drafted by the Cardinals in the 13th round of the 1999 draft.

:headbanger:

How can that be? We all know that he's white as snow. Contrary to Bonds, HIS homers are pure talent. :headbanger:

How can that be? We all know that he's white as snow. Contrary to Bonds, HIS homers are pure talent. :mad:

:mad:

Only a matter of time before Cardinals fans are living in denial about their "clean" hero.

Then we can watch the hypocrisy floweth

If he were as big a d!ckhead as Bonds he could expect the same wrath, but since he isnt(yet), he will prolly come away clean...

:mad:

Only a matter of time before Cardinals fans are living in denial about their "clean" hero.

Then we can watch the hypocrisy floweth

I think you'd see a lot of disappointed fans (me included), but you won't see any hypocrisy on my end. If he's taking roids, he's as big of a fraud as Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, ect.

i always assumed he's on something. anytime someone is on pace for 80 homers i just go ahead and assume they're on something.

I think you'd see a lot of disappointed fans (me included), but you won't see any hypocrisy on my end. If he's taking roids, he's as big of a fraud as Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, ect.

When will you realize, baseball and the NFL is full of frauds, probably upwards of 50% of it's athletes.

There is a difference.

I want Pujols to drop dead.

I want Barry Bonds to get cancer in his balls, and then drop dead.

When will you realize, baseball and the NFL is full of frauds, probably upwards of 50% of it's athletes.

...and, as I find out about each one, they will all be frauds in my mind.

...and, as I find out about each one, they will all be frauds in my mind.

So you need unequivocal proof a player did steroids, in order for them to be a fraud in your mind?

is there any other source reporting this? i can't find it anywhere else.

is there any other source reporting this? i can't find it anywhere else.

it's being discussed on the very radio station I listen to every morning. They are discussing that one source you mentioned, as well as interviewing other people, one being the author of juiced.

it's being discussed on the very radio station I listen to every morning. They are discussing that one source you mentioned, as well as interviewing other people, one being the author of juiced.

Is this the same station that you claim to never listen to?

So you need unequivocal proof a player did steroids, in order for them to be a fraud in your mind?

Well, basically what I think happened is......the Cansecos, McGuires, Sosas, and that third baseman who died,started doing them. Then the other power hitters ego's started bugging them so they started doing them. Then the average players started, which made their power numbers jump (Brady Anderson, anyone?). Pitchers had to compete, so they were taking them. Now, the .220 hitters needed to take them to stay competetive. The minor leaguer knew he wasn't going to the big show if he didn't start.

It may be true that 75% of baseball was juicing in the nineties. I think they should label those "the steroid years" and note it on all of their stats. If anyone holds a record from that era, it should not be recognized by MLB.

Is this the same station that you claim to never listen to?

WHAT???????????

I have listened to it for the last 6 years.. Some times more than others, I can't stand some of the people, but I listen to it religously.

Well, basically what I think happened is......the Cansecos, McGuires, Sosas, and that third baseman who died,started doing them. Then the other power hitters ego's started bugging them so they started doing them. Then the average players started, which made their power numbers jump (Brady Anderson, anyone?). Pitchers had to compete, so they were taking them. Now, the .220 hitters needed to take them to stay competetive. The minor leaguer knew he wasn't going to the big show if he didn't start.

It may be true that 75% of baseball was juicing in the nineties. I think they should label those "the steroid years" and note it on all of their stats. If anyone holds a record from that era, it should not be recognized by MLB.

I think you are spot on.. You have to admit though. you HATE barry bonds.. if pujols ends up being found to be a steroid user, you won't give him even 99% of the grief you give bonds.

WHAT???????????

I have listened to it for the last 6 years.. Some times more than others, I can't stand some of the people, but I listen to it religously.

I think you are spot on.. You have to admit though. you HATE barry bonds.. if pujols ends up being found to be a steroid user, you won't give him even 99% of the grief you give bonds.

I'll give him an equal amount of grief for cheating. He'll avade my ass-whole criticisms.

WHAT???????????

Because Bonds is an unrepentant jerk. If he showed any remorse at all instead of living in constant denial, people would ease off him a bit.

i always assumed he's on something. anytime someone is on pace for 80 homers i just go ahead and assume they're on something.

This is what's sad about sports today, especially baseball. We're almost forced to presume guilt. If a player suddenly drops off in production from one year to the next, I assume they're off the roids. If they increase from one year to the next, I assume they've started taking roids. There's no way to know if what you're seeing is real anymore. :first:

Because Bonds is an unrepentant jerk. If he showed any remorse at all instead of living in constant denial, people would ease off him a bit.

No they would not!!! Show remorse for what??????/ you expect him to openly admit to taking steroids? Give me a focking break. If he shows remorse, that mean he's admitting he took them.

If he were as big a d!ckhead as Bonds he could expect the same wrath, but since he isnt(yet), he will prolly come away clean...

Dude, do you watch that guy pose after every home run? He spends at least 2-3 seconds standing there arms extended, posing, watching the ball. Surprised he doesnt get more pitches to the earhole. According to quite a few sources, he is as much of an azz to the media as Bonds is.

That being said, I have always thought he was an incredible hitter and this would be dissapointing if rumors are true.

http://deadspin.com/

So ... We've Got Some Affidavit Names

Everyone’s guessing about who the blacked-out names in the Jason Grimsley report are, and it has been a fun parlor game so far. But we all knew eventually the names would get out. And we’ve been digging around … and some sources have given us some names.

------------------------

Grimsley says that a former employee of [redacted] and personal fitness trainer to several Major League Baseball players once referred him to an amphetamine source. Later, this source — not the trainer — provided him with “amphetamines, anabolic steroids and human growth hormone.” This trainer? His name is Chris Mihlfeld, a Kansas City-based “strength and conditioning guru.”

Does Mihlfeld’s name sound familiar? If it doesn’t, he — and we assure you, this gives us no pleasure to write this — has been Albert Pujols’ personal trainer since before Pujols was drafted by the Cardinals in the 13th round of the 1999 draft.

;)

loved this article too...

Pujols could have been in a Kansas City uniform

How could so many teams have been so wrong in failing to see the potential of a player who may ultimately prove to be one of the best to ever lace up the spikes?

"He was really kind of a pear-shaped kid, heavy from the waist down, and that scared some scouts off," Meyer remembered. "And, like with a lot of Latin players, there were always the inevitable questions about his age."

:o

Consequently, a frustrated Albert Pujols -- after spending a year at Kansas City's Maple Woods Community College, where he met strength and conditioning guru Chris Mihlfeld and started the process of building an Adonis-like upper body-- waited 13 rounds before getting the call from the Cardinals.

"He was devastated," Meyer remembered. "He kept saying, 'I know I'm better than that.'

He was, of course. But he would have to prove it first.

http://www.810whb.com/scripts/archives/get...string=noSearch

No they would not!!! Show remorse for what??????/ you expect him to openly admit to taking steroids? Give me a focking break. If he shows remorse, that mean he's admitting he took them.

Fine, then stop being such an assh0le to everyone. People love to hate this guy because of it. He's an ass, and he's always been that way.

This is what's sad about sports today, especially baseball.

Why especially baseball? I think it's just as sad that the steroidlympics are producing records that should all get an asterisk.

They had an anonymous survey of Olympic athletes a while back asking them:

If you could get an undetectable drug that would guarantee you a gold medal but would 100% kill you 10 years after, would you take it?

There were a huge number of respondents who actually said yes.

Wonder how he beat the three drug tests he's already had so far this season.

I'm assuming the same way all the others are beating the drug tests. :unsure:

If he's taking growth hormone, I don't think they have good tests for that yet.

I have been a Cardinals fan my entire life. I can give you detailed accounts of the playing careers of Tito Landrum and Jim Lindemen... so I am not trying to bust your b@lls on this. But I believe that this can be true.

You ask "how he beat three drug tests". The answer is simple..MLB does not test for HGH..

I watched Scott Rolen grow up. I attended most of his high school baseball and basketball games. I have always thought Rolen might be on something as well. Rolen was a tall kid in High School but was not nearly as large and strong as he is now...

I hope it is not true but it seems awfully coincidental that Pujols will now be missing extended time.....Could the Grimsley report have something to do with this?

If he's taking growth hormone, I don't think they have good tests for that yet.

There is no approved blood test which can pick up HGH used in baseball.

Of course, player's union would not agree to it as part of the last testing negotiations. :unsure:

Why especially baseball? I think it's just as sad that the steroidlympics are producing records that should all get an asterisk.

They had an anonymous survey of Olympic athletes a while back asking them:

If you could get an undetectable drug that would guarantee you a gold medal but would 100% kill you 10 years after, would you take it?

There were a huge number of respondents who actually said yes.

I agree. I forgot who said it, but when asked how we know who's taking steriods in the olympics, he responded "they're the ones on the podium."

:unsure:

They don't test blood and that is the ONLY way to test for HGH. HTH

:pointstosky:

Blind faith at it's best. :unsure:

i just dug this up....

Last October 20, one day after the Cardinals were eliminated from the NLCS, Pujols was on the phone with Chris Mihlfeld, a Kansas City trainer who works with Pujols in the offseason. "Chris," he said, "we need to work on my situational hitting." Situational hitting? Pujols had just finished a season in which he hit .329 with runners in scoring position.

"But that's Albert," Mihlfeld says. "He is always going to find a reason to be unhappy with his game because he believes if he does not do that he's going to level off. He doesn't want to level off."

"All that stays with him, absolutely," Mihlfeld says. "Albert is a hard-headed guy. He does not forget. He doesn't hold grudges, but there is no question that motivates him every day."

Pujols shook his head. "You're going to get fat like (Rodriguez)," he warned. "You can't be a ballplayer if you're fat! You've got to eat good things." He laughed and scooped his still-munching son with one arm as he exited.

Pujols would know. Though steroids suspicions and controversies have embroiled some of the game's biggest stars -- including McGwire -- Pujols spends time each offseason teaching hitting clinics at Mihlfeld's facility north of Kansas City in Pleasant Valley, Mo., and preaching the value of nutrition over chemicals. He is cautious with his body's intake.

Rather than hire a personal chef, Pujols asks Deidre to cook his meals. She researches on the Internet the best ways to feed her husband. "That's big with Albert," Mihlfeld says. "He wants to make kids understand there is a right way. There is a lot of temptation out there. He wants instruction based on nutrition and strength and conditioning."

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=93313

I guess people will call me a homer, but this is story is nothing on substance. Read the entire bit quoted, not GettnHuge's hand picked excerpt:

Grimsley says that a former employee of [redacted] and personal fitness trainer to several Major League Baseball players once referred him to an amphetamine source. Later, this source — not the trainer — provided him with “amphetamines, anabolic steroids and human growth hormone.” This trainer? His name is Chris Mihlfeld, a Kansas City-based “strength and conditioning guru.” (And former Strength And Conditioning Coordinator for the Royals.)

Does Mihlfeld’s name sound familiar? If it doesn’t, he — and we assure you, this gives us no pleasure to write this — has been Albert Pujols’ personal trainer since before Pujols was drafted by the Cardinals in the 13th round of the 1999 draft. We have no confirmation that Pujols’ name is in the affidavit … but Mihlfeld’s is. If you read the document, it doesn’t say the trainer/Mihlfeld supplied all the HGH and what-not; it just says the trainer was the referrer.

So, what we have is guilt by association. Earlier in the article, the writer makes this claim:

How reliable are these names? We feel pretty confident in them, but we can’t go 100 percent, since the information is secondhand. We’ll say this: If Bud Selig issuing a press release naming the names is a 10, and picking a player at random out of the Baseball Encyclopedia is a 1, we’re at an 8.

80% reliability factor admitted by the writer. Can you say cheesy source?

AND HERE COME THE CARDINAL HOMERS AS SUSPECTED!! :unsure:

Not our Albert, that's not possible. :pointstosky:

Paul, in all honesty. you don't all think the start of Albert's career is the least bit fishy?

This is far from over, this is just the scratching of the surface,

Even beyond the lack of testing for HGH, aren't the designers of steriods always 2 steps ahead of the those developing the tests? I'm sure there are a lot of steriods out there that won't show up positive on a drug test.

Even beyond the lack of testing for HGH, aren't the designers of steriods always 2 steps ahead of the those developing the tests? I'm sure there are a lot of steriods out there that won't show up positive on a drug test.

yes, which is why the only people that have tested positive are mostly those that can't afford to pay for the better technology.