Sign in to follow this  
Snuff

Big Ben hurt

Wife just called and told me she saw it on the news. Anyone have any info on this yet?

I heard he was not wearing a helmet and the bridge is closed where he wrecked. No news of his condition though,

how can clauses against this not be in people's contracts at this point...

hoe can guys be so stupid...

riding a cycle (especially w/o a helmet or proper training, aka KW) is as bad as RW smoking the doobs... :D :wub:

riding a cycle (especially w/o a helmet or proper training, aka KW) is as bad as RW smoking the doobs... :doublethumbsup: :wall:

A lot of contracts do have hazardous activites clauses, but unless a player gets hurt, nobody really cares.

I have to agree that riding without a helmet is a moronic thing to do, but I have no idea if he had proper training. An accident can happen to anyone.

Rumor is that he hit his head on the windshield of a car and then on the ground (without a helmet on) Witnesses say he was responsive. He tried to get up but the car driver told him to stay down

How it's legal to not wear a helmet on a bike, yet you can get pulled over for not wearing a seat belt in a car, is beyond me.

A lot of contracts do have hazardous activites clauses, but unless a player gets hurt, nobody really cares.

I have to agree that riding without a helmet is a moronic thing to do, but I have no idea if he had proper training. An accident can happen to anyone.

i wasn't necessarily referring to his training level, just the stupid things these guys do in general...

I heard on the news that they took him to Pittsburgh's Mercy Hospital. Witnesses say someone pulled out in front of him and he hit him head on with Ben flying over the handlebars and hitting the windshield head first.

He wasn't wearing a helmet. Pray he'll be alright.

I heard on the news that they took him to Pittsburgh's Mercy Hospital. Witnesses say someone pulled out in front of him and he hit him head on with Ben flying over the handlebars and hitting the windshield head first.

He wasn't wearing a helmet. Pray he'll be alright.

:doublethumbsup:

How it's legal to not wear a helmet on a bike, yet you can get pulled over for not wearing a seat belt in a car, is beyond me.

lots of states have repealed the helmet law, PA was just in the last 5 years i believe, and only require you to wear eye protection...

i think one of the major arguments is that you don't have to wear a helmet in a convertible (or in a car), and you have just as much chance of head trauma there...

i think one of the major arguments is that you don't have to wear a helmet in a convertible (or in a car), and you have just as much chance of head trauma there...

Just my opinion but I'm guessing if I'm driving a convertable and I get T-boned by another car my head trauma is going to be much less than the same situation as if I'm riding a motorcycle... damn those special interest groups... (uh oh, might have just called RP, fastfish, et all to this thread :doublethumbsup: )

Reports from the scene seem to indicate that the accident was serious. According to an eyewitness, Roethlisberger went over his handle bars and hit his head on the windshield of a car. He was not wearing a helmet. The eyewitness reports that Roethlisberger tried to get up, but was bleeding from the head. We'll update the situation as further details become available.

Here's hoping he is one hard-headed mofo.

profootball.com's rumor mill says he was alert and talking to paramedics but that "there was blood everywhere" and he was wearing a neck brace. the brace could be a precaution...and sometimes a scalp wound will look more serious than it is because they can bleed like crazy (i know). let's hope.

doesn't matter how safe of a driver you are: it's all about the OTHER idiot drivers if you're on a bike. you're completely at their mercy.

i pray ben will be okay--but he's a stupid focking idiot for not wearing a helmet.

What's the over/under on how long until the other driver starts getting death threats? :rolleyes:

:lol:

prolly not even 2 hrs...

i wonder if it is a bloody fockin mess on that bridge. Send in the cleaner.

:rolleyes:

OMG...i just watched that video on thepittsburghchannel.com....can definitely see a body in a red shirt.

if they leave him out in the sun like that he might bloat.

Show some f-in class

i pray ben will be okay--but he's a stupid focking idiot for not wearing a helmet.

But helmets don't look cool, and It looks like Ben got his riding lessons from Winslow Jr.

here is an article where Ben says we won't wear a helmet, dumbass...

"He talked about being a risk taker and I'm not really a risk taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said as the Steelers opened their minicamp. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

Asked why he doesn't wear a helmet -- something he wouldn't think about doing on a football field -- Roethlisberger pointed out Pennsylvania's 35-year-old state law requiring helmets to be worn was amended two years ago.

"Obviously Pennsylvania doesn't think people need to (wear a helmet)," he said. "There's a law you've got to wear it in football."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/8449812

When asked how I like my Roethlisberger, I always answer, "bloody".

Low.

Hope he's OK. The fact that he was talking to paramedics is great news.

What's the over/under on how long until the other driver starts getting death threats? :rolleyes:

This is Pittsburgh we're talking about. Dude might committ suicide.

i wonder if it is a bloody fockin mess on that bridge. Send in the cleaner.

:rolleyes:

OMG...i just watched that video on thepittsburghchannel.com....can definitely see a body in a red shirt.

if they leave him out in the sun like that he might bloat.

It's sad to think that there are people like you who have no fellings for mankind. Like him or not he is a young man who hopefully has a long life ahead of him and deserves our prayers.

But helmets don't look cool, and It looks like Ben got his riding lessons from Winslow Jr.

man, if i were a SB winning QB, i'd wear my football helmet on my bike w/ my jersey just so all the chicks were certain who i was... :rolleyes:

Check out those "Previous Stories" on the link from above. I guess his bike has been an issue for a while.

Sheeesh.

What's the over/under on how long until the other driver starts getting death threats?

Can you imagine having to live life with this on your conciense (sp)? Ughh.

man, if i were a SB winning QB, i'd wear my football helmet on my bike w/ my jersey just so all the chicks were certain who i was... :rolleyes:

Hot chicks have no clue about sports, and anybody can trick them into thinking they are a professional football QB with the right clothes, car, and fake jewelry. The fat girls however are football savy, and will not fall for this trick. What is it about fat chicks and football?

riding a cycle (especially w/o a helmet or proper training, aka KW) is as bad as RW smoking the doobs... :rolleyes: :lol:

smoking doobs is way better, and safer, than riding a bike without a helmet...

espn dude out of pitt said when asked by paramedics where he was, he didn't know what city he was in. it's looking like a facial injury which is what was reported. he actually hit the windshield face first..

Can you imagine having to live life with this on your conciense (sp)? Ughh.

and CHI thought Steve Bartman was bad...

Downgrade Hines Ward substantially if this no helmet wearing moron can't suit up this year.

i hope the cat that splattered him puts that windshield for sale on ebay.....how cool would that be to hang it in your game room.

Thats enough.

:Reported:

John Clayton reporting the injuries are not life threatening, according to the Jim Rome Show.

If they were they would miss him wide right.

I can't imagine any of your previous 470+ posts were any different than these recent ones. How did you last so long here?

Thats enough.

:Reported:

c'mon, in this day and age of sports memoribilia you KNOW someone would pay a mint for that... he!!, how much money did GoldenPalace pay for that stupid grilled cheese Virgin Mary??

Get better Ben

Guy who hit Ben with car, better move out of town.

It's not very smart to ride a motorcycle..if you are professional athlete.

Not very smart to go helmet-less

not very smart to ride a bike during the morning commute.

Steelers fan, this really sucks

A torn ACL would be sweet as I have the 1st Rd. pick of the guy who has Hines Ward and the retired trio of Jerome Bettis, Jimmy Smith and Steven Davis.

C'mon, torn ACL. :doublethumbsup: