Sign in to follow this  
Mark Buffington

Homeland Security thwarts another attack

I'm surprised the liberal media picked up this story.

Report: FBI Used Web to Break Up NYC Terror Plot

FOX News - 52 minutes ago

FBI agents, monitoring Internet chat rooms used by foreign extremists, disrupted a terrorist plot to attack New York City's tunnels, law enforcement officials said Friday. The plot was intended to some of ...

News Roundup Monsters and Critics.com

Holland Tunnel Bomb Plot Uncovered KLTV

ABC News - SooToday.com - ThreatsWatch.Org - Boston Globe - all 257 related »

But an Army Corps of Engineers official told the newspaper the concept was badly flawed. The Holland Tunnel is not in the Hudson River, but in the bedrock beneath it. And the lowest part of downtown Manhattan is 10 feet above sea level.

:D

idiots

Since this question of mine went unanswered the last time something similar to this happened, I'll ask it again: So is it a good thing for Homeland Security to slash funding by 40% to New York City and DC? If this is true, I don't think so.

MDC gets owned again. :first:

Even as Red, White, and Blue, he's still a focking idiot.

"N.Y. Plot Is Uncovered in Early Stage" has liberal senators in the headline? :huh:

You should change your name to Short, Angry and Stupid.

"N.Y. Plot Is Uncovered in Early Stage" has liberal senators in the headline? :first:

You should change your name to Short, Angry and Stupid.

They edited, of course. When you originally posted it the headline was:

N.Y. Plot Is Uncovered in Early Stage, Senator says

And Shumer was quoted in first paragrapgh. I guess they decided to be less obvious as usual.

I'm surprised the liberal media picked up this story.

I think the NY Daily News broke the story.? Aren't they basically a gossip rag?

And Shumer was quoted in first paragrapgh. I guess they decided to be less obvious as usual.

Yeah that's what I saw too.

MDC is a clown, a dust mote, if you will.

I think the NY Daily News broke the story.? Aren't they basically a gossip rag?

No that would be the Post.

Wow, you mean Shumer would care about what's going on in New York?! OMG!

who's the real dumbass here?

Yeah that's what I saw too.

MDC is a clown, a dust mote, if you will.

That explains why you are constantly talking to our about me. :thumbsup:

Fellas, itsatip that Schumer is from NYC, he's one of two senators in New York and they're both liberals.

Wow, you mean Shumer would care about what's going on in New York?! OMG!

who's the real dumbass here?

The point is that the NYT didn't go with the story until it came from Chuckie Cheese.

We're not arguing whether the NYT is a rag or not, are we? :thumbsup:

But an Army Corps of Engineers official told the newspaper the concept was badly flawed. The Holland Tunnel is not in the Hudson River, but in the bedrock beneath it. And the lowest part of downtown Manhattan is 10 feet above sea level.

I hate when we do shiit like this - we do the engineering for the terrorists. We did the same thing when that nutjob was 'planning' on taking out the Brooklyn Bridge. - "experts" were on every news channel talking about what would and wouldn't work and how you'd have to do it..... I'll guarantee you we'll see the same thing on this. "Well, if you had 2,000 lbs of TNT and placed it RIGHT HERE (diagram included)....."

We whine when newspapers "reveal" public knowledge items like bank & phone traffic tracking, but then we turn around and do crap like this. :thumbsup:

Glad they were on top of it, but you can tell they were anxious to find a "success" to talk about besides the Miami 7, who are rapidly turning out to have been a bunch of dorks who posed no threat whatsoever. It's great to be vigilant, but perhaps Gonzo shouldn't crow about capturing every millenarian with a fantasy death wish.

Officials told the Daily News the alleged plot was more serious than the rag-tag plan by seven suspects in Miami to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago and a federal building in Florida.

"This is more advanced than the Miami Seven," said one official quoted in the Daily News.

They're saying now that they got wind of this on an internet chat room...... :banana: 'They' could be watching us right now.... :banana:

And BTW: How stupid ARE Islamic Terrorists that they plan this stuff in a chat room? 
"Achmed - IM me at IMGONNABLOWUPNY@Myspace.com"

:banana:

They're saying now that they got wind of this on an internet chat room...... :banana: 'They' could be watching us right now.... :banana:

And BTW: How stupid ARE Islamic Terrorists that they plan this stuff in a chat room? 
"Achmed - IM me at IMGONNABLOWUPNY@Myspace.com"

:D

:lol: :banana:

but you can tell they were anxious to find a "success" to talk about besides the Miami 7
What else do you see in that crystal ball of yours? SPECULATE much?

:banana: :banana:

What else do you see in that crystal ball of yours? SPECULATE much?

Sure, sometimes. Not about things long since shown otherwise, as I said.

Glad they were on top of it, but you can tell they were anxious to find a "success" to talk about besides the Miami 7, who are rapidly turning out to have been a bunch of dorks who posed no threat whatsoever. It's great to be vigilant, but perhaps Gonzo shouldn't crow about capturing every millenarian with a fantasy death wish.

Actually the FBI just said they are pissed that the NY Daily News reported this story.

I bet anything their privacy was invaded.

bush has stolen all of our freedoms. :D :mad:

How did Homeland Security thwart this attack? It sounds to me like it was the FBI and the Lebanese.

How did Homeland Security thwart this attack? It sounds to me like it was the FBI and the Lebanese.

Homeland Security swapped FEMA and the INS for the Lebanese Security forces and a bureacracy to be named later.

Homeland Security swapped FEMA and the INS for the Lebanese Security forces and a bureacracy to be named later.

Ah crap! I gotta start watching the mange board to keep up with the latest moves! :wacko:

Who cares.

The real news is that it's not itsjjw's b-day today!

Oh, I guess this is not a big deal. Okay.

2 people talked about blowing it up, and all of a sudden its a plan? please

they need to pat themselvs on the back for something when they waste all the taxpayer money they do

iam gonna blow up earth, come and get me, they just saved the planet

Since this question of mine went unanswered the last time something similar to this happened, I'll ask it again: So is it a good thing for Homeland Security to slash funding by 40% to New York City and DC? If this is true, I don't think so.

Of course. Why should 100 square miles in downtown Manhatten be more important than 100 square miles in Death Valley? What if terrorists want to annihilate Coon Fart, Arkansas? Why should we spend so much money protecting the people working in the Sears Tower when targets like the Kato Kaelin Museum are completly unsecure.

Of course. Why should 100 square miles in downtown Manhatten be more important than 100 square miles in Death Valley? What if terrorists want to annihilate Coon Fart, Arkansas? Why should we spend so much money protecting the people working in the Sears Tower when targets like the Kato Kaelin Museum are completly unsecure.

Not only that but how does homeland security funding affect the FBI agents that caught this?

It's great to be vigilant, but perhaps Gonzo shouldn't crow about capturing every millenarian with a fantasy death wish.

lol at Turbin getting depressed when we thwart a terrorist attack here in the U.S.

thanks what i was thinkin..

people cant put their political differences aside and give this an atta boy?..

sure..they will say..this is their job and its true..but its an important one and we get praised at work, so why cant they? oh...because the guy we voted for isnt in office? thats sad...

the same people who :thumbsup: at the possibility that it was 2 people in this plan..are the same who say stop the war..1 loss of life is too many...

2 people wanting to bomb a tunnel can kill plenty..dont act as if 1 is more important than the other..they are both huge..

and they deserve a continued :shocking: for their hard work..

thanks what i was thinkin..

people cant put their political differences aside and give this an atta boy?..

sure..they will say..this is their job and its true..but its an important one and we get praised at work, so why cant they? oh...because the guy we voted for isnt in office? thats sad...

the same people who :clap: at the possibility that it was 2 people in this plan..are the same who say stop the war..1 loss of life is too many...

2 people wanting to bomb a tunnel can kill plenty..dont act as if 1 is more important than the other..they are both huge..

and they deserve a continued :D for their hard work..

Well said :wub: