Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

To all you focking people with Sunday Ticket lined up !

Bullsh!t.

Nice language. Especially from someone with a pseudo-religious signature. I guess grace swears like a sailor.

Anyway, it would be pretty pathetic of me to lie about a DirecTV customer service experience. But for a Doubting Thomas like yourself, I'll include a screen capture of my DirecTV bill. Notice the retention credit for $229 covering the Sunday Ticket as well as recurring 6 and 12 month credits of $10. See link below:

http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1mr2.gif

It doesn't surprise me that you couldn't get the same deal. I bet people aren't falling all over themselves to help a jerk like you.

Has anyone else complained about not getting the premium channels with their subscription? What stipulations do they have about giving the premium channels with a SundayTicket sub?

I just wonder because when I saw the commercial I don't recall them saying anything like, "for first time subcribers only."

Nice language. Especially from someone with a pseudo-religious signature. I guess grace swears like a sailor.

Anyway, it would be pretty pathetic of me to lie about a DirecTV customer service experience. But for a Doubting Thomas like yourself, I'll include a screen capture of my DirecTV bill. Notice the retention credit for $229 covering the Sunday Ticket as well as recurring 6 and 12 month credits of $10. See link below:

It doesn't surprise me that you couldn't get the same deal. I bet people aren't falling all over themselves to help a jerk like you.

HA HA! Amount of anger!

I have been a DirecTV customer for 4 years now and get the ticket, MLB, and NCAA tourney package. I called today and told them the ticket was now too expensive with the superfan package and all. I said I was regretfully switching to comcast. They told me they would wave 2 of the 4 monthly installments of $42.00 and also gave me a $10.00/month credit for 12 months to cover the cost of the superfan, which is normally $99.00. That's a savings of $204.00 (Basically the cost of the ticket for a year). So for you non believers out there, check you facts before ripping in to a guy for tring to help you all out.

Thanks for the great tip!

So for you non believers out there, check you facts before ripping in to a guy for tring to help you all out.

Thanks for the great tip!

You're welcome! I make this call to DTV every summer just as the renewal charges start to show up on my bill. In the past, the best I've gotten was a $50 credit and free Showtime for 6 months. I was admittedly surprised as the deal I got this year ($350 off my bill and 6 months of Showtime) but I wasn't arguing. Best part is my wife can't b!tch about the cost of my football addiction this season. It's free!

The key is to call in and act very unassuming. Don't bring up getting money off your bill, because they'll smell that you're fishing for a deal. I called in and simply pointed out that I was getting my broadband through Comcast and would save a total of $200/year if I switched to them for television services. I made sure to mention many times that I love DTV and didn't want to switch, but my wife insisted that we cancel as the cost savings were too good (this one's called "Good Cop - Bad Cop").

As I said in my previous post, YMMV. These sorts of things are always about who you talk to. If you don't feel like you're getting a good deal from one representative, then call in and talk to a different one. I'd be surprised if I *ever* got this deal again. But at least for this year, I'm psyched! Now bring on the pre-season...

Thanks to you guys I'm going to keep the ticket this year. I called them and told them I would consider getting the ticket again if they would give me a good deal like some of the guys in my fantasy league got (really you guys). I told them about the Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday Night Games that they wouldn't be carrying and the 3 Sunday afternoon games that I get on Fox and CBS and that I get all the Steeler games so if they couldn't give me a good deal that I didn't care one way or another. Well they waved the first $41.40 payment and are going to give me a $10 credit a month for 12 months. That makes my ticket cost of 4 x $41.40 = $165.60 - $120. = $45.60. Thanks Guys :thumbsdown:

Most shrinks would say that lashing out so vehemently against a stranger questioning something you supposedly know to be true is a tell tale sign of a lie. To paraphrase your namesake, 'methinks thou doth protest too much'. But I don't believe most shrinks. In fact, after seeing firsthand your over-the-top indignation and propensity for name calling, I bet you got everything you wanted from DirecTV. I'm surprised they didn't give you a car too. And cash. Maybe a hooker. Anything to get you off the phone.

Though I don't think 'bullsh!t' necessarily qualifies as swearing like a sailor, I do apologize if it offended you. In my defense, I wasn't aware the Amish had internet access.

Finally, my signature reference to 'grace' has no religious implications. I saw the line in a back page essay in 'Time' a couple years ago, where it was referring to an act of kindness or courtesy of a secular nature. I just thought it to be a beautifully turned phrase.

Funny post!

Situation: Kids, 11 and 9. Wife, not a sports fan at all.

Family's responsability: Leave dad alone on Sundays. I get the big tv on Sundays....no cartoons, no "Hannah Montana", no Lifetime....none of that!! If I walk out of the room...don't touch the tv. Sundays are mine....I get two things in life.....TV on Sundays and the big piece of chicken!

My runs her own store....for five years now she schedules herself to work every Sunday....it's great!

As for you Moz: I understand! Life/marriage is about compromize!! I too may have to give up something huge. I was all set to buy a Harley next May....had all the finances lined up. Well, my daughter does a cheer and dance thing and she got moved up to the next level....very, very pricey!!! So, do I get the bike or do I pay for my daughter......the answer: I understand you giving up the NFL ticket!!

Finally, my signature reference to 'grace' has no religious implications. I saw the line in a back page essay in 'Time' a couple years ago, where it was referring to an act of kindness or courtesy of a secular nature. I just thought it to be a beautifully turned phrase.

Now that's what I call 'bullsh!t.' Author Andrew Sullivan, a well-known born again Christian, writes this in his article, 'Congregation Lion of Judah.'

"He saw his purpose: to serve God in prison, to turn his life around, even as it may have been saturated in the blood and pain of others. She saw hers: to make that happen. These people weren't saints. Grace arrives, unannounced, in lives that least expect or deserve it. I say that as a believer."

You're right, I am Amish, but even I know how to use Google. Your fact checking stinks. You're 0-2 in this topic alone. Though, I'm sure this passes for secular in your world. Just as Intelligent Design theory passes for science, right?

Stop reproducing.... jam it in her pooper instead!

:banana: :blink: :o :thumbsup:

Most shrinks would say that lashing out so vehemently against a stranger questioning something you supposedly know to be true is a tell tale sign of a lie. To paraphrase your namesake, 'methinks thou doth protest too much'. But I don't believe most shrinks. In fact, after seeing firsthand your over-the-top indignation and propensity for name calling, I bet you got everything you wanted from DirecTV. I'm surprised they didn't give you a car too. And cash. Maybe a hooker. Anything to get you off the phone.

Though I don't think 'bullsh!t' necessarily qualifies as swearing like a sailor, I do apologize if it offended you. In my defense, I wasn't aware the Amish had internet access.

:blink:

send me blank video tapes and I will tape your teams games... and ship them back to you.

so...

blank VCR tape - $2.00

Shipping back and forth $8.00

$10 a week!!!

Expert Satellite is offering 4 Months FREE

NFL Sunday Ticket

Dude its not the infant - its the 3 year old wrecking ball that is my son ! ! The wifey is gonna take care of the infant and i have to take care of my 3 year old son..

I made a deal with the wifey -- She is going to have to wake up and do all the midnight duty , 3 am , whatever while i get to sleep - as long as I whenever I am home take care of Alex.

BUT I already told da wifey I have to work 2 sundays a month :D . I work in Downtown Chicago - right by a sweet bar with 50 tvs an all da games ! :lol: so at least I will have that.

there is a bar in downtown chicago with 50 tv's? where and why didnt i know about this earlier.. :(

:D :lol: :o :(

CLASSIC :D

there is a bar in downtown chicago with 50 tv's? where and why didnt i know about this earlier.. :doh:

Its not really the greatest but its the bar i always go to after work . Timothy O'Tooles . it might not have 50 but it has maybe 25 all over the bar . When you sit at the bar you have view of at least 5 different games as long as you get there early enough to get a solid seat. Its not a really popular place but its a great place to watch the games on Sunday as they usually have like contests and sheet as well. Last year I wen there twice -- 1 time Mongo ( S. McMicheal ) was there promoting somehting and giving things away , another time Miller Lite had some promotion and gave away 10 cent bottle of Miller products for 3 hours , the other time some other promotion.

Just a little Irish tavern but really makes great use of TV placement ! And the bartenders are pretty cool about chaging to whatever game you wanna watch as long as a TV isn't being watched or its a duplicate of a nearby brodcast.

With Fox and CBS I get 3 Sunday afternoon games, Sunday night will be an NBC game, Monday Night will be an ESPN game and later the NFL Network will be airing Thursday games and I believe will have some Saturday games factor in that week 3 through week 10, 4 teams will be on a bye so there are 2 games you lose a week.

Now I have had the Ticket the last 2 years and I just don't feel it's worth the money anymore, yet they keep raising the price oh yea they might offer you Showtime which isn't much since they own it and give you half back of the increase cost but they still are over charging you. Now I get the Steeler games every week so I have a good team to watch. The only thing on Sunday I'm on the computer the whole day checking out games and glancing to watch a replay every now and then or I switch to the game when I see somebody is in the red zone. But paying over $200 for this privledge is to much your better off taking that money and getting into a little higher Fantasy League and you might win around $1,500. JMO :lol:

:clap:

Ok, never had the ticket, because i am a poor college kid. Some weekends I just go to bw3's and watch some games and other weekends i sit at home watching around 3 to 4 games from 1 and 4 pm (because i live in an area where we get pitt games, cin/cle games, and wv which is like washington/baltimore games, then i watch sunday night and monday night games. So I basically pay nothing to watch around 6 out of 13 games a week. (unless of course i want bdubs and to watch the bengals there and when i attend cincy games)! :wall:

and while im at home watching the tv, looking at up-to-date stats on nfl.com for my fantasy leagues.

Now that's what I call 'bullsh!t.' Author Andrew Sullivan, a well-known born again Christian, writes this in his article, 'Congregation Lion of Judah.'

"He saw his purpose: to serve God in prison, to turn his life around, even as it may have been saturated in the blood and pain of others. She saw hers: to make that happen. These people weren't saints. Grace arrives, unannounced, in lives that least expect or deserve it. I say that as a believer."

You're right, I am Amish, but even I know how to use Google. Your fact checking stinks. You're 0-2 in this topic alone. Though, I'm sure this passes for secular in your world. Just as Intelligent Design theory passes for science, right?

You really are an angry person.

Google the phrase 'grace arrives unannounced' and the first link that pops up is to a Time magazine article. Not the one where I read it, but a Time article nonetheless. No need to fact check, as I never claimed this to be the only place it was ever used or that it couldn't be used in a religious context. Just that it wasn't in that instance. And trust me, if you're looking for a zealot to argue with you're barking up the wrong tree.

Ah well, as they say, 'the devil is in the details'. Oh oh, I should probably clarify that I'm not referring to the guy in the red suit with the pointy stick that's coming to get you if you're bad. Just the generic, secular 'devil'.

The key is to call in and act very unassuming. Don't bring up getting money off your bill, because they'll smell that you're fishing for a deal. I called in and simply pointed out that I was getting my broadband through Comcast and would save a total of $200/year if I switched to them for television services. I made sure to mention many times that I love DTV and didn't want to switch, but my wife insisted that we cancel as the cost savings were too good (this one's called "Good Cop - Bad Cop").

You are the man!! Thank you for this thread!! I followed what the most of you said. This is what I got. they waived one of the "Ticket" payments. 6 months of free showtime. HDTV will be installed at no extra charge on Thursday (it's a promotion this year) and at the end of the call, this lovely lady gave me a 2 for 1 discount on my HBO and Cinemax. Instead of $22 I get it for $11 for the next 3 months.

It pays to get a female representative and then start kissing their ass!!

Thanks once again fellas!!!!!!! :first: :clap: :lol:

:clap: :first: :banana: :lol:

still the wrong spot.........put it where she can't talk

You really are an angry person.

Google the phrase 'grace arrives unannounced' and the first link that pops up is to a Time magazine article. Not the one where I read it, but a Time article nonetheless. No need to fact check, as I never claimed this to be the only place it was ever used or that it couldn't be used in a religious context. Just that it wasn't in that instance. And trust me, if you're looking for a zealot to argue with you're barking up the wrong tree.

Ah well, as they say, 'the devil is in the details'. Oh oh, I should probably clarify that I'm not referring to the guy in the red suit with the pointy stick that's coming to get you if you're bad. Just the generic, secular 'devil'.

Okay, now you're just full of sh!t. Which is ironic, being that what started this was your one word post labeling me a liar. Only thing is, I'm able to back up my statements. Are you?

You mean to tell us that your signature, when Googled, appears exactly as you have written it in both an Andrew Sullivan Time magazine article *and* in some other phantom Time article? One which, strangely, can't be found? Wow... I can tell you think you're really smart but do you actually think we're all that stupid?

No, I'm not angry and no, I never said you were a zealot. I do, however, think you've proven yourself to be jerk. And now, a lying jerk. See, my original post was intended to help the OP (as well as anyone else interested) find a solution to the high prices of the Sunday Ticket. Seems like more than a couple of people were helped by and appreciated my contribution.

What exactly have you brought to the table here?

Okay, now you're just full of sh!t. Which is ironic, being that what started this was your one word post labeling me a liar. Only thing is, I'm able to back up my statements. Are you?

You mean to tell us that your signature, when Googled, appears exactly as you have written it in both an Andrew Sullivan Time magazine article *and* in some other phantom Time article? One which, strangely, can't be found? Wow... I can tell you think you're really smart but do you actually think we're all that stupid?

No, I'm not angry and no, I never said you were a zealot. I do, however, think you've proven yourself to be jerk. And now, a lying jerk. See, my original post was intended to help the OP (as well as anyone else interested) find a solution to the high prices of the Sunday Ticket. Seems like more than a couple of people were helped by and appreciated my contribution.

What exactly have you brought to the table here?

You're right. The 46,000+ links for that phrase all go to the one and only place it has ever been printed.

You're right. The 46,000+ links for that phrase all go to the one and only place it has ever been printed.

Actually, yes. The handful of links that have the exact phrase in your signature go to one article only. Andrew Sullivan's article. You just keep lying, don't you? But go ahead jackass. Keep digging.

Or better yet, why don't you prove me wrong? Show me the article that Andrew Sullivan, one of Time magazine's most prolific writers, plagiarized. He must have plagiarized it because, according to you, you found it a "couple of years ago" whereas Sullivan's piece came out just last summer. Even better, Sullivan managed to steal from the very same magazine he then published in. Seems pretty unlikely, but what do I know?

Man, at first I just thought you were a dumbass. But your pathological lying is just too interesting not to pursue. Come on, Sparky. Time magazine has an extensive archive online. How do you think I found that quote to begin with? So make me eat my words...

You guys are great. I just called up Direct TV and told them I was going to cancel the Football package. They gave me $10 of a month for 12 months and 1 free payment. So it will cost me $60 instead of $225.

I LOVE YOU GUYS. :thumbsdown:

Actually, yes. The handful of links that have the exact phrase in your signature go to one article only. Andrew Sullivan's article. You just keep lying, don't you? But go ahead jackass. Keep digging.

Or better yet, why don't you prove me wrong? Show me the article that Andrew Sullivan, one of Time magazine's most prolific writers, plagiarized. He must have plagiarized it because, according to you, you found it a "couple of years ago" whereas Sullivan's piece came out just last summer. Even better, Sullivan managed to steal from the very same magazine he then published in. Seems pretty unlikely, but what do I know?

Man, at first I just thought you were a dumbass. But your pathological lying is just too interesting not to pursue. Come on, Sparky. Time magazine has an extensive archive online. How do you think I found that quote to begin with? So make me eat my words...

So I'm a liar because I referred to March '05 as 'a couple years ago' in an offhand reference to my signature? Great. Tell you what. I'm content to let the readers of these posts determine which of us comes off looking like a jerk.

You guys are great. I just called up Direct TV and told them I was going to cancel the Football package. They gave me $10 of a month for 12 months and 1 free payment. So it will cost me $60 instead of $225.

I LOVE YOU GUYS. :rolleyes:

I just tried it and the guy wouldn't give me a break. What gives?

Its not really the greatest but its the bar i always go to after work . Timothy O'Tooles . it might not have 50 but it has maybe 25 all over the bar . When you sit at the bar you have view of at least 5 different games as long as you get there early enough to get a solid seat. Its not a really popular place but its a great place to watch the games on Sunday as they usually have like contests and sheet as well. Last year I wen there twice -- 1 time Mongo ( S. McMicheal ) was there promoting somehting and giving things away , another time Miller Lite had some promotion and gave away 10 cent bottle of Miller products for 3 hours , the other time some other promotion.

Just a little Irish tavern but really makes great use of TV placement ! And the bartenders are pretty cool about chaging to whatever game you wanna watch as long as a TV isn't being watched or its a duplicate of a nearby brodcast.

oh yea.. i know the place, been there many times, great wings.. not quite walking distance from where i work.. :pointstosky:

So I'm a liar because I referred to March '05 as 'a couple years ago' in an offhand reference to my signature? Great. Tell you what. I'm content to let the readers of these posts determine which of us comes off looking like a jerk.

Yes, you are a liar and have yet to prove any different. No amount of talking in circles will change this. What, are you now claiming that the Andrew Sullivan article is indeed the one you were referring to? Too late to try that one, ass, as you have already denied it numerous times. Or have you forgotten that there's a record of everything you've said so far? See, the biggest problem with pathological liars is that they don't know when to stop lying. Even when they've already been exposed. It's pathetic.

And I, too, am content to let the record show who comes off as a jerk in this topic. Is it me, who originally posted here to assist others? Who has been thanked by more than a couple of people for the information I conveyed. Or is it you, who's original post was a one word, off-topic insult? Do you have even one post here about the topic? No. Your only contributions here have been insults and lies.

And who's the jerk?

Yes, you are a liar and have yet to prove any different. No amount of talking in circles will change this. What, are you now claiming that the Andrew Sullivan article is indeed the one you were referring to? Too late to try that one, ass, as you have already denied it numerous times. See, the biggest problem with pathological liars is that they don't know when to stop lying. Even when they've already been exposed. It's pathetic.

And I, too, am content to let the record show who comes off as a jerk in this topic. Is it me, who originally posted here to assist others? Who has been thanked by more than a couple of people for the information I conveyed. Or is it you, who's original post was a one word, off-topic insult? Do you have even one post here about the topic? Your only contributions here have been insults and lies.

And who's the jerk?

Apparently you're not content to let the posts speak for themselves, as you felt the need to editorialize on them yet one more time. I'll trust in the reading comprehension of those that choose to review.

Apparently you're not content to let the posts speak for themselves, as you felt the need to editorialize on them yet one more time. I'll trust in the reading comprehension of those that choose to review.

Apparently you haven't learned your lesson. You're a liar. You can't prove otherwise. If you could, you would have by now. For someone with 4000+ posts, you really bring nothing to the table.

Apparently you haven't learned your lesson. You're a liar. You can't prove otherwise. If you could, you would have by now. For someone with 4000+ posts, you really bring nothing to the table.

and yet again...

and yet again...

This is really quite amusing. What we're all witnessing here is what happens when someone starts a fight and can't finish it. Why don't you just forget about it? You've already lost this one.

And, the least you can do is give credit to the author of your signature. After all, you haven't even placed quotation marks around it. It's almost like you want people to think *you* came up it. I know you're the honest type, so who don't you just give Sullivan his due?

This is really quite amusing. What we're all witnessing here is what happens when someone starts a fight and can't finish it. Why don't you just forget about it? You've already lost this one.

And, the least you can do is give credit to the author of your signature. After all, you haven't even placed quotation marks around it. It's almost like you want people to think *you* came up it. I know you're the honest type, so who don't you just give Sullivan his due?

Please note that I've changed my sig and given credit to the source. Guy is not as famous as Andrew Sullivan, but I think his writing is genius!

Please note that I've changed my sig and given credit to the source. Guy is not as famous as Andrew Sullivan, but I think his writing is genius!

That's all you got? Some poorly crafted web humor from 1999? That's cute. Did you post that from your Prodigy account? Douche.

That's all you got? Some poorly crafted web humor from 1999? That's cute. Did you post that from your Prodigy account? Douche.

:first:

I just tried it and the guy wouldn't give me a break. What gives?

Like I said in an early post, call back and get a female and start kissing her as.s!!