• nyj
    • cle
    • hou
    • arz
    • nos
    • ten
    • det
    • was or oak

My only regret is that of the 25 people who chose SF, only one or two had the balls to post something to support it.

Sadly, I won't be able to point out what morons they were for not taking NYJ, HOU or NO - all teams worse than the Niners in 2006.

My only regret is that of the 25 people who chose SF, only one or two had the balls to post something to support it.

Sadly, I won't be able to point out what morons they were for not taking NYJ, HOU or NO - all teams worse than the Niners in 2006.

i picked sf because i dont recognize a single name on their roster. usually decent football players make the news every now and then. :argue:

I think it's a tossup between San Fran and New Orleans. Just bad football teams all the way areound - ffensively and defensively. And they've both got a great losing tradition going.

At least with the Jets, they have some hope in C Mart and Pennington and they haven't always been this bad.

also, i see cleveland being pretty bad.

I took the Jets...though I liked their draft, Ihave been touting them to be 3-13 since February....

I think the 49ers go 5-11/6-10......I dont like Smith but havent seen enough of him to say that he wont amount to anything....

I think it's a tossup between San Fran and New Orleans. Just bad football teams all the way areound - ffensively and defensively. And they've both got a great losing tradition going.

5 Superbowls are suddenly erased by 3 bad seasons? :lol:

Wow, you people are insane. :clap:

Hey, how many Superbowls have the Saints won? How many playoff appearances in the last couple of decades? ;)

How about DET? I'd say they're the losing-est franchise in the NFL right now...talk about traditions of losing...

At least with the Jets, they have some hope in C Mart and Pennington and they haven't always been this bad.

I thought that once upon a time S.F. was a great football team...but I'm getting old, maybe my memory's going...Nope, The 49ers won the superbowl in '82, '85, '89, '90, and '95

...admittedly ancient history for many of the posters here, but if we're talking about tradition, I don't think that San Fransisco can be put in the same category as New Orleans.

this was as stupid a comment as I have ever heard

I thought that once upon a time S.F. was a great football team...but I'm getting old, maybe my memory's going...Nope, The 49ers won the superbowl in '82, '85, '89, '90, and '95

...admittedly ancient history for many of the posters here, but if we're talking about tradition, I don't think that San Fransisico can be put in the same category as New Orleans.

:lol: :clap:

People love to hate a winner...and kick them when they're down. To the point of saying really stupid things, as we've now collectively witnessed.

And one thing about those Niners mentioned above: when they made the big game, they took home the trophy. And convincingly so every time.

5 Superbowls are suddenly erased by 2 bad seasons? :lol:

Wow, you people are insane. :wall:...

I meant recently, say the past 5 years or so.

I meant recently, say the past 5 years or so.

ow, my eye! The pebbles kicking up from your rapid backtracking...hitting me in the face...careful not to wear out that shoe rubber too soon!

And 5 years ago was 2001.

2001 SF 49ers: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo2001.htm

12-4, playoffs

| 1 | Atlanta Falcons | W | 16-13 |

| 2 | St. Louis Rams | L | 26-30 |

| 3 | at New York Jets | W | 19-17 |

| 4 | Carolina Panthers | W | 24-14 |

| 5 | at Atlanta Falcons | W | 37-31 |

| 6 | |

| 7 | at Chicago Bears | L | 31-37 |

| 8 | Detroit Lions | W | 21-13 |

| 9 | New Orleans Saints | W | 28-27 |

| 10 | at Carolina Panthers | W | 25-22 |

| 11 | at Indianapolis Colts | W | 40-21 |

| 12 | Buffalo Bills | W | 35- 0 |

| 13 | at St. Louis Rams | L | 14-27 |

| 14 | Miami Dolphins | W | 21- 0 |

| 15 | Philadelphia Eagles | W | 13- 3 |

| 16 | at Dallas Cowboys | L | 21-27 |

| 17 | at New Orleans Saints | W | 38- 0

Heck of a try though.

Wait - maybe you mean to say 2002? http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo2002.htm

Oops...10-6, playoffs

| Week | Opponent | Result | Score |

+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+

| 1 | at New York Giants | W | 16-13 |

| 2 | Denver Broncos | L | 14-24 |

| 3 | Washington Redskins | W | 20-10 |

| 4 | |

| 5 | St. Louis Rams | W | 37-13 |

| 6 | at Seattle Seahawks | W | 28-21 |

| 7 | at New Orleans Saints | L | 27-35 |

| 8 | Arizona Cardinals | W | 38-28 |

| 9 | at Oakland Raiders | W | 23-20 |

| 10 | Kansas City Chiefs | W | 17-13 |

| 11 | at San Diego Chargers | L | 17-20 |

| 12 | Philadelphia Eagles | L | 17-38 |

| 13 | Seattle Seahawks | W | 31-24 |

| 14 | at Dallas Cowboys | W | 31-27 |

| 15 | Green Bay Packers | L | 14-20 |

| 16 | at Arizona Cardinals | W | 17-14 |

| 17 | at St. Louis Rams | L | 20-31

Happy to educate the ignorant any time...:wall:

Scooter

Wow, well thought out poll. You must have literally spent minutes thinking it out.

i picked sf because i dont recognize a single name on their roster. usually decent football players make the news every now and then. :lol:

Funny, they said the same thing about the Detroit Pistons a few years ago

ow, my eye! The pebbles kicking up from your rapid backtracking...hitting me in the face...careful not to wear out that shoe rubber too soon!

Happy to educate the ignorant any time...;)

Scooter

I got schooled by a dude named scooter.

:P

who sux the moist?

yikes.... i would hate to know anyone sucking David Usher.......

*shudder*

seriously though, it will be some random team not listed that just tanks like Tennessee did from their lovely playoff season the year before

let me see...... San Diego

I guess i'll defend my Jets here for a minute. While they were terrible last year, most of that was on the offensive side of the ball. They were 12th in yards allowed per game last year, which isn't bad considering they were second to last in Time of Possession in 2005 due to the offense's inability to stay on the field.

As was mentioned earlier, they were decimated by injures, losing argueably their 3 best offensive players in Martin, Mawae and Pennington. This year they have added depth at QB and on the O-line, and though they lost Abraham and Law, they filled holes in the defense via free agency that should help keep them solid if not spectacular.

Can Martin come back and be productive for one more year? Can Cedric Houston build on some solid performances from last year if he can't? Will Pennington ever play again? Will Ramsey suck less than he did in Washington? How long will it take DaBrickshaw and Mangold to adapt to the NFL? Will they ever? Lots of questions, but I like the direction the team is heading. They are building from the inside out, and I think they will be tougher to play than most people think.

This is by no stretch of the imagination a playoff team, I'd be shocked if they even hit 8-8, but to say they will be as bad as last year is underestimating them IMHO.

can anyone explain why the texans only have 6 votes?!

Will Mario Williams really give these guys 4 more wins?

NINERS, easily. Worst passing and worst defense statistically last year. On paper and on the field, same thing this year. No Brandon Lloyd, and they lost their best defensive player in Peterson I think. Anyways, it won't matter, they are bad for a long, long time to come.

Wow, well thought out poll. You must have literally spent minutes thinking it out.

what is your lifetime fantasy football record?

:(

Yep. It's definitely rock bottom. Thoughts and prayers.

Most of the time Scoot, I think you are pretty OK. But this post screams of arrogance and extreme homerism.

i have always wondered why nfl fans with attitudes sign up at message boreds with gay usernames. :(

WOW guess what we are talking about who will be the worst THIS season. sorry if any of you 9ers fans were offended. i think some of you were about to cry as you bring up your past SB's and recent playoff appearances but the fact is, the 49ers are currently in a state of shittiness as are a handful of other teams this year.

No one cares what a team did 3 years ago otherwise the Jets wouldnt be on this list. If im not mistaken they were a playoff team in 04 and made the playoffs 4 of the past 5 years

but even as a Jets fan i realize they deserve to be on this list

:mad:

Pretty much, yeah. Hurts, eh?

:D

Most of the time Scoot, I think you are pretty OK. But this post screams of arrogance and extreme homerism.

No, it screams of irritation with people who post dumb things and back them up with even dumber logic. Such as calling the Niners "a franchise with a losing tradition".

it's all in the interpretation. :(

As was mentioned earlier, they were decimated by injures, losing argueably their 3 best offensive players in Martin, Mawae and Pennington. This year they have added depth at QB and on the O-line, and though they lost Abraham and Law, they filled holes in the defense via free agency that should help keep them solid if not spectacular.

Can Martin come back and be productive for one more year? Can Cedric Houston build on some solid performances from last year if he can't? Will Pennington ever play again? Will Ramsey suck less than he did in Washington? How long will it take DaBrickshaw and Mangold to adapt to the NFL? Will they ever? Lots of questions, but I like the direction the team is heading. They are building from the inside out, and I think they will be tougher to play than most people think.

This is by no stretch of the imagination a playoff team, I'd be shocked if they even hit 8-8, but to say they will be as bad as last year is underestimating them IMHO.

thats what i like to hear man. Well said. And as i mentioned in a post on page 1, They also were without barton last year.

NINERS, easily. Worst passing and worst defense statistically last year. On paper and on the field, same thing this year. No Brandon Lloyd, and they lost their best defensive player in Peterson I think. Anyways, it won't matter, they are bad for a long, long time to come.

let me know how those words taste in a season or two.

let me know how those words taste in a season or two.

maybe 4 or 5

I don't hate or like GB but I think they may be the worst team this year. For starters wtf was Mike MCCarthy hired? He hasn't got sheit for a resume. The O-line sucks, D-line isn't much better and Driver is the only legit wr, the rb's are all injured and they paid Woodson about 10X what he's worth. Favre is going to wish he'd retired after this year. They will probably eek out 4 wins, that may be the worst in football.

This is an extremely mindless thread b/c . . . . .

A. Who care who the worst team in the NFL will be. There is no reference to FF implications.

B. The Redskins are on the list.

C. The Bills arent on the list.

D. The original poster listed WAS or OAK as an option. As if the two teams are one and the same.

E. After realizing how stupid it was to have WAS or OAK on the list, the OP tried to include JAX as a choice.

:thumbsdown:

This is an extremely mindless thread b/c . . . . .

A. Who care who the worst team in the NFL will be. There is no reference to FF implications.

B. The Redskins are on the list.

C. The Bills arent on the list.

D. The original poster listed WAS or OAK as an option. As if the two teams are one and the same.

E. After realizing how stupid it was to have WAS or OAK on the list, the OP tried to include JAX as a choice.

<_<

i think being the worst team does probably have some FF implications. you prolly dont want their FF defense and they probably only have 1 or 2 legit players you might draft etc...

i hate everyone

let me give some reasons for why the Jets will not be the worst team in the nfl this year.

1. pretty easy schedule with 2 games vs Bills

Bills fans look at the schedule and view the Jets as an easy game. Face it, Bills vs Jets is Jimmy Vollmer vs Timmah for the AFC Least.

:argue:

we have a tie between sf and nyj at 36.

Brandon Lloyd is a bust, redskins will find that out the hard way. Antonio Bryant is 10 times better.

Peterson was the 3rd best defensive player on the niners last year and we will not miss him.

Who posted in: who will be ...

Poster Posts

zmanzzzz 16

football_scooter 9

WhiteWonder 5

RicemanX 4

GobbleDog 3

cmh6476 2

Ras66not99 2

Rookie QB 2

texasmouth 2

Force of Two 2