Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Hezbollah didn't expect this response

LOL. Senior Hezbollah official admits they underestimated Israel's reaction to their kidnapping of two soldiers:

""The truth is - let me say this clearly - we didn't even expect (this) response ... that (Israel) would exploit this operation for this big war against us," said Komati.

He said Hezbollah had expected "the usual, limited response" from Israel.

In the past, he said, Israeli responses to Hezbollah actions included sending commandos into Lebanon, seizing Hezbollah officials and briefly targeting specific Hezbollah strongholds in southern Lebanon."

http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/feeds/.../ap2903775.html

So, by trying to create a peaceful middle east Isreal appeared weak and just made the terrorists bolder. This is why you react strongly to terrorism and don't negotiate with terrorists.

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/internatio...,428447,00.html

SPIEGEL: What is the goal of the military action?

Livni: It's not only about the goal of the military action but about the demands of the international community that we explicitly share. They are: there must be a government and an army in Lebanon. There can no longer be militias and terrorist organizations such as Hezbollah. Hezbollah must be completely disarmed. They should no longer have the ability to be armed by Syria and Iran. In southern Lebanon there can be no more Hezbollah bases. The Lebanese army must be stationed there in its place. The global community a while ago demanded that the Lebanese government fulfill its responsibilities. It hasn't yet done so.

SPIEGEL: The complicated political situation in Lebanon makes the Lebanese government extremely weak. How can they be held fully responsible for Hezbollah's violent acts under these conditions?

Livni: Whether weak or strong, a government carries the responsibility for whatever happens within its country. We are currently considering the question of whether we must strengthen the Lebanese government from the outside so that it would be able to fulfill its responsibilities.

SPIEGEL: Don't Syria and Iran carry considerably greater responsibility for the violent acts committed by the Hezbollah?

Livni: Hezbollah is the long arm of Iran. They share the same horrible ideology. It's an ideology of hate that is fed by the wish to destroy Israel. Syria supports Hezbollah by, on the one hand, providing weapons and, on the other, acting as a conduit for weapons deliveries from other countries.

SPIEGEL: Are you afraid that Syria and Iran could get involved in the war?

Livni: I hope that they don't give into this temptation. They would be making a serious mistake.

BRING IT :D :D

Hmmmm.....

Sounds kinda like the Clinton years when we kept getting hit by terrorists and did nothing, leading to 9/11.

They didn't expect the response they got once Slick wasn't calling the shots.

Hmmmm.....

Sounds kinda like the Clinton years when we kept getting hit by terrorists and did nothing, leading to 9/11.

in his defense, why not postpone world war III?

hint(itsgonnasuck)

BRING IT :lol: :lol:

yup, Clinton, the Democrats AND republicans who didn't do anything.

worthless government. :banana:

hint(itsgonnasuck)

It will be quicker than WWIV

hint(itsgonnasuck)

It's like you read Slick's mind:

"I'll let someone else deal with the issues a President should really be concerned with..........I'm gonna git me a fat intern.............(itsgonnasuck)

So, by trying to create a peaceful middle east Isreal appeared weak and just made the terrorists bolder. This is why you react strongly to terrorism and don't negotiate with terrorists.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And some of still belive in evolution :banana: when the towel-heads have NOT evolved for centuries :wall: :wall:

It's like you read Slick's mind:

"I'll let someone else deal with the issues a President should really be concerned with..........I'm gonna git me a fat intern.............(itsgonnasuck)

thats not quite fair. (she wasnt that fat)

but was invading iraq actually "dealing with the issues a president should really be concerned with"?

you seem really sharp so im sure this will enlightening.

It's hard to believe that they truly did not expect the response. What they did was an act of war.

It's not like Hizbollah are the only ones who didn't expect a ridiculously disproportionate response. Who would have imagined that Israel would respond by targeting and bombing civilians over a kidnapping and some crappy unguided missiles?

Hmmmm.....

You are correct sir. :wacko: Who thought we would invade Iraq when none of the terrorists came from Iraq?

It's hard to believe that they truly did not expect the response. What they did was an act of war.

It is because they have been nailng Isreal for years,and they did nothing about it,except give them land and what ever else the towel-heads wanted.

It is proof to all the nay-sayers that said the poor towel-heads just want their land back,that in fact,that was just a cover for what they really want.Which is just for Jews to die.

Not to mention,but I will,Isreal has won that land many times.

It's called "The spoils of war are yours to keep".Even though the US doesn't keep jack-sh!t after we kick some arse.

It is because they have been nailng Isreal for years,and they did nothing about it,except give them land and what ever else the towel-heads wanted.

It is proof to all the nay-sayers that said the poor towel-heads just want their land back,that in fact,that was just a cover for what they really want.Which is just for Jews to die.

Not to mention,but I will,Isreal has won that land many times.

It's called "The spoils of war are yours to keep".Even though the US doesn't keep jack-sh!t after we kick some arse.

Yeah, we have never taken land from anyone. :wacko: We came over and traded the Native Americans fair and square for this land.

It's not like Hizbollah are the only ones who didn't expect a ridiculously disproportionate response. Who would have imagined that Israel would respond by targeting and bombing civilians over a kidnapping and some crappy unguided missiles?

Yeah, I'm sure Israel is specfically targeting civilians. Unlike Hezbollah who is sending missiles at any Israeli town they can find. And unlike Hezbollah, Israel's military doesn't hide within the civilian population. Man, you are truly a piece of work. A bad one, but a piece of work. :wacko:

Yeah, I'm sure Israel is specfically targeting civilians. Unlike Hezbollah who is sending missiles at any Israeli town they can find. And unlike Hezbollah, Israel's military doesn't hide within the civilian population. Man, you are truly a piece of work. A bad one, but a piece of work. :cry:

firing missiles at cars and vans full of evacuees (after having been told by the Israelis to evacuate) constitutes targeting of civilians. Dropping bombs on residential areas knowing that the majority of the people in them are not affiliated with terrorism, constitutes targeting of civilians.

The more you try to make it about me, the more obvious it is you don't have any intelligent thoughts of your own on the matter.

firing missiles at cars and vans full of evacuees (after having been told by the Israelis to evacuate) constitutes targeting of civilians. Dropping bombs on residential areas knowing that the majority of the people in them are not affiliated with terrorism, constitutes targeting of civilians.

The more you try to make it about me, the more obvious it is you don't have any intelligent thoughts of your own on the matter.

I've got plenty. You're the idiot who still clings to some notion that Israel should be giving up land that NOONE else even mentions, and feel that because of that Hezbollah, a terrorist group that has no legitimacy in these matters is somehow justified in attacking Israel. Where you get these whackjob ideas is beyond me but they make no logical, rational, or legal sense.

it always goes back to you being a jew hater.

it always goes back to you being a jew hater.

:banana: :banana: :bench:

Unrelated question for you. Why do you continually spell Hezbollah with an I, when the rest of the civilized world uses an E? You trying to impress us with some ancient form of the word?

disproportionate??? war is not an eye for an eye. the goal of war is to crush the other side. like i said in another thread: you shouldn't pick a fight with country that can kick your ass.

...but it's not like you didn't just type this because you hate jews or anything... <_<

hint(itsgonnasuck)

Postpone?? Sounds like a replay of '35-'39 in Europe to me.

Postpone?? Sounds like a replay of '35-'39 in Europe to me.

"There Will Be Peace in our Time" Neville Chamberlain

:cheers:

...but it's not like you didn't just type this because you hate jews or anything... :cry:

This is weak, even for you.

This is weak, even for you.

:cry: please, he takes his shots at israel and guys like "holy joe" every chance he gets.

:thumbsup: please, he takes his shots at israel and guys like "holy joe" every chance he gets.

So if someone has problems with Israel then they therefore must hate Jews?

This is the new Right wing driven political correctness, kind of like anyone who criticizes the Black community is labelled a racist, anyone criticizing Israel is labelled an anti-Semite. It's just a transparent attempt to muzzle people and put certain topics off-limits.

So if someone has problems with Israel then they therefore must hate Jews?

This is the new Right wing driven political correctness, kind of like anyone who criticizes the Black community is labelled a racist, anyone criticizing Israel is labelled an anti-Semite. It's just a transparent attempt to muzzle people and put certain topics off-limits.

right wing driven political correctness? :thumbsup: label it whatever you want but if you haven't noticed a pattern in torrid's posts, you aren't paying attention.

right wing driven political correctness? :thumbsup: label it whatever you want but if you haven't noticed a pattern in torrid's posts, you aren't paying attention.

That's right, political correctness. Since I doubt you understand what the term means I wouldn't expect you to see the parallel here, but I trust some other posters do.

That's right, political correctness. Since I doubt you understand what the term means I wouldn't expect you to see the parallel here, but I trust some other posters do.

yeah, it's obvious i don't know what political correctness means. :thumbsup: i wasn't laughing simply because you called it "right wing" political correctness. :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more. It's more than political correctness, though. It is the new genesis of politcal thinking in America, sponsored by the government. Distrust of the government is no longer acceptable -- and those that criticize, or question, are labeled as conspiracy theorists or anti-American. The only acceptable political behavior today is to unquestioningly accept what is handed down from on high, and to like it: Anything less is grounds for being labeled a traitor.

Question Israel, an ally of the United States? You're a traitor.

Question the administration's energy policy? You're a traitor.

You're a newspaper seeking Presidential documents alleged to be the base of entry into Iraq? You're a traitor.

It's a pretty revolting degeneration of political thought.

Hezbollah performed the raid for multiple reasons.

First, they wanted to parlay what appeared to be a likely successful Hamas trade for a soldier into one of their own. If Israel gave in to the demands of Hamas for a trade, then Hezbollah wanted in as well so they can get some of their people. This went down in the past, Israel produced this mindset by trading with these animals before.

I think Hezbollah should have seen this coming based on the reaction to the Hamas efforts. But they likely thought that Israel would never come after them due to their position, and the backlash of attacking Lebanon.

The tendency of Hezbollah to launch from civilian areas, hide their arms ad offices in civilian areas is smart, morally corrupt, but still smart.

This approach will subjugate the minds of people like Torrid, which is part of the strategy. The strategy is sound because we know it works. Endanger civilians, and when they get hurt, cry foul. Then you have the morally corrupt liberal elitists in other countries back you up.

If I were them, I would prolly do the same thing.

Is MDC not around today so you need someone's elses d1ck to suck on?

Its a fact that for years torrid has made post after post about israel being the root of all evil.

I would hope that your whiney arse is at least getting a reach around from him.

you are quite pathetic :thumbsup:

You are correct sir. :banana: Who thought we would invade Iraq when none of the terrorists came from Iraq?

That is the brilliance of Bush's plan. They never saw it coming. To deal N Korea he is going to attack Canada.

Is MDC not around today so you need someone's elses d1ck to suck on?

Its a fact that for years torrid has made post after post about israel being the root of all evil.

I would hope that your whiney arse is at least getting a reach around from him.

you are quite pathetic :banana:

Hey, the village idiot coming through with a bunch of allusions to homosexuality, there's a shocker! Time for some new material, you're just a liiiiiiiiiittle too hung up on the gay angle.

Torrid criticising Israel is not the same as hating Jews. But since you're - amazingly - even stupider than surferskin, I wouldn't expect you to pick up on that.

Torrid criticising Israel is not the same as hating Jews.

I'll agree with you on that, but it's about equally as stupid considering Israel was the one attacked.

Hey, the village idiot coming through with a bunch of allusions to homosexuality, there's a shocker! Time for some new material, you're just a liiiiiiiiiittle too hung up on the gay angle.

Torrid criticising Israel is not the same as hating Jews. But since you're - amazingly - even stupider than surferskin, I wouldn't expect you to pick up on that.

dude, are you too dense or do you just choose ignore the body of work that has been torrid's 50k posts. there's a pattern of being anti-sematic, it's not just his posts in this thread.

there's also a pattern of you being a total ass kisser, when it comes to your liberal buddies here. :shocking:

I'll agree with you on that, but it's about equally as stupid considering Israel was the one attacked.

I know you get it. But, the Israeli response is big, much more so than anyone might have expected. Crying foul about the response being too big is just part of the strategy, people like Torrid falling for it is the deepest desire of the group in question~ they are banking on it.