Sign in to follow this  
NAn

I Am A Fantasy Football Anomaly

I have played 22 seasons of FF in various leagues over the last 10 years and have only won 6 championships.

As we all know, everyone who comes here wins their league/s champion/s every year.

I have played 22 seasons of FF in various leagues over the last 10 years and have only won 6 championships.

As we all know, everyone who comes here wins their league/s champion/s every year.

Making me an FF anomaly.

Im with you brother...

My Main friend league I have been to the playoffs 8 out of 9 years and have never won the championship

Been playing since 1994, one league only, with only one trophy to show for it (3 champioships overall).

Won it 2 years ago, and completely sh!t the bed last year. 5 of my first 8 draft picks went down with injury that were more than 3 weeks in duration.

Still had a shot at sneaking into the playoffs had I not had to trade LJ (I needed a WR). :thumbsdown:

been doing FF for 5 yrs now. last yr was the first time i won anything in FF (2 SB wins and 2 best records, but lost in the playoffs and last in the other league. i was in 5 leagues total) and it was also my first full season being on the forums. :lol:

looking for big things again this yr :thumbsdown:

Entering year 4 this year. In year 1 I made the playoffs, but lost in the semi-final. I thought this was like taking candy from a baby. Year 2 I was below .500 and las year managed a .500 season.

I hope to be above .500 this year

I have only won 2 and played in 6 Superbowls (I have been playing since 1993).....pretty much in compairison with GhostofMeanMachime (top draft picks going down)......I fell your pain brother!

I started playing on some yahoo leagues with some friends of mine a couple years ago, and the guy who always runs the leauges (i hardly knew him at the time) he was always talking about how great he was, and he was always talking everyone down on the message boards. so I checked his profile one day, and yes he has played in many Fantasy leagues (114 teams managed) and in all sports, but he only won 1 Championship!...... :huh: hahahaha, I laughed for days!......... :banana:

In small money league: 5 years. 2 finals appearances and 3 regular season titles, but no championships

In big money league: 2 years. 1 playoff appearance with a 3rd place finish

I lost a game once. It was week 12 and didn't mean $h!t, so I rested my starters :pointstosky:

5 years running in my money league. Same crew of guys with the occasional minor change from year to year, re-draft each year. Only owner to make the playoffs every year, and finally got the monkey off my back last year and got a championship, along with a 16-0 record.

2001 - Lost Championship

2002 - 3rd place

2003 - 3rd place

2004 - 3rd place

2005 - Champion

And I plan on going back to back. Priest Holmes crapped out on my 3 years in a row, costing me rings every time.

7th year playing FF in a 12 team redraft league.

Been to the playoffs twice.

Went to the SB once,.... and lost.

One owner has been the points leader EVERY year and has never won (only made the SB once).

Ive been running my home league since 98 and ive one once. Ive been in the champ game 3 other times... its a 12 team keeper league. Ive won other Yahoo! leagues and such, but not my other two dynasty leagues. Gotta rebuild the shite that the other owner before me screwed =)

League 1: (Entering my 5th year only made the championship once and lost)

League 2: (Entering my 2nd year - 1 championship)

League 3: (Entering my 1st year - - - - - -)

One owner has been the points leader EVERY year and has never won (only made the SB once).

That goes to what I said last week. Regular season is skill....winning playoffs is total luck!

I think its 25 combined seasons. Only 2 championships but have been in the $ about 75%. 90% since i committed to internet research about 8 or 9 years ago.

;)

20 football leagues last year and 20 last place finishes. I listened to all the people on the bored.... i think ya'll screwed me

:mad:

LOL

As for myself....

This will be my 9th season coming up, only play in 1 league every year and it's a close knit group of friends. Unusual scoring system where at the end of the year, the top 20 scorers are a littering of QB, WR, RB, DEF, PK and usually 1 whole TE.

In the first 4 seasons, I went to the playoffs everytime. Finally got my 1 lone championship in year 5, and since the big game, I have been in the "Toilet Bowl" playoffs every year.

The "Toilet Bowl" brackett / playoffs are basically exact opposite of the normal playoffs, except it is to see who is the worst team in the league, and they get their name on the "Golden Seat of Shame" a gold painted toilet seat. You get to the "Toilet Bowl" by losing all the way through the playoffs, if you win in the Toilet Bowl, you are out.

Interestingly enough..... I have been in the loser playoffs every since I started utilizing this site. :P

But I know that's not the whole reason. It has more to do with "Less than stellar draft decisions" One year I decided to try the "12 beers theory" another year, I decided going out drinking on the town till 6am would give me a clear benefit on draft sunday. Now, this year, I will resume my previous proven strategies, of spending the day prior to the draft in worship of the Football Gods, basking in all their glory. Now I just need me a nice fat cat for a nice fat Sac.....

Nope, been in one money league since 1997, never won the league. I have made the playoffs every year except two though.

Come to think of it.....I have never won a fantasy championship in a money league...... :mad:

20 football leagues last year and 20 last place finishes. I listened to all the people on the bored.... i think ya'll screwed me

:mad:

I was in six last year, eight this year and it is way too many. 20 is insane. All money leagues? :P

Winning championships should be hard. If you are winning every year in your main league, you need some new competition. :doublethumbsup:

Been playing FF since 94, and have only won it all once (about 5 years ago). I've made the championship one other time and been in the playoffs 6 or 7 times. Also won our toilet bowl one year as well (bottom 8 teams of our 12-team league all play each other head to head the last 2 weeks of the season for refund of our entrance fee, $45).

I have been playing in the same 12 team league for 10 years. I have led the league in scoring 6 times, been to the playoffs every year, and have been to the Super Bowl 7 times.....I have NEVER won a championship.

My war cry is "This is gonna be my year!"

This will be my second year in FF. Last year I won our league championship. I attribute a lot of that to luck. I drafted extremely well though. I got Steve Smith in the 5th round, and he was the only player I was targeting that I actually got to draft. My other targets all seemed to go one pick before me, but I lucked out cause most of them turned out to be busts. So if I had drafted the team I had really wanted I would have been dead in the water. Steve Smith, LaMont Jordan, Kevin Curtis, and Warrick Dunn kept me undefeated going into week 12!

I've won once in 6 years, average 2.3 leagues a year.

3 straight years in one league I lost the championship game. My friends are calling me Team Norwood, wide right.

:thumbsup:

Ah well - I have the last laugh as 2nd place is worth 20% so I'm still playing on their dollar. I just don't have the :clap: or the respect it commands.

I'm 5-0 in championship games. :(

also that covers 15 total seasons over 10 years and I've missed the playoffs entirely 6 times and 3 of those titles were in 8 team leagues.

4th year dynasty league...

Won my Division every year..

Had best record 1st year, lost in playoffs.

Made it to semis 2nd year lost

made it to Fantasy Bowl last year, lost..

maybe this year is the year..... ;)

I played in the same league for 10+ years and never won. Then won two years in a row and came close to making it a three-peat last year after losing Priest. ;)

I am 9-1 in Championship games in the last 8 years. Play in three good money leagues with friends. One league I won 2000-2004 another I have won the past 3 years.... "If you're not first, you're last." Ricky Bobby

:clap: :lol: :first: :first: ;)

I am 9-1 in Championship games in the last 8 years. Play in three good money leagues with friends. One league I won 2000-2004 another I have won the past 3 years.... "If you're not first, you're last." Ricky Bobby

You should write your own magazine ;)

I've been playing for 10 years. In my money league, I've only one once but I've never gotten below 4th place out of 12. The money is divided between the top three where third place wins his money back.

;)

You need to do the cancelling-out theory as proposed in another thread.

You need to do the cancelling-out theory as proposed in another thread.

By canceling out theory, you mean cancel out certain users and ignore their advice?

Been in fantasy football since 1993 and I won quite a bit before the internet took over. I did the grunt work that no one else would do. The internet has made things too easy for the average guy and evens things out between him and guys like me!

Been in fantasy football since 1993 and I won quite a bit before the internet took over. I did the grunt work that no one else would do. The internet has made things too easy for the average guy and evens things out between him and guys like me!

Havent been playing as long as you but I agree, I put a lot of time and effort into my teams and I was a lot more successful but now, any yahoo can get on here and know as much as everyone else. :clap:

I don't think its ALL about skill in the regular season...sometimes, you just can't get around good old fashioned bad luck.

the last 2 years (Been playing 8 years, 12 leagues, 1 championship) i have had the highest scoring team, or the 2nd highest scoring team. both years, i didn't even make the playoffs! last year, i actually went 5-9, was the 2nd highest scoring team...my "Points against" was an all-time league high...a record i had set just the previous year. sometimes, you just get bad luck. in those head-to-head records based leagues, you can't buy wins, when you score 125 (league average- 87), and your opponent rolls up 135 (then the next week, they put up 57!).

its frustrating beyond belief... :banana: