Sign in to follow this  
surferskin

Illinois Senator Barack Obama a hypocrite and a liar?

He says part of the blame for the world's higher temperatures rests on gas guzzling vehicles. Obama says consumers can make the difference by switching to higher mileage hybrids.

Today the Senator said, "It would save more energy, do more for the environment and create better world security than all the drilling we could do in Alaska."

"After the meeting... Obama left in a GMC Envoy after admitting to favoring SUV's himself," claimed local News Channel 6.

Tommy Vietor, Senator Obama's press secretary, explains: "What Senator Obama has long advocated is the use of vehicles that are more fuel efficient, including but not exclusively hybrids.

"The vehicle senator obama travels in while in illinois is a Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV), which can run on e85, a blended fuel made of 85 percent ethanol.

"So he in fact was practicing what he preached at the town hall meeting in Metropolis yesterday when he said we must drive fewer gas-guzzling vehicles."

But it does not appear that GMC's Envoy is E85 ready.

RINK

:bench:

is the envoy his car? or a staffer's, or what?

also..fyi: he is :bench:

:D

He is also like 6' 6", and would prolly pound you.... :cry:

Yup. This is like Al Gore flying all over the world in his jet promoting his movie against global warming.

They are all full of sh!t.

pound me where? in my butt? :bench:

See, now you are taking me back to my prison days..... :cry:

Yup. This is like Al Gore flying all over the world in his jet promoting his movie against global warming.

They are all full of sh!t.

Exactly. If you even believe in global warming you should never go anywhere, unless it's by bicycle.

Exactly. If you even believe in global warming you should never go anywhere, unless it's by bicycle.

no, but you shouldn't tell me to buy a hybrid, while you drive an SUV.

I would ride Torrid, he already said he wouldnt fight back..... :cry:

Of course you're gonna defend him. :cry:

If his car really is using E85, I see no problem with what he said.

If his car really is using E85, I see no problem with what he said.

you missed the part in bold.

Of course you're gonna defend him. :cry:

If Obama owns an SUV that's hypocrisy. I couldn't tell you whether the car Obama was in was his or if it was fuel efficient. Ripping Gore for travelling in a jet though seems really petty to me.

I do not think it is wrong to preach it nor do I think it is wrong to practice what he preaches

you missed the part in bold.

It says it does not appear to be E85. That is hardly conclusive, but I do agree that if he is not using E85 that it is very hypocritical.

How does a car appear to be E85 ready? My car can use E85 and it looks just like any other Tahoe on the road. My guess would be that it does use E85. From what I have seen most newer GMC and Chevy SUV's are flex fuel. Whether he actually using E85 or not is a different story.

It says it does not appear to be E85. That is hardly conclusive, but I do agree that if he is not using E85 that it is very hypocritical.

How does a car appear to be E85 ready? My car can use E85 and it looks just like any other Tahoe on the road. My guess would be that it does use E85. From what I have seen most newer GMC and Chevy SUV's are flex fuel. Whether he actually using E85 or not is a different story.

because they don't make an GMC Envoy that is E85 ready.

http://www.e85fuel.com/information/general_motors.php

OK. He is a hypocrite.

and a LIAR

and a :dunno:

So his staffer is a liar and a hypocrite. Where did Obama talk about using E85 in his Envoy?

Actually, I think that makes the staffer the liar who tried to cover up for his hypocrite boss.

Don't they all do this? I mean, is there really anyone in politics who's not a hypocrite or liar about something?

So his staffer is a liar and a hypocrite. Where did Obama talk about using E85 in his Envoy?

he obviously knew he rode in an SUV after giving a self righteous speech on gas guzzlers, making him a hypocrite...whether he told his staffer to spin this E85 BS, we're not so sure about.

that's why i used a "?" in the title.

and a :ninja:

He is a ninja?

he obviously knew he rode in an SUV after giving a self righteous speech on gas guzzlers, making him a hypocrite...whether he told his staffer to spin this E85 BS, we're not so sure about.

that's why i used a "?" in the title.

SUV's are not that bad on gas. Depends upon what you are doing. If you are driving around with a bunch of people or carrying around lots of stuff (staff, equipment, etc.), then it is better to drive an SUV getting 20-25mpg than it is to drive a bunch of little cars getting 30-40mpg.

All politicians need to do a better job of practicing what they preach, but I hardly see them as activists in these areas. Frankly, if they can not put roadblocks in these areas, they will be doing more than their predecessors.

Outrageous hypocrisy! Damn, that Drudge can really sniff out the big stories.

why did you even bother to reply in this thread? you want to defend one of your own but you got nuthin. :ninja:

why did you even bother to reply in this thread? you want to defend one of your own but you got nuthin. :ninja:

It is hypocritical. A big deal? No.

So you're pissed at GW too, right?

Not me, I know they are all hypocrits...... :dunno:

yes and i also think he's pandering when he makes his speeches about using grass to power cars.

EDIT: i also don't think GWB discouraged people from driving SUV's though.

What was interesting about the speech Bush made on this topic was that he talked about the need to offer incentives for this and incentives for that. I guess he doesn't think that $3+ gas counts as an incentive.

What was interesting about the speech Bush made on this topic was that he talked about the need to offer incentives for this and incentives for that. I guess he doesn't think that $3+ gas counts as an incentive.

Its working on me. You can now get $40k SUV's for $30k, if you are a dumbarse living in fantasyworld where $100 a week on gas is ok to prop up your undervalued sense of self.

I wish I could drive a Vespa.... :wall:

Its working on me. You can now get $40k SUV's for $30k, if you are a dumbarse living in fantasyworld where $100 a week on gas is ok to prop up your undervalued sense of self.

I wish I could drive a Vespa.... :wall:

:wall:

My truck has spent almost the whole summer in the garage.

:wall:

My truck has spent almost the whole summer in the garage.

The Hybrids wont really buy me much, I am mostly highway to the train station. BUT, the Civic/Camry/Altima/Passat type cars get pretty great mileage regardless.... :wall:

Until I see the full cite and context of Obama's speech, I could care less what some jackass soundbite reporter with an agenda says he said.

You disapprove ofObama's views, but one thing I've always been impressed with is his ability to not be a shill, have moderate opinions, and always reach out with a solution.

If his statement was that we need to have more R&D to develop more efficient vehicles because they are contributing to CO2 emissions, then I don't see how that is really hypocritical. I want those things too, but I drive an SUV as well. Know why? because there are no options available.

Thinking that we should, collectively, have more and better options in our auto fleet, has nothing to do with the realities that today's options, thanks to the oil industry taking that $5 billion and then saying that R&D was impractical for non-fossil fuels, are basically E85 and/or cars that are impractical for more than 1 or 2 people to drive in.

If this is the best you can do on Obama, I'd say he's doing pretty good. I know all you right wing morons are too simple brained to understand that you can advocate for change in environmental policy, without having to be an absolute farm collective solar car wacko.