Sign in to follow this  
hotdogcollarsdotcom

Stud #4 this year

Chester Taylor...thats right and here's why:

--Childress is going to use and abuse Taylor like a red headed stepchild. They will run this guy into the ground this year - 300-325 rush attempts and 70-80 pass rcpts. he may break down next year, but they wont care by then

--Childress is a student of the west coast offense. More specifically, a student of Andy Reids version. Which means, the RBs are a MAJOR part of the passing game. Plus, Childress balances that with a strong desire to run the ball and bingo, you've got a whole lotta love for a versatile RB

--O line that will be rock solid - with the addition of hutchinson at RG, the return of Birk at C, and that beast McKinney at RT, the right side of this line is second to none in the NFL.

--Weak, and i mean WEAK schedule. HE gets to play the Lions and Pack for 4 games, plus games against the Cards, SF, NYJ, & Buffalo.

The only possible weakness in this theory is if Moore vultures carries from him. But, given the fact that Moore is already injured, that doesnt seem likely. And as for Fason, theres no way an old school, hard a** like Childress gives much conideration to an undersized rookie.

So go ahead, reply with your insults and one line-no-supporting-info-having rebuttals, and keep on giving me Chester in the 3rd or 4th rd of the draft. I even got this guy in the 5th rd of my draft today (12 team redraft).

Thank you very much....write it down...championship :dunno:

All good valid point. You've got one major problem though. Taylor is not that good.

Plus Fason is not a rookie and he's not undersized.

All good valid point. You've got one major problem though. Taylor is not that good.

Agreed. I think Chester T. is really a lower-end RB#2. And I would much rather have him as a RB#3 or Flex.

I think Taylor is this year's Lamont Jordan.

And yes, he is talented enough. He's got great hands and a career 4.4 YPC.

Nice post.

I think Taylor is this year's Lamont Jordan.

And yes, he is talented enough. He's got great hands and a career 4.4 YPC.

Nice post.

He might be this year's Lamont Jordan, but that would not make him one of the top 4 players in fantasy and in the same league as the "big 3".

Nice !!! :(

Taylor SUCKS. He runs to one side and that's it. His vision SUCKS big time.

The Vikes destroy RB talent almost as well as the Lions destroy WRs. Not long ago, the Minnies were the envy of the league with a "stable" of backs that included Bennett, Moore, Onterio, and Moe Williams. In an uncannily short period of time, they had to turn to the FA market for a starter.

Based on recent history, I look for Taylor to average 2.8 ypc before giving way to Moore, who will gain more yards but score only 1 TD all season.

Good post. I agree with all your points, and here's one more:

The Vikes defense is gonna be much improved. More ball control, less shootouts.

I've watched each pre-season game...Tampa2...the defense is swarming again. Not elite...but very much improved.

Childress is gonna run and run Taylor, and on third down, pass to him.

Maybe not top 4, but top 8 is very realistic.

Heheheheh

Bahahahahahahahahaha

Yeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I agree

Funny thing is, a guy in my league drafted him in the 2nd Rd!!!

I just laughed.

He better work out for him, or he's screwed.......

I have to respect the effort put into the email. I hope for your sake all of that comes true about Taylor. But it won't unfortunately.

Thanks for the funny reading on a Friday Night!!

Stud #4 this year, You thought it was big 3...nope, its big 4

When I read this headline to myself I said 'this oughta be good'.

Then I read it. :banana:

Good humor. :dunno:

I think that I have argued the big 3 point a few times and am a proud card carrying member of the "I own Chester Taylor" club so I am looking through very rose colored glasses here.

First off here are the knocks against the top 3:

LT2- new untested QB, Turner the burner looking to get more playing time, defensively improved division, a lot of carries the last few years and he started to wear down last year. Overall not too bad though.

LJ- I think that Vermeil kept him benched for a reason, I am not sure what it is, but there was something wrong there. KC lost Roaf, Shield is already gimpy, they did nothing to improve their WR's, lost Richardson and doesn't have Priest pushing him. He also has Herm running the show which is a real hit or miss situation. His hard running style is likely to get him hurt before the end of the season. I believe he lost the most this season of the big 3.

SA- SB slump, lost a very good lineman in Hutchinson, the division will be tougher on defense (just because it couldn't be any worse) and last but not least the Madden jinx. It almost got him last night, he pulled himself right before that young rookie got his leg tore up. If you aren't superstitious than you won't buy into this much, but history doesn't lie.

Last year I drafted Lamont Jordan and was faced with the same crticism and questions. The similarities are pretty surprising though. Both were backups stuck behind old fading stars that they outperformed when given a chance. Both were very professional and patient waiting for their turn. Both were signed by teams that were looking to overhaul their teams and use them as a feature RB. Both teams intended on using them in the passing game as well and both are very good at it. Both are every down players without a ton of mileage or injury history.

The differences in the situations are pretty dramatic here. First off Minnesota is building a team that can win instead of grabbing a few guys to plug in here and there. Minnesota's line is going to be scary this year, especially on the left side. Two of the big losses for SA and LJ are gains for Taylor in this case (Hutchinson and Richardson). Minnesota's defense will be a top 10 group at minimum, mark my words here. And the QB position is much better off than it has been in Oakland for a few years now. Brad Johnson may not be sexy, but he is playing bored which means that everything is coming easy for him. Sustained drives (something that Oakland couldn't do), playing in a pretty defensively challenged division, (Chicago got eaten up the other night on the ground so they aren't perfect either) and a RB friendly scheme and you have the makings of a top 10 RB at bare minimum.

Don't look at the preseason as a gauge. He has had some nice runs called back for ticky tack bull crap and the line is still gelling. They will come together and he will be a great pick for what he will cost you. Add a bunch of questions about Portis (Duckett), Tiki (Jacobs), Jackson (Davis), and whatever else you want, he could sneak in there. I do think that Fason will spell him and Moore is gifted, but he can't stay healthy enough for them to even think about playing him. Looking at all the RBBC messes that are out there, if he gets 80% of the RB touches this year he could hit top 5.

Me & Shasha are s-m-r-t.

I love how many "group thinkers" their are in the world. It just makes it that much easier for guys like me & Shasha to take their $$$. So please, keep on laughin and posting your cute (re: no real actual information to contribute) little retorts.

So your really saying that you would take him at #4?? highly doubtful

no, thats absolutely not what i am saying. His ADP is somewhere in Rd 3-4, so i am saying that taking him in Rd2 is not as big a stretch as everyone thinks AND it would be a great value pick there. Remember, drafting is more about perceived and actual value and making the most of each pick. So, if everyone thinks a guy sucks and you dont, you can wait til later to get him.

And MDBomb, welcome to the site, and please do bookmark it.

I picked him up as a RB3 and as soon as the guy in front of me announced his pick I announced mine. No pause. :dunno:

Same, and as a RB3 with a decent RB4 most are looking good. If he's in a competition on your roster for RB2 you'll be ok IMO but if hes your #2 and you have no depth, your playing with fire.

Its early. This is his first offseason in this o and as the starter and in Minn. can we relax a little?

Me & Shasha are s-m-r-t.

I love how many "group thinkers" their are in the world. It just makes it that much easier for guys like me & Shasha to take their $$$. So please, keep on laughin and posting your cute (re: no real actual information to contribute) little retorts.

:( You didn't....

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

:dunno:

Naysayers,

How do you explain a career 4.4 YPC if Taylor has no talent or vision?

Love,

Raven

P.S.

Huchinson

Richardson

No more pencil

C.T. = Lamont Jordan of 2005. Book it right now.

Nice points. A few corrections: As someone said earlier, Fason is not undersized - he's a Moe Willaims-type bruiser with better speed. And he's not a rookie - he's in his 2nd year. And you mentioned that Hutchinson and McKinnie played on the right side of the line...they actually handle the LEFT side of the O-line. Not a big deal, but I figured I'd clear that part up.

Anyways, I'm a MN homer, so I like your take on Taylor. I didn't see a lot of him in Baltimore and from what I've seen in the pre-season, he hasn't looked good. But we should all take pre-season performances with a grain of salt. Also, I haven't watch the whole pre-season, but on the drive home today the sports talk radio show was talking about how the O-line hasn't played well at all. It'll take some time for them to fully gel, but I think they'll be just fine - they're all veterens, so they know how to adjust.

All in all, I like Taylor this year. The much improved O-Line, West Coast offensive-minded coach, addition of Tony Richardson, and the blocking ability of Jim Kliensasser at TE all equal a good year.

That said, I still wouldn't rank him #4 overall... :dunno:

He might be this year's Lamont Jordan, but that would not make him one of the top 4 players in fantasy and in the same league as the "big 3".

^^^ Great point...

I think Taylor is going to be mediocre at best. But her is something to chew on: Priest Holmes played in Baltimore for 4 years, and got some playing time due to injuries. Taylor played in Baltimore for 4 years and got some playing time for injuries (let the comparisons begin).

I have the #4 pick so I actually wanted to see this thread to see who this #4 stud who makes it the "big 4" really is.

Thanks so much - now I know to draft Chester at 4. :wall:

LOL

I have the #4 pick so I actually wanted to see this thread to see who this #4 stud who makes it the "big 4" really is.

Thanks so much - now I know to draft Chester at 4. :headbanger:

LOL

Only if Rudi goes in the top 3. ;)

Nice points. A few corrections: As someone said earlier, Fason is not undersized - he's a Moe Willaims-type bruiser with better speed. And he's not a rookie - he's in his 2nd year. And you mentioned that Hutchinson and McKinnie played on the right side of the line...they actually handle the LEFT side of the O-line. Not a big deal, but I figured I'd clear that part up.

Anyways, I'm a MN homer, so I like your take on Taylor. I didn't see a lot of him in Baltimore and from what I've seen in the pre-season, he hasn't looked good. But we should all take pre-season performances with a grain of salt. Also, I haven't watch the whole pre-season, but on the drive home today the sports talk radio show was talking about how the O-line hasn't played well at all. It'll take some time for them to fully gel, but I think they'll be just fine - they're all veterens, so they know how to adjust.

All in all, I like Taylor this year. The much improved O-Line, West Coast offensive-minded coach, addition of Tony Richardson, and the blocking ability of Jim Kliensasser at TE all equal a good year.

That said, I still wouldn't rank him #4 overall... :headbanger:

Thank you VikingGuy...now that is what i call a thinking mans post. I appreciate the corrections and the actual input. i agree, i said he was a #4 just to stir things up a bit. But, i still feel he is a great value at end of rd 2, beginning of rd3 (especially in a PPR league)

Thank you VikingGuy...now that is what i call a thinking mans post. I appreciate the corrections and the actual input. i agree, i said he was a #4 just to stir things up a bit. But, i still feel he is a great value at end of rd 2, beginning of rd3 (especially in a PPR league)

More like late RD 3, RD4. I've seen him go as low as RD6 in a 10 teamer I play in. That's why he's such a great value. By week 2-3, he could be a plug and play guy and allow you great trade flexibility.

I agree that he will be this years L Jordan and with a good chance to be better as he is on a better team that won't be playing from behind after the 1st Q.

Even if you're a Chester owner, it's still funny. Come on, #4 RB in fantasy????? I don't remember hearing anything about Minnesota being an offensive juggernaut.

Even if you're a Chester owner, it's still funny. Come on, #4 RB in fantasy????? I don't remember hearing anything about Minnesota being an offensive juggernaut.

didn't you hear that the love boat was real offensive? it was like "should i grab her jugs or not".

I think Taylor has plenty of ability, but I am not at all impressed with Minny's run blocking so far.

I do hope you're right, since I drafted Chester at 6.11, 41 picks later than his ADP. :headbanger: