Sign in to follow this  
Guest Davaco

Bush's intentions as clear as Joseph Stalin's

Guest Davaco

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/06/bus...eech/index.html

Secret prisions, torture, what a POS this president is. where was he on 9/10/01? allowing murders to happen is just like flying the planes yourself.

The CIA program has "saved innocent lives," the president said. way to circumvent the constitution. but what did you expect from someone that spies illigally and then says "u dont understand"

2008 here we come :wub:

Guest Davaco
He is still better than flip-flopping horseface and Captain The Sky is Falling.

as usual, no discussion on the topic, just "the dems did the same thing", "hes better than _____________",

anything new?

How about you shut the fock up you liberal puzzy? :wub:

as usual, no discussion on the topic, just "the dems did the same thing", "hes better than _____________",

anything new?

anything new?

Yeah. I got something new.

You suck ass.

oh, wait. That's not new.....

:wub:

Guest Davaco
Yeah. I got something new.

You suck ass.

oh, wait. That's not new.....

:cry:

:P

How about you shut the fock up you liberal puzzy? :P

You forgot to add, "Now watch this drive."

HTH

While I fully expected the jets24 response, I found Toro's "comeback" (if it can be called that) quite surprising. Toro's usually a bit saner than this.

Talk to me, Toro. Something is troubling you. Get it out in the open. The sooner you share your feelings the sooner it can be fixed (whatever "it" is). :banana:

I'm a Bush supporter. Always have been. I still completely support the Iraq War.

But this torture stuff is beginning to disgust me. I just read an ABC news report about "waterboarding" and other interogation techniches that Bush was (likely) refering to in his speach today. Even if you don't oppose it for moral reasons, they say the information obtained isn't all that reliable and the victims end up saying whatever they think the interigator wants to hear.

Do we really want to engage in that kind of crap? Does it really save enough lives to justify it's use? I'm starting to think - no.

:cheers:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/06/bus...eech/index.html

Secret prisions, torture, what a POS this president is. where was he on 9/10/01? allowing murders to happen is just like flying the planes yourself.

The CIA program has "saved innocent lives," the president said. way to circumvent the constitution. but what did you expect from someone that spies illigally and then says "u dont understand"

2008 here we come :cheers:

you cry too much :cry: :cry: :cry:

Variety of Interrogation Techniques Said to Be Authorized by CIA

September 06, 2006 2:47 PM

Waterboarding

While President Bush today would not divulge the details of the interrogation techniques that have been used on high-value detainees, such as the 9/11 attacks architect Khalid Sheikh Mohamed, current and former CIA officers had previously described these techniques to ABC News.

The officers told ABC News there was a list of six progressively harsher techniques that were authorized, with the prisoner always handcuffed.

The first -- the attention grab, involving the rough shaking of a prisoner.

Second -- the attention slap, an open-handed slap to the face.

Third -- belly slap, meant to cause temporary pain, but no internal injuries.

Fourth -- long-term standing and sleep deprivation, 40 hours at least, described as the most effective technique.

Fifth -- the cold room. Prisoners left naked in cells kept in the 50s and frequently doused with cold water.

The CIA sources say the sixth, and harshest, technique was called "water boarding," in which a prisoner's face was covered with cellophane, and water is poured over it (pictured above) -- meant to trigger an unbearable gag reflex.

New rules issued by the Pentagon today prohibit water boarding, though there was no clear acknowledgement that it was permitted previously.

CIA officers told ABC News that 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed lasted the longest under water boarding, two and a half minutes, before beginning to talk.

The Pentagon today also listed numerous other interrogation methods that will be banned.

--Interrogators may not force a detainee to be naked, perform sexual acts or pose in a sexual manner.

--They cannot use hoods or place sacks over a detainee's head or use duct tape over his eyes.

--They cannot beat or electrically shock or burn him or inflict other forms of physical pain, any form of physical pain.

--They may not use hypothermia or treatment which will lead to heat injury.

--They may not perform mock executions.

--They may not deprive detainees of the necessary food, water and medical care.

--They may not use dogs in any aspect of interrogations. (Dogs can be used legally by our military police for security, but not as an adjunct part of the interrogation process.)

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/0...ty_of_inte.html

I'm a Bush supporter. Always have been. I still completely support the Iraq War.

But this torture stuff is beginning to disgust me. I just read an ABC news report about "waterboarding" and other interogation techniches that Bush was (likely) refering to in his speach today. Even if you don't oppose it for moral reasons, they say the information obtained isn't all that reliable and the victims end up saying whatever they think the interigator wants to hear.

Do we really want to engage in that kind of crap? Does it really save enough lives to justify it's use? I'm starting to think - no.

:cheers:

how about the simple fact that torture is illegal, and the President refuses to acknowledge it? Doesn't that abuse of power rankle you at all?

[but glad to see you're pondering the subject...]

how about the simple fact that torture is illegal, and the President refuses to acknowledge it? Doesn't that abuse of power rankle you at all?

I think Bush really does believe that it's good for America. In his mind, "the ends justifies the means" so to speak. So when you say "abuse", I don't think Bush is trying to be a tyrant or anything. He really believes that bending those rules is good for America.

But like you said, it is illegal. And it's disgusting. I don't want the US to be associated with it. .... (I might consider it if it trully worked and really did save thousands of American lives, but according to many experts that's no gaurantee).

I think Bush really does believe that it's good for America. In his mind, "the ends justifies the means" so to speak.

I began questioning this long ago. but I am outright convinced that Bush doesn't give a rats ass about our country.

:(

I think....

CIA officers told ABC News that 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed lasted the longest under water boarding, two and a half minutes, before beginning to talk.

yes :thumbsdown:

[but glad to see you're pondering the subject...]

:unsure: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

Guest Davaco
as usual, no discussion on the topic, just "bush is a pos, bush is a torturer", "hes a murdering _____________",

the truth hurts.

he is the biggest butcher on the planet

I think....

yes :unsure:

and give false info, thats what tortue yields.

but they went to war on false info, so they must like it

the truth hurts.

he is the biggest butcher on the planet

and give false info, thats what tortue yields.

but they went to war on false info, so they must like it

Hey arsehole....where do you see a link to fake information?

as usual, no discussion on the topic, just "bush is a pos, bush is a torturer", "hes a murdering _____________",

There's been quite a bit of discussion on the topic in this thread. What are you reading?

The torture issue is a simple one for me: a) We don't want anyone to have justification to torture our soldiers so we simply CANNOT do it to them and :dunno: if we torture, we are no better than they are.

And for the ill-informed, information extracted through torture is notoriously unreliable...

Still trying to get Valerie Plame and her Iraqi Task Force office to provide the intelligence to support the invasion of Iraq that they had already been planning, I suppose.

One would think you would avoid the name "Plame" like the plague, since you have been proved the fool on anything and everything associated with "Plame". :thumbsup:

One would think you would avoid the name "Plame" like the plague, since you have been proved the fool on anything and everything associated with "Plame". :pointstosky:
Using that logic you'd have stopped posting on the geek club as you have been proven the fool on all things and everything. time and time again.

Using that logic you'd have stopped posting on the geek club as you have been proven the fool on all things and everything. time and time again.

Yeah, your 101 posts makes you an expert. :cry:

How about you back up your claim with some facts, sparky?

One would think you would avoid the name "Plame" like the plague, since you have been proved the fool on anything and everything associated with "Plame". :cheers:

Anyone who's spent more than 5 seconds at this board knows that you are the geek bored KING of /pwns, especially the self-inflicted variety. Given this obvious fact, one would not be the least bit surprised that you would go to the "Plame" well time and time again whenever torrid is around. :mad:

What terrorist attacks did Clinton stop? Sadly this isn't a perfect world. All it takes is a few maniacs with the will to hijack a plane.

I don't mind, in fact i support, our researchers :mad: getting information from those who are planning, and have planned and carried out, mass murder of you, me and all of our children, with whatever means are necessary, to stop them.

Get off your high horses, this is a war against a very large, idealogical, gang that knows no borders. And no matter how kind or so called "fair" you are to them, they'll slice your son's and daughter's throat when given the opportunity.

I'm a freshwater guy, not an ocean guy. What's the difference between waterboarding and surfboarding?