Sign in to follow this  
schizoid

Who got killed by a Td-less qb today?

The amount of potential fantasy starting qbs that didn't have a td today were astounding. Culpepper, green, bulger, Delhomme, hasslebeck, plummer, palmer.

If you started any of these players you were put at a great disadvantage this week. I personally started bulger against the great kurt warner. and i lost by 2 points. what a bummer.

i can relate to that. My starting qb was green, when I saw the replay and he started to run, i said this isn't good he is running and I'm sure he isn't going to make it 50 yards, please don't get hurt. My jaw dropped when I saw the hit, wow. At least I had the ravens defense so it didn't hurt to much. Now I just have to start looking for another qb.

Carson Palmer as my Qb - lost by a couple points.....

The real salt in the wound was going against Jeff Wilkins..... WHAT A JOKE....

lol. i hear you. considering i had bulger, every failed attempt at the 30 was simply painful.

I started *shudder* Simms. Good grief. Also Shaun Alexander AND Thomas Jones. Combine those scores and multipy by 2 and his kicker (Wilkins of course) still outscores them. I hate this game. :unsure:

Started Bulger and watched some of the game and I am looking at the WW. My BU gamble was Kitna. St L passing game looks like a HS team. They have no idea what they are doing. Thank God I did not draft Holt or Bruce.

Pennington, you are mine (from WW) and you and Coles will hopefully repeat your day often.

I started Delhomme. I went to the game, watched David Carr perform very efficiently, and came hom eot see he had outscored Delhomme by 13 points.

I am a Steve Smith owner as well. So I had to decide between Michael Clayton versus the Baltimore secondary or grab Chris Henry off the WW. I went with Henry. Neither would have helped me.

I had to play against the Wilkins owner. 21 friggin' points from a kicker. Now I know how people felt against me when I had Rackers all last year.

Even my bright spots are tinged with doubt. Deuce carried the ball 22 times, but didn't score a TD and fumbled. I should feel good that he got 22 touches, though. I benched Fred Taylor against the Dallas defense and he did well, but only after doing nothing for the entire first half. Dillon managed 10 points for me, but Maroney looked good. Edge scored 15.5 points for me, but averaged less than 3 YPC.

Ugh ... *chants* "it's only week one ... it's only week one ... it's only week one ..."

i LOVE ff...

week 1 nearly complete and guys are ready to jump on WW and nab the guys that were ripped on all preseason...

pennington for 1...

((I may also))

week 1 nearly complete and guys are ready to jump on WW and nab the guys that were ripped on all preseason...

pennington for 1...

((I may also))

They did play the TITANS so I'd hesitate on that one if I were you :rolleyes:

i started palmer and went against wilkins as well. u do the math. we both have 4 players playing today though and i'm down by 11 points.

he has LT, jordan moss and gates left :headbanger:

i have cooley, chestor, travis taylor, and chargers d left. :headbanger:

We start 2 QB's and my two that I started were Jake Plummer and Chris Simms. Let's just say that I would have been better off not starting any qb's this week. On the bright side I should most likely win this week bc the rest of my team blew up. Frank Gore, Donte Stallworth, Winslow, H ward, S Jackson, R Johnson, Chris Chambers, and A Johnson all decided they wanted to pick up the slack for my idiots at qb.

Hasnt anyone ever noticed that Bulger gets a ton of yards, but his TDs are very low for his yardage?

I took Palmer instead of Bulger this year.....yeah, that helped ALOT.... :banana:

I had Palmer and was able to watch the game. There was a lot of rain, which led to more running plays over passing plays.

Luckily I had the Ravens D to pick up the slack for Palmer.

For the past week I've been cursing myself for taking Hasselbeck instead of Palmer. Well, neither would have given me anything, so a lot I know!

If LT2 has a low game tonight, all people with the top 3 picks will be questioning themselves!

Bulger had a couple of open throws to the end zone and he totally missed them. Frustrating stuff, but talk about nobody having an idea....that would be Jake Plummer. What a fiasco! Bledsoe, Carr, Delhomme all stunk up stadiums.

Warner looked great, Grossman surprisingly good and both Mannings were solid. Not much else from QBs this week but some defenses exploded.

2 different leagues...

Palmer in one (with McNabb on my bench :banana: )

though, it was not just a TD less QB that killed me....not getting any from Palmer, Jackson, T. Jones, Holt, or Harrison in a TD scoring league pretty much sunk my ship...thankfully Josh Brown got me 9 so I did not get shut out.

Hasselbeck in the other (with Warner on my bench :wub: )

In Bulger's Defense.. there wasn't any INTs this week which is a +.. yes he had no TDs.. but there was not many mistakes and that StL D might be for real.....

Did you even watch this game?

Bulger sucked horribly. He was as good as Plummer. The only difference was when he threw a shitty pass no one was there to intercept it. And I doubt the stl D is for real, might be improved but not great. Plummer just played that bad. Was Miamis D for real last season? How about Cincis D from 3 years ago? Plummer has posted his worse games of the season when they start off on the road, and this year will be no different.

I had a TDless lineup

Palmer

Alexander

K Jones

Fitz

Jackson

Watson...

not one focking TD from that bunch. :bench:

I had a TDless lineup

Palmer

Alexander

K Jones

Fitz

Jackson

Watson...

not one focking TD from that bunch. :banana:

lol i had a TD-less ROSTER so far-starting line up and bench

10 team league

Bulger

S. Jackson, W. Parker, D. Foster, C. Taylor, C. Brown

T. Hold, J. Walker, A. Johnson, M. Jones, B. Edwards, D. Gabriel

B. Watson

only C. taylor stand between me and the entire roster being shut out of tds. Between 1 qb 4 starting running backs, 5 starting receivers, and one starting TE- zero tds. i didn't even know that was possible

I had a TDless lineup

Palmer

Alexander

K Jones

Fitz

Jackson

Watson...

not one focking TD from that bunch. :mad:

ouch :banana:

i went with delhomme who got me negative points. im up 15 by opponent has LT tonight. c'mon raider defense. oh, i also have gates tonight, c'mon raider run defense.

ouch :blink:

Here's the real rub, I played a guy who had as his starting RB's - drumroll please - Barber, Marion Barber that is, and Verand Morency... and I lost. :wall:

i can relate to that. My starting qb was green, when I saw the replay and he started to run, i said this isn't good he is running and I'm sure he isn't going to make it 50 yards, please don't get hurt. My jaw dropped when I saw the hit, wow. At least I had the ravens defense so it didn't hurt to much. Now I just have to start looking for another qb.

I also had T. Green as my QB but also had a bad D of TB :dunno: total points for both 2.

Plummer killed me, I don't mind him playing bad for 1 week, but playing so bad that he theoretically could lose his job hurts.

What a fiasco! Bledsoe, Carr, Delhomme all stunk up stadiums.

Did you just throw Carr's name in there to try and sound credible? If so, it's not working. Carr went 18/27 for 208 and 1 TD, 0 INT, with a 102 rating. It's probably the best game he's played since 2004.

Palmer did it to me this week and knocked me out the playoffs last year with teh same performance

haha i had the same situation. But i have warner as my backup...awsome good game.

I've already got the win on lockdown and still have LT working for me tonight to throw some salt in the wound!