Sign in to follow this  
DrJ

Bears 34, Lions 3

I'd ask you if you ever shut up but we all know the only thing fat chicks love more then food is talking. I've seen the pics over there in the geek club. A bunch of 35_ year old broads with perms who still think they're 20 years old. You're not kidding anyone sweetheart.

You really need to re-read #2 yourself since you're so good at following the rules. it says "NO RETALIATION". I'm sure you've heard the term "the pot calling the kettel black".

anyways... DETROIT 17 CHICAGO 7

:cheers:

If I ever shut up! I posted 2 other times unlike you who goes on and on about themselves. I am not near being 35 or fat or has a perm. But since you are pushing me into this to defend my self, I am actually an athlete who is competitive and happens to like football like most of my girl friends aside from being 5' 5", 130 lbs with straight light brown hair. I don't need to kid anyone as I don't go around posting in threads about how great I am. I have something called self confidence. Now go back to beating off.

If I ever shut up! I posted 2 other times unlike you who goes on and on about themselves. I am not near being 35 or fat or has a perm. But since you are pushing me into this to defend my self, I am actually an athlete who is competitive and happens to like football like most of my girl friends aside from being 5' 5", 130 lbs with straight light brown hair. I don't need to kid anyone as I don't go around posting in threads about how great I am. I have something called self confidence. Now go back to beating off.

We're here to talk about fantasy football fatty. Not only have you not posted anything football related in this thread you came in for the sole purpouse of retaliating. Atleast I wrote 5 or 6 complete paragraphs of actual football content before I took my shots at the Bears fans. Nobody cares about your personal life or what you pretend to look like. I mean, jesus you're pathetic. You sit here and play holier than thou and talk about people "going on about themselves" and "retaliating" then you turn around and do the exact same thing. You might want to have your doctor up your paxil or whatever meds you take for your mental illness. It's obviously not doing a lick of good. I'll go ahead and promise you I will NOT post anything further in this thread. I know how much you're aching to get the last word in so I'll give you that ribbon.

God bless women. They make even us crazy guys seem so mentally stable. :banana:

LIONS 17 BEARS 7 (and if we lose I'll eat my humble pie)

Quick: Name the bears' #2 receiver-sucks Quick: Name the bears' tight end: sucks. Quick: How many games has Rex Grossman started in 3 years? Quick: How many teams sit their #4 overall pick because he's a tool and can't beat out a journeyman running back with no speed? Quick: How many offensive players did the bears draft to shore up a weak offense? Quick: Where would you rank the bears' division?

LT2 and Chris Collinsworth? Well that settles it.

Let's look at skill positions for each likely division winner:

N.E: Brady, Dillion/Maroney, T. Brown, Jackson/Caldwell/Gabriel, Ben W.

Pitt: Big Ben, Fast Willie, H. Ward, C. Wilson, Heath M. or Cinn: Palmer,Rudi, C. Johnson, Housh, R. Kelly

Indy: Manning, Marvin, Wayne, D. Clark

Den: Plummer, Bell, R. Smith, J. Walker, S. Alexander or S.D.: Rivers, LT, McCardell,Parker, Gates

NYG: Manning, Tiki, Plax, Toomer,Shockey or Dal: Bledsoe, Jones, T.O., Glenn, Witten

Chi: Grossman, Jones/Benson, Mush, Berrian?, D. Clark

Car: Delhomme, Foster, S. Smith, Keyshawn, Mangum or Atl: Vick,Dunn, Jenkins,White, Crumpler

Sea: Hass., Alexander, DJax, Branch, Stevens/Mili

Are the bears better at the skill positions than any of those teams? Probably not. It's as simple as that.

Good luck.

Fortunately for the Bears, they have a defense that can shut down any offense in the game. They have a good offensive line, two solid RB's, and a legit #1 WR. Bottom line, they are a SuperBowl "contender".

nah, no violence. each of us owes the others a round of beers for the entertainment each of us provides the others on this board :thumbsup:

Well Said Swamp. I gain more respect for you every post.

I wouldn't begin to argue the history of my Detroit Lions. All you have to do is look at the record books.

I started this season with no expectations of my Lions. 4-5 victories would probably be reasonable, 7-8 would be fairly successful (for the Lions). Last week's game gave all of us reason to hope. No, I don't believe that we are ready to declare ourselves division champs or anything close to a playoff team. But let me tell you Bears fans one thing for sure, if the Lions offense can improve on last week's performance and the defense can repeat last week's performance this game will be much closer than any of you expect. I have a lot of respect for the Bears team and right now they are certainly the strongest team in the division. They could even be a contender for the NFC Conference Championship. We all know that there are still 15 games for each team to play this season. Let's see how this one goes!

I predict the Bears do not cover the spread.

This may be the first reasonable post in this thread. I disagree with your prediction, but i am sure I am in the 50% of people who disagree. ;)

Fortunately for the Bears, they have a defense that can shut down any offense in the game. They have a good offensive line, two solid RB's, and a legit #1 WR. Bottom line, they are a SuperBowl "contender".

I didn't denigrate their defense in any way. It is good. Tho O-line is o.k.-agreed. The rb's are o.k. Mushin is not a #1 receiver. He's a #2 receiver for whom the bears stupidly paid #1 money. Yes he's a #1 on the bears by default. And let's not forget the skill position comparison I listed earlier. The bears' skill positions don't compare favorably with other 'contenders'. That's just the way it is. A division title and a first round playoff win/bye is a success for such a team. To think/believe that such a team is going any farther is simply unrealistically optimistic or just ignores the offense's limitations.

Based on the proposed wins in the NFC central perhaps yes. If they were an NFC East team not likely.

Kitna's a bit better at driving the offensive ship, and Grossman has some things to prove...yet.

Detroit's D was surprising at home, hopefully they can carry that for four mental quarters on the road.

After week one, game planning with some tape will help... Parhaps this week we'll really begin to see how good or bad both teams are.

a lot of people mouthing off about detroit are idiots who have never set foot inside the city--let alone downtown detroit. or they "think they have" (spent a half-day there for a convention ten years ago or something).

i was just in downtown detroit last weekend. had a great time. comerica and ford field are side-by-side, lots of cool bars and restaurants, and you can scoot across the bridge to windsor and back easily.

and burbs are going on.

not saying detroit, like any city, doesn't have its problems. but the idiocy in this thread is pretty funny.

back to the game:

1) roy williams: roy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. the door opened after martz chewed him out and there were the reporters. roy should have just licked his wounds and left. that aside, he didn't say anything earth shattering. he didn't demand the ball; he didn't pull out a list of the cbs on the bears and say he had called vasher ala chad. he simply said--from a team concept, mind you--that he felt the lions were getting there and that they'd win. big deal. the real issue here? bear fans are ultra sensitive about "respect." they feel they're getting cheated in that department by everybody ("poor us--we're super bowl contenders and no one else knows it") and thus they go ballistic anytime anyone predicts anything for them other than 16-0 and a super bowl. blah, blah, blah. take a pill.

2) the lions. i think lion fans are feeling relieved that the buying into marinelli by the players is happening much quickly than expected. one of the keys to the lions season has always been how quickly the players would respond. everyone--me included--said over the summer that this team was going to get off to a slow start. but at some point this season the team was going to start turning the corner and buying into marinelli. *when that occurs* was going to be the key whether the lions had another losing season or whether they had a chance to put a few more wins on the board this year.

i think most lion fans were surprised and happy to see the defense play the way they did in week 1--which seems to indicate that the learning curve and the buying into marinelli is happening much more quickly than expected. the offense? no surprise there: martz's system is complicated and it's going to take awhile.

overall? i think the lions are ahead of where i thought they'd be by about a month or two. if so, that's promising for their competitiveness this fall.

as for this week? nothing's changed in the prognosis: the bears are heavily favored and should be expected to win this game. the lions still have growing pains to get through yet.

I think you are taking way too much out of the first game of a long season.

l.They can dish it out but they can't take it.

Says the guy who bashed an entire section of this country then whine when people slammed back at him?

And you are talking to swamp...the king of dishing it out and never taking it well.

Do you want to know the over/under on when he will make his annual departure from the board....it has become more regular than old faithful.

It is personal when you call people from the Midwest armpitters and did so several times at that.

You are obviously really not liked in this pond so fish somewhere else. There you go again with the name calling and retailation again in calling me a fatty. You couldn't be further from the truth in that statement by the way. You do not know who I am or what I look like since I have not said anything about myself unlike yourself who we all know about you now from your egotistical talking about yourself in this thread. If you want a picture I'll send you one. Keep that boner and when you get the picture you can jerk off to me. Reread your number 2 point again and go back to your Nintendo, Game Boy.

:wub:

A girl who likes fantasy football and stands up for herself quite well....hats off to you.

:cheers: :cheers:

Quick: Name the bears' #2 receiver-sucks Quick: Name the bears' tight end: sucks. Quick: How many games has Rex Grossman started in 3 years? Quick: How many teams sit their #4 overall pick because he's a tool and can't beat out a journeyman running back with no speed? Quick: How many offensive players did the bears draft to shore up a weak offense? Quick: Where would you rank the bears' division?

LT2 and Chris Collinsworth? Well that settles it.

Let's look at skill positions for each likely division winner:

N.E: Brady, Dillion/Maroney, T. Brown, Jackson/Caldwell/Gabriel, Ben W.

Pitt: Big Ben, Fast Willie, H. Ward, C. Wilson, Heath M. or Cinn: Palmer,Rudi, C. Johnson, Housh, R. Kelly

Indy: Manning, Marvin, Wayne, D. Clark

Den: Plummer, Bell, R. Smith, J. Walker, S. Alexander or S.D.: Rivers, LT, McCardell,Parker, Gates

NYG: Manning, Tiki, Plax, Toomer,Shockey or Dal: Bledsoe, Jones, T.O., Glenn, Witten

Chi: Grossman, Jones/Benson, Mush, Berrian?, D. Clark

Car: Delhomme, Foster, S. Smith, Keyshawn, Mangum or Atl: Vick,Dunn, Jenkins,White, Crumpler

Sea: Hass., Alexander, DJax, Branch, Stevens/Mili

Are the bears better at the skill positions than any of those teams? Probably not. It's as simple as that.

Good luck.

Is it all about who is better at the skill positions?

They have a better defense than all of those teams...it is as simple as that. It is that which gives them a chance.

Was Tampa better at the skill positions when they beat Oakland? Not even close...but they destroyed them.

Was Pitt better? Not totally...but they won with a better defense.

Baltimore? Nope

NE against the Rams? Nope

Need me to keep going?

Atleast I wrote 5 or 6 complete paragraphs of actual football content before I took my shots at the Bears fans. Nobody cares about your personal life or what you pretend to look like.

The first part of your first post in this topic was basically calling Bears fans classless...how is that about football?

And you...talking that nobody cares about your personal life? Ummm...you were the one who brought all of that up hypocrite....time to go back to the geek board...it is obvious that is the only place you belong.

I think you are taking way too much out of the first game of a long season.

Says the guy who bashed an entire section of this country then whine when people slammed back at him?

And you are talking to swamp...the king of dishing it out and never taking it well.

Do you want to know the over/under on when he will make his annual departure from the board....it has become more regular than old faithful.

:banana:

A girl who likes fantasy football and stands up for herself quite well....hats off to you.

:cry: :cry:

Is it all about who is better at the skill positions?

They have a better defense than all of those teams...it is as simple as that. It is that which gives them a chance.

Was Tampa better at the skill positions when they beat Oakland? Not even close...but they destroyed them.

Was Pitt better? Not totally...but they won with a better defense.

Baltimore? Nope

NE against the Rams? Nope

Need me to keep going?

This is simple. It's not ALL about skill positions but they must still be good.

It took Tampa years with that great defense to get past the NFC title game. They year they finally did it they actually had some offense. The starting qb from that team is still starting in the league and playing well.

Pitt. had a better running game than Seattle. That's correct. Their power running game, tested by tough matchups in their division, was better than Seattle's. Pitt's #1 receiver is generally regarded as being better than Seattle's. Pittsburgh actually won that game with big plays on offense (and the occasional bad call).

New England wasn't better in general at the skill positions than the Rams but they didn't have to be because the Rams D sucked. (Plus NE had a future hall of fame qb).

Baltimore is the lone exception where defense definitely won a Superbowl. Don't try to tell me that the bears D is equal to that D. Not even close. That Baltimore D didn't get to play the current vikes, lions, bears and packers twice. Nobody beat on that Ravens D. Last year when the bears faced a good offense they crumbled (i.e. Pittsburgh, Carolina).

And no, I'm not a lions fan.

sho:

the lions aren't going to quit on marinelli like they did on mooch. they believe in him. it goes beyond last week.

one of the big predictions by naysayers coming into this summer was "oh, those club med lions are going to revolt against marinelli's marine ways." hasn't happened. in fact, it's been just the opposite. the media has wanted to make a circus out of chuck and mike but the while that's been stealing all the headlines the rest of the team has been busting their azzes and rallying big-time around marinelli.

that it's happened this quickly is a good sign. again, that doens't mean there won't be bumps in the road--no one is saying the lions have "arrived" (lol). but rod's got them going in the right direction, if for no other reason than this team will hustle and not quit on him.

sho:

the lions aren't going to quit on marinelli like they did on mooch. they believe in him. it goes beyond last week.

one of the big predictions by naysayers coming into this summer was "oh, those club med lions are going to revolt against marinelli's marine ways." hasn't happened. in fact, it's been just the opposite. the media has wanted to make a circus out of chuck and mike but the while that's been stealing all the headlines the rest of the team has been busting their azzes and rallying big-time around marinelli.

that it's happened this quickly is a good sign. again, that doens't mean there won't be bumps in the road--no one is saying the lions have "arrived" (lol). but rod's got them going in the right direction, if for no other reason than this team will hustle and not quit on him.

You know they will not quit because of one game? Again, I think you are putting too much stock into the first game of the season.

You believe it has happened...does not make it so because of one real game...there will be bumps..to say they have completely bought in or are headed in any big direction at this point is jumping the gun.

That is all I am saying.

Same as those thinking hiring McCarthy was a mistake based on one regular season game.

You know they will not quit because of one game? Again, I think you are putting too much stock into the first game of the season.

You believe it has happened...does not make it so because of one real game...there will be bumps..to say they have completely bought in or are headed in any big direction at this point is jumping the gun.

That is all I am saying.

Same as those thinking hiring McCarthy was a mistake based on one regular season game.

well, we shall see :cheers:

Before I weigh in on a score, is this the Mini-Sized Bears Vs Detroit?

Is Ditka Mini as well?

My Score, Mini Bears 35 - Regular Sized Lions 3 - Mini Ditka's 72

:cheers: I can't believe you Lion's fans think 1 game changes Matt Millan's screw ball drafting scheme...

This is simple. It's not ALL about skill positions but they must still be good.

It took Tampa years with that great defense to get past the NFC title game. They year they finally did it they actually had some offense. The starting qb from that team is still starting in the league and playing well.

Pitt. had a better running game than Seattle. That's correct. Their power running game, tested by tough matchups in their division, was better than Seattle's. Pitt's #1 receiver is generally regarded as being better than Seattle's. Pittsburgh actually won that game with big plays on offense (and the occasional bad call).

New England wasn't better in general at the skill positions than the Rams but they didn't have to be because the Rams D sucked. (Plus NE had a future hall of fame qb).

Baltimore is the lone exception where defense definitely won a Superbowl. Don't try to tell me that the bears D is equal to that D. Not even close. That Baltimore D didn't get to play the current vikes, lions, bears and packers twice. Nobody beat on that Ravens D. Last year when the bears faced a good offense they crumbled (i.e. Pittsburgh, Carolina).

And no, I'm not a lions fan.

The Rams D sucked?

Funny...they were ranked 7th in the league in points against...3rd in yards against.

Or do you not like it when facts refute what you are saying?

Tampa won when they had the right coach and philosophy. They actually had a better offense the year before they won the super bowl...again...facts that refute what you are saying.

Baltimore is the only exception? It is has been a recurring theme lately that defense is winning ball games in this league. Yes, you need some offense. And Im not saying the Bears will win the whole thing...but to put it all on look at their skill positions? That is just a blatantly ignorant statement.

]

:cheers: I can't believe you Lion's fans think 1 game changes Matt Millan's screw ball drafting scheme...

Didn't you see how well Harrington, Charles Rogers, Pinner and Mike Williams played last Sunday?

Hopefully Martz will work some magic with what he was handed and the Lions can at least score a coupla points. Roy Will will score TD guarenteed!

Didn't you see how well Harrington, Charles Rogers, Pinner and Mike Williams played last Sunday?

Hopefully Martz will work some magic with what he was handed and the Lions can at least score a coupla points. Roy Will will score TD guarenteed!

He's scored 2 TD's in 5 games at Chicago.... I'd say the odds were against him...

Stats:

5 games 17 rec, 267 yds 2 TD's

He's scored 2 TD's in 5 games at Chicago.... I'd say the odds were against him...

Stats:

5 games 17 rec, 267 yds 2 TD's

er, roy had 6/90/1 in his last start in chicago.

"They believe in themselves. You can see it. Mike Martz is going to come down to the field. He didn't like it in the booth. I really believe that'll help the team. The players have such a confidence in this guy, and it's not just talk. If something goes wrong, they think he knows how to fix it. After they lost to the Seahawks, you could see it. It's just different. They were angry, but they knew they'd get the next one. "This team has a confidence that I have not seen in a long time."--Tom Kowalski (www.mlive.com)

for what it's worth (not much). still, this is a beat writer who has skewered the lions quite regularly in the past.

time to tuck in the son :banana:

You will never see a Lions fan start one of these threads. We have quite a bit more class and better things to do with our time. What we have on this site is a couple Bears fans who have an almost psychotic obsession with the Detroit Lions. I think it all ties back to Jim McMahon and the Superbowl Shuffle.

BTW: at what point did I fall into an episode of the Twilight Zone where the Bears can put up 34 points? There is no way the Bears DEF (as great as it is) is going to score 4 TD's. Everyone knows the offense isn't capable of putting up more then 10 so I think you guys are reaching a bit. The Lions might not win but the Care Bears aren't going to put up 34 points against ANYONE this season.

Worst case scenario... 20-10 Bears

Probable oucome... 17-7 Lions

So much for that worst case or probable outcome....

:rolleyes:

If the defense plays the way they did last week, it will be a competitive, low-scoring slugfest.

Congratulations on rolling over the 1-AA Green Bay Packers. It won't be so easy this week.

Looks pretty easy :huh:

Looks pretty easy :rolleyes:

If the Packers are 1-AA what does that make the Lions against the Bears right now?

Detroit has been quietly putting a quality defense together for the last few years. Nobody has noticed because their offense was so bad that they would get worn out every game because they were on the field most of the time. They have purged themselves of a lot of players that were poison, talented guys without character and have a hard working if unspectacular looking roster at this point. That is the hot new trend throughout the league and while it may not lead to a lot of victories, it does tend to lead to closer scores for some reason. Guys that aren't egotistical superstars in their own mind seem to play harder when things aren't going great and they are more team oriented. That is something they didn't have with all of those 1st round WR busts.

Considering they also have new schemes on both sides of the ball I expect to see them get better from here on out. Kitna is pretty good at taking care of the ball too, I don't see them throwing 3 INT's, maybe punting a lot but not making stupid turnovers that lead to easy points.

Grossman is the most overrated 1st year player ever, because that is about how much real experience he has. Do not fool yourself into thinking that GB's defense (or any part of that team) is a legitimate opponent to anyone other than the Raiders right now. GB is just bad and I am not talking about they will come around bad, they are terrible and the only good thing that comes out of this season is they will be able to fix their running game by drafting Adrian Petersen, though they won't for some reason. And don't forget that Detroit just kept the single season TD rusher of all time to 51 yds as well as kept Hasselbeck out of the endzone. Grossman couldn't carry Hasselbeck's jock without getting a sports hernia.

No way in hell that Chicago outscores them by 14, I see it being more like 17-13 with a mistake late in the game being the difference either way. The only real advantage I see is that Lovie knows Martz's offense very well. I actually think that one team has a great return to set up the go ahead score, I love both return teams.

^^ What an idiot. I'm eating my crow right now. :rolleyes:

Looks pretty easy :rolleyes:

Defense gave us hope last week shutting down a very good offense.

They certainly aren't playing like they were last week.

:huh:

Good luck.

Hey mckracken, I hope you are done posting after such a stupid post, that was proven wrong in the 1st half of the game.

Now go get your shine box and get to work.

you have lost all credibility of your football knowledge which you have successfully proven you have none of, you are dead to this board.....

LOL

BTW: at what point did I fall into an episode of the Twilight Zone where the Bears can put up 34 points? There is no way the Bears DEF (as great as it is) is going to score 4 TD's. Everyone knows the offense isn't capable of putting up more then 10 so I think you guys are reaching a bit. The Lions might not win but the Care Bears aren't going to put up 34 points against ANYONE this season.

:(

Post of the week

time to tuck in the son :(

i predicted an 0-2 start last april.

the problem with you is that you read what you want to read and ignore more everything else and then simply make up shiat after that.

i really don't care--just pointing out the obvious to you.

after last week, you are over-due to shut the fock up. permanently.

free tip. see you in week 3 :dunno:

Hey swamp, I'd say you're over-due to shut the fock up. permanently.

You're welcome for the tip.

You will never see a Lions fan start one of these threads. We have quite a bit more class and better things to do with our time. What we have on this site is a couple Bears fans who have an almost psychotic obsession with the Detroit Lions. I think it all ties back to Jim McMahon and the Superbowl Shuffle.

:cry:

LOL mobb_deep you have 0 credibility when it comes to football knowledge. If you are going to continue to post here please do some homework, so you wont make yourself sound like such an idiot. Most of the people here are some what intelligent when it comes to football, you have proven that you are not one of those people.

Your Cowardly Lions got smoked today by a score of 34-7. I know it was against a 1AA team but you said ANYONE.

So go get your shinebox and get busy. Your new name is Spitshine Tommy.

Hey swamp, I'd say you're over-due to shut the fock up. permanently.

You're welcome for the tip.

now now: you know what mike has said about such shenanigans :banana:

:(

"A girl who likes fantasy football and stands up for herself quite well....hats off to you."

:doublethumbsup: :D

Thanks Sho! It is the lawyer in me and the fact that the guy lays way to much out there that I (not to mention the others here who have had their way with him) just could not refuse to jump all over

:P

We all know who really won

:P