Sign in to follow this  
Ricky's Swami

ROY WILLIAMS

:lol:

I predict he finishes the season on the bench, and is traded away during the off season.... :bandana:

:lol:

I predict he finishes the season on the bench, and is traded away during the off season.... :bandana:

With the news that DET is now showing interest in Jerry Porter, that may not be too far from plausible. It's crazy to think that a team that spent 3 years in a row of 1st round picks on WRs would have Mike Furrey as their best WR.

I'm hearing they're looking to move him to QB, so they can draft brady quinn to be their #1 wr next year...

ROY WILLIAMS = :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last week against the best "D" in the league and after calling them out still produced 6 receptions for 71 yards which was worth 13pts in my league scoring. Solid not spectacular I know. But I will take that for my 3rd reciver with the potential for huge games against the likes of GB.

Not only will I stay on the Roy Willams fan bus, I'll drive it to the :first:

With the news that DET is now showing interest in Jerry Porter, that may not be too far from plausible. It's crazy to think that a team that spent 3 years in a row of 1st round picks on WRs would have Mike Furrey as their best WR.

While Williams does bear some accountability for his current situation, most of the blame lies on the organizations inability to give him a quality QB or decent threat opposite him. Roy is a top talent, no question, and on a team like the Giants for instance, he is likely a top 3 WR. But as a Lion, he is unreliable, and a disaster in the making.

The best he can hope for is a trade to get the hell out, and that would benefit the FF community as well.

Only good things ahead for Roy. Kitna's only going to get better, and you know they're going to be throwing a whole lot. Buy Roy now!

Yes, in fact, Roy himself guarantees he will score close to 40 pts per game average for any owner of him fantasy leagues (because although he only averages about 8, in his mind, 8 is really close to 40).

swami:

roy's on pace--right now, without doing anything more than eliciting geek contempt for what he says off the field--on pace for 90 catches.

don't confuse football with fantasy football. two different animals. roy will be fine in an ff sense.

no one is confusing the lions with a super bowl team, on the other hand the bridge jumpers need to get a grip: martz's offense has a learning curve to it and they played a super bowl defense in week 1 and the bears defense in the bears home opener in week 2. kitna had 97 passer rating last week. it hasn't clicked yet, but it will get better.

if you don't have roy, but him cheap from ray for a kicker and laugh at him later.

swami:

roy's on pace--right now, without doing anything more than eliciting geek contempt for what he says off the field--on pace for 90 catches.

don't confuse football with fantasy football. two different animals. roy will be fine in an ff sense.

no one is confusing the lions with a super bowl team, on the other hand the bridge jumpers need to get a grip: martz's offense has a learning curve to it and they played a super bowl defense in week 1 and the bears defense in the bears home opener in week 2. kitna had 97 passer rating last week. it hasn't clicked yet, but it will get better.

if you don't have roy, but him cheap from ray for a kicker and laugh at him later.

Thanks Swamp Dog! :doublethumbsup:

I know this is boardering on Help Board material but the price for me to acquire Roy Williams is Kevin Jones.

Would you trade Kevin Jones for Roy Williams?

Here the deal...

-12 Man League

-I'm 0-2

-My starting RBs are Ronnie and Bush

-My back up RBs would be Jacobs, Musa and C. Cobbs (if I trade away KJ).

-My WR core is questionable with Bryant, Colston, Mason, Evans, C. Henry

Basically, I'd be hurting my RB depth to improve my starting lineup at WR from Mason/Evans to Roy.

Do you pull the trigger on the trade?

Thanks!

Thanks Swamp Dog! :headbanger:

I know this is boardering on Help Board material but the price for me to acquire Roy Williams is Kevin Jones.

Would you trade Kevin Jones for Roy Williams?

Here the deal...

-12 Man League

-I'm 0-2

-My starting RBs are Ronnie and Bush

-My back up RBs would be Jacobs, Musa and C. Cobbs (if I trade away KJ).

-My WR core is questionable with Bryant, Colston, Mason, Evans, C. Henry

Basically, I'd be hurting my RB depth to improve my starting lineup at WR from Mason/Evans to Roy.

Do you pull the trigger on the trade?

Thanks!

Swamp - you out there???

Swamp - you out there???

jones had 12 carries only last week. some of that is getting behind really early. but how much of that is martz's offense? i don't know.

at this point, given what we know today, i'd make the trade...though you don't have a lot of rb depth. but i think roy's ceiling is higher in martz's offense than is jones'.

but i'd trade to get roy more than cheaply than that. look at the venom at roy in this thread: use that negative hyperbole to your advantage.

If you would have asked me this question pre-season, I would have put big money on him finishing top 5. Guess not. I have always been a big Mike Martz guy. He turned water into wine several times, Trent Green, Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, even that Fitz kid looked decent. I figured if he would be money if he went somewhere that all ready had talent and had a tough vet like Kitna.

The team has looked like garbage so far. Both sides of the ball suck. Millen is still there. These problems wont go away until Millen does.

Roy hit the WW in one of my leagues this week. Owner didn't even shop him so I think he's retarded. He could have gotten something for him. But that does tell you how low of an opinion some people have of that O.

I think he is a top 20 guy. Martz will chuck it and someone has to catch it once in a while.

Roy hit the WW in one of my leagues this week. Owner didn't even shop him so I think he's retarded. He could have gotten something for him. But that does tell you how low of an opinion some people have of that O.

I think he is a top 20 guy. Martz will chuck it and someone has to catch it once in a while.

I'll drink that kool-aid. Traded Duece McAllister for Roy a couple days ago. Dynasty. I had drafted Roy as a rookie and last year traded him away late in the season for Frank Gore. :thumbsup:

swami:

Check your math - 9 catches over 2 games is a 72 rec pace, not 90.

72-856-0 is his current pace.

Just for sh!ts and giggles:

Mush: 80-1288-0

Berrian: 48-1104-16

Grossman: 4408 yds, 40 Tds, 8 INTs :thumbsdown:

Kitna did have a high rating, but that doesnt make him effective. He threw alot of high percentage short passes and he seemed tentative to throw down field. Maybe this was by design because of the pass rush, but that style does not bode well for a WRs big play ability.

I wouldnt dump Roy nor would I attempt to trade for him. if you drafted him stick with it and hope things improve.

I'd pull the trigger because if martz's offense gets rolling it is not going to be on the ground. Maybe look at Buckhalter since westbrook's knee isn't getting any better.

Just as I said in the offseason....Roy will be a solid WR if he stays healthy.....people drafting him for hopes of top 10 numbers were/are stupid....

He will be a decent number 2...

75 catches 900yds and 7 TDs....

martz's offense has a learning curve to it and....it will get better.

The next time I hear this I'm gonna scream.

Funny, but during Martz's first season in St. Louis the offense clicked from the start with a stock boy at QB and a rookie at WR (Holt). There seemed to be no learning curve there. That team got out the gates quickly by thrashing the Ravens at home and winning their first 6 games while averaging 35 points a game.

And coaching changes haven't put a damper on other teams this year. The Niners have adapted to Norv Turner ok, the Vikings seem to have grasped Brad Childress' offense, and even the Saints have produced offensively so far with a new coach.

The bottom line is talent wins out in the NFL, not some "genius" coach who thinks his sh!t doesn't stink. The Lions simply don't have the talent. Period. Point blank. End of story.

Funny, but during Martz's first season in St. Louis the offense clicked from the start with a stock boy at QB and a rookie at WR (Holt). There seemed to be no learning curve their. That team got out the gates quickly by thrashing the Ravens at home and winning their first 6 games while averaging 35 points a game.

And coaching changes haven't put a damper on other teams this year. The Niners have adapted to Norv Turner ok, the Vikings seem to have grasped Brad Childress' offense, and even the Saints have produced offensively so far with a new coach.

The bottom line is talent wins out in the NFL, not some "genius" coach who thinks his sh!t doesn't think. The Lions simply don't have the talent. Period. Point blank. End of story.

Bang on.

have patience. They just need 1 more solid receiver to put that Martz O over the top! Just 1 more, must have 1 more. They're on pace for the Calvin Johnson sweepstakes. Then watch Roy's stock rise rise rise!!!

Roy Williams is a freak of nature. Teams are on the double with this guy which tells u the potential he has. Lions have picked 3 first rounders and 2 so far have ended up on the bench or gone, this tells you there is something wrong with the lions not the WR.

Hopefully Hakim will take some pressure of Roy Williams.

For those who dropped Roy to Waivers then they are a complete idiot or their league sucks and is in a 5 team manager league somehow. Roy's the number receiver on the team. I don't care who the receiver is but if their the primary WR, keep the guy.

Roy Williams will be a top 10 WR if he had some help at WR, he's been double covered and keyed on every game because the other Detroit WR suck! for gods sake they picked up rethread Hakim and are looking at Jerry Porter. Martz may be a genius but you got to have talent to compete, Lions got crap.

Roy Williams is a freak of nature.

This is probably the most overused metaphor in sports. About 90% of professional atheletes are "freaks of nature." And quite frankly, I'm not so sure what makes Roy so "freakish." Sure he's 6-3 and 215 lbs.; that describes 50% of the WRs in the league.

So please, lay off this dead horse of a description.

martz's offense has a learning curve to it and they played a super bowl defense in week 1 and the bears defense in the bears home opener in week 2. kitna had 97 passer rating last week. it hasn't clicked yet, but it will get better.

Swampie...please. If I recall correctly, in the preseason you were driving the Martz bandwagon "choo choooooo!".

Wasn't that you talking about with the talent at WR and Martz at the helm that would be an explosive offense?

I always thought that learning curve took place in the preseason. Maybe it's a talent curve the Lions are having issues with? :banana:

Gotta agree with Scooter What the hell were the Lions doing all training camp, they just don't have the talent

3 blown first round draft picks = no offense.

Funny, but during Martz's first season in St. Louis the offense clicked from the start with a stock boy at QB and a rookie at WR (Holt). There seemed to be no learning curve there. That team got out the gates quickly by thrashing the Ravens at home and winning their first 6 games while averaging 35 points a game.

That's because Martz was fortunate enough to take over the team that Vermiel built and he's been riding that "genius" reputation ever since. I hope every Christmas Martz sends Vermiel a thank you card. :banana:

Roy Williams will be a top 10 WR if he had some help at WR, he's been double covered and keyed on every game because the other Detroit WR suck! for gods sake they picked up rethread Hakim and are looking at Jerry Porter. Martz may be a genius but you got to have talent to compete, Lions got crap.

Unless they are playing the bears Chargers Ravens or Jags (because of how much blitzing) the number 1 on any team will see double teams most of the game....good WRs find away to beat them....

Unless they are playing the bears Chargers Ravens or Jags (because of how much blitzing) the number 1 on any team will see double teams most of the game....good WRs find away to beat them....

As do smart coaches. Neither seems to be the case here.

"For those who dropped Roy to Waivers then they are a complete idiot or their league sucks and is in a 5 team manager league somehow."

Allways amazed how idiots can make blanket statements like this w/o knowing scoring system, roster requirements etc. Hey, DaBurgh, your free Yahoo league with strangers is a stupid league and your butt is big and your butt stinks and you love to smell your big, stinky butt......

Vince freakin Lombardi couldn't win with this team.

completely irrelevant to fantasy football--which is the only thing this thread is about: roy's ff value. in fact, it's probably more beneficial to roy's stats if the lions are behind a lot and have to throw it all day.

completely irrelevant to fantasy football--which is the only thing this thread is about: roy's ff value. in fact, it's probably more beneficial to roy's stats if the lions are behind a lot and have to throw it all day.

Okay Man, another question to gage his value - would you rather have or trade for:

Roy Williams or Darrell Jackson?

Swampie...please. If I recall correctly, in the preseason you were driving the Martz bandwagon "choo choooooo!".

Wasn't that you talking about with the talent at WR and Martz at the helm that would be an explosive offense?

I always thought that learning curve took place in the preseason. Maybe it's a talent curve the Lions are having issues with? :thumbsup:

um, in preseason i predicted an 0-2 start, a slow start for both the offense and the defense. i also predicted the lions to finish 3rd.

i did predict roy to finish top-10 and even have a shot at top-5 if all the planets aligned correctly. while i'm sure that'll cause some snickers from the premature ejaculators in this thread after week 2, i said it and i'll of course stand by it.

regardless of that prediction, it's simply silly to put a guy like roy on waivers after week 2.

mike martz is as much a genius as steve spurrier is a genius.

if martz had been some college wiz who came to the nfl and flopped completely in the nfl, you'd have a valid comparison.

unfortunately for your comparison, martz has a laundry list of accomplishments with his nfl offenses.

i dont think Roy will do much vs al harris....

more action for the lions 2nd or 3rd wide out...but not roy...