Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Syringes

Stingrays seem to be getting organized, improving aim

Guest Davaco

I suspect that they have been killing people all the time, but we will just hear it about it more cuz a famous person died from their barb. ;)

81 year old outlasted steve irwin?

I think when that Stingray took out Irwin, it gave the other Stingrays the confidence to start standing up for themselves.

Now that they know they can beat us, this will start happening more and more.

When I was young at my yacht club we were taught that rays are dangerous and to stay away from them. They also LOOK dangerous.

Swimming with rays = :dunno:

When I was young at my yacht club we were taught that rays are dangerous and to stay away from them. They also LOOK dangerous.

Swimming with rays = :dunno:

When I was 13 I was fishing for flounder from a boat. I happend to catch a skate. Not an ice skate, but one of these. Scarriest thing in my life to that point. What a scary looking mofo it was and I would NEVER go swimming near them, let alone with them. Let's face it, people get what they ask for.

Swimming with rays = :rolleyes:

yacht club, well la-di-da

81 year old outlasted steve irwin?

I don't think the old guy tried to pull the barb out whereas Steve did.

More people are going to die unless we get the word out: if stung by a ray, do not attempt to remove the barb yourself. That's what medical professionals are for.

When I was 13 I was fishing for flounder from a boat. I happend to catch a skate. Not an ice skate, but one of these. Scarriest thing in my life to that point. What a scary looking mofo it was and I would NEVER go swimming near them, let alone with them. Let's face it, people get what they ask for.

Ever been fishing in Boston Harbor? I caught a skate and a boot. Seriously, a boot.

As for "freak occurrences" - “It was a freak accident,” said Lighthouse Point acting fire Chief David Donzella. “It’s very odd that the thing jumped out of the water and stung him. We still can’t believe it.” - can you really say its a freak occurrence when it's happened twice in one month? A freak occurrence is a pink Brontosaurus asking me for a sip of my latte as I paddle a kayak to Ireland - not two stingray barb stabbings in one month.

Considering that these things are "bottow dwellers," it seems like you would have found something in common with it as well as a new thing to shove up your ass.

:thumbsdown:

Considering that these things are "bottow dwellers," it seems like you would have found something in common with it as well as a new thing to shove up your ass.

:thumbsup:

Your wife's fingers are still keeping my satisfied. I think she made meatloaf after she saw me last time.

Ever been fishing in Boston Harbor? I caught a skate and a boot. Seriously, a boot.

The forerunner of the MBTA.

Sliiiiiiiiiiiide, Stomp.

Sliiiiiiiiiiiide, Stomp.

Sliiiiiiiiiiiide, Stomp.

Honestly, the lengths some people will go to to get around for free. :huh:

It takes to long to say "Stab you in the frickin heart ray"

Quality ;)

There's an even more sinister angle to this. :dunno:

The ray leapt out of the water and INTO the boat.

This was a suicide stingray stinging. Possibly the first of many thousands to come.

Isn't the Eagle Ray in the current news story beautiful? The Eagle Ray is a type of bat ray. They flap their "wings" like a bird and are quite fast and powerful. One pulled me and my 12 foot boat down Newport Harbor so fast we left a wake (illegal speed inside the harbor).

Stingrays don't flap their "wings", they just kind of ripple along the edges of their bodies. I knew about the danger of getting killed by rays before the Ewin death. If you get hit in the leg, you are fine. If you pee on the wound or apply body temperature water, the pain will go away. The slime that carries the toxin means that there is a good chance of infection and you need to see a doc. If you get hit in the chest (like when you swim along the bottom) it may stop your heart.

I caught a lot of stingrays and only one was aggressive. I cut off the stinger, which is only held on to the body by a very small amount of tissue. When I touched the stinger, my finger started to burn instantly.

This guy's family goes to my church. :dunno: Unreal.

each post makes me :thumbsdown:

More people are going to die unless we get the word out: if stung by a ray, do not attempt to remove the barb yourself.

This goes for most things sticking out of your chest that shouldn't be there.

Their will be a name change to stingsteves...

:huh: