Sign in to follow this  
Catechuman

How long before NL wakes up and smells the roses and stops making the pitcher hit?

Since 1973 AL has won 20 of 33 World Series(after Detroit wins this year). Pitchers are almost an automatic out 8 out 10 times so screw tradition. :banana: :banana: :first:

The DH may be the stupidest rule in all of sports. Why not just have the top five hitters hit? :first:

Maybe pitchers should become better batters.

:first:

it really doesn't make much sense.

They hit in high school, they used to hit in college. Does it really take that much away from letting them HIT? give me a focking break.

it really doesn't make much sense.

They hit in high school, they used to hit in college. Does it really take that much away from letting them HIT? give me a focking break.

Isn't Roger Clemens a decent hitter?

There are lots of pitchers out there who are decent hitters.

Isn't Roger Clemens a decent hitter?

There are lots of pitchers out there who are decent hitters.

Decent? Ever see Clemens swing the bat? He looks like a girl playing softball for the 1st time.

Mike Hampton? Now there's a pitcher that can hit :mad:

Dontrelle isn't bad either. I even think they may have even used him as a PH once. :lol: Who can blame them with that line up though.... :(

I like the pitchers hitting. Adds such a great dynamic to the game.

Do you keep a picther in when it's his turn to hit when hes throwing well but the bases are loaded with two out?

What about if you have a pitcher who is getting a little tired? Do you keep him in one extra inning knowing the pitcher is due to bat that inning? Especially if your middle relief is weak? Does the other manager see this move and now pinch hit for his pitcher, even if no one is on base just to tire out the pitcher?

Plus, the pitcher hitting almost by rule makes teams manufacture runs more often, as the pitcher almost always is asked to bunt with less than 2 out. I like manufactured runs in baseball.

In the AL, it's automatic. You basically keep your pitcher in until he shows some slow down.

The NL makes it much more intriguing.

Plus when a pitcher does get a hit:

1) It makes the opposing pitcher feel like a total LOSER(which is nice)

2) It's exciting as hell.

Top 10 NL pitchers with at least 10 AB's

B Bannister 12 AB's .333

J Vargas 16 AB'S .313

E Gonzalez 32 AB'S .281

M Mulder 25 AB'S .280

C Park 41 AB'S .268

J Thomson 30 AB'S .267

C Marmol 23 AB'S .261

J Wright 47 AB'S .255

S Ponson 13 AB'S .231

E Milton 49 AB'S .224

wow thats impressive ;) If the pitch well they may actually get to hit 3 times in the game. :huh: :clap:

Do you keep a picther in when it's his turn to hit when hes throwing well but the bases are loaded with two out?

What about if you have a pitcher who is getting a little tired? Do you keep him in one extra inning knowing the pitcher is due to bat that inning? Especially if your middle relief is weak? Does the other manager see this move and now pinch hit for his pitcher, even if no one is on base just to tire out the pitcher?

Plus, the pitcher hitting almost by rule makes teams manufacture runs more often, as the pitcher almost always is asked to bunt with less than 2 out. I like manufactured runs in baseball.

In the AL, it's automatic. You basically keep your pitcher in until he shows some slow down.

:clap:

Since 1973 AL has won 20 of 33 World Series(after Detroit wins this year). Pitchers are almost an automatic out 8 out 10 times so screw tradition. :blink: :blink: :P

so it's .5 less then your avg hitter

Do you think that over the years the AL has developed better pitchers because of the DH? I think that the AL pitchers are simply tougher because they've become conditioned to face nine hitters day in and day out whereas NL pitchers only face eight hitters in a typical ballgame. Guess you could say that NL pitchers have possibly grown a little "soft" due to the fact that they have an easier go of it in general over the course of a 162 game schedule. :doublethumbsup:

Do you think that over the years the AL has developed better pitchers because of the DH? I think that the AL pitchers are simply tougher because they've become conditioned to face nine hitters day in and day out whereas NL pitchers only face eight hitters in a typical ballgame. Guess you could say that NL pitchers have possibly grown a little "soft" due to the fact that they have an easier go of it in general over the course of a 162 game schedule. :dunno:

I think you're wrong.

Why do we even have the NL in the first place. We should just get a few more expansion teams in the AL and move the NL over to some sort of senior league like the PGA does.

Teams like the Angels, White Sox, and Red Sox didn't even make the playoff's this year, yet crappy teams like the Dodgers and Padres that couldn't even beat a good college team got in. Completely screwed up.

Mike Hampton? Now there's a pitcher that can hit :ninja:

Too bad he can't pitch. ;)

Why do we even have the NL in the first place. We should just get a few more expansion teams in the AL and move the NL over to some sort of senior league like the PGA does.

Teams like the Angels, White Sox, and Red Sox didn't even make the playoff's this year, yet crappy teams like the Dodgers and Padres that couldn't even beat a good college team got in. Completely screwed up.

Create an AAAA minor league level? :bench:

To play debbil's advocate, a while back after Larussa moved over to the NL, somebody asked him about the increased difficulty of managing pitchers in the NL. He said it was actually the opposite; most times in the NL the situation dictates when you take out the pitcher. In the AL you can only go by feel of when he is done.

Just saying. :banana:

Stupid NL. Obviously baseball is meant to be decided by 10-7 scores with 4 RBI coming from the fat slow guy with home run power who cant field.