Sign in to follow this  
Rude Rick

Ultimatum to all New Jersey geeks

Vote Menendez...tell your friends to vote Menendez...tell anyone you see...vote Menendez. He's the victims of dirty tricks...Rove style tactics...to derail his campaign. Don't let the shady plots continue...bring him back to the US Senate.

Dayum, that makes me want to move there just so I can vote. :banana:

For the other candidate.

Well then. If Rude Rick is telling me to vote Menendez then I guess I have to vote for Menendez.

You don't have a focking clue as to what you are talking about.

NJ politics are a focking joke b/c of the rampant corruption of the Dems who have been running the state for years. I need only point to Toricelli and Mangravy as recent examples.

Meanwhile, what do we get for all that corruption? Some of the highest property taxes in the country. Gee, thanks.

However, Menedez is case case study unto himself.

Menedez used his influence to obtain $9.6 million in federal grants to an anti-poverty agency. Coincidentally, Menedez collected almost $330,000 in rent from said agency. This situation is currently under investigation.

Donald Scarcini, Menedez's longtime ally and top political advisor, has been caught on tape pressuring a Hudson county contractor, in Menedez's name, to rehire a former employee, saying it would guarantee the contractor "protection." Protection from what? Who does Menedez think he is? Tony Soprano?

There are the questions about Menedez's ties to convicted influence-peddler Charles Kushner, who has been Menedez's single largest campaign contributor for the last 20 years.

Then there are the questions about Kay LiCausi, whom Menedez has been romantically linked to. Coincidentally (or not) LiCausi has gone from a congressional intern to a high-powered lobbyist in a few short years...thanks to her relationship w/Menedez.

In short, this guy is a typical NJ Dem...slimy, corrupt and a HUGE part of the problem.

ETA: Hey Rick, what happened to your sig line? Saw the most recent poll numbers in CT and decided to ditch Lamont?

Nothing can save New Jersey

agreed.

I will be voting for Kean. I am voting against any incumbent in NJ until further notice. The politics of this state are disgusting.

Vote Menendez...tell your friends to vote Menendez...tell anyone you see...vote Menendez. He's the victims of dirty tricks...Rove style tactics...to derail his campaign. Don't let the shady plots continue...bring him back to the US Senate.

As a NJ resident, there is no way I vote for Menendez now.

Menedez used his influence to obtain $9.6 million in federal grants to an anti-poverty agency. Coincidentally, Menedez collected almost $330,000 in rent from said agency. This situation is currently under investigation.

Donald Scarcini, Menedez's longtime ally and top political advisor, has been caught on tape pressuring a Hudson county contractor, in Menedez's name, to rehire a former employee, saying it would guarantee the contractor "protection." Protection from what? Who does Menedez think he is? Tony Soprano?

There are the questions about Menedez's ties to convicted influence-peddler Charles Kushner, who has been Menedez's single largest campaign contributor for the last 20 years.

Then there are the questions about Kay LiCausi, whom Menedez has been romantically linked to. Coincidentally (or not) LiCausi has gone from a congressional intern to a high-powered lobbyist in a few short years...thanks to her relationship w/Menedez.

In short, this guy is a typical NJ Dem...slimy, corrupt and a HUGE part of the problem.

[Rude Rick] crickets [/Rude Rick]

:blink:

You don't have a focking clue as to what you are talking about.

NJ politics are a focking joke b/c of the rampant corruption of the Dems who have been running the state for years. I need only point to Toricelli and Mangravy as recent examples.

Meanwhile, what do we get for all that corruption? Some of the highest property taxes in the country. Gee, thanks.

However, Menedez is case case study unto himself.

Those are lies...Menendez is victim of the Rove Hit Machine...organized plot against him because he hates the war.

ETA: Hey Rick, what happened to your sig line? Saw the most recent poll numbers in CT and decided to ditch Lamont?

Ned Lamont is a ######. After he won the primary...he turned his back on his base. He thinks he can win...win in a blue state...by being Republican-Lite. I thought he was different...he was from Netroots...a real "Politician 2.0"...but he's just like the rest of em.

Someone for Menendez had hung a sign on my door yesterday. It sounds like the guy's whole platform was to tell me about how the other guy supports Bush. :huh:

Typical dem. crap. Rather than telling us what they stand for, they talk trash about the other guy. Gimme a break already. :dunno:

Someone for Menendez had hung a sign on my door yesterday. It sounds like the guy's whole platform was to tell me about how the other guy supports Bush. :huh:

Typical dem. crap. Rather than telling us what they stand for, they talk trash about the other guy. Gimme a break already. :dunno:

This seems to be the only platform the Dems have across the board unfortunately. If I were a Democratic nominee, I would hope I had something more substantial to hang my hat on than "We're not Bush".

Politics are ridiculous. I'm entirely disenchanted with the entire process at this point.

Those are lies...Menendez is victim of the Rove Hit Machine...organized plot against him because he hates the war.

Lies? Are you suggesting that this stuff is made up and patently false? Are you accusing Rove of actually fabricating the audio tape of Menedez's top adviser bullying one of his constituents w/the threat of "protection"? Do you have any actual facts or are we just supposed to take your word on this?

The simple fact of the matter is that politics in NJ has become a cesspool of slimy, corrupt officals under the Dems. As far as I'm concerned, they have forfeited the right to govern in my state.

Hell, they've forfeited the right to govern in my focking town, as all the Dems do by me is cowtow to the fat wallets of the developers, completely ignoring the interests of the people who they were elected to represent. That's why in my town there is an Ind party that grows stronger and stronger each election cycle...an Ind party made up of registered Dems and Reps who are sick and tired of the lies and self-importance that is on perpetual display by the Dem party in NJ.

This thread was approved by www.njguido.com

Hey Rasta.

Go f#ck yourself. :cheers:

The simple fact of the matter is that politics in NJ has become a cesspool of slimy, corrupt officals under the Dems. As far as I'm concerned, they have forfeited the right to govern in my state.

Doesn't matter 'cause the Repubes are much, much worse, not only in NJ, but the whole country. The country is realizing this.

Doesn't matter 'cause the Repubes are much, much worse, not only in NJ, but the whole country. The country is realizing this.

Not in Philadelphia

Democrats have been running this city forever, and it's a city of one stagnant party of blatant corruption, stupidly high wage taxes, laws that drive businesses out of the city, no services, people in office going directly to jail, and landslide victories over Republicans. How many more politicians have to be convicted before this becomes more than a one party system? Our mayor was ranked in a national publication as the worst in the country, his staff was under federal investigation for corruption, and he got re-elected very easily. It's a disgrace.

This city is more of a slum every focking day. Yet, my job has a residency requirement, so I am stuck in the 10th Circle of Hell.

I don't care who wins nationally. But the local Democrats must be stopped at all costs.

Democrats have been running this city forever, and it's a city of one stagnant party of blatant corruption, stupidly high wage taxes, laws that drive businesses out of the city, no services, people in office going directly to jail, and landslide victories over Republicans. How many more politicians have to be convicted before this becomes more than a one party system? Our mayor was ranked in a national publication as the worst in the country, his staff was under federal investigation for corruption, and he got re-elected very easily.

So that tells you he's still way better than the republican candidate. HTH!

This is the definition of ignorance. "I know the guy in office sucks, but ALL REPUBLICANS are worse, so I'll keep the corrupt democrat in office". This is exactly why we are in the mess we are in dohmer, exactly.

This is the definition of ignorance. "I know the guy in office sucks, but ALL REPUBLICANS are worse, so I'll keep the corrupt democrat in office". This is exactly why we are in the mess we are in dohmer, exactly.

meh, if you keep a much worse repub out that's still good. phillybears example proves this much

meh, if you keep a much worse repub out that's still good. phillybears example proves this much

And of course in your feeble mind any Rep is much worse solely b/c they are a Rep. :oldrolleyes:

As Gutter pointed out, people who share your views (on either side of the aisle) are prefect examples of what is wrong w/this country and why our political process is broken.

any Rep is much worse solely b/c they are a Rep. :oldrolleyes:

No, they're just worse because they are.

As much as I hate Menendez, I hate the national GOP leadership worse. I don't want them to continue to have control of the Senate. Thus I will hold my nose and vote for Menendez.

If the GOP was more tolerant of its Senators and Representatives straying from the hard-right party line, I'd vote for Kean. But it isn't, so I won't. He'll be forced to become another dittohead.

In national politics, the GOP is corrupt and the Dems are idiots. In NJ politics, it's the exact opposite.

If the GOP was more tolerant of its Senators and Representatives straying from the hard-right party line, I'd vote for Kean.

Yet, increasingly, the Dem party has been guilty of doing the same to their own members. In fact, I keep reading articles about Pelosi possibly becoming Speaker of the House and one of the things that they give her credit for is keeping the rest of the Dems in line.

Just look at what happened to Lieberman in CT. He gave his support to Bush for the war in Iraq presumably b/c that was what he thought was right. That view clashed w/the national Dem agenda and he ended up pretty much getting kicked out of the party for it. If the voters of CT had voted him out of office b/c of his stance on Iraq, that would be one thing, but the Dem party never gave the voters of CT the chance to do that. Instead, Lieberman was punished by the Dem party for straying from the hard-left party line that people like Pelosi champion.

The Dems are doing it because they see how well it's worked for the GOP.

I have no doubt of that, but this is one of the reasons that you gave for disliking the national GOP so much that you'd vote for Menedez, whom you've also said you hate.

So, in effect, you are planning to vote for someone you don't want to vote for and one of the reasons is due to tactics that the national GOP has used, which you don't like, while you acknowledge the national Dem party is likely adopting those same tactics themselves.

Doesn't that sound a little :thumbsdown: ?

Dear Friend :

In the five years since the vicious attack on our friends and neighbors, George W. Bush promised to make us safer by going to war in Iraq instead of finishing the job in Afghanistan. But this week our top spy and intelligence agencies released a report that said the war in Iraq has made us less safe today because the war is creating more terrorists then ever before.

President Bush and Republicans in control of congress are spending a record one billion, seven hundred fifty million dollars a week in Iraq, they cut while they slash homeland security funding for New Jersey. And guess what? The mastermind of the 9/11 attack still roams free somewhere near the mountains of Afghanistan.

Democrats know that the battle against the radical right-wing agenda of President George W. Bush and Republicans for control of congress begins here in New Jersey. And with a contribution of just $50 or more, you can help us win back control of congress and take our county in a new

direction. Click here to contribute.

If Republicans remain in power, then over the next two years they will try to shove their right-wing agenda down our throats and take us in the wrong direction.

We can't rely on the Republicans to protect our ports, our children's future, or retirement security. We need to support our local Democrats who will focus on our priorities here and fight to make sure we receive our fair share from Washington, D.C.

Click below to give $50 or more to help us take back Congress:

http://www.njdacc.com/contribute.php

When we wake up the day after the elections, let's make sure we have no regrets. Together we can take back our government and make sure it works for the people once again.

Thank you,

Speaker Joseph J. Roberts, Jr.

Doesn't that sound a little ?

Not when you consider the track record of the GOP Congress -- which has ignored its oversight responsibilities and let the Bush admin. do whatever it pleases.

I don't want that to continue to happen. Unfortunately the only thing I personally can do to try to prevent it from continuing to happen is to vote for Menendez. So, it's what I will do, despite my dislike of Menendez. (I live in the heavily Republican 11th district, so my vote won't have an impact on the House.)

It's not like the Dems are gonna implement their whole program with no checks and balances if they do get control. They're not gonna get veto-proof majorities. Therein lies the difference.

The mastermind of the 9/11 attack still roams free somewhere near the mountains of Afghanistan.

Kalik sheik muhhamad (the mastermind of 9/11) is in US custody and you and your ACLU buddies want to give him more rights than our fighting men and women have.

1. On missile defense of America — Democrats voted against it.

2. On the Patriot Act — Democrats voted against it.

3. On tapping foreign terrorists’ phone calls to the U.S. — Democrats voted against it.

4. On tracing terrorists’ money flow between foreign banks — Democrats voted against it.

5. On building a border wall to control illegal immigration and stop dope — dealers, terrorists and criminals — Democrats voted against it.

6. On interrogating captured terrorists — 194 Democrats just voted against it.

You're not fooling anyone dude. You are intollerant and force your crazy left-wing liberal views on everyone everyday. You are part a facist movement. :unsure:

Every person I've met from NJ are tools...that includes my brother :)

HEY! :cry:

The mastermind of the 9/11 attack still roams free somewhere near the mountains of Afghanistan.

Kalik sheik muhhamad (the mastermind of 9/11)

Is this the new guy they're focused on because Bush doesn't care about or finding OBL :rolleyes:

Someone for Menendez had hung a sign on my door yesterday. It sounds like the guy's whole platform was to tell me about how the other guy supports Bush. <_<

I've seen every last one of Menendez's ads...he hasn't mentioned Bush once. He doesn't need that...he can run on his own record.

I haven't MET you yet dumpling. :)

That needs to be remedied. <_< :bench: