Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

***Official Lost 11/1 thread***

This season so far has been a big freakin dud IMO!!

The next couple episodes had better be good going into the break.

Did that little kid say, "Go fish."?

Oh wow. That's exactly what I said to my wife, but she said that he said "confess". I guess that makes more sense. :thumbsdown:

So what do ya say? Does he sell the vacine on the black market and leave the village hung out to dry with the militia?

So what do ya say? Does he sell the vacine on the black market and leave the village hung out to dry with the militia?

That's the way it's looking, but my guess is he arranges some protection from the "protection".

:rolleyes:

So is Juliet's offer part of Ben's plan? Or maybe a way to test her loyalty? :unsure:

I really am not sure what the deal is with her. She seems sinister, but it's hard to tell. I'm throwing out theories left and right over here.

Holy flying fock. This show is freakin awesome again. I can't believe they killed off Ecko.

Also, next's week's previews actually game me chills. That's how the show used to be. :rolleyes:

Holy flying fock. This show is freakin awesome again. I can't believe they killed off Ecko.

Also, next's week's previews actually game me chills. That's how the show used to be. :rolleyes:

And it looks like we get to see Kate make out. :unsure:

And Kate in the rain. Maybe some nippleage? :blink:

And it looks like we get to see Kate make out. :unsure:

And Kate in the rain. Maybe some nippleage? :blink:

I can't believe the show went from one extreme to the other that quickly. The episodes were the suck so far and now the show is awesome again. What an episode. :rolleyes:

I can't believe the show went from one extreme to the other that quickly. The episodes were the suck so far and now the show is awesome again. What an episode. :dunno:

They've really turned it on so they can make sure people return when the series picks up in February ( :mad: ).

All was good until we seen the two "new" characters :thumbsdown: ...come on, where we these two the last couple of years :dunno:

There were 47 survivors. Only about a dozen main characters. That leaves more than 30 people we've seen little to nothing of.

All I keep thinking is that the writers have no idea where this is going. I picture 2 stoners sitting around, laughing at all of us trying to make sense of this insane show. "Yeah dude...black smoke monster...that's a good one." "quit bogarting that thing man."

I think Phillybear wrote this episode.

monster. Monster. MONSTER. MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dunno: :rolleyes:

So are all the people from the tale section dead now? Or were there some nobodies who made it back to the main camp? :dunno:

The black chick's old husband is still kickin, but I think that's it.

So are all the people from the tale section dead now? Or were there some nobodies who made it back to the main camp? :dunno:

Bernard, Rose's husband. I think that's it.

The rest were captured, including one woman just before Anna Lucia shot Shannon on the walk to the beach camp.

Bernard, Rose's husband. I think that's it.

The rest were captured, including one woman just before Anna Lucia shot Shannon on the walk to the beach camp.

Forgot about him. :dunno:

They've really turned it on so they can make sure people return when the series picks up in February ( :banana: ).

There were 47 survivors. Only about a dozen main characters. That leaves more than 30 people we've seen little to nothing of.

far more than a dozen characters that we have been introduced to....more like 30-40 IMO...anyhoooo, wouldn't we have seen these two birds ONCE :D

Is it just me or are the writers for LOST getting really sloppy??? After all, there have already been several plot-holes in this short season.

1. Why kill Ecko??? His character had more depth and potential than the other characters they've killed off (with the possible exception of Anna Lucia--but she probably got written off for legal reasons). Furthermore, Ecko's death makes much of the episode from a few weeks ago (the one where Locke goes to rescue Ecko from the bear) pretty much pointless and a waste of an episode. Why save Ecko from the polar bear so he can be killed by the black smoke??? Doesn't make much sense and seems solely a play for ratings as opposed to an effort to advance the plot...lame...

2. Ben shows Sawyer the other island. How in the world did no one notice this island earlier. I mean, I could understand if Sawyer/Michael/Jin/Walt didn't see the island when they left on the raft at the end of season 1. I could even understand if Jin/Sun/Sayid didn't see the island when they sailed around to ambush the Others at the end of season 2. I guess I could believe that Desmond might miss the other island when he was pretty much at sea for an entire season. But ALL of the sea-faring losties not noticing the other island??? Again...major plot hole...

3. The Other village on the original island. First of all, the village had to be on the island of the crash because Ben tells the two spies to run to each section of the plane. So...how was the village not discovered by Locke/Boone as they hunted all over the island??? Furthermore, how was the village not discovered by the French Woman whose been living on (and exploring all over) the island for 20 friggin' years??? Another plot hole...

I realize that everyone has to suspend disbelief to watch and enjoy any TV show. However, LOST has gone crazy with the plot holes this season, it seems... :cheers:

yes...I realize how nerdy this post makes me seem...

Deffinently a good epsiode, though, i have liked this season thus far, giving us more info on the others.

WTF is the monster??? I seriously have no idea, i don't think the others control it though. I thought it looked something like the hand of God or the devil punishing Eko for not confessing. Dude, i will still say i really don't like killing off of Eko, i was looking forward to him coming back to health and kicking ass again. Eko's flashbacks are always awesome, a badass drug dealer who has no soul. Damn, i really liked Eko, even though he looks exactly like Ben Wallace and i am not very fond of him anymore.

Well, now we know that Jin won't be killed. Also, we still haven't found out what happened to Mike and Walt, in the preview of the season, they said we will find out what happened to them.

Why is that guy so pissed at Sawyer??? I mean, one of the losties killed his wife, but, it wasn't him, it's not like he had anything to do with it. I don't think Kate, Jack, and Sawyer will be going anywhere soon. I don't see the losties rescuing them this season, they will find maybe the other others, and i have a feeling they may be troublesome.

So, basically 1) Jack will end up doing the surgery to save him, and, i think he will, and request some favors, but, Ben rejects him and he gets ultra pissed 2) The other losties will run into another group on the island, my guess a very small group, maybe 5 or so people, maybe only one person, who knows 3) Something nuts will happen, maybe Michael and Walt will return or something, Sawyer decides to try to escape anyways, gets on a boat and almost makes it, and that will probably be the finale. Also, the losties will team up with the other losties and try and basically get some answers from the others.

Also, the theory of how the others crashed the plane on purpose cause Jack was on it is not true obviously, unless Ben is just making it up, which i doubt. Another thing, how did Eko's brother plane crash??

Well, as gay as this thread is, I guess I had better start an official "General Hospital" thread..

:cheers:

Why is that guy so pissed at Sawyer??? I mean, one of the losties killed his wife, but, it wasn't him, it's not like he had anything to do with it. I don't think Kate, Jack, and Sawyer will be going anywhere soon. I don't see the losties rescuing them this season, they will find maybe the other others, and i have a feeling they may be troublesome.

He's pissed at Sawyer because Sawyer broke his nose a couple episodes ago.

Is it just me or are the writers for LOST getting really sloppy??? After all, there have already been several plot-holes in this short season.

1. Why kill Ecko??? His character had more depth and potential than the other characters they've killed off (with the possible exception of Anna Lucia--but she probably got written off for legal reasons). Furthermore, Ecko's death makes much of the episode from a few weeks ago (the one where Locke goes to rescue Ecko from the bear) pretty much pointless and a waste of an episode. Why save Ecko from the polar bear so he can be killed by the black smoke??? Doesn't make much sense and seems solely a play for ratings as opposed to an effort to advance the plot...lame...

2. Ben shows Sawyer the other island. How in the world did no one notice this island earlier. I mean, I could understand if Sawyer/Michael/Jin/Walt didn't see the island when they left on the raft at the end of season 1. I could even understand if Jin/Sun/Sayid didn't see the island when they sailed around to ambush the Others at the end of season 2. I guess I could believe that Desmond might miss the other island when he was pretty much at sea for an entire season. But ALL of the sea-faring losties not noticing the other island??? Again...major plot hole...

3. The Other village on the original island. First of all, the village had to be on the island of the crash because Ben tells the two spies to run to each section of the plane. So...how was the village not discovered by Locke/Boone as they hunted all over the island??? Furthermore, how was the village not discovered by the French Woman whose been living on (and exploring all over) the island for 20 friggin' years??? Another plot hole...

Either you just started watching or you missed a lot.

1. I am guessing the island was trying to get him to confess to his sins before he died. That is why everyone was saying "Confess" because he was about to die, the island allowed him to live for the chance to confess, he didn't, and he died-----remember when he said to Locke "You guys are next?" or something like that?? WTF?!?!? So, is that monster going to kill them or something???--------anyways, that is my guess, again, i am disappointed that they killed him also, he had the best flashbacks. Deffinently very unexcepted.

2. Not really a plot hole, more of a mystery. Maybe it's invisible to the big island or something, but, i know the writers did that on purpose, when desmond said "There is nothing but water all around this island" Well, we know by the french ladies map that there are a few islands around the island, something very weird is going on.

3. That was explained in one of the first threads, they probably have boats, because, he said he could get there is like 10 minutes, when it was many miles away, which wouldn't be humanly possible to do. Boone and Locke weren't hunting in the first season, they were digging up the orginal hatch. That french lady probably does know where the village is, she probably knows there is an island, we really don't know much about what she knows, just she has been her for 16 years and what happened to her.

Just so you know, that is how lost has always been, very mysterious. You think they are plot holes, then, later on you find out it wasn't it was just one of the many mysteries of the show.

He's pissed at Sawyer because Sawyer broke his nose a couple episodes ago.

So?? I am saying that guy is acting like Sawyer had something to do with his wife death. I mean, i know he is just taking out his anger on Sawyer because it was someone in his group that killed her and the fact he broke his nose, but, still, i don't know why he wants to kill him.

far more than a dozen characters that we have been introduced to....more like 30-40 IMO...anyhoooo, wouldn't we have seen these two birds ONCE :cheers:

Jack

Kate

Sawyer

Hurley

Locke

Claire

Shannon

Boone

Sayid

Sun

Jin

Michael

Walt

Charlie

Rose (old black lady)

Ethan Rom (orignally counted as one of the 47)

That's 16, of the 47 original survivors. This doesn't count the people on the tail section, or any of the others, or the French chick. There have also been a couple deaths of non major characters (1 drowned in the second episode or so, one killed by the others). That leaves 29 non named living survivors. We occasionally see some of the other survivors in the background, but they rarely (never?) have any speaking lines. There's plenty of room for the occasional new major character to show up.

I realize that everyone has to suspend disbelief to watch and enjoy any TV show. However, LOST has gone crazy with the plot holes this season, it seems... :thumbsup:

Though you didn't post this succinctly, I forgive you because they're listed numerically (inside joke). Addressed:

1. No focking shiit dude! They just killed off my favorite character of the whole series. Unbelievable. I suspect contract concerns, movie deals for the actor, etc. A focking shame. He was, along with Terry O'Quinn (Locke) the best actor on the series. What a focking loss. :(

Also their attempts at introducing two new characters was SOOOOOOOOO lame and forced. I'm not sure if the actors suck or the writers suck. Mesuspects the actors, because they look like the stereotypical Hollywood cast actors and have ZERO range. Christ.

2 & 3. There's an underwater connection between the islands. Jack is underwater. I bet the place he's in connects the islands via a hatch on either end. Maybe the eye-patch guy guards the hatch on Locke's end.

Also - the monster/mystical creature of the island is NOT benevolent. It spared EKO on a few occasions, but then inexplicably killed him. The thing is making less and less sense. I'm glad they brought it back into play, but frankly, it feels like the writers have been reading the internet complaints about the monster's disappearances and said "CRAP! we need to get the monster back! How do we do that?"

LAME.

Overall, a decent episode, but the two new characters are ultralame and don't leave me hopeful for the next episodes.

ALSO!@! This is a drunken post. I just downed a bottle of wine and am well into my second. Yes.

They may have seen the other island and just didn't think anything about it. It is a smaller island and it is too far away for them to swim to. Most island chains are made up of several islands. They happen to on the biggest island. Why should they think there is anything on the smaller island?

I realize that everyone has to suspend disbelief to watch and enjoy any TV show. However, LOST has gone crazy with the plot holes this season, it seems... :dunno:

Mr Eko had a short term contract and wanted off the show so he could direct a movie that was about to start filming. Eko wanted off. Eko being saved by Locke was a test by the island for Locke. Eko not confessing was a test by the island that Eko failed. He needed to humble himself because he failed in his mission of pushing the button in the hatch.

I think the other island is on a side of the island neither the losties or tailes ever had a chance to explore yet. And remember, the tailes never ventured far from camp after several abductions.

I originally wondered why Rousseau never discovered the camp. I have a theory that time moves at a different rate on the island, and 16 years did not really go by, but much less time.

How the hell did Sayid get back to the losties? Didnt Ecko burn the plane in season 2?? What the fock

No one wondered about this?? Sayid, Jin, and Sun travel on a boat for god knows how far, then the others capture the boat. How did they get back? Did I miss something?

Eko being saved by Locke was a test by the island for Locke. Eko not confessing was a test by the island that Eko failed.

Yep.

No one wondered about this?? Sayid, Jin, and Sun travel on a boat for god knows how far, then the others capture the boat. How did they get back? Did I miss something?

They walked back to camp. What's the big deal :dunno:

3. That was explained in one of the first threads, they probably have boats, because, he said he could get there is like 10 minutes, when it was many miles away, which wouldn't be humanly possible to do. Boone and Locke weren't hunting in the first season, they were digging up the orginal hatch. That french lady probably does know where the village is, she probably knows there is an island, we really don't know much about what she knows, just she has been her for 16 years and what happened to her.

J

Ummm...no, it said he could get there in like an hour or maybe 2. Definately not 10 minutes.