Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

Best song and Best album of 2006

For best album, I am torn between

Muse: Black Holes and Revelations

My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

Still pondering best song. Curious to see the thoughts of other Geeks.

Go....

I think everthing sucks. I think i'll give it to Eminem for album Curtain Call and Shake that ass. Bad year.

"How I long for yesterdayayayay, yesterday"

Album released October 2005 but airplay was mainly '06, so I will cheat. Gary Allan - Tough All Over

I know - who/what :bandana:

Go....

Best Album: Muse - Black Holes and Revelations (in a walk)

Best Song: Crazy - Gnarles Barkley (probably the media consensus, but it's catchy), Knights of Cydonia - Muse...those are the first 2 that jump to mind.

K-Fed....

I win..... :bandana:

Broken Boy Soldiers, The Raconteurs is my favorite album from 2006.

:bandana:

also thought Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium was ;)

I'm bringin' sexy back. :pointstosky:

Album released October 2005 but airplay was mainly '06, so I will cheat. Gary Allan - Tough All Over

I know - who/what :doh:

Good call. He promises his next album wont be so "dark". I'm looking forward to what he comes up with. :ninja:

I dig the Muse album as well, but my list in no particular order would be:

Jesu-Silver

Mastodon-Blood Mountain

The Sword-Age of Winters

Goatwhore - A Haunting Curse

Kayser-Frame the World...

Lair of the Minotaur-The Ultimate Destroyer

:(

Good call. He promises his next album wont be so "dark". I'm looking forward to what he comes up with. :thumbsdown:

Thank you :mad: I thought I was the only one. The events in his life mixed with the song quality is what made it that great (sing it with emotion or not at all). Agreed, I enjoyed every thing he has done so far, so can't wait for next.

Thank you :thumbsdown: I thought I was the only one. The events in his life mixed with the song quality is what made it that great (sing it with emotion or not at all). Agreed, I enjoyed every thing he has done so far, so can't wait for next.

Am I wrong, or did his wife kill herself?

Am I wrong, or did his wife kill herself?

She did - left some children behind as well. I would have sworn he wrote all the songs based on that, but he only wrote 3 I believe. Nickajack Cave was an UNBELIEVABLE song about Cash as well.

She did - left some children behind as well. I would have sworn he wrote all the songs based on that, but he only wrote 3 I believe. Nickajack Cave was an UNBELIEVABLE song about Cash as well.

Who else are you listening to? Country-wise.

Full album wise my other favorites this year were

Little Big Town (it's bluegrass meets Fleetwood Mac. A little tedious, but the highs are that good)

Eric Church's 'Sinners Like Me' (what an AWESOME live show - he opened for Brad Paisley who is one of my favorites and I thought Church blew him away) - 2nd best of the year (Pledge Allegience to the Hag is a great song if you really like older country - which I do)

Joe Nichols III (he and Allan are the only 2 I know who I have liked almost every track on every album)

Paisley's 'Time Well Wasted' was ok but not his best effort

Toby's 'White Trash With Money' was his best in years

My favorite songs (not on the albums above) right now are She's Everything (Paisley) and You Save Me (Chesney).

Wow this thread took a turn down Billy Bob Lane. Spurs, sh!tkickers and spittoons....anybody gotta Chevrolet and a sister?

My top 10 albums are roughly in this order:

Amorphis - Eclipse

Head Control Sysytem - Murder Nature

Mastodon - Blood Mountain

Dog Fashion Disco - Adultry

RHCP - Stadium Arcadium

Morningwood - Morningwood

Tool - 10,000 Days

Into Eternity - The Scattering of Ashes

Lamb of God - Sacrament

Lacuna Coil - Karmacode

For best song I'd have a tough time choosing between:

In Flames - Dead End

Mastery - Power Race

Mastodon - Sleeping Giant

Morningwood - Take Off Your Clothes

Lamb of God - Redneck

Tool - The Pot

Go....

Something about them just makes me wanna start a band :cheers:

Crawl back under your rock, freakshow :D

Full album wise my other favorites this year were

Little Big Town (it's bluegrass meets Fleetwood Mac. A little tedious, but the highs are that good)

Eric Church's 'Sinners Like Me' (what an AWESOME live show - he opened for Brad Paisley who is one of my favorites and I thought Church blew him away) - 2nd best of the year (Pledge Allegience to the Hag is a great song if you really like older country - which I do)

Joe Nichols III (he and Allan are the only 2 I know who I have liked almost every track on every album)

Paisley's 'Time Well Wasted' was ok but not his best effort

Toby's 'White Trash With Money' was his best in years

My favorite songs (not on the albums above) right now are She's Everything (Paisley) and You Save Me (Chesney).

I went and saw Chris Cagle this year, his stuff I didn't really know too much until the concert, but it was all good and have kinda dug his stuff since.

Toby's latest offerings have been good as well.

Kenny, to me is about the best thing going nowadays, although I also like Joe Nichols, Montgomerey Gentry. and Paisley.

As for most of the other stuff offered as best album/song, I have not heard any of it! :cheers:

Something about them just makes me wanna start a band :D

Crawl back under your rock, freakshow <_<

Listen, captain Coors, because I don't listen to the Bloody Death Babies, the Vomits, or the Squealing tracheas, does not make me a freakshow. Got it?

How's the Christmas shopping coming by the way? :)

As for most of the other stuff offered as best album/song, I have not heard any of it! :huh:

Listen, captain Coors, because I don't listen to the Bloody Death Babies, the Vomits, or the Squealing tracheas, does not make me a freakshow. Got it?

How's the Christmas shopping coming by the way? :o

And you make fun of me for not expanding my beer horizons :dunno:

There are only 2 things good about country music.

1: Shania Twain

2: Nashville is more than 2000 miles away from me

Christmas shopping is over. Meaning that I didn't have to do any :thumbsup:

And you make fun of me for not expanding my beer horizons :huh:

There are only 2 things good about country music.

1: Shania Twain

2: Nashville is more than 2000 miles away from me

Christmas shopping is over. Meaning that I didn't have to do any :dunno:

To be honest I don't care what you drink, makes no diff. to me. You like what you like. As far as music goes, I've been through it all-rap, rock, meatal bands, crappy 80's sh!t, country is kinda new to me but for what it's worth it makes more sense then anything else being played today. :o

To be honest I don't care what you drink, makes no diff. to me. You like what you like. As far as music goes, I've been through it all-rap, rock, meatal bands, crappy 80's sh!t, country is kinda new to me but for what it's worth it makes more sense then anything else being played today. :dunno:

Just don't play the records backwards :huh:

Alright, made my top 10 albums of the year, too tired to put too much explanation behind them, so if you are curious, ask me.

10. Panic! At the disco - A fever you can't sweat out - Seriously, it was an addicting album

9. Yung Joc - New Joc City - And I thought I would never enjoy a commerical rapper again

8. The Killers - Sams Town - Those cocky bastards did it again

7. Atmosphere - You can't imagine how much fun we are having - Atmosphere is always good

6. Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor - Awesome hip hop. Supported by guys like Kayne and Jay Z..just to name a few.

5. Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now - Love TBS, seeing them in a few months.

4. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - Almost all the songs on there are good and very addicting. Great band, hope they make more stuff.

3. NAS - Hip Hop is Dead - Late entry, but I just can't put the album down right now.

t1. My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade - When I first heard about the "idea" of this album, I was like, "is this a joke?" But the guys actually made it work, and what? actually a message behind an album? impossible!

t1. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium - The album doesn't feel like 2006 because it came out so early in the year, but yea, when I look back, this is the only album that I listened to ALL year long.

t1. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium - The album doesn't feel like 2006 because it came out so early in the year, but yea, when I look back, this is the only album that I listened to ALL year long.

agreed... if the chili peppers don't take it home it'll but a huge surprise for me... i mean 4 songs off of stadium arcadium got constant radio airplay. also... when listening to the cd (both of them) it rocks from beginning to end.

"make you feel better" has to be my favorite song on the album... catchy drum beat, simple guitar riff, not over done... just a solid clean song...

if my chemical romance wins best album of the year... for one good song i'd be really disappointed... and if they win it would probably be just because they have a good music video

The fact that they were able to make not one but two killer albums makes this release amazing. Of the almost 30 songs, there are only three that are meh. That's awesome. :ninja:

if my chemical romance wins best album of the year... for one good song i'd be really disappointed... and if they win it would probably be just because they have a good music video

I wouldn't say that's the only good track on the album.

After many, many listens to The Black Parade, I can honestly say there isn't a track on there that I don't like. A concept album about a dying cancer patient...and they pull it off. They have distanced themselves from the stigma of "emo" band, as have far surpassed those groups. Are they over the top? Sure. And since they embrace that tongue in cheek attitude, it makes their music that much better. I really like the Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge album, but that had a bit of a different sound. Looks like this band is evolving, and becoming a real force in modern rock. Which is good, because rock music is on life support right now, with hip hop overruning the landscape, burning everything in site to the ground. Right now, it's a dark time in music history.

Just one man's opinion.

Morningwood - Morningwood

I really liked this album. I was surprised it didn't make more of an impact.

Shania Twain is about as "country" as Al Sharpton. :banana:

I don't care. I first heard her on a country station, her first videos looked like they were filmed in the country, and I wanna fock her in the ######...ry :banana:

Broken Boy Soldiers, The Raconteurs is my favorite album from 2006.

:doublethumbsup:

Haven't heard much of their stuff, and I am definitely not a country fan (especially current country), but I can handle them. They have some talent - something that too many fo today's bands in any genre are severely lacking.

Also, liked Stadium Arcadium, but it got overplayed around here. Had to listen to "Dani California" about 15 times a day on the local radio.

Liked some of John Mayer's stuff this year, but again, got a bit tired of it. Thought "Gravity" was a nice song - first heard it on "House," oddly enough.

Arctic Monkeys are talented, but they were so freaking hyped that I got to the point where I developed an unfair prejudice against them. Now that I can hear it without having to get 40 minutes of someone on TV preaching about how they are the "second coming The Beatles," I'm interested in seeing what they put out in the future.

One of my favorites (if not my absolute favorite) of the year was "Change in the Weather" by Eric Lindell. Pretty unknown at the moment, but has been a part of the Northern Cal/New Orleans (if I remember right) music scene for a while. For a first major CD, it's full of talent. He's got a great blues feel to his music - give a listen to "Give it Time." There's a free download available here: http://www.ericlindellband.com/musicFrame.htm

I don't care. I first heard her on a country station, her first videos looked like they were filmed in the country, and I wanna fock her in the ######...ry :doublethumbsup:

i think the country fans who act all loyal...dissing shania for years...shes not country!! :ninja: but fast foward to now and they listen to the most rediculous songs..my tractors sexy? wtf...honky tonk badonkawhatafock?

I just want to say that My Chemical Romance sucks.

Also, the best album of the year is a tie between RHCP's Stadium Arcadium and My Morning Jacket's double live album, Okonokos.

I just want to say that My Chemical Romance sucks.

Also, the best album of the year is a tie between RHCP's Stadium Arcadium and My Morning Jacket's double live album, Okonokos.

Well, congratulations on not understanding talent. :pointstosky:

If you do not like their style of music, well, that is one thing, but sucks??? :lol:

Try again, assdumpling