Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Might get fired today

Dumbass manager comes out barking orders for this and that, I looked at him and told him "No, i'm not going to do it that way".

Manager : I'll write you up

Me: Go ahead, i'll rip it up in front of you

Manager: Go home

Me: Don't think so

Manager to owner: You had better control your boy out there or I am going home

Owner: :P

Anyways, hopefully unemployment benefits are good :dunno:

No loss for them. Auto techs are a dime a dozen. :P

alsonotreally :dunno:

If you get fired maybe you can go into a more respectable field, like car sales, or drug dealer! :blink:

Do you know anything about real estate capital / investment banking ?

Enough to stick to being an auto tech :ninja:

Well, good luck. I hope you don't get fired as you seem like an honest mechanic (maybe the only one).

You seem to have the owners favor (I'm guessing reacharounds early and often) so your prolly OK. :ninja:

He prolly wants you to spend more time on the intraweb, and less time servicing the customers that pay your wages! :ninja:

Another chapter in your Book of White Trashness. :ninja:

HIRED

I assume that was the correct anwser? :o

Mebbe I'll buy a lingere store. It obviously can't be that hard to run. :wub:

Well, good luck. I hope you don't get fired as you seem like an honest mechanic (maybe the only one).

Agreed. Also you seem smart SUX, which isn't a contradiction to what your job is. But if you ever want a change of scenery, go for it. Liiiiiiiiiiiiive. Not that you can't do what you're doing and not live, but it seems like you feel stuck in the same routine. Life's gotten too predictable. You aren't stuck if you don't want to be. Could easily be reading into things :pointstosky:

Agreed. Also you seem smart SUX, which isn't a contradiction to what your job is. But if you ever want a change of scenery, go for it. Liiiiiiiiiiiiive. Not that you can't do what you're doing and not live, but it seems like you feel stuck in the same routine. Life's gotten too predictable. You aren't stuck if you don't want to be. Could easily be reading into things :mad:

Those are some nice words, and I appreciate it, but I kinda am stuck here..It's just too easy of a job to leave.

On a lighter note, our manager burst out of the store threatening to quit. Quite funny, really.

he came back later, and things have calmed down. We will probably have a "talk" sometime friday. :pointstosky:

Can you let me know when your last day is? I will bring my car in and get a whole bunch of sh!t done for free!!!

:banana:

Can you let me know when your last day is? I will bring my car in and get a whole bunch of sh!t done for free!!!

We both know that you are never coming in there :banana:

I was hoping that I would get fired for Christmas. No such luck. :clap:

Maybe my New Year will start off on the right foot. :banana:

You obviously weren't trying hard enough :banana:

Do you know anything about real estate capital / gouging people into bancruptcy?

:cry:

Dumbass manager comes out barking orders for this and that, I looked at him and told him "No, i'm not going to do it that way".

Manager : I'll write you up

Me: Go ahead, i'll rip it up in front of you

Manager: Go home

Me: Don't think so

Manager to owner: You had better control your boy out there or I am going home

Owner: :(

Anyways, hopefully unemployment benefits are good :dunno:

I cant imagine having a job that "writes you up" for stuff. Is your full name on the nametag or just first name?

I cant imagine having a job that "writes you up" for stuff. Is your full name on the nametag or just first name?

Actually, there are probably very few jobs where you can't be "written up". It's HR's way of creating a paper trail. Honestly, the larger the company the more likely there is a policy that allows you to be "written up". If you think you have such a job you should check with your HR rep.

Actually, there are probably very few jobs where you can't be "written up". It's HR's way of creating a paper trail. Honestly, the larger the company the more likely there is a policy that allows you to be "written up". If you think you have such a job you should check with your HR rep.

Actually, people that own their own businesses dont have to worry about this sort of kindergarten bullshit.

Actually, people that own their own businesses dont have to worry about this sort of kindergarten bullshit.

Yeah, as if there aren't a million other headaches to deal with.

:D

Very true. With the paper trail there is less of a chance of ex-employee sucessfully suing said company for wrongfull temination.

You will find the practice of "writing up" very prevolent here in sue happy California.

Wrong. People that own their own businesses have to worry about it more for the single reason of being sued for wrongfull termination will usually have a higher toll on them financially.

:D

You will find the practice of "writing up" very prevolent here in sue happy California.

California is also a "Right to Work" state which makes it harder on companies to just can you cuz they don't like you.

What'll happen to your post count ? If it's going to go up PLEASE mr manager dont fire him PLEASE.

And whoever suggested him getting a better job well his options are VERY limited due to the fact he doesnt travel outside of his little 5 mile radius :pointstosky:

Get out there dude and LIVE will ya :headbanger:

California is also a "Right to Work" state which makes it harder on companies to just can you cuz they don't like you.

This is actually incorrect.

In fact, the term "right to work" is one of those age-old misnomers that politicians give to laws in order to fool those who are otherwise uninformed about said law into supporting it when they might not otherwise. It is a time and tested method that works quite well...in fact, see above.

"Right to work" statutes do not guarantee workers a job, nor do they guarantee workers that they cannot be fired without cause from jobs they currently hold. Simply put, they are union-busting statutes. Specifically, they are state laws (allowed under Taft-Hartley) that prohibit unions within union shop from requiring workers to be union members as a condition of employment or further employment, i.e., you have the "right to work" at a union shop without paying union dues (or joining the union at all).

In addition to being a "right to work" state, California, like all other states in the US (except for Louisiana, I think, since their laws are based on Napoleonic civil law and not commow law...this may have changed, though), is an "at will" state, meaning a worker can leave a job "at will." It also means that an employer can terminate an employee "at will" absent some sort of CBA (like union employees work under), other employment contract (like professional athletes work under), or statute (like federal, state, and local governments work under). There are some exceptions to this rule, of course.

====================================================================

And SUX, forgive me for being nosy, but how is your credit? I ask because, if you are truly a capable and honest mechanic and don't mind the headaches involved you could easily open your own business with relatively little investment. I know this because I have two uncles and two cousins (from opposite sides of the family tree) who did it and have been very successful...plus you don't have some idiot boss digging in your arse all the time.

This is actually incorrect.

In fact, the term "right to work" is one of those age-old misnomers that politicians give to laws in order to fool those who are otherwise uninformed about said law into supporting it when they might not otherwise. It is a time and tested method that works quite well...in fact, see above.

"Right to work" statutes do not guarantee workers a job, nor do they guarantee workers that they cannot be fired without cause from jobs they currently hold. Simply put, they are union-busting statutes. Specifically, they are state laws (allowed under Taft-Hartley) that prohibit unions within union shop from requiring workers to be union members as a condition of employment or further employment, i.e., you have the "right to work" at a union shop without paying union dues (or joining the union at all).

In addition to being a "right to work" state, California, like all other states in the US (except for Louisiana, I think, since their laws are based on Napoleonic civil law and not commow law...this may have changed, though), is an "at will" state, meaning a worker can leave a job "at will." It also means that an employer can terminate an employee "at will" absent some sort of CBA (like union employees work under), other employment contract (like professional athletes work under), or statute (like federal, state, and local governments work under). There are some exceptions to this rule, of course.

Very informative, thanks. :dunno: I'll add that some years ago, we sold a system to a California company who wanted to add to our T&Cs that we wouldn't hire any of their employees for a year. Our lawyers said we couldn't because of Cali's "right to work" status. We could, however, have a provision that we would not actively recruit anyone, which we agreed to.

Funny thing is, one of their top guys came over to work for us a few months later. With no active recruiting, of course. :)

Did you have your talk? How did it go?

Talk with the manager went ok, I guess :(

The whole argument stemmed from him wanting me to put an inferior quality product on a vehicle just because he "had it in stock".

As far as my credit, it's fine I suppose. Around 740-780 last time I checked.

As far as opening up my own business, no focking way :mad:

I've been here 15 years and see the trauma the owner goes through on a regular basis. I will probably eventually buy into the store and mebbe buy it outright sometime down the line, but who knows.

Thanx for asking

:dunno:

You musn't be that good of a mechanic if you have a manager

Guess not :banana:

You seem to have the owners favor (I'm guessing reacharounds early and often) so your prolly OK. :thumbsup:

:thumbsdown: