Sign in to follow this  
MDC

the ***OFFICIAL*** Eagles - Saints thread!

:dunno:

Garthia (6 straight wins)

Fixored

Saints don't stand a chance. Westy is going to run wild. Brees will find himself picking turf out of his helmet 6-8 times. Its tough to complete a pass while you are on the ground, thats for sure.

yes, because he got so beat up the first time they met. And how is that secondary going to cover Colston, Henderson, Copper AND Horn when Lito Sheppard isnt going to play?

This game wont even be as close as the first one, I am thinking 35-21 New Orleans.

OK, recent history the Saints beat the Eagles by 3 and finished 10-6. Guess what, the Eagles finished 10-6 as well. The Saints RECENTLY lost to the Redskins and Panthers at home. The Eagles haven't lost to anyone recently. Recent enough history for you?

They lost to the redskins, so what the eagles lost to the bucs a much worse team. As for the panthers, the saints sat their starters because they had the number 2 seed locked up and nothing to play for, to bad your eagles can't say the same. enjoy the food, the drinks on bourbon street, and the ass whooping complement of the saints.

:rolleyes: :P

Refreshing, coming from a Saints fan for all of 16 games.

ALL ABOARD!!!

Ha. Not quite. I've been a Saints fan for 23 years...

How long have you been a douche' bag for?

Actually, the Eagles had a bye last week and still almost lost.

Still "almost lost?" :rolleyes: The score may have been 23-20, but to claim that they "almost lost" is ludicrous.

After the Giants went up 7-0 on the first drive, the Eagles grabbed the lead and never relinquished it. The Giants never had a chance to make it so that the Eagles "almost lost."

I think that this weekend's game will be as tough as they come in these playoffs. I think that until the Superbowl, the Saints are the biggest test. The Bears suck and they'll be lucky to survive THIS week.

They lost to the redskins, so what the eagles lost to the bucs a much worse team. As for the panthers, the saints sat their starters because they had the number 2 seed locked up and nothing to play for, to bad your eagles can't say the same. enjoy the food, the drinks on bourbon street, and the ass whooping complement of the saints.

:rolleyes: :dunno:

Hmmm...in the Saints last 2 home games they LOST and are only 4-4 @ home all year. Not a good sign. Also, sure the Saints rested their starters in their last home game, so what, they lost. The Eagles also rested their starters in their last home game (not counting last week) and won.

You don't bring much to the table, do you?

:ninja: :banana:

Go away rooks, the 'Aints bandwagon is full.

23 years huh? So I guess you remember the last time the Eagles came to NO for a playoff game?

Hmmm. I think I banged your mama 23 years ago. Should I call you son?

:rolleyes:

Garthia

Garcia is a backup who has won 6 straight, Rating at abput 95, 2 INTs in 8 game appearances. Grossman is the undisputed starter with a QB rating somewhere around 70, 20 INTs, and a heavy reliance on D/ST to bail him out. Who would you rather have?

Go away rooks, the 'Aints bandwagon is full.

23 years huh? So I guess you remember the last time the Eagles came to NO for a playoff game?

:ninja:

Reggie running around holding the Safety sign above his head! :huh:

And how is that secondary going to cover Colston, Henderson, Copper AND Horn when Lito Sheppard isnt going to play?

is Joe Horn even playing? he's questionable, correct? he burned the Eagles last game but thats because Michael Lewis was out there making mistakes. hopefully Consodine won't bite.

the real question is, how will the Saints D stop Westbrook and the Eagles big boy Offensive Line? Hollis Thomas and Mark Simeoneau aren't scaring me. Eagles outrushed the Saints in the week 6 game and only ran the ball 16 times vs the Saints 30 times. With the Eagles more committed to the run now, it could be huge day from the rushing attack.

at least, i hope it is. i really expect both offenses to be at an advantage. whichever D can force a turnover or makes key 3rd down stops will win this game for their team.

Refreshing, coming from a Saints fan for all of 16 games.

ALL ABOARD!!!

You questioning anyone's loyalty is funny oh Steelers fan turned Eagles fan...

Saints receiver Joe Horn took a step back in his recovery from a groin injury Tuesday when he missed the team portion of practice.

Saints Coach Sean Payton said Horn will be listed as questionable on the injury report. Horn said he hopes to return to practice today.

"Actually, I could have worked today. But had I worked today, would I have made it worse?" asked Horn, who returned to practice last week for the first time in a month, then tweaked the injury on Monday.

Playoff FF

Play all of your Eagle players. The Saints suck in the playoffs and the score will be something like 42 - 10 Philly win. Saints just can't get it done in the Dome or in the Playoffs.

That should do it :dunno:

Hmmm. I think I banged your mama 23 years ago. Should I call you son?

Man, I can tell you took some time thinking up that one. Some people would just throw any old "Momma" joke out there; but you, you're the intellectual type, aren't you?

Always being a big believer in one good turn deserves another, here's a joke for you:

My mom has AIDS, so, you might want to get yourself tested... like, soon. Have you noticed any influenza-type symptoms? Any rashes or inflamations near the genitals? No matter, once it's begun, it cannot be stopped. I'll be scouring the obituaries of the Philly paper and when I see the one about how the guy with a home-made sex change operation and Richard Simmons posters strung across his walls died of the horrible disease, I'll chuckle softly to myself and think, "Way to go, mom"

And no, you can't call me son. Only NON limp-dicked faggots can call me that.

As for the topic at hand, the Eagles will still lose. Regardless of hom many bargain-basement books chock full of "Yo Momma" jokes Philly fans have purchased.

I hope the saints win, I took them to win the SB as my longshot pick at the beginning of the year... 85-1

(I also took the Cards, bad choice)

Man, I can tell you took some time thinking up that one. Some people would just throw any old "Momma" joke out there; but you, you're the intellectual type, aren't you?

Always being a big believer in one good turn deserves another, here's a joke for you:

My mom has AIDS, so, you might want to get yourself tested... like, soon. Have you noticed any influenza-type symptoms? Any rashes or inflamations near the genitals? No matter, once it's begun, it cannot be stopped. I'll be scouring the obituaries of the Philly paper and when I see the one about how the guy with a home-made sex change operation and Richard Simmons posters strung across his walls died of the horrible disease, I'll chuckle softly to myself and think, "Way to go, mom"

And no, you can't call me son. Only NON limp-dicked faggots can call me that.

As for the topic at hand, the Eagles will still lose. Regardless of hom many bargain-basement books chock full of "Yo Momma" jokes Philly fans have purchased.

:ninja: :D

Make sure you ask the bandwagon driver to stop before you jump off.

BUMP :unsure:

Philly geeks, I'll be with about 20 people at the Independence Brew Pub tomorrow night - I'll be in the black Lito Sheppard jersey.

:wall:

Enjoy the thrill of the playoffs this week. You won't be able to after Saturday.

:unsure:

Geez, 23 years of pure losing has made you bitter. Eagle fans enjoy the "thrill of the playoffs" every year. :wall: Best of luck, your team has their hands full.

Jim Johnson bests Payton.

E-A-G-L-E-S 27

saints 12

Geez, 23 years of pure losing has made you bitter. Eagle fans enjoy the "thrill of the playoffs" every year. :unsure: Best of luck, your team has their hands full.

Jim Johnson bests Payton.

E-A-G-L-E-S 27

saints 12

It really is funny how people seem to forget that the Eagles have probably had the most wins in the entire league since the turn of the century...

Since 2000...the Eagles record has been as follows:

2000: 11-5

2001: 11-5

2002: 12-4

2003: 12-4

2004: 13-3

2005: 6-10 (fluke year, injuries to mcnabb, westbrook, and the issue with you know who)

2006: 10-6

75 wins in the past 7 seasons. I think it is safe to say that even if the Eagles lose today, the Eagles won't fret. They'll win another 12 games next year and get another chance until they get the final prize.

Just think; now that Reid has finally realized that Westbrook is just as good a RB as Tiki Barber, the running game is great. Add in a healthy McNabb next year and the Eagles will be unstoppable. McNabb was torching the league at the beginning of this year even when the opponent knew it was going to be a pass play 70 percent of the time. How great will he be when they can't always be ready for the pass? The answer is you will see.

Garcia is no where near the level of McNabb. The Eagles current streak is a direct result of the discovery of the running game and the improved play of the Defense. Garcia is just managing the game, throwing around 170 yards and a TD or 2 without INTs for the most part. Adding a QB who is capable of 300+ yards and 3 TD any given sunday to a team that has a solid running game, defense, and the top OLINE in the league...LETHAL!!!

BUMP :pointstosky:

Philly geeks, I'll be with about 20 people at the Independence Brew Pub tomorrow night - I'll be in the black Lito Sheppard jersey.

:ninja:

I'll be hanging out at The Winner's Circle in Edgemont.

Dude, I thought you were the one not too keen on the Eagle's secondary. Lito? :banana:

I'll be hanging out at The Winner's Circle in Edgemont.

Dude, I thought you were the one not too keen on the Eagle's secondary. Lito? :ninja:

I'm not ... but I still root for the guy. :pointstosky:

(it's one of my 3 jerseys)

It really is funny how people seem to forget that the Eagles have probably had the most wins in the entire league since the turn of the century...

Since 2000...the Eagles record has been as follows:

2000: 11-5

2001: 11-5

2002: 12-4

2003: 12-4

2004: 13-3

2005: 6-10 (fluke year, injuries to mcnabb, westbrook, and the issue with you know who)

2006: 10-6

75 wins in the past 7 seasons. I think it is safe to say that even if the Eagles lose today, the Eagles won't fret. They'll win another 12 games next year and get another chance until they get the final prize.

Just think; now that Reid has finally realized that Westbrook is just as good a RB as Tiki Barber, the running game is great. Add in a healthy McNabb next year and the Eagles will be unstoppable. McNabb was torching the league at the beginning of this year even when the opponent knew it was going to be a pass play 70 percent of the time. How great will he be when they can't always be ready for the pass? The answer is you will see.

Garcia is no where near the level of McNabb. The Eagles current streak is a direct result of the discovery of the running game and the improved play of the Defense. Garcia is just managing the game, throwing around 170 yards and a TD or 2 without INTs for the most part. Adding a QB who is capable of 300+ yards and 3 TD any given sunday to a team that has a solid running game, defense, and the top OLINE in the league...LETHAL!!!

Congtats on haviing all those good seasons, and I'm sure you'll have another decent season next year. My question is since your team has been so good for so long what do your Superbowl rings look like?

:banana:

Congtats on haviing all those good seasons, and I'm sure you'll have another decent season next year. My question is since your team has been so good for so long what do your Superbowl rings look like?

He said good, not great. :banana:

Not much smack when the board Iggle fans outnumber the Saints fans 40-1. :banana:

The Eagles win in easier than expected fashion.

Eagles 38

Saints 24

I hate that score. :banana:

Good 1st-defensive series by the Eagles. After the 12-yard run by McAllister, I was happy to see Sheldon Brown drop that devastating blow on Reggie Bush... holy sh!t, what a hit! :P

Heckuva game so far. The kind of heckuva game that makes me sick to my stomach the entire time. :dunno:

Bush looks like he's recovered well from that early BLAST.

WOW what a huge hold on that Bush TD run. :dunno:

Am I crazy, but wasn't that Hail Mary really a TD by Colston. Had the ball and control, landed on his ass, THEN the ball was ripped out.

That's a TD.

I wasn't ever really a huge Reggie Bush fan....but after watching him in the second half of the season and this game..this kid is going to be a super stud...

Philly is going to win this game though....Garcia is settling in...and watch for Westbrook in the second half...

Am I crazy, but wasn't that Hail Mary really a TD by Colston. Had the ball and control, landed on his ass, THEN the ball was ripped out.

That's a TD.

nah...he never had control of the ball....the call on the field was correct.

So far so good. Hopefully the Eagles can get the run game going better. Maybe they should try something else besides just having Westbrook and Buckhalter running into the pile. :thumbsdown:

As previously stated the Saints have no chance. The Eagles are too dominating. You have Deuce getting 8 yards a carry but the Saints refuse to just grind it out. Horrible coaching. They love Bush too much.

Eagles better QB, better RB, better coaching, better D.

Saints lucky to stay close in the first half.

Final score Eagles 42 - 13. :thumbsdown: