Sign in to follow this  
MDC

the ***OFFICIAL*** Eagles - Saints thread!

Nice to see the refs getting so heavily involved in the game. What a complete bullshit call on Jones. :cheers:

Nice to see the refs getting so heavily involved in the game. What a complete bullshit call on Jones. :cheers:

The refs were destined to get involved. And will get more involved in the 4th quarter. Is there any better media angle than the Saints the year after Hurrican Katrina?

Yes, some NFL games are more fishy than others.

Horrible. :cheers:

Bullshit spot on Westbrook's run to the 2. And then the Eagles should have run it every time until they got the first down or turned the ball over.

The spot on 2nd down was bad. The play call on 3rd down was worse.

Exactly where I was at.

The eagles will end up being right with the Cowboys and thats watching the SB on T.V. Only thing they got out of it was a worse 1st round pick.

lol

First thing Westbrook caught all night, and that's the toughest one to catch.

Game over now. Saints have been controlling the line of scrimmage all night. Deuce for a first and then the kneels.

Ya gotta love the false start call after the Eagles make a 4th and 11.

Ya gotta love the false start call after the Eagles make a 4th and 11.

It was actually called before because Scott Young flinched. Scott Young cost the Eagles the game.

Am I crazy, but wasn't that Hail Mary really a TD by Colston. Had the ball and control, landed on his ass, THEN the ball was ripped out.

That's a TD.

You would think with the way the NFL was fixing this game for the Hurricane victims....they would have called that a TD? :cheers:

Let's be honest. When you know the other team is going to run straight up the gut and you can't get a hand on the runningback until three yards downfield, you deserve to lose.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Just not good enough. Also, I can't f'n believe they punted the f'n ball with the way the defense was playing. F me.

:cheers:

It was actually called before because Scott Young flinched. Scott Young cost the Eagles the game.

Yep, that is the thing about thinking the refs got it in for them....things like false start and holding penalties are usually called when the play is in the very early stages. The ref calling holding at the line of scrimmage isn't looking downfield or even looking to see if a QB has thrown the ball or if a RB has gone thru the line yet. They throw the flag, then the play happens. It's not like they wait for the play to be over and throw a holding or false start penalty.

Let's be honest. When you know the other team is going to run straight up the gut and you can't get a hand on the runningback until three yards downfield, you deserve to lose.

on the 2nd down run, when they showed the replay, I swear I saw an Eagles Saftey 20 yards deep :cheers:

Yep, that is the thing about thinking the refs got it in for them....things like false start and holding penalties are usually called when the play is in the very early stages. The ref calling holding at the line of scrimmage isn't looking downfield or even looking to see if a QB has thrown the ball or if a RB has gone thru the line yet. They throw the flag, then the play happens. It's not like they wait for the play to be over and throw a holding or false start penalty.

Well said Mike Perriera! :thumbsup:

Not sure that they would have won... but they totally mishandled the 2-and-1 at the 2 when the Saints were up 27-21. Run the ball 3 times up the gut.

IMO, Westbrook has a career day. 185+ yards from scrimmage, 3 TDs. Look at what he did this past weekend when he was under the weather?

no weather in a dome :thumbsup:

Not sure that they would have won... but they totally mishandled the 2-and-1 at the 2 when the Saints were up 27-21. Run the ball 3 times up the gut.

Agree - If you can't get 1 yard on three runs, you have a problem.

It was a valiant effort by the Birds. Unfortunately, the weaknesses on defense really showed tonite.

I don't know what happened, but where the fock was Brian Dawkins? I didn't hear his name called at all.

They got worn down, just like they did at the beginning of the season.

Westbrook showed that he's an All Pro running back capable of carrying the offense on his shoulders. I like to see Stallworth back next year, because I think he's a good complement for Brown.

Defensively, it showed the LBs are too slow. Gaither did not play very well, and Trotter got blocked by Jeff Faine most of the nite (held, too, but that's another story). Bye bye Dhani Jones. Tonite he got exposed again.

Congrats to the Saints. Well deserved win.

I still can't believe they punted that ball on 4th down, with how their defense was playing. Unreal.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Just not good enough. Also, I can't f'n believe they punted the f'n ball with the way the defense was playing. F me.

:thumbsup:

That was one of the dumbest calls I have ever seen.

You punt they get a 1st down, you lose. Or IF you stop them the Saints punt and the Eagles get the ball where at the 35 yard line where they orginally had the ball, but lost a minute off the clock

OR you go for it, dont get it and they

A) get a 1st down game over

:( they dont get it, they attempt a long FG, make it and are down 6, dont make it and you get the ball back.

Or you could just convert the 4th down

Serioulsy there should be someone on the sidelines that is thinking of this sh1t its truly amazing how dumb coaches are

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

I agree with this 100%

I still can't believe they punted that ball on 4th down, with how their defense was playing. Unreal.

really..what was THAT about?....I didnt get that...

the D was tired...you just completed the first...so youre sent back..you know you can complete it again..or maybe draw a flag...

it says a lot to say D..im counting on you to make the biggest stand of the year...i just dont like giving the ball back...

though the brees to bush flip was almost a romo all timer...anyone else have flashbacks of the navy-bc bowl game? who flips the ball when you are running the clock down?...

garcia had a great season and they did it again without TO..in fact, they went further than TO..

with mcnabb back, it may make things interesting..if anything, the eagles have fine trade bait with garcia..not bad for a cast off from detroit...

The Eagles impressed me a lot this year. They could have packed it up when McNabb got knocked out for the year, but instead they circled the wagons and worked their asses off to get to the playoffs.

Eagles fans, you should be proud of your team. :banana:

The Eagles impressed me a lot this year. They could have packed it up when McNabb got knocked out for the year, but instead they circled the wagons and worked their asses off to get to the playoffs.

We are, don't worry. One of the things, I think, the team got out of this year was Andy Reid becoming a better head coach. He's always been the control freak, and he always had to do everything. When he deferred to Marty with the playcalling, he immediately became a better head coach. You could see the gameplan change, and you could see how an outside influence was able to get the offense back in gear.

No more silly timeouts, the penalties and mistakes started to get minimized. As time wore on, Andy was suddenly able to become a consultant to Marty with the offense because he was able to watch the game, the alignments, much better because he didn't have that huge focking playsheet in front of him.

I hope McNabb takes a page or two from Garcia. We all know he's a great guy and he loves fun, but hey, fock the fun on the field and get'r'done. Play with some enthusiasm and the team will respond.

Not at the moment.

The eagles will end up being right with the Cowboys and thats watching the SB on T.V. Only thing they got out of it was a worse 1st round pick.

lol

Can you speak up please. It's really tough to hear the guys from below when you're sitting at the top of the division. Not trying to be a d!ck or nothing but maybe try shouting to get us to look down and give you some attention.

Well said Mike Perriera! :cheers:

:clap: Good luck tomorrow. Maybe you can avenge last years robbery. Eagles fan pulling for ya based on principal alone! :banana:

Good job Andy Reid. :banana:

2-7-NO44 (3:24) D.Brees FUMBLES (Aborted) at PHI 44, RECOVERED by PHI-D.Howard at PHI 44. D.Howard to PHI 44 for no gain (D.Brees).

1-10-PHI44 (3:18) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass short left to B.Westbrook to PHI 43 for -1 yards (F.Thomas).

2-11-PHI43 (2:37) B.Westbrook right end to PHI 44 for 1 yard (S.Fujita).

3-10-PHI44 (2:02) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete short right to B.Westbrook [s.Fujita].

4-10-PHI44 (1:56) (Shotgun)

PENALTY on PHI-S.Young, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 44 - No Play.

4-15-PHI39 (1:56) D.Johnson punts 39 yards to NO 22, Center-J.Dorenbos, fair catch by R.Bush.

:rolleyes:

Good job Andy Reid. :banana:

:rolleyes:

I agree that was pretty moronic to punt in that situation. The defense hadn't proven all night they could stop the Saints and instead of taking his chances on 4th down he punts? What a complete give up. At worst if they don't make it on 4th down the Saints would have just tried to get a first down and run the clock out.

I agree that was pretty moronic to punt in that situation. The defense hadn't proven all night they could stop the Saints and instead of taking his chances on 4th down he punts? What a complete give up. At worst if they don't make it on 4th down the Saints would have just tried to get a first down and run the clock out.

Bull. There were a few 3 and outs during the evening.

Reid took a gamble and he lost.

People should STFU, really. Reid's a good coach. He didnt' blow the game for them. He wasn't blocking (or not blocking in a lot of cases). He wasn't missing tackles and assignments. He wasn't getting blown off the ball. :banana:

Agree - If you can't get 1 yard on three runs, you have a problem.

That's just one of those times where I'd rather take the chance, blow it, and have the Saints pinned down on the 1 rather than take the 3 points. And I guess that's also why I'm not the head coach. I'm not saying that the Eagles would have won 28-27... but a focking QB sneak there gives them a TD, there is no question in my mind.

Havent heard this talked about, but the Saints should have gone for 2 pts on their late TDs. Keeping it within 6 didnt make alot of sense at the time imo.