Sign in to follow this  
berven

What Super Bowl matchup do you dread?

What Super Bowl matchup do you least want to see? My own choice would be a CHI-BALT showdown. I fear a 15-12 game in which Matt Stover is MVP because he kicks 5 FGs to Gould's 4. Worse yet would be a 3-0 Ravens victory with Ray Lewis as MVP again. I see no potential for excitement in this matchup; the game would not even rival the halftime show.

Pats vs Eagles

Two teams that have no business playing for the champoinship. :(

Pats vs Eagles

Two teams that have no business playing for the champoinship. :doh:

Hmmm...2 division winners have no business in the SB. Yeah...that's the ticket. :(

I agree with the Bears vs Ravens...blah...

What Super Bowl matchup do you least want to see? My own choice would be a CHI-BALT showdown. I fear a 15-12 game in which Matt Stover is MVP because he kicks 5 FGs to Gould's 4. Worse yet would be a 3-0 Ravens victory with Ray Lewis as MVP again. I see no potential for excitement in this matchup; the game would not even rival the halftime show.

Agreed: BEARS/RAVENS = :(

I love how people always complain that they want a playoff in College. But, then in the pros those same people make a dumb statement about how certain teams don't deserve to play for a championship.

Any SuperBowl with the Saints not playing for the NFC....

Eagles, Bears, and Seahawks all suck.....the SB is the AFC Championship game folks....

and im a NFC fan.

Im sure we would see some TDs......Def can score ya know.....Grossman would have 2 TDs for the Ravens....that Arizona-Bears game was exciting....SP Teams and Def for the Bears....

you guys gotta learn to respect the defensive side of the ball man....

I know most people like offense and flash and all that just like they do in all sports, but I can't understand why the defense gets no props man... :mad: best damn advice I've ever gotten from a coach when I was younger ...why would you want to be the guy getting hit and not the one doing the hitting ? While everyone was dying to be the QB, RB, Wr... I was first in line to play MLB, SS, FB.....

Bears/Ravens would be a backyard defensive brawl... how can you not want to see and enjoy a war like that...

Any SuperBowl with the Saints not playing for the NFC....

Eagles, Bears, and Seahawks all suck.....the SB is the AFC Championship game folks....

and im a NFC fan.

Thats funny the Seahawks totally out played the Chargers just a few weeks ago. If not for a blown coverage the Ravens would have home field.

Hmmm...2 division winners have no business in the SB. Yeah...that's the ticket. :mad:

I agree with the Bears vs Ravens...blah...

JMHO :dunno:

Thats funny the Seahawks totally out played the Chargers just a few weeks ago. If not for a blown coverage the Ravens would have home field.

Your point? :mad:

I know most people like offense and flash and all that just like they do in all sports, but I can't understand why the defense gets no props man... :dunno: best damn advice I've ever gotten from a coach when I was younger ...why would you want to be the guy getting hit and not the one doing the hitting ? While everyone was dying to be the QB, RB, Wr... I was first in line to play MLB, SS, FB.....

Bears/Ravens would be a backyard defensive brawl... how can you not want to see and enjoy a war like that...

Defensive football is GREAT during the regular season, but in the SB I want to see offense so the score keeps changing. Great for block pools, prop bets, etc...and makes for a better party, IMO.

JMHO :lol:

You're dumb. JMHO :mad:

You're dumb. JMHO :ninja:

Perhaps, but at least I am not a internet pvssy posing as a tough guy :D

Defensive football is GREAT during the regular season, but in the SB I want to see offense so the score keeps changing. Great for block pools, prop bets, etc...and makes for a better party, IMO.

I feel the opposite... I prefer the offensive football during the regular season... when its a defensive game like Balt/Chic during the regular season you just pray you have no players in fantasy for that game...well unless they're IDP'ers :ninja: but in the Playoffs or a big, big game who cares.... fantasy really isn't on the line you can watch two great defensive teams bang it out and bring the pain... the strongest survives

But you're right it would probably ruin the SB party if its a defensive game because of the pools/props etc....most fans just want action and scoring and have a one track mind in pretty much all sports

I agree with jarvis.... Seahawks/Ravens. Would be a slaughter, and uninteresting to boot.

I'm not the one calling another guy a pvssy...tough guy.

True, I figured you out, pvssy... :ninja:

I know most people like offense and flash and all that just like they do in all sports, but I can't understand why the defense gets no props man... :lol: best damn advice I've ever gotten from a coach when I was younger ...why would you want to be the guy getting hit and not the one doing the hitting ? While everyone was dying to be the QB, RB, Wr... I was first in line to play MLB, SS, FB.....

I love a great defensive battle, but my fear is that the Ravens/Bears offenses would be so sloppy, inept, and boring that it would drag the game down into punt fest. :headbanger:

I am dreading a Lions/Raiders matchup. Man that would suck.

:dunno: ;)

Another reason I fear a CHI-BALT Super Bowl is that Grossman will embarrass the NFC and the NFL if he appears in his Groucho Grossman persona, going something like 4 of 15 for -18 yards with 3 INTs until replaced by Griese. I think Rex has talent, but he is one of those guys who is truly awful when he is bad. Craig Morton used to be Jekyll-and-Hyde like that. I won a crucial FF game this year because I dropped Grossman and my opponent picked him up, started him, and got negative points.

While some aficianados may prefer a taut defensive struggle, I want some offense. For one thing, TV coverage makes it harder to appreciate the defensive play. The cameras zero in on offensive skill players, not the defensive guys.

Being a Bears fan, I can't include them here (I would love a brawl between Bears and Balt), the matchup I would hate to see is Seattle palying anyone. Seattle vs SD or Balt would probably be the worst matchup(s).

I love a great defensive battle, but my fear is that the Ravens/Bears offenses would be so sloppy, inept, and boring that it would drag the game down into punt fest. :sleep:

2006 Pts For

Bears 427 :pointstosky:

Ravens 353 :ninja:

Seabags 335 :sleep:

A Super Bowl with the Pats in it again. Don't like 'em, tired of seeing 'em. Not terribly interested in hearing the announcers slobber all over Brady's knob again either. :pointstosky:

A Super Bowl with the Pats in it again. Don't like 'em, tired of seeing 'em. Not terribly interested in hearing the announcers slobber all over Brady's knob again either. :pointstosky:

jealousy sucks :sleep:

Pats - Seahawks would be my least favourite. For above stated reason and it would be almost guarenteed to be a 34-13 snoozer.

jealousy sucks :pointstosky:

nausea, not jealousy - HTH!

jealousy sucks :pointstosky:

Not a jealous person. I've never liked the Pats, from all the way back to when I was living in South Weymouth, MA, 20 years ago. Never been around a bigger bunch of whiney fair-weather fans in all my life. :down:

Even if I had no opinion of the Pats or MA, I'd still say I want to see someone different in the SB. I'd like to see the Colts and New Orleans or the Bears (and I'm a Packer fan...go figure!) this time.

Not a jealous person. I've never liked the Pats, from all the way back to when I was living in South Weymouth, MA, 20 years ago. Never been around a bigger bunch of whiney fair-weather fans in all my life. :down:

Even if I had no opinion of the Pats or MA, I'd still say I want to see someone different in the SB. I'd like to see the Colts and New Orleans or the Bears (and I'm a Packer fan...go figure!) this time.

Well I have gone through the tough times with the pats have been a fan for 25 years and winny fans are everywhere not just here in New England :huh:

Well I have gone through the tough times with the pats have been a fan for 25 years and winny fans are everywhere not just here in New England :huh:

Well, I'm glad to hear you're not one of them. But I can tell you that while there are whiney fans everywhere (and I've lived practically everywhere in the US), there were more of them in Massachussetts than anywhere else. Maybe that's changed since I lived there, but I somehow doubt it.

The "H" in JMHO and IMHO stands for humble. None of you jerks are humble, so please leave the H out in further posts. Thank you.

:huh:

Well I have gone through the tough times with the pats have been a fan for 25 years and winny fans are everywhere not just here in New England :pointstosky:

boo fockin hoo. You have 3 championships this decade. Get to the back of the bus and sit down.

i think that Saints vs. Patriots woud be the worst matchup. The game itself would be fine but i couldnt stand to hear the announcers drone on and on about brady and brees.

I know most people like offense and flash and all that just like they do in all sports, but I can't understand why the defense gets no props man... :doh: best damn advice I've ever gotten from a coach when I was younger ...why would you want to be the guy getting hit and not the one doing the hitting ? While everyone was dying to be the QB, RB, Wr... I was first in line to play MLB, SS, FB.....

Or you could just be good enough to play on both sides of the ball. :thumbsup:

I love defensive football and like the Bears, but have no inclination to see the Ravens do well past McNair.

Just based on teams and players I despise the most... I'd say the match-up I'd hate to see is Indy (Hate Manning, except in commercials.. think Dungy is soft, and really don't like a singel player on their team past Marvin) vs the Seahawks (obvious since I am a Rams fan).

Chargers - Saints would be fun for me personally.

A Super Bowl with the Pats in it again. Don't like 'em, tired of seeing 'em. Not terribly interested in hearing the announcers slobber all over Brady's knob again either. :thumbsup:

:doh: Saves me the trouble of having to type it!