Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

LT Press conference

The Patriots team starts with the coach........he's shown what kind of a man he is.

The actions of Merriman are stupid.....just like most of the idiotic dances based on stupid things. You'd think guys had one the super bowl sometimes as much as they celebrate a stupid 1st down.

In my eyes this act was not a celebration dance, it was a disrespect dance. There is a difference. One may be stupid after a sack, a 1st down, a td, but the other is meant to belittle and mock.

Patriots have done that to the Eagles before. Their beginning an ugly track record and maybe LT's right. Maybe they are following their coaches lead. :cheers:

You could be right. Because conversely LT2 and the Chargers do seem to have followed their coach's lead and have become stupid,crybaby LOSERS. :dunno:

You are :cheers: just like LT. The Chargers were talking trash during the week leading up to the game and during the game. If they can't handle someone celebrating on their field, then I have a suggestion... DON'T LOSE THE GAME.

The Chargers were outplayed and outclassed. The Chargers made mistakes and lost their heads, which cost them that game.

I know that you are hung up on the "if" part of the equation. That is related to whether the Pats had a planned celebration on the logo to mock Merriman. I know that you are willing to make that leap of faith, but I am not. You are justifying everyone else who has a celebration, but the Pats are taunting when they do the EXACT SAME THING. That is the definition of a hypocrite.

If the Chargers were doing all of the things that we are hearing they did during the game (including LT), then LT and his teammates deserved to have the Pats drop trow on the field and piss on their logo.

:alsonotreally:

The chargers talking trash is irrelevant...again, you are trying to justify some actions that are beyond defense.

I have the same suggestion I had earlier...act like you have been there before. Instead of pointing fingers and giving us the same old "well they were talking trash" defense...show some class and be above all that. Those Pat players simply were not above it and dropped down even below pregame and in game trash talk.

One guy lost his head and got flagged for it...and yes, they made more mistakes and more costly mistakes...nobody is denying that at all and is just another irrelevant piece of information you are throwing out there to try and deflect from the topic at hand.

Im not hung up on the if...you are. I already realize it was an actual incident...not an alleged one.

Now you backtrack to "if it was planned"? Planned or not planned does not change how much of an unclassy move it was.

I justify in game celebrations...what they did was after the game and it was meant to mock the fans and the player. There is no other spin to that. It is not hypocrisy...it is the ability to see the difference in actions.

TO signing a football was not a big thing. A little cheesy and idiotic...but a far cry from his going to midfield at Texas Stadium. That showed lack of class and was meant to show up the opponent and fans.

If the Chargers were doing all of those things we heard...who cares...it was in the game as part of the emotions and everything else.

You really want to justify a post game taunt because of in-game trash talking?

Are you really stooping to that level?

This is tantamount to dancing on the logo of Charger fans' hearts. Expect a visit from LT.

:cheers:

The chargers talking trash is irrelevant...again, you are trying to justify some actions that are beyond defense.

I have the same suggestion I had earlier...act like you have been there before. Instead of pointing fingers and giving us the same old "well they were talking trash" defense...show some class and be above all that. Those Pat players simply were not above it and dropped down even below pregame and in game trash talk.

One guy lost his head and got flagged for it...and yes, they made more mistakes and more costly mistakes...nobody is denying that at all and is just another irrelevant piece of information you are throwing out there to try and deflect from the topic at hand.

Im not hung up on the if...you are. I already realize it was an actual incident...not an alleged one.

Now you backtrack to "if it was planned"? Planned or not planned does not change how much of an unclassy move it was.

I justify in game celebrations...what they did was after the game and it was meant to mock the fans and the player. There is no other spin to that. It is not hypocrisy...it is the ability to see the difference in actions.

TO signing a football was not a big thing. A little cheesy and idiotic...but a far cry from his going to midfield at Texas Stadium. That showed lack of class and was meant to show up the opponent and fans.

If the Chargers were doing all of those things we heard...who cares...it was in the game as part of the emotions and everything else.

You really want to justify a post game taunt because of in-game trash talking?

Are you really stooping to that level?

You continue to blow it out of proportion. You can say that there is a difference between in-game taunting/celebration and post-game celebration/taunting, but I don't agree. I say that the Patriots should have maintained their composure and taken the high road, but they didn't. I just don't think that it is the big deal that you seem to think it is.

If that is "stooping" in your book, then you might want to adjust your book. :cheers:

For one...neither of them have 3 Super Bowl Rings.

The franchise might have 3 SB rings, but I'll bet the Pats that were taunting have none.

You are :dunno: just like LT. The Chargers were talking trash during the week leading up to the game and during the game. If they can't handle someone celebrating on their field, then I have a suggestion... DON'T LOSE THE GAME.

The Chargers were outplayed and outclassed. The Chargers made mistakes and lost their heads, which cost them that game.

I know that you are hung up on the "if" part of the equation. That is related to whether the Pats had a planned celebration on the logo to mock Merriman. I know that you are willing to make that leap of faith, but I am not. You are justifying everyone else who has a celebration, but the Pats are taunting when they do the EXACT SAME THING. That is the definition of a hypocrite.

If the Chargers were doing all of the things that we are hearing they did during the game (including LT), then LT and his teammates deserved to have the Pats drop trow on the field and piss on their logo.

:alsonotreally:

- "Don't lose the game" is glossing over the issue which someone else already mentioned. You're giving YOUR team a pass.....I see that as weak.

- I watched the game and I'm neither a Charger nor a Pats fan, but the game I saw had the Chargers neither outplayed nor outclassed. Chargers blew a lot of chances and the Pats got some great breaks. I don't care that the Pats won but in the game I saw, they did not outplay the Chargers by any means. And as far as outclassed....well....isn't that the reason we're all here right now? Because of their lack of class?

- I see a clear difference between some made up dance and what the Pats were doing. Merriman's dance is moronic and it seperates him from the rest of the team in a game which makes me hate it (you don't ever see LT doing that), but the Pats mocking his dance, throwing the helmets down on the logo, showing the choke sign is taunting and disrespecting. You are a blind homer if you can't see the difference in my opinion.

- What did the Chargers do during the game? (Be sure to add a link)

That seems to be what the Pat's fans are doing actually.

Saying...well they talked trash...or Merriman dances...or TO does this and that...so that makes it ok if we stomp on the logo and dance?

I think what most Pats fans are saying is that if LT calls the Pats celebration "classless" then he should also agree that Merriman is "classless". But if he has no problems with Merriman's celebration, then stfu.

The franchise might have 3 SB rings, but I'll bet the Pats that were taunting have none.

Maybe you're right. You'd never see Brady do that who's proven himself to be very classy. Maybe the players should have a talk with the ones that don't have the rings. Maybe they should talk to the head coach while they're at it.

- What did the Chargers do during the game? (Be sure to add a link)

Listen to WEEI.com and you will hear discussion of the Chargers doing nothing but talking before and during the game. That came from the Patriots players yesterday "off the record". You know that the Patriots will not say anything on the record about what the Chargers were doing during the game. Belichick yesterday had nothing but praise for LT and the rest of the Chargers even when he was read LT's comments from Sunday.

However, here is one example for you - Not only was Florence an idiot for headbutting on that play, immediately before that, he got in the face of another Patriots player with one of his little dances.

How about Merriman dancing after he hurried Brady? It was not a sack, just a hurry.

How about patting Brady on the head when he threw one of his 3 interceptions?

As far as the outplaying and outclassing on the field, the Pats MADE those breaks. They kept their cool. Listen to a Monday in Boston and you will hear how Belichick and his staff prepares his team for every little situation. One thing that they worked on this past week was keeping your head when a SD player does not. They worked on that.

San Diego had more talent on offense and defense, but they did not play to their potential. With the exception of LT, the entire SD team was lacking in making plays.

:dunno:

You continue to blow it out of proportion. You can say that there is a difference between in-game taunting/celebration and post-game celebration/taunting, but I don't agree. I say that the Patriots should have maintained their composure and taken the high road, but they didn't. I just don't think that it is the big deal that you seem to think it is.

If that is "stooping" in your book, then you might want to adjust your book. :thumbsup:

How do i blow it out of proportion.

All I have said was that the actions by those few were not classy.

That is pretty much it.

I have not extrpolated to anything beyond that...you continue to do so though.

Listen to WEEI.com and you will hear discussion of the Chargers doing nothing but talking before and during the game. That came from the Patriots players yesterday "off the record". You know that the Patriots will not say anything on the record about what the Chargers were doing during the game. Belichick yesterday had nothing but praise for LT and the rest of the Chargers even when he was read LT's comments from Sunday.

However, here is one example for you - Not only was Florence an idiot for headbutting on that play, immediately before that, he got in the face of another Patriots player with one of his little dances.

How about Merriman dancing after he hurried Brady? It was not a sack, just a hurry.

How about patting Brady on the head when he threw one of his 3 interceptions?

As far as the outplaying and outclassing on the field, the Pats MADE those breaks. They kept their cool. Listen to a Monday in Boston and you will hear how Belichick and his staff prepares his team for every little situation. One thing that they worked on this past week was keeping your head when a SD player does not. They worked on that.

San Diego had more talent on offense and defense, but they did not play to their potential. With the exception of LT, the entire SD team was lacking in making plays.

:thumbsup:

Again, I never supported Merriman, Florence, or anyone else for their individual acts. I just believe you show your homerism by bringing up individual acts before or during the game when we're talking about many players who were involved in the taunts on the middle of the field directly after the game.

You can call it "made" breaks or anything else you want.....breaks are breaks. Sometimes you need breaks to win a game.....no team is above a few breaks. But you stated SD was outplayed by NE, and that's just not true.

You're a homer. Congrats. Good luck next week. :cheers:

:thumbsdown:	  :lol: 

So because the clock hit 0:00 everyone is supposed to just shut down their emotions :thumbsup:

What happens in the "game" is not just while the clock is running. Players get jacked up in the tunnel before introduction and are emotional after the clock expires. That's just human nature.

How do i blow it out of proportion.

All I have said was that the actions by those few were not classy.

That is pretty much it.

I have not extrpolated to anything beyond that...you continue to do so though.

Now I think that you are minimizing what you said earlier. You were condemning the coach (called him an a-hole, I believe) and the organization.

As I stated, the actions of those players is not what I would have liked to see, but it is not that big of a deal given the situation that those players were put in. You disagree. Fine.

Interesting perspective from someone who is not a fan of either team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6376116...CP&GT1=9012

Throughout his Hall of Fame career, LaDainian Tomlinson has been the epitome of class.

That is why his reaction to the Patriots celebration on Sunday was a bit bizarre and out of character.

But Tomlinson took it too far by ripping Bill Belichick and going after the Patriots players who were celebrating and mocking Shawne Merriman. Look, if you are going to have players who act as individuals, those types of actions, especially for high profile players like Merriman, will be imitated at inopportune times. Just like Chad Johnson did the same thing after scoring a touchdown against the Chargers.

We interviewed Caldwell at 5:30 ET Monday afternoon, 15 minutes after he talked with Tomlinson.

Caldwell said, "He's a great player and a great guy. I still keep in touch with him. He just told me to tell everyone in the locker room that he didn't mean anything by it. Tomlinson was just upset that they lost the game and that was it. He didn't mean any harm. He wasn't trying to fight anybody. He just wanted to let everyone know that was disrespectful to stomp on the middle of the field or imitate Shawne Merriman or whatever. It all looked worse than it really was. And we didn't mean any harm by it, by what we did. It was a hard fought game and we were very excited to win in San Diego. Believe me, if they won, they would've celebrated a heck of a lot more."

Based on the personalities on the Chargers and the way they were talking all week, he's right.

Chargers players talking all throughout the game? I certainly believe it, but, are we supposed to believe the Patriots players were not talking all throughout the game as well? B)

Also, can someone give me a recap of what exactly went on at the end? All I know is the Pats celebrated by doing the lights out dance on the helmet and LT got mad and confronted someone (and has since talked to the media to call the Pats classless and to suggest that maybe Belichick is at fault). I don't know any of the details about the choke sign or anything that was said on the field after the game or anything else that happened. Someone please fill me in, TIA.

Chargers players talking all throughout the game? I certainly believe it, but, are we supposed to believe the Patriots players were not talking all throughout the game as well? :banana:

Also, can someone give me a recap of what exactly went on at the end? All I know is the Pats celebrated by doing the lights out dance on the helmet and LT got mad and confronted someone (and has since talked to the media to call the Pats classless and to suggest that maybe Belichick is at fault). I don't know any of the details about the choke sign or anything that was said on the field after the game or anything else that happened. Someone please fill me in, TIA.

Here is what we can gather thus far, although I have not see the context of any of them.

Reliable sources indicate that Patriots players were dancing on the field after the game on the logo of the Chargers (mid-field) and doing Merriman's dance. They gave the choke sign to Kaeding after he missed the 54 yarder. They also pointed to fans in the crowd and then pointed to the scoreboard. There are also reports that they took off their helmets too early and were penalized.

Unconfirmed reports from LT indicate that the Patriot players also took several children hostage, killed some puppies, and failed to wash their hands after going potty. :banana:

Reliable sources indicate that Patriots players were dancing on the field after the game on the logo of the Chargers (mid-field) and doing Merriman's dance. They gave the choke sign to Kaeding after he missed the 54 yarder. They also pointed to fans in the crowd and then pointed to the scoreboard. There are also reports that they took off their helmets too early and were penalized.

Thanks. I do remember the penalty for the helmets.

LT should have never said anything to the media. If he was mad and wanted to try to put a stop to it on the field I have no problem with that, but no good is going to come of filling the media in.

I do hate the choke sign crap. I will never forget Reggie Miller doing the choke sign while leaving the court after the Knicks game where he clearly pushed Greg Anthony to the ground to get the steal and the last three pointer to complete the comeback. He's a dick and so is whoever did it for the Pats.

Guest JahRasta311

LT should have never said anything to the media. If he was mad and wanted to try to put a stop to it on the field I have no problem with that, but no good is going to come of filling the media in.

I do hate the choke sign crap. I will never forget Reggie Miller doing the choke sign while leaving the court after the Knicks game where he clearly pushed Greg Anthony to the ground to get the steal and the last three pointer to complete the comeback. He's a dick and so is whoever did it for the Pats.

So you want sports stars to start pleading the 5th when they do press conferences?

So you want sports stars to start pleading the 5th when they do press conferences?

This isn't about what I want. He can do what he wants and I still have respect for him. I just think for his own good, he'd have been better off just letting his actions speak for themselves and not trying to justify them over several days with the press. It's the whole "anything you say can and will be held against you" thing, LT is getting a good lesson in media scrutiny this week.

Guest JahRasta311

This isn't about what I want. He can do what he wants and I still have respect for him. I just think for his own good, he'd have been better off just letting his actions speak for themselves and not trying to justify them over several days with the press. It's the whole "anything you say can and will be held against you" thing, LT is getting a good lesson in media scrutiny this week.

How is anything LT said going to effect him in any way?

Now I think that you are minimizing what you said earlier. You were condemning the coach (called him an a-hole, I believe) and the organization.

As I stated, the actions of those players is not what I would have liked to see, but it is not that big of a deal given the situation that those players were put in. You disagree. Fine.

I stated that the criticism of the coach is warranted based on past behavior...and further that I believe the conduct of his players is a reflection on him...whether he likes it or not.

I have not condemned the organization at all. I have said it was bad because it was from an organization that prides itself on being classy.

I believe it is you who have blown my comments completely out of proportion.

I think it was a big deal more so because of the shock that it came out of the Patriots...as I said, a team with the reputation is not where you expect that to come....

Given the situation the players were put in? There you go again...making excuses and defending the actions because someone talked trash to them first...

Part of your question above stated that LT called the Patriots classless.

I don't think that is accurate either....here is his quote...

"When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful. They showed no class and maybe that comes from the head coach."

The they were the players who did the dance...not the organization as a whole.

As for what he should and should not say to the media....what do you expect? People say the same about Favre. The media do nothing but promote this crap because it gets people talking. So you know LT would not have heard a single question about the actual game in the presser after it was over. You know the first 50 questions would have been asking him about what happened after the game.

Sure, I agree at this point he should not have said what he did about the coach...that is where I believe he went over the line.

No disrespect to Sho or Patriotsfatboy1 but can the Mods please lock this thread. Enough already! :dunno: :unsure:

No disrespect to Sho or Patriotsfatboy1 but can the Mods please lock this thread. Enough already! :rolleyes: :ninja:

You don't have to worry about me. I am done (this time for real). :dunno:

No disrespect to Sho or Patriotsfatboy1 but can the Mods please lock this thread. Enough already! :ninja: ;)

LIGHTS OUT! :rolleyes: :dunno:

Its obvious right now you are unable to have a rational discussion.

Pot calling the kettle black :thumbsup:

Pot calling the kettle black :banana:

Ahhh...seems I now have a stalker....and an ignorant one at that. :thumbsup:

Ahhh...seems I now have a stalker....and an ignorant one at that. :D

You only wish, Swamp Nuff.

Little secret for you that everybody else already knows, you are a fraud. You have basically no football knowledge other than the stats you read in the paper, which is great for fantasy but wont get you very far when it comes to real football talk.

You only wish, Swamp Nuff.

Little secret for you that everybody else already knows, you are a fraud. You have basically no football knowledge other than the stats you read in the paper, which is great for fantasy but wont get you very far when it comes to real football talk.

Wow...Id love for you to find a single person that would actually agree to that statement...much less "everybody".

Coming from a guy that who said things dumb enough to get me to defend swamp dog....I doubt you will find many backers....might be time to create a few aliai....

Wow...Id love for you to find a single person that would actually agree to that statement...much less "everybody".

Coming from a guy that who said things dumb enough to get me to defend swamp dog....I doubt you will find many backers....might be time to create a few aliai....

LOL of course you revert to "Coming from a guy..." speach. I think we have heard this one a couple of times.

I am sorry that the truth hurts, but it had to be told.

LOL of course you revert to "Coming from a guy..." speach. I think we have heard this one a couple of times.

I am sorry that the truth hurts, but it had to be told.

In other words...you cannot find anyone to support your BS.

Thanks...that is what I thought.

Go ahead and log out now...then back in so you can stop the chirping of the crickets.

Maybe you should say I am swamp dog again.

In other words...you cannot find anyone to support your BS.

Thanks...that is what I thought.

Go ahead and log out now...then back in so you can stop the chirping of the crickets.

Maybe you should say I am swamp dog again.

pretty defensive?????? maybe you should look into that.

pretty defensive?????? maybe you should look into that.

Come on man...back up the crap you spew...its been quite a while since you posted that and notice not even the trolls are out supporting you...there is a reason for that....

Hey, if you don't like the player's police reports, quit watching football. Otherwise stfu, right?

I like this if-then-stfu philosophy. It solves every problem.

My BIL and I wont let our kids watch the antics of TO, Randy et al, and now, we wont let them watch the Pat's either. We prefer they watch teams that deomnstrate class and an appropriate behavior in given circumstances. :banana:

My BIL and I wont let our kids watch the antics of TO, Randy et al, and now, we wont let them watch the Pat's either. We prefer they watch teams that deomnstrate class and an appropriate behavior in given circumstances. :banana:

I assume you don't let them watch the Ravens and Ray Lewis then?