Sign in to follow this  
Badmojo1006

New Time Waster

Haven't played this in a while, but the best I ever got was around 50,000 and finished with about a dozen lives. The only key I can give is to "buy" fire then nothing but interest. Try to keep the bare minimum on the board so that you aren't wasting money.

Ok! :thumbsup:

Alright!

As I was playing the game, I came to the conclusion that having many water towers are the key to slowing them down so that those rocket launchers can do the damage needed to win. But I've been to level 34 six times and I've lost everytime. I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks!

Trust me, you need nothing but fire towers, and none upgraded above level three. By the end, you just need tons of them.

Alright!

As I was playing the game, I came to the conclusion that having many water towers are the key to slowing them down so that those rocket launchers can do the damage needed to win. But I've been to level 34 six times and I've lost everytime. I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks!

I never buy water I go all cannons until the air level then 2 or 3 air towers. Then use your wood... to buy a fire tower and sell everything else. for the rest of the game all you need is your fire tower use your wood... to buy more interest. However make sure you don't spend all your money you want to compound that interest.

Yea, keep it at lil as possible. And don't worry about the water. For the first levels all you need is the land cannon and that land air combo tower. Upgrade them. Then research fire and buy a few of those and upgrade those. After level 21, you should buy nothing but the combo towers. Those things kick ass. Research fire first, then water or wood it don't matter, i never buy those element towers except for fire. Then yea, buy the combo towers. They cover pretty much the whole board and kill everything.

WARCRAFT ADD ONS BABY :cheers:

Ok, I got to level 35 and scored 2235 points.

I almost made it to 36 because they started to come out on the other side. But 1 snuck in on the backside and the game over sign came on. I almost made it.

Great Game!! :dunno:

Ok, I got to level 35 and scored 2235 points.

I almost made it to 36 because they started to come out on the other side. But 1 snuck in on the backside but the game over sign came on. I almost made it.

Great Game!! :dunno:

You know you can buy lives right? By lvl 35 you should have a crap load of money. :unsure:

You know you can buy lives right? By lvl 35 you should have a crap load of money. :unsure:

I havn't bought any lives. I was more busy trying to upgrade the fire power.

I never buy water I go all cannons until the air level then 2 or 3 air towers. Then use your wood ... to buy a fire tower and sell everything else. for the rest of the game all you need is your fire tower use your wood... to buy more interest . However make sure you don't spend all your money you want to compound that interest.

:dunno:

Great game, but there appears to be no particular strategy to get past level 35, sorta BS... :banana:

Combo towers is where its at. You know you can build durnig play right? So always underestimate how many cannons you need.

I didn't even lose a life until like level 38 or something.

Combo towers is where its at. You know you can build durnig play right? So always underestimate how many cannons you need.

I didn't even lose a life until like level 38 or something.

Combo towers :banana:

How do you "underestimate" how many cannons you need....on purpose.... :dunno:

For the first 4 levels or so, i only use two cannons. I'll have one land only and the the land + air one upgraded all the way. During the air only attack, i'll add another land + air cannon. After i reach level 7, i'll upgrade fire and buy one or two of those. I research fire first because its land + air. By the time level 21 rolls around, i'll usually have like 2 ground only cannons, 2 of those fast shooting cannons, and liek 2 fire cannons. Then after level 21 and have upgraded each of the elements, i buy a few of those combo cannons. I'll just sell all my other cannons and use only those.

But yea, for combo twoers you need to research each element. Each one costs 200 and 190 to upgrade.

The way i underestimate is i place the cannons near the front. I put the land only one by that first "U" and the other cannon in the middle. If any creeps get out of their range, i'll build a new one.

Bloody hell,those combo towers are MONEY....

7844 on level 39, then it stopped.... :thumbsup:

Scoreboard now shows lives and level as well as how long ago the score was added in hours, limited to the last 5 hours.

1 Craig 266,054 lvl 39 5 lives +1h ago

2 Mo 265,594 lvl 39 6 lives +1h ago

3 Zavod 263,555 lvl 39 4 lives +0h ago

4 mihhau.pl 263,452 lvl 39 5 lives +3h ago

5 Lordy 263,221 lvl 39 10 lives +2h ago

6 Chrysios 262,899 lvl 39 16 lives +3h ago

7 DalongFuc 262,860 lvl 39 12 lives +4h ago

8 Onnix 262,309 lvl 39 9 lives +2h ago

9 kamanikaz 262,093 lvl 39 20 lives +1h ago

10 Heeley 261,393 lvl 39 1 lives +4h ago

11 BloB 260,941 lvl 39 6 lives +1h ago

12 ChrisMack 260,663 lvl 39 1 lives +3h ago

13 Serega 259,563 lvl 39 1 lives +4h ago

14 Warlock 257,578 lvl 39 25 lives +2h ago

15 maninajar 257,455 lvl 39 42 lives +2h ago

16 LA^Jumper 257,027 lvl 39 6 lives +5h ago

17 vilppi 256,628 lvl 39 1 lives +2h ago

18 scum 256,579 lvl 39 12 lives +4h ago

19 Lordy 256,322 lvl 39 1 lives +0h ago

20 Esciloner 255,097 lvl 39 15 lives +2h ago

21 Shantra 253,594 lvl 39 4 lives +4h ago

22 Gigy 253,519 lvl 39 7 lives +3h ago

23 dantheman 251,751 lvl 39 15 lives +2h ago

24 Taiwan TW 251,724 lvl 39 6 lives +4h ago

25 aspaRagus 251,498 lvl 39 25 lives +0h ago

26 Geoff 251,104 lvl 39 6 lives +0h ago

27 Holinek 249,405 lvl 39 7 lives +2h ago

28 MK-1 248,192 lvl 39 14 lives +3h ago

29 Medlar 244,964 lvl 39 2 lives +1h ago

30 Darryl 244,557 lvl 39 20 lives +4h ago

31 Swirvenir 239,555 lvl 39 14 lives +0h ago

Still high score on fftoday :thumbsup:

How do you get a score that high?

So far, my range is between 6-10,000.

I'm guessing the biggest thing is how much gold you have at the end? On that last level, a handful of those bastards get by.

Bloody hell,those combo towers are MONEY....

7844 on level 39, then it stopped.... :ninja:

How do you get the Combo Tower? I thought I needed 200 gold to get 1, but everytime the gold past the 200 mark nothing happend.

I finally got to level 37. But those things just wouldn't die. So as they were past the fire towers that couldn't hit them anymore, I quickly sold them to get more gold. I was able to sell up to 800 gold and I kept buying

extra lives, but it wasn't enough for me to get to level 38.

But I am getting closer. :banana:

Is there something I am doing wrong for the Combo Towers not to show up?

Only the element towers are popping up.

You're able to research one thing after every 7 levels. Research fire first, then in whichever order you want the water and earth. Don't research the gold until you research each one of the elements. After you've researched all 3, the combo tower will be there.

You're able to research one thing after every 7 levels. Research fire first, then in whichever order you want the water and earth. Don't research the gold until you research each one of the elements. After you've researched all 3, the combo tower will be there.

Oh, so I have to research all 3 of them first.

Thanks!

How many of those Combo Towers should be enough? Is it better to have lots of those as opposed to the fire towers?

Or does it not matter?

By the last level i usually have around 10 that are upgraded. But up until level 35 or so, two or three that are upgraded are enough. Always put them in the middle and upgrade them. When you upgrade, the damage remains the same but the fire rate is doubled. So basically you're putting a second tower up. But you save 10 bucks and space.

I got to Level 38 and I only had 4059 points.

I had 7 combo Towers all upgraded and I still lost.

But I'm getting closer. :mad:

As I'm reading what people have written in their topics, I feel like I am seeing bullets firing at the words. :clap:

How do you get a score that high?

So far, my range is between 6-10,000.

I'm guessing the biggest thing is how much gold you have at the end? On that last level, a handful of those bastards get by.

lots and lots of practice and careful placement

lots and lots of practice and careful placement

Tower placement affects scoring? :banana: :thumbsup:

Tower placement affects scoring? :banana: :thumbsup:

No, tower placement affects how much money you spend on otherwise un-needed towers. A well placed tower can take out as many baddies as two poorly place towers.

1st try, level 40 owned me. score was 5749.

used to play these all the time with warcraft :thumbsup:

Level

1 - Cannon (place at top middle so that the cannon over laps where they come in and where the go out)

2 - Upgrade cannon

3 - Upgrade again

6- You might need to buy another cannon

Right before the end of level 7 sell your cannon

research Fire

8- Build Fire Tower (same spot as first cannon)

From here on out only upgrade or build another fire tower when it's clear you can't kill them all first time around. You do not need to build anything other then fire towers that includes water and arrows. Also only buy interest with your wood.

With this strategy you won't get a supper high score, but you will have enough money to fill the whole screen up with fire towers and/or but extra life and it will at least get you in the top 100

Level

1 - Cannon (place at top middle so that the cannon over laps where they come in and where the go out)

2 - Upgrade cannon

3 - Upgrade again

6- You might need to buy another cannon

Right before the end of level 7 sell your cannon

research Fire

8- Build Fire Tower (same spot as first cannon)

From here on out only upgrade or build another fire tower when it's clear you can't kill them all first time around. You do not need to build anything other then fire towers that includes water and arrows. Also only buy interest with your wood.

With this strategy you won't get a supper high score, but you will have enough money to fill the whole screen up with fire towers and/or but extra life and it will at least get you in the top 100

I've tried the...Only using fire tower method. It is better than what I was originaly doing but I still couldn't stop them on level 37. I had 3/4 of the board covered with fire towers too.

I tried it again and upgraded some of the towers to 300 and the 2 on the very top to 400.

By doing it that way I wasn't able to build as many fire towers because most of my money was going towards the upgrades. I :unsure: what I should try next. :lol: Oh Brother! :lol:

I've tried the...Only using fire tower method. It is better than what I was originaly doing but I still couldn't stop them on level 37. I had 3/4 of the board covered with fire towers too.

I tried it again and upgraded some of the towers to 300 and the 2 on the very top to 400.

By doing it that way I wasn't able to build as many fire towers because most of my money was going towards the upgrades. I :D what I should try next. :( Oh Brother! :lol:

Ive done the fire tower and get through it...

I don't upgrade them over level 2 for most of them...upgrade to 3 on some of them.

But i keep upgrading the interest and try not to buy too many towers...let the creeps almost get all the way through. Try not to upgrade or buy so much and your interest will totally help your money situation out.

At one point I start upgrading one tower, and building one tower between each round. Once the interest was really getting it up there I would up that to two upgrades and two builds between rounds...and so on.

No, tower placement affects how much money you spend on otherwise un-needed towers. A well placed tower can take out as many baddies as two poorly place towers.

you are correct

By doing it that way I wasn't able to build as many fire towers because most of my money was going towards the upgrades. I :wacko: what I should try next. :wall: Oh Brother! :D

You can beat the game only using cannons and Arrow towers

My best is level 39 (beat the game) with a score of about 120,000. Used only the basic towers (cannon, arrow, guard) and used all my research on interest.

:bowdown: to swirven

Well, by the time level 21 was finished I had the whole board covered with cannons. I was even in the process of upgrading them. I felt great! Than it happend. Level 27! The cannons are useless.

They don't fire any cannons on that level. :mad:

I'm actually cracking up wrighting this.

Watching those things just crawl around the board with nothing shooting at them, was like watching a team take a victory lap. :lol: They kicked my butt on that level. I forgot about the cannons not working on level 27. :first:

I've been playing this game all day. And for that to happen now was unreal.

It's 2:41 in the morning here. Good Night!

As for the game its back to the drawing board. :mad:

<_< no way?????

#465 gocolts 8,510 lvl 39 9 lives +0h ago :(

I'm actually cracking up wrighting this.

I'm cracking up wreeding this.

I'm cracking up wreeding this.

:banana:

Hey! give me a brake it was 2:41 in the moaning. :banana:

:banana: to you my fellow geek.

Holy crap, best score I've ever gotten! :pointstosky:

102 Big Blue 38,736

I finally got a decent score. Still nowhere near the best at the geek club, but I was

77th with 56,978 10 lives

By far my best score. I 'll keep trying. This game is :lol: :thumbsup: :dunno:

I finally got a decent score. Still nowhere near the best at the geek club, but I was

77th with 56,978 10 lives

By far my best score. I 'll keep trying. This game is :cheers: :thumbsdown: :rolleyes:

You had to do it didn't ya?

Just as I was able to forget about this game, they pull me back!

You had to bump it back up. ;)

Well, I'm going in again. Wish me luck. :lol: