Sign in to follow this  
surferskin

Wade Phillips

:headbanger:

Crassic

A lot of people thought Bill Belichick was a big time loser after his stint in Cleveland. Just sayin'

I hope he sucks, as a NYG fan, but he always has great defenses and the Bills did get to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years under Waddle. :headbanger:

A lot of people thought Bill Belichick was a big time loser after his stint in Cleveland. Just sayin'

I hope he sucks, as a NYG fan, but he always has great defenses and the Bills did get to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years under Waddle. :headbanger:

Well, Bill is a chump, he was just lucky as hell that Brady fell into his lap... :mellow:

Well, Bill is a chump, he was just lucky as hell that Brady fell into his lap... :mellow:

Yeah, I can't believe all those teams passed on Brady. :headbanger:

Five times

Yeah, I can't believe all those teams passed on Brady. :headbanger:

Five times

I can, its not uncommon. Look at Terrell Davis for instance. Some teams are more lucky than good.... :mellow:

I can, its not uncommon. Look at Terrell Davis for instance. Some teams are more lucky than good.... :headbanger:

I hear what you are saying although that is a bad example....everyone knows T. Davis was a product of the Denver line blocking system. :mellow:

I hear what you are saying although that is a bad example....everyone knows T. Davis was a product of the Denver line blocking system. :banana:

Valid.... :pointstosky:

But we can look all over the place for overachievers, or people who flew under the radar only to end up superstars... and find them

Barry Switzer, the sequel.

It would be nice since Barry did win the Super Bowl.

It would be nice since Barry did win the Super Bowl.

Switzer won with a very veteran team that basically ran itself. Switzer was a puppet of Jerry Jones and the veteran players. Switzer's biggest assest was not getting in the way.

I don't think a puppet coach will work in this particular situation for this team. I don't think Wade Phillips has a strong personality.

Jerry Jones had heard "once you go black you never go back" so he wanted to stick within the ol' white boy network.

Switzer won with a very veteran team that basically ran itself. Switzer was a puppet of Jerry Jones and the veteran players. Switzer's biggest assest was not getting in the way.

I don't think a puppet coach will work in this particular situation for this team. I don't think Wade Phillips has a strong personality.

I can only go by what he does. He hasn't coached 1 game for the Cowboys yet.

Only time will tell. I'll wait until then.

If I remember right the Cowboys lost their 1st two games that year, and before the 3rd game

of the season B.Switzer stated..."We Gonna Do It Baby"!

:cheers:

I thought it was a good hire.

for me to poop on

This might be the hire of the century... :doublethumbsup:

...if you hate the cowboys. :cheers:

I'd much rather have him than Norv Turner. Im sure even the hated redskins fans would agree lol

I'd much rather have him than Norv Turner. Im sure even the hated redskins fans would agree lol

true but this was a nice consolation prize. :doublethumbsup:

Wade Phillips was a disaster in Denver. Not to mention he looks and talks like Droopy Dog. What a terrible focking hire. :doublethumbsup:

Barry Switzer, the sequel.

just what i was thinking. :dunno:

we are going to see jj and to on the sidelines a lot.

I'm tired of retread hires. I never liked wade phillips and he's too old. When parcells first retired i was in despair because i didn't think there were any good coaches left. When talk of Ron Rivera came up i was actually looking foward to him being the coach. I would've much rather have him than Wade. The thing i'm suprised about is Jim Hasletts name didn't get mentioned a single time for ANY job opening this year. I would glady take him over wade too.