donhaas

Badgers #1

#1 Party school

#1 hockey team

#1 Football team

and now......

#1 Basketball team in the nation :headbanger: :headbanger: :lol:

#1 football team :headbanger:

They were a very young team who lost on the road early in the season.

since they only had one loss and there was no playoff, I had to put them into my own virtual playoff system where they came out on top. :clap:

Of course..

Who do the Badgers play? :dunno:

they are playing some crappy wanna b's.

Should be an easy game for the badgers :cheers:

lets say, sigs until day tourney starts?

may the best team win :headbanger:

I am pretty sure OSU will be ranked #1 in the next poll since they were #2 and Wisonsin was #3 in both polls before the Florida loss.

:cheers:

Next wekend they will prove they are #1 :headbanger: :dunno: :mad:

I'm not so sure Florida still isn't the #1 team in the nation......with apologies to Wisconsin and Ohio State (both are very good), it's easier to only lose one game this year in the ragged Big Ten than to only lose one in the SEC.

I'm not so sure Florida still isn't the #1 team in the nation......with apologies to Wisconsin and Ohio State (both are very good), it's easier to only lose one game this year in the ragged Big Ten than to only lose one in the SEC.

I don't know if it's easier or harder.

I do know that they've lost 3 games including to Florida state (whom the Badgers clobbered).

The Badgers have only lost 2. They clobbered Pitt, Marquette, and Georgia in non-conference. (I admit I'm not sure who Fla. beat in non-conference)

Based on what's happened so far this season, UW should be #1.

Whatever you believe, I believe that we can both agree that it will be a blessing that this will be settled on the court in a tournament at the end of the season. :cheers:

I do know that they've lost 3 games including to Florida state (whom the Badgers clobbered).

The Badgers have only lost 2. They clobbered Pitt, Marquette, and Georgia in non-conference. (I admit I'm not sure who Fla. beat in non-conference)

Whatever you believe, I believe that we can both agree that it will be a blessing that this will be settled on the court in a tournament at the end of the season. :headbanger:

Some Spartan wins are coming up :cheers:

Whatever you believe, I believe that we can both agree that it will be a blessing that this will be settled on the court in a tournament at the end of the season. :banana:

:banana: :wub: I will be in St Louis for Regionals. I would guess that Wisconsin or Ohio State will be the #1 seed in that bracket, depending on who wins next week.

All the media is saying Ohio State is almost a lock to get the #1 ranking. I don't get why they're ranked ahead of WI. Both play the same teams in the big 10. Ohio State has one more loss, and Wisconsin beat them already. Also, Wisconsin blasted Penn State, who gave Ohio State fits earlier in the week. :thumbsup:

Has Ohio State had that much tougher a schedule? I suppose we'll settle it on Sunday. I just hope they don't overlook Michigan State tomorrow.

All the media is saying Ohio State is almost a lock to get the #1 ranking. I don't get why they're ranked ahead of WI. Both play the same teams in the big 10. Ohio State has one more loss, and Wisconsin beat them already. Also, Wisconsin blasted Penn State, who gave Ohio State fits earlier in the week. :dunno:

Has Ohio State had that much tougher a schedule? I suppose we'll settle it on Sunday. I just hope they don't overlook Michigan State tomorrow.

Wisonsin took the AP and Ohio State took USA Today/ESPN

Doesn't really matter, like you said it will be decided on the court Sunday.

Wisconsin football beat Arkansas at a neutral site by 3. Florida beat them at a neutral site by 10.

Badgers basketball win vs FSU was at home, Gators loss to them was at Tallahasseee.

Badgers beat Ohio State by 3, Florida beat them by 26.

Florida won at Georgia by same margin as Wisconsin did. Florida won at Auburn by a 25-point difference, Auburn lost at Wisconsin by only 14.

Florida Gators #1 in basketball and football, and they have the rings to prove it! :rolleyes::banana:

Florida Gators #1 in basketball and football, and they have the rings to prove it! :rolleyes::banana:

Florida #3 :dunno:

....and how did they do in hockey?? <_<

.... party school??? :thumbsup:

Not even close

I would like to add that Madison doesn't just recruit a bunch of dumb players from all over the country like Florida does just to play sports.

Highest GPA of all men's teams

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/uw/baske...505&ntpid=2

All core players come from a four-hour radius around Madison (90 percent within a 2-hour radius)

Athletics and Academics

Produces the most CEOs (along with Harvard) in the country

http://www.news.wisc.edu/12213.html

:rolleyes:

I would like to add that Madison doesn't just recruit a bunch of dumb players from all over the country like Florida does just to play sports.

Boy, you are just obsessed with comparing your school to Florida! Wisconsin is a fine univeristy, but it must be a bummer to have such an inferiority complex. :rolleyes:

Boy, you are just obsessed with comparing your school to Florida! Wisconsin is a fine univeristy, but it must be a bummer to have such an inferiority complex. :rolleyes:

I joke... I joke... :thumbsup:

But you do have to admit it's much harder to maintain athletic and academic excellence.

I joke... I joke... :thumbsup:

But you do have to admit it's much harder to maintain athletic and academic excellence.

sounds like you are saying that UF is the new SMU and doesn't care about academics. Are you saying that UF has lower admission standards than that of UW? Are you saying that UW won't bend their academic standards to allow just any retard to play ball for them? Are you saying that UF does this?

Dude them some serious accusations, I hope you can back them up. :lol:

Are you saying that UW won't bend their academic standards to allow just any retard to play ball for them?

They have the highest GPA, so the answer would be no.

OSU on the other hand, I'm not so sure about that.

I'm not going to make any direct accusations, but you have to be suspicious of a team that has a 44-year-old freshman basketball player. :lol:

If Wisconsin played in the ACC or PAC-10 their record would be more like 22-6 than 26-2 and ranked around 10th in the country instead of #1. :thumbsdown:

For those that were hinting at the fact the Wisconsin hasnt played a tough schedule.....

They beat Pittsburgh (ranked top 5 at the time)

They beat Marquette (I think they were around 10 at the time)

They beat Ohio State (Top 5 at the time)

Ohio State has lost to all the highly ranked teams they have played... Including Wisconsin. It an absolute joke that Ohio State is ranked above Wisconsin in ANY poll.

For those that were hinting at the fact the Wisconsin hasnt played a tough schedule.....

Ohio State has lost to all the highly ranked teams they have played... Including Wisconsin. It an absolute joke that Ohio State is ranked above Wisconsin in ANY poll.

Who gives a fock where a team was ranked "at the time". Wouldn't it be better to show where they are ranked RIGHT NOW which would be the more accurate assesment of how good said team is? I mean, Uconn and Georgia Tech were ranked in the top 10 "at one time".

Who gives a fock where a team was ranked "at the time". Wouldn't it be better to show where they are ranked RIGHT NOW which would be the more accurate assesment of how good said team is? I mean, Uconn and Georgia Tech were ranked in the top 10 "at one time".

I think it just shows how good a team could have been if they wouldn't have been completely beat down and demoralized by Wisconsin. :thumbsdown:

HTH

LODASM

They have the highest GPA, so the answer would be no.

OSU on the other hand, I'm not so sure about that.

I'm not going to make any direct accusations, but you have to be suspicious of a team that has a 44-year-old freshman basketball player. :thumbsdown:

:cough:he is only 18:cough:

Taking this a little serious aren't you?

You realize polls don't really mean shiot in BB?

Bottom line is that while it's an honor to be ranked #1 in basketball, it's not equivalent to #1 in football as that plays into your overall national status come the end of the season. Still, congrats to Wisconsin and their fans. It's a nice thing.

Bottom line is that while it's an honor to be ranked #1 in basketball, it's not equivalent to #1 in football as that plays into your overall national status come the end of the season. Still, congrats to Wisconsin and their fans. It's a nice thing.

Long time coming. :blink:

That being said, michigan state is scary. They are getting healthy and hot and are hard to beat at home. Factor in that they must win tomorrow (doubtful they win at the Kohl Center) and UW could be looking ahead to their showdown with osu ... this game will probably be a close one.

spartans play great defense like the Badgers. Izzo is a great coach and he has to pissed how Ryan has owned him.

I'm as worried about this game as I am the Buckeye game.

:cough:he is only 18:cough:

Taking this a little serious aren't you?

You realize polls don't really mean shiot in BB?

they shouldnt mean shiot in fb either...its the retarded bcs that kept the badgers from having a shot at kicking the gators all over the field :banana:

If Wisconsin played in the ACC or PAC-10 their record would be more like 22-6 than 26-2 and ranked around 10th in the country instead of #1. :thumbsup:

Such a retarded remark. I could just as easily say that if Indiana played in the SEC or PAC 10 they would be undefeated, let alone that WI would be.

Such a retarded remark. I could just as easily say that if Indiana played in the SEC or PAC 10 they would be undefeated, let alone that WI would be.

I think he was on a fishing expedition with that comment and unfortunately you took the bait. In another thread I believe someone did say the ACC was much better than the PAC 10. I think this is what ksb was referring to, but I could be wrong.

Ok...they beat the #1 or #2 team (which every poll you want to use) in OSU

the #10 team in Pitt

and the #16 team in Marquette.

As for OSU...they are the one team in the top 3 that does not belong as #1.

How can you rank a team above 2 teams that beat OSU? And UW has one less loss...Florida has the same amount of losses.

I'm suprised in all this OSU bashing, not one person brought up the fact that Oden was hurt to start the season and hadn't been back very long before playing Wisc. No worries, it will all come out if they are better or worse this weekend.