Sign in to follow this  
Brown Eyed Girl

How is everyone spending this Holiday Weekend

Today - Off work. Dr. appt. at 10am - after that, whatever I'm in the mood for! Might go check out some dining tables and kitchen stuff for my new place. Maybe grab a good movie on the way home and settle in to watch it this evening with a glass of wine. :banana:

Saturday - Kickboxing class at 10am, pick up some stuff at the grocery store for Easter dinner & find a nice wine that will compliment the meal, color Easter eggs with my 4 yr old nephew, just stuff around the house.

Sunday - Family BBQ at my Sis and BIL's house. Steaks will be on the grill! :banana:

Wrap things up by early evening and settle in to watch the Final Season opener of 'Sopranos'... :banana:

Have a safe and Happy Easter everyone! :banana:

Well, for most people, they'll be celebrating the weekend in much colder temperatures than anyone could have imagined. I live in Oklahoma and it's snowing outside this morning (just flurries, but still.....)

Mourning the death of my boat. :cheers:

She died of a massive corinary piston bustage. Luckily, I was with her in the final hours.

I'll be "comforting" Toro's lonely wife in Houston.

Uh, I am at home. :doublethumbsup:

As I said in the Easter thread:

Today I am taking most of the day off of work to go shopping for all the grub and to clean my house from top to bottom. Its supposed to be like 75 and sunny here so I will open all my curtains, blast the radio and get jiggy with it while I clean.

Tomorrow, I get my son from his fathers so we will color Easter eggs and I will start some of the cooking. Then when my family gets here maybe we'll watch some movies and play some board games or something.

Sunday I will wake up early, get my son's Easter basket ready for him (I bought him a HUGE one this year with a basketball, football and soccer ball with some other items including candy in it), then start cooking until everyone wakes up. Then its off to church, get back, continue cooking and do an Easter egg hunt, then have brunch followed probably with more Easter egg hunting.

I am SOO excited for Easter this year!

Tonight: Happy Hour followed by seeing Snow Patrol, OK Go and Silversun Pickups.

Tomorrow: Yoga in the morning if I'm not hung over. Errands. Watch the Twins and the ###### Sox.

Saturday night: Going to see Neko Case's sold-out show at First Avenue. Staying for Too Much Love after the show: spinning all the best music, new and old, anything good that rocks including rock remixes / post-punk / new wave / no wave / electro / house / disco / mash-up / dance-punk / hip-hop / psychedelic / rawk / and more ... Dance night for hipsters. Should be awesome.

Sunday: Going to the convent for Easter Mass with the fam and then to dinner with The Nun at the Mother House.

Going to Angels game tonight, wedding tomorrow in Temecula, BBQ on Sunday

spending it with my gf... she's cooking me lasagna tonight, i rented pursuit of happyness and we'll have some wine with that... and then some :)

tomorrow night is her friend's b-day party in manhattan. not looking forward to paying nyc prices for beers, but beer's beer i guess. :shocking:

easter day - sleep off saturday night's festivites.

Hi Brown Eyed Girl! How have you been?

I'm probably going to spend some quiet time this weekend with my wife and children. I don't know exactly what we'll be doing because, as much as I like to think of myself as the head of the household, my wife is the one who really runs the show! She just likes to let me THINK I'm in charge when really it's her!

This is not a holiday weekend.

HTH

Tomorrow we have a taekwondo tourney all day. Our genius of a school owner likes to do them on Easter Saturday because he thinks most people are in town. :dunno: Well, perhaps, but those of us in town would like to not spend the entire day before Easter at such an event. Somewhere in there we need to color eggs, and tomorrow evening the wife and I need to hide plastic eggs around the house (filled with candy).

On Easter itself the kids will hunt for the eggs, we'll go to Mass, watch the Masters (me anyway), then for dinner we'll have a combobulation of all of the stuff we had given up for lent:

- Bone-in ribeye (I gave up red meat)

- chicken strips (son gave them up)

- desert (older daughter and wife gave up)

get jiggy with it while I clean.

VID :mad: ???

I'll be :cheers: and hopefully Islanders VS Devils will mean something (for MyIsles)

spending it with my gf... she's cooking me lasagna tonight, i rented pursuit of happyness and we'll have some wine with that... and then some :wub:

Sounds like a nice evening.

Pretty good movie choice there too... I enjoyed it. :thumbsdown:

Hi Brown Eyed Girl! How have you been?

I'm probably going to spend some quiet time this weekend with my wife and children. I don't know exactly what we'll be doing because, as much as I like to think of myself as the head of the household, my wife is the one who really runs the show! She just likes to let me THINK I'm in charge when really it's her!

:P Well then... here's to hoping she has something nice planned for you. :cheers:

Also, I've been doing good, thanks for asking.

I'm having hot sweaty sex with Brown Eyed Girl. :thumbsdown:

Tonight: Happy Hour followed by seeing Snow Patrol, OK Go and Silversun Pickups.

Tomorrow: Yoga in the morning if I'm not hung over. Errands. Watch the Twins and the ###### Sox.

Saturday night: Going to see Neko Case's sold-out show at First Avenue. Staying for Too Much Love after the show: spinning all the best music, new and old, anything good that rocks including rock remixes / post-punk / new wave / no wave / electro / house / disco / mash-up / dance-punk / hip-hop / psychedelic / rawk / and more ... Dance night for hipsters. Should be awesome.

Sunday: Going to the convent for Easter Mass with the fam and then to dinner with The Nun at the Mother House.

I really miss First Avenue. Great concert venue. I saw Built to Spill there twice.

I'm having hot sweaty sex with Brown Eyed Girl. :thumbsup:

Does she know it?

Will she be there?

:dunno:

This is not a holiday weekend.

HTH

True. It's a holiday from what? :blink:

I'm having hot sweaty sex with Brown Eyed Girl. :banana:

As long as you apply the lotion and a bag to da butterface you're good to go!@#@!

I really miss First Avenue. Great concert venue. I saw Built to Spill there twice.

You lived in Minneapolis? Or the area?

I adore First Ave. Haven't been to a dance night there in ages. It should be interesting.