Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

The wife is going to have an Amnio

I'm on the frigging home stretch for the arrival of Redtodd Jr. He is scheduled to come out of Mommy on Tuesday (36 weeks). But after talking with my wife, the doctor and her agreed to do an Amnio to see if his lungs are developed before he comes out. If they are, he still comes out on Tuesday.

If not, she has to go on steroid shots and delay the c-section another day or two. I am nervous about this because last time when we lost our 1st baby, she got HELLPS syndrome two days after the sterioid shots. Plus the extra day or two is an extra day or two that she can go into labor (which is the last thing we want her to do, her body could not handle it).

This final week is gonna kill me. :thumbsup: :banana:

I'm on the frigging home stretch for the arrival of Redtodd Jr. He is scheduled to come out of Mommy on Tuesday (36 weeks). But after talking with my wife, the doctor and her agreed to do an Amnio to see if his lungs are developed before he comes out. If they are, he still comes out on Tuesday.

If not, she has to go on steroid shots and delay the c-section another day or two. I am nervous about this because last time when we lost our 1st baby, she got HELLPS syndrome two days after the sterioid shots. Plus the extra day or two is an extra day or two that she can go into labor (which is the last thing we want her to do, her body could not handle it).

This final week is gonna kill me. :thumbsup: :banana:

I hope it comes out black.

Best of luck to your wife and you during this. :cheers:

I hope everything turns out okay. I'll be thinking about you guys.

Best wishes, redtodd......hope everything turns out o.k.....I know it can be a very stressful time.

Good luck dood. :cheers:

Many positive thoughts being sent to you guys.

Many good thoughts going your way in these tough, stressful few days to come.

Hang in there, redtodd and as difficult as it is, try to stay positive.

My wife had an amnio before our child was born. The needle is pretty huge. But it just takes a minute to do. They can do them early in the pregnancy to test for all sorts of stuff like Downs Syndrome, etc.,

Good Luck with the baby!

he's gonna look just like Shawn of the Dead

:D

I'm hoping he looks like the wife (but masculine).