Sign in to follow this  
Larry David

Top Five Rookies

O.K. So the consensus is that Lynch, Peterson and Johnson will be the first three rookies taken in most FF drafts. Forgetting about QBs, who rounds out the top 5? Chris Henry? Craig Davis? Dwayne Bowe? Kenny Irons? Olsen? Somebody else?

I have the fifth pick and I don't need a QB.

I'd keep an eye out for Brandon Jackson

Yeah, you just need to hope the cat before you takes Russell or Meachem or some nonsense.... :dunno:

Take Kenny Irons off your list. He'll split 3rd down carries with Kenny Watson to start the season. And who knows if Chris Perry will come back.

I'd add Anthony Gonzalez to that list. Great WR on a perfect offense.

Chris Henry will be #1 rookie fantasy RB in 2007. Lendale White is a fat sausage eating slug.

I'd add Anthony Gonzalez to that list. Great WR on a perfect offense.

I thought about him, but he'll start the year as (no better than) Manning's fourth option behind Harrison, Wayne and Clark.

Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Jackson, and Dwayne Jarrett

Jackson is becoming a consensus #4 pick. After him i like Bush if you're already okay at RB this year and can wait a bit. Chris Henry probably has to be right there too if you are going RB. He scares me but I have LenWhale to and the #6 pick in my draft. I'd hate to waste it on Henry and it end up LenWhale and Henry both being busts while Tenn signs a guy like Dillon or C. Brown again to get by this year until they make a run at somebody like Turner next year.

I'll be counting on my KC homers to keep me up to par with Dwayne Bowe's status... bit of turbulent situation (Croyle/Huard) but considering Kennison is the #1 WR (yes, I know about the Chiefs TE), he should see plenty of throws...?

I like Gonzalez fitting into the Indy scheme, not expecting huge numbers from him, but I think he'll be a good fit. Aside from his speed and route running, the kid sounded like a "student of the game" in the predraft interviews I heard... Whereas, Dwayne Jarrett could barely compose a complete sentence and quite frankly, sounded like a complete moron (read: bust). Considering he slid from top 10 potential to 2nd round, I'm betting some GM's got that exact impression. But I guess the Panthers have confidence in him to get in shape based on their recent transactions.

I would say Jarrett #4, and the 3rd rd. pick for San Fran (Hill) #5. That guy could vulture a lot of red-zone TDs.

Tony Hunt is my sleeper pick for R.O.Y. Keep an eye on him, he's got talent.

Right now it has to be: (remember, this is just right now)

1. Peterson or Lynch

2. Peterson or Lynch

3. Cal Johnson

4. Br. Jackson

5. C Henry

______

Big Drop

______

6. Jarrett

7. Bowe

8. Meachem

9. Russell

10. Quinn

Bummer for:

Hunt

Pittman

Bush (for now)

Booker

Irons

I feel like i missed a RB

Just to give this some additional color, here are the results of a Dynasty draft currently uDner way:

1) Adrian Peterson

2) Marshawn Lynch

3) Calvin Johnson

4) Jamarcus Russell

5) Brandon Jackson

6) Robert Meachem

7) Kenny Irons

8) Dwayne Bowe

9) Michael Bush

10) Brady Quinn

11) DJ Hackett

12) Dwayne Jarrett

13) Steve Smith

14) Anthony Gonzalez

15) Chris Henry

Just to give this some additional color, here are the results of a Dynasty draft currently uDner way:

1) Adrian Peterson

2) Marshawn Lynch

3) Calvin Johnson

4) Jamarcus Russell

5) Brandon Jackson

6) Robert Meachem

7) Kenny Irons

8) Dwayne Bowe

9) Michael Bush

10) Brady Quinn

11) DJ Hackett

12) Dwayne Jarrett

13) Steve Smith

14) Anthony Gonzalez

15) Chris Henry

I see a few that are incorrect, regarding the order.

Thought whoever took him reached on Kenny "Mewelde Moore II" Irons

1) Adrian Peterson

2) Marshawn Lynch

3) Calvin Johnson

4) Jamarcus Russell

5) Brandon Jackson

6) Robert Meachem

7) Kenny Irons

8) Dwayne Bowe

9) Michael Bush

10) Brady Quinn

11) DJ Hackett

12) Dwayne Jarrett

13) Steve Smith

14) Anthony Gonzalez

15) Chris Henry

Ray,

Could you keep this updated?

I have two Rookie Dynasty drafts going on right now. One is IDP. In 4 picks, CJ, AP, ML, LaRon Landy in that order. The other is AP at the top and still waiting for #2.

1) Adrian Peterson

2) Marshawn Lynch

3) Calvin Johnson

4) Jamarcus Russell

5) Brandon Jackson

6) Robert Meachem

7) Kenny Irons

8) Dwayne Bowe

9) Michael Bush

10) Brady Quinn

11) DJ Hackett

12) Dwayne Jarrett

13) Steve Smith

14) Anthony Gonzalez

15) Chris Henry

Thanks! I am trying to get Meachem low. Think about this he will start in New Orleans unless he gets hurt.

Brees proved last year that he can make a Rookie a star. He also made Devry Henderson who never showed anything look good. Meachem is going to get plenty of chances in an offense that may throw for 5,000 yards. I think the order is pretty good. I just don't know how close Oakland to be and I really like Russell just do not see it happening anytime soon. I would have to have stud QB for him to sit for years.

No, that is the order they have been drafted thus far.

Updated Draft as of today.

1 Adrian Peterson

2 Marshawn Lynch

3 Calvin Johnson

4 Jamarcus Russell

5 Brandon Jackson

6 Robert Meachem

7 Kenny Irons

8 Dwayne Bowe

9 Michael Bush

10 Brady Quinn

11 DJ Hackett

12 Dwayne Jarrett

13 Steve Smith

14 Anthony Gonzalez

15 Chris Henry

16 Sidney Rice

No, that is the order they have been drafted thus far.

Updated Draft as of today.

1 Adrian Peterson

2 Marshawn Lynch

3 Calvin Johnson

4 Jamarcus Russell

5 Brandon Jackson

6 Robert Meachem

7 Kenny Irons

8 Dwayne Bowe

9 Michael Bush

10 Brady Quinn

11 DJ Hackett

12 Dwayne Jarrett

13 Steve Smith

14 Anthony Gonzalez

15 Chris Henry

16 Sidney Rice

Ray - did any of the teams that drafted these players have certain needs (that would make them take a player higher than normal) like did the person who drafted Irons have Rudi as his starter, things like that...

With the inclusion of DJ Hackett I presume you have some veteran FAs in the mix. I'm surprised no one drafted Craig Davis yet.

Depending on the scoring system, dynasty, trying to judge by situation and not my personal biases, and off the top of my head:

Tier 1:

1) AD - c'mon, he's supposed to be a once-in-a-decade prospect

2) C Johnson - ditto

3) Lynch - given his situation he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath with these two

Tier 2 - clear QBs of the future:

4) Russell

5) Quinn

Tier 3:

6) B Jackson

7) C Henry - I don't like either of them but obviously some GMs do

Tier 4:

8) Bowe - could easily be #1 in KC on opening day

9) Jarrett - already #2 in Carolina

10) Beck - I'm on record calling him a bust, but see Tier 3

11) Gonzalez - might be groomed to take over for Harrison

12) C Davis - could be #2 soon in a powerful SD offense

13) Meachem - ditto in NO

Tier 5:

14) Ginn - maybe I am undervaluing him here, but the word "Lisfranc" scares me

15) Stanton

16) Kolb - both less anointed than Beck but still in good situations for 2-3 years from now

17) M Bush - buried deeper on the depth chart to start but has the talent to rise above

Tier 6:

18) S Rice - still raw, but may come along in 2-3 years

19) Olsen - move up if your league scores TEs higher

20) S Smith - I love this guy and would rate him much higher if I went with my gut

21) Edwards - least secure situation of the top 5 QBs, but he was still a top 5 QB

22) Z Miller - will get a chance to start in Oakland

I'll stop there because you do just have to go with your gut after that. The rest of them are either so raw or so buried on their depth charts (probably both) that I can't in good conscience put one ahead of the other. Sleepers I do like are QB Troy Smith in Baltimore (perfect place for him), WR Jason Hill in San Francisco, and RB Selvin Young, only because he is in Denver where anyone on the roster could be starting by week 10. I love Brian Leonard as a football player but am less sure about his fantasy production.

Like I said, I kinda did this off the top of my head so if I missed someone really worth mentioning I'm sure it'll be pointed out to me. Just don't say "Kenny Irons." :thumbsdown:

I like Meachem more than Gonzalez. Its not like manning is going to get tired of throwing to Wayne, Harrison, Clark, et al and look for new targets. There is only one ball. I like Meachem's odds better competing with the Saints corps. Plus, he has more speed, and therefore is more likely to break one.

more talk today from viQueens Rookie camp that AD may need surgery on his collarbone if it doesnt heal correctly. should this bother anyone about his long term prospects or not?

does this inject just a bit of uncertainty into your 2008 draft plans?

RichRose

Here is an update to the draft RLLD posted (same league):

Round 1

1 Adrian Peterson

2 Marshawn Lynch

3 Calvin Johnson

4 Jamarcus Russell

5 Brandon Jackson

6 Robert Meachem

7 Kenny Irons - team has Rudi

8 Dwayne Bowe

9 Michael Bush

10 Brady Quinn

11 DJ Hackett

12 Dwayne Jarrett

Round 2

13 Steve Smith

14 Anthony Gonzalez

15 Chris Henry

16 Sidney Rice

17 timer expired

18 Ted Ginn Jr.

19 Lorenzo Booker

20 Patrick Willis

21 Garrett Wolfe - team has Ced Benson

I picked Meachem and Ginn Jr. I think Meachem has the best combination of talent and opportunity after CJ. He easily pushes Henderson to the slot and there s/b plenty of balls for both him and Colston in that offense, where he can also be a top deep threat. I was really hoping Sidney Rice would fall to me in the second. Ginn was just a value pick. I'm not very high on him, but a new coaching staff who spends a top ten pick on a guy obviously has more plans for him than just as a returner. You gotta think he'll have every opportunity to be a playmaker, so even though I'm not sure he can deliver, it was worth the risk in the mid-second round.

In addition to having Rudi for the guy who selected him, I don't think Irons is a reach where he was picked or will be Mewelde Moore II. Irons dominated the SEC in 2005, MM dominated mid-majors for a career. Irons doesn't have the frame to carry a lot more weight, but he is still bigger the Moore. Moore ran in a low 4.6, while Irons runs sub-4.5 w/excellent quickness/agility tests. Perry appears done in Cinci. He might not even begin the season and has had injury problems every year.

more talk today from viQueens Rookie camp that AD may need surgery on his collarbone if it doesnt heal correctly. should this bother anyone about his long term prospects or not?

does this inject just a bit of uncertainty into your 2008 draft plans?

RichRose

...perhaps if this were August and not the beginning of May.

WIth regard to Chris Henry (I was the one that took him, after taking CJ in the first) he has developed the "workout warrior" label. Most point to his lack of production and assert that there must be something more going on here.

IMHO, early 2nd round was a decent place to take a flyer on the guy, he might not amount to anything much, but I think he is worth the risk.

WIth regard to Chris Henry (I was the one that took him, after taking CJ in the first) he has developed the "workout warrior" label. Most point to his lack of production and assert that there must be something more going on here.

IMHO, early 2nd round was a decent place to take a flyer on the guy, he might not amount to anything much, but I think he is worth the risk.

Hey, hey, hey... it's faaaaaaaaaaat LenDale. That isn't a bad pick. Who is this guy "Time Expired" and what NFL team drafted him? I have the same pick. I thinking bout taking Bush or Henry depending on who is available. If Bush is there, I think it will be him with a slight edge over Henry as Bush has slightly more upside.

Hey, hey, hey... it's faaaaaaaaaaat LenDale. That isn't a bad pick. Who is this guy "Time Expired" and what NFL team drafted him? I have the same pick. I thinking bout taking Bush or Henry depending on who is available. If Bush is there, I think it will be him with a slight edge over Henry as Bush has slightly more upside.

Time Expired is much better IMO...I would take him in the late 1st. That guy got the SOD :cheers:

I have the same pick. I thinking bout taking Bush or Henry depending on who is available. If Bush is there, I think it will be him with a slight edge over Henry as Bush has slightly more upside.

I wouldn't count on Bush lasting until the second. This is the second of two dynasty rookie drafts I'm in that are already underway and Bush has gone in the first in both, before Henry. In fact, in both, the first six RB order has been the same:

1st round:

AD

Lynch

BJax

Irons

Bush

Early 2nd:

Henry

What about Tony Hunt? I don't really know much about him and never watched him in college. Is he nothing special? Because it seems like a decent situation in Philly...and I'm a little surprised to see Irons so high. Seems crowded with Rudi and Perry, and Irons had injuries and isn't that big.

I wouldn't count on Bush lasting until the second. This is the second of two dynasty rookie drafts I'm in that are already underway and Bush has gone in the first in both, before Henry. In fact, in both, the first six RB order has been the same:

1st round:

AD

Lynch

BJax

Irons

Bush

Early 2nd:

Henry

It will be our late 1st. it is a 14 team IDP so some picks were defensive players. Landy and Posluszny are already gone. I am about 5 picks away and one of the following will fall to me.

Bush, Henry, Jarrett, Bowe, Gonzalez on offense or Adams and Jamal Anderson on defense. I have a high second too so I will probably get two of those players.

In my offense only the first several picks went like this.

1.1 Adrian Peterson

1.2 Marshawn Lynch

1.3 Calvin Johnson

1.4 Dwayne Bowe

1.5 JeMarcus Russell

1.6 Anthony Gonzalez

1.7 Brandon Jackson

1.8 Brady Quinn

1.9 Robert Meachem

1.10 On the clock.....

1.11 Same owner as above.

1.12 Dixie's pick.

Obviously without looking at the needs, this may seem a little whacked.

hmmmm THIS YEAR (performance, not where they will get drafted)

Marshawn Lynch

Calvin Johnson

Chris Henry

Greg Olsen

Ken Darby :banana: