Sign in to follow this  
Geddy11

Travis Henry

I think Travis Henry is an intriguing RB this year. Good system, should be the featured back. Is he first round material??? What do you guys think??

i've seen him in mosts mocks right not going at pick 12-16.

i don't know why, but i would consider him possibly 9/10

Denver will have him benched after 4 games even if he is doing well to try out their rookies

i think he'd be absolutely GREAT if given the chance to actually BE the featured back. but NO WAY i'll draft any denver runningback high enough to where he'll end up on MY roster. he'll be on someone else's team

i think he'd be absolutely GREAT if given the chance to actually BE the featured back. but NO WAY i'll draft any denver runningback high enough to where he'll end up on MY roster. he'll be on someone else's team

i wouldn't say i'd never draft him, but i'd certainly draft him with caution. He'll be picked too soon for my blood.

i wouldn't say i'd never draft him, but i'd certainly draft him with caution. He'll be picked too soon for my blood.

yeah me neither: my speculation is he's a certain 1st or 2nd and I won't pick him in THOSE rounds

He went 8th in this draft we are doing right now: Link

I have him in the 6-8 range... so #8 is about right. I'm really hoping that I get him on my team, but I think it all depends on where you draft. Obviously if I have a top 5 pick, he probably won't make it back to me (cause I'll more than likely take someone else), but if I have the middle/late picks, then he's gonna be on my squad :thumbsup:

Way to rich for my blood.. He is not in my top 10 RB's and maybe not top 15... The way Denver shuttles their RB's in and out does not help either...

I have him in the 6-8 range... so #8 is about right. I'm really hoping that I get him on my team, but I think it all depends on where you draft. Obviously if I have a top 5 pick, he probably won't make it back to me (cause I'll more than likely take someone else), but if I have the middle/late picks, then he's gonna be on my squad :dunno:

I agree!

I think the situation in Denver is different this year. They have a clear cut #1 RB and I think they will use him. Henry is a durable back who will play hurt and I think he will have a BIG year. His value will continue to rise and I could see him going 4-6 by the time pre-season is in progress. This could be one of those situation where people say "why didn't I see this coming" when he goes off this year. It is clearly a FF situation that deserves allot of consideration.

Our 12 team mock had him going at 14. I would have put him ahead of MJD, Moroney and maybe Edge, Addai, Rudi, Fast Willie or Bush, all taken ahead of him. I had pick 5.

J

For $12mil in bonus money, Henry was brought in to carry the full load. The QB situation scares me a little, but Henry will be the feature back unless he get's injured. I would draft accordingly - depending on scoring system, he could easily be a top 5 - 10 pick.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he finished the year somewhere in the top 5, but probably no higher than 3. But I'm not gonna draft him that high. I'll draft him in the mid 1st round (if I pick there). Yeah, I'm convinced he's the clear cut #1 in Denver, but they also play in a strong division (even Oaklands D is great), so it'll be alot harder for him to churn out 100 yard games than say Gore or Jackson... I think the potential is there, and it is definatly possible for him to be top 5, but a few things would have to go just right to accomplish this, hence I'm feeling mid 1st round pick for the risk/reward factor :thumbsup:

I think the situation in Denver is different this year. They have a clear cut #1 RB and I think they will use him. Henry is a durable back who will play hurt and I think he will have a BIG year. His value will continue to rise and I could see him going 4-6 by the time pre-season is in progress. This could be one of those situation where people say "why didn't I see this coming" when he goes off this year. It is clearly a FF situation that deserves allot of consideration.

I agree. There will be approximately 2000 threads on Henry before the start of the season. He will be raised up to 4-6 range and rightfully so in my opinion. I think he's a great rb for Denver's system and he will put up great numbers.

Denver clear cut #1 thats an oxymoronic statement if i've ever heard one.

I'm glad there are so many guys that feel this way. I guess I've done a lot better with Denver rb's in the past then a few others. Henry's a bona fide franchise back for a couple more years and I don't see Mike Bell or anyone else taking him off the field much.

Last year Mike bell/tatum bell split denvers rb points... and in such a way it was hard to decide which rb to play on which week.. yes you could get lucky or suffer horribly.

2005 You had mike anderson and tatum bell, while mike did better than tatum.. as a fantasy player you still got burned week to week.

2004- ruben droughns did well

2003/2002-Portis does well real well

2001 all of denvers running backs do terrible includeing mike anderson who had a good year the previous year.

last 6 years 5 different starting runningbacks, One terrible year, Two recent years of burning fantasy players.

IF you are a gambling man and think Travis henry will be 2nd coming of Portis take him.

Being such a risk I'd take him as my 2nd back, because he has alot of potential. I would not take him in the 6-10 RB spots where people are currently taking him. Yes he may end up in the top 8 rb, but he might not and even if he does Shanny might burn you in key games.

Last year Mike bell/tatum bell split denvers rb points... and in such a way it was hard to decide which rb to play on which week.. yes you could get lucky or suffer horribly.

2005 You had mike anderson and tatum bell, while mike did better than tatum.. as a fantasy player you still got burned week to week.

2004- ruben droughns did well

2003/2002-Portis does well real well

2001 all of denvers running backs do terrible includeing mike anderson who had a good year the previous year.

last 6 years 5 different starting runningbacks, One terrible year, Two recent years of burning fantasy players.

IF you are a gambling man and think Travis henry will be 2nd coming of Portis take him.

Being such a risk I'd take him as my 2nd back, because he has alot of potential. I would not take him in the 6-10 RB spots where people are currently taking him. Yes he may end up in the top 8 rb, but he might not and even if he does Shanny might burn you in key games.

I don't disagree with you about the last few years in Denver but consider who we're talking about here.

Tatum Bell - has speed and that's about it. Detroit took him and a tackle to get rid of Bly's contract.

Anderson - has always been FB pretending to be a HB who is a backup now.

Droughns - see Anderson.

Mike Bell - is not starter material which is why Travis was brought in.....and brought in quickly as soon as the offseason began I might add.

Portis - has moves, speed, and can catch. Denver's system made him look even better than he was though.

Travis Henry - Did really well on a bad team in Buffalo. Better than McGahee did. He did really well in Tennessee with a horrible OL. He's got moves, can catch, has decent speed, and has power. He's not an elite RB but in Denver, could put up elite stats.

I honestly believe by late August there will be no question who the starter will be in Denver and he will be going right where he should be in drafts.....between 4-7.

I don't disagree with you about the last few years in Denver but consider who we're talking about here.

Tatum Bell - has speed and that's about it. Detroit took him and a tackle to get rid of Bly's contract.

Droughns - see Anderson.

Mike Bell - is not starter material which is why Travis was brought in.....and brought in quickly as soon as the offseason began I might add.

Portis - has moves, speed, and can catch. Denver's system made him look even better than he was though.

Travis Henry - Did really well on a bad team in Buffalo. Better than McGahee did. He did really well in Tennessee with a horrible OL. He's got moves, can catch, has decent speed, and has power. He's not an elite RB but in Denver, could put up elite stats.

I honestly believe by late August there will be no question who the starter will be in Denver and he will be going right where he should be in drafts.....between 4-7.

Great analysis. Couldn't agree more. I am hoping to draft in the 7-8 spot and walk away with Henry and Benson in the first 2 rounds.

After last year's Rat fiasco, I swore I'd never own a Denver RB. But the arguments are solid, and there's always that signing bonus. The Rat HAS ridden a workhorse in the past. So I just put in a $13 hostile takeover bid on Henry in my auction league.

I like my chances...

I think Henry is a high risk, high reward player. They did give him a huge signing bonus but can you really trust Shanahan in fantasy football? I know I can't which is why I wouldn't want Henry on my team unless his value is very low in our league.

Denver clear cut #1 thats an oxymoronic statement if i've ever heard one.

You obviously haven't followed Denver very long. Don't let the recent past get in your way. FF is about knowing when and when not to move.

Droughns - see Anderson.

This deserves another :cheers:

You obviously haven't followed Denver very long. Don't let the recent past get in your way. FF is about knowing when and when not to move.

good point--based on what you have witnessed-- what are your indicators as to when to start either Denver back other than matchups?

good point--based on what you have witnessed-- what are your indicators as to when to start either Denver back other than matchups?

I can not think of a situation where I would start M. Bell except an injury to Henry. Why does everyone think Bell is a threat? One thing Shanahan has proven is that when he has a #1 back he will use him. Anyone who thinks the Henry/Denver situation does not have potential is fooling themselves.

Travis Henry is not very fast. He has mediocre speed, and mediocre hands. The thing about Henry, however, is that he is one of the best yac-yard RBs in the game today. He runs very hard, and has a good nose for the endzone. Zach Thomas once said of Henry (when in Buffalo) that he was the hardest RB to tackle in the league because he is so slippery and so shifty. The fact that Henry is not fast means he will need to make one cut and get up filed, which is exactly the type of scheme Denver runs (as we all know). The thing that makes Henry a real FF threat is that he is a true everydown back. He is a good blocker, a downhill runner, and he has good enough hands that he can catch a screen and do something after the catch. Henry will not be as good as Portis when he was in Denver, but make no mistake, he will probably duplicate his Buffalo stats and be a worthy no.2 back, with no.1 potential.

I just selected him as my RB #2 in a Fantasy Jungle Mock at 2.7 to go with Addai.

I love Henry this year, my one caution is the turf toe. It can't be repaired via surgery, so if it flames up he will sit out. And that would hurt...

3'

Henry has had injury problems in recent years and you never know what Denver will do with their RB's...I'll let someone else draft him for sure...I will not even consider him in the first round

Henry certainly has potential to put up top 5 RB stats. He is more of a risk than others who are more likely to produce solid #1 RB stats. This makes him a nice late first/early 2nd round pick like Westbrook was last year.

Come September, the Henry Apple is going to tempt someone else to draft him higher than he should go.

I just selected him as my RB #2 in a Fantasy Jungle Mock at 2.7 to go with Addai.

I love Henry this year, my one caution is the turf toe. It can't be repaired via surgery, so if it flames up he will sit out. And that would hurt...

3'

You had to be :ninja: when you got that combo. I know there's injury possibilities with Henry but he's proven in the past to be a tough dude running around in Buffalo on a broken leg. Any rb could get hurt, even ff god LT. With Addai and Henry you've got two number 1 rb's in my opinion. Both are in fantastic situations.

Great analysis. Couldn't agree more. I am hoping to draft in the 7-8 spot and walk away with Henry and Benson in the first 2 rounds.

I recently got Benson 4th pick in the third round (behind Gore and Willis). :dunno:

I am flabbergasted at the manlove spouted for one Travis Henry . . . absolutely astounded. He had exactly one great season and Buffalo, and then peetered right off the landscape. If he was so incredible, then explain why Buffalo determined to replace him, almost immediately after that stellar season.

But stay blinded. I like it that way. Suddenly tough boy Travis Henry is superstud because he's in Denver.

I think y'all are drafting another Duce Staley.

I am flabbergasted at the manlove spouted for one Travis Henry . . . absolutely astounded. He had exactly one great season and Buffalo, and then peetered right off the landscape. If he was so incredible, then explain why Buffalo determined to replace him, almost immediately after that stellar season.

What about what he did running behind the craptacular Titans O-line last season?

14 games, 1211 yards rushing, 4.5 per rush, and 7 TD's.

In Denver's RB friendly scheme, he should have several more TD's, and a few more yards to boot.

You had to be :banana: when you got that combo. I know there's injury possibilities with Henry but he's proven in the past to be a tough dude running around in Buffalo on a broken leg. Any rb could get hurt, even ff god LT. With Addai and Henry you've got two number 1 rb's in my opinion. Both are in fantastic situations.

I was glad. I think Henry is good for 12 TDs this season, and this was a pt per rec league. The sweet pick was Ahman Green in the 5th Round after grabing Roy Williams and Andre Johnson.

3'

But stay blinded. I like it that way. Suddenly tough boy Travis Henry is superstud because he's in Denver.

I think y'all are drafting another Duce Staley.

Dude you are way off base here. Either you never actually watched Bills games, never saw him run last year, or have been burned by him before and are now simply bitter.

Ok, his rookie year was unspectacular with just over 900 total yards and 4 scores. The following season he rushed for 1438, catch balls for 309, and had 14 total TDs. He followed that season up by running for 1356 and racking up 11 total scores. Buffalo let him go not because he was untalented, but because his contract was running out and they didn't want to pay him mega-dollars on a team that was aging fast and was clearly in a stage of transition. Instead they got a good steal with McGahee in round 1, about 15 picks later than he would have gone if not for the knee injuries. Pay a stud rookie $800k a season, or Henry $4mil a year? Remember that Henry wasn't let go until McGahee showed he was able to take over. Henry was given his walking papers. In his first year with Tennesse he suffered injury, and competed in a terrible committee with Chris Brown. This past season he ran for 1211 and 7 TDs while starting only 13 games.

You make it sound like he is unproven. He has a decent track record. And even more appealing is that his style fits the Denver scheme. I'm not saying he's no.1 RB material; but if you are telling me that he is there and you don't take him as a no.2 back because you don't think he has proven he can get it done, then that is simply wrong.

I'm not sure that Tennessee's line is as bad as some of you want to think. On the other side of that, I'm not sure Denver's line is as dominant as it was. Many of you are predicting an exponential jump over last year based on that, and that's faulty information to be basing that jump from.

I will concede that he has a track record, but he's almost missed significant time with an injury, and hasn't been the same since. Bently, you misjudge me. I am not bitter. I was a huge fan of his in Buffalo, and thought they were foolish not to resign him and take the huge gamble on McGahee. He then left and produced . . . not much. I'm somewhat mixed on last year, but I'm not convinced that he has returned to the form that he once had. And for a back that has capped out at 1752 yards, there is a lot of hope that he's going to not just return to that form, but vault over it. Top 5 numbers people are talking here.

Further, his being brought to Denver is not a guarantee that the job is handed to him. There are way too many examples in the NFL of a big name back who doesn't do what he is expected to do. Mike Bell is not trash, and will compete for carries. And if he's worth it, Shanahan will put the ball in his hands.

Now, I think Henry is the frontrunner, and I get all the hope regarding that. However, I'm not ready to hand him the starting job there.