Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

Parenting Advice - Since we are all so perfect - Let it rip!

Since most of the posters here are so focking brilliant, let's hear some parenting advice for any-age children that you would/could dispense to others.

Mine:

Let the focking kids pick up their own focking toys instead of going after them 3-times a day and cleaning up after them.

That way they might get a focking clue that they have to clean up afetr themselves abd not such slobs to begin with.

You make a mess - You clean it up.

And kids with TV's/VCR/DVD/Video game stations in their rooms when they are really young.

WTF does a 5-year old need with a TV [and that stuff] in their room for?

And parents who let kids sleep in their beds with them until they are way past a few months old.

WTF!!!!!

The kid can and will sleep by themselves if given an oppportunity.

Your input requested.

If our bedroom door is locked and you hear mommy screaming in tongues, call me at my office because I'm paying the pool boy by the hour. :huh:

lead by example, dont tell them to be nice to others and then let out a flurry of expletives when someone forgets to use their blinker. theyre always watching.

treat them with respect, and demand they do the same to others.

praise them constantly.

spend time with them, as much as you can. we will never grow old wishing we had worked more.

love their mother. let them see you hug her. treat her as you would want your daughter to be treated when she gets married.

give them chores and let them know what a big help they are.

give timeouts, be consistent. they hate timeouts really, really bad.

let them know you love them and think theyre awesome. get down on your knee, look them in the eye and tell them, alot.

lead by example, dont tell them to be nice to others and then let out a flurry of expletives when someone forgets to use their blinker. theyre always watching.

praise them constantly.

spend time with them, as much as you can. we will never grow old wishing we had worked more.

love their mother. let them see you hug her. treat her as you would want your daughter to be treated when she gets married.

let them know you love them and think theyre awesome. get down on your knee, look them in the eye and tell them, alot.

That you Ward?? :huh:

Don't forget to add them to your Cingular family plan on their 7th birthday. :huh:

Help me understand why some parents do this.

Don't let them kill themselves.

Don't let someone take them.

Enjoy their faults as much as you enjoy their strengths.

Believe it or not, they mirror you. What you say, what you do, how you act, and everything about you is in them. Even if they are adopted, it is that way.

Yell less, hug more. You will all feel better that way.

You are the adult in this relationship. Don't let them convince you otherwise.

Kids don't need to have everything. You will be surprised with how well they get by with playing with a cardboard box. My kids live on basic Legos leftover from when my wife and I were kids.

If it is raining, they won't melt. Let them play outside. Early and often.

Work or chores around the house are good for them. Start them young and don't let up.

There is no such thing as an allowance. You either earn your money or you don't get any.

If you want good kids, you have to put in the time. The teachers will not raise your kids. Your kids can't raise themselves. Like many things in life, half of the battle is showing up.

praise them constantly.

This is an OK start.

But where are the things they do wrong and correcting them? :huh:

2 words

BEAT THEM

:(

tell them repeatedly "there's no crying in___________________" (baseball, hockey, power tool accidents, limb dismemberment, etc etc etc etc).

Always follow through.

If you say you're going to kick their ass. then kick it.

This wishywashy sh!t is why we're raising a bunch of mooks.

I would advise them not to jump up on top of someones expensive SUV.

HTHs

:(

Flash cards for basic arithmetic. NO finger counting! They should be taught addition and subtraction BEFORE 1st grade and multiplication/ division by Xmas of first grade. Teach them Cribbage in second grade and play with them often. Let them win sometimes.

You will be shocked how they try to teach these basic skills in schools today. It's no wonder that when one goes to a FF restaurant that when your bill is $6.73 and you hand them $11.78 they need to call a supervisor.

Flash cards for basic arithmetic. NO finger counting! They should be taught addition and subtraction BEFORE 1st grade and multiplication/ division by Xmas of first grade. Teach them Cribbage in second grade and play with them often. Let them win sometimes.

You will be shocked how they try to teach these basic skills in schools today. It's no wonder that when one goes to a FF restaurant that when your bill is $6.73 and you hand them $11.78 they need to call a supervisor.

WTF would you hand them 11.78? :huh:

WTF would you hand them 11.78? :dunno:

Geez, could you have done a better job of making my point? So that my change is $5.05 (as in a five and a nickel rather than a mess of singles and other change. :huh:

Geez, could you have done a better job of making my point? So that my change is $5.05 (as in a five and a nickel rather than a mess of singles and other change. :huh:

You figure that out on your own smart guy? Seriously, What kind of loser puts 11.78 out for a 6 something bill?

You figure that out on your own smart guy? Seriously, What kind of loser puts 11.78 out for a 6 something bill?

One who can actually do rudimentary arithmetic in his head. Apparently a skill that eludes you.

You sure did pick an appropriate handle.

One who can actually do rudimentary arithmetic in his head. Apparently a skill that eludes you.

You sure did pick an appropriate handle.

Hey smartfock, my kids "boat" design won second place out of 300+ students. I'm sure you'll design your kids boat with $5.05 in mind. :huh:

Hey smartfock, my kids "boat" design won second place out of 300+ students. I'm sure you'll design your kids boat with $5.05 in mind. :banana:

Riiiiiight. Like anyone would believe that. More likely 299th. BTW if you had not been such a focktard, I would have told you to spend $12 at Walmart and buy an air mattress inflator (hand held, battery powered) to supply a continuous supply of airflow propellant.

Why do you post here and continue to advertise you stupidity?

I came in here to reply to the thread, not argue with a moron and thus will have nothing else to do with your retarded azz.  I have no training in how to deal with those with "special needs."  You have obviously been demoted from drive-thru to pickle placer and can't deal with it.

I understand the theory of not wanting so many singles and or change BUT $11.78 for a $6.73 bill is alittle over the top - dontcha think? Is that $3.27 (change from a 10 spot) going to weigh you down ? If you were making a point - OK - if you ACTUALLY do that :banana: :banana: :D

then again I plan on paying for my kids college through change and singles.I toss every coin and single in a jar at the end of the night - I've been averaging $200 a month. Obviously I do not do what you do - if bill is $10.02 I give a $20 - and I get mad if cashier says dont worry about it and gives me a ten back!

If you wanted a nickel that badly why didn't you just keep your own, give them $11.73, and walk out with your five spot?

Just saying...

:banana:

The wife and I use these:

1. Turn off the TV, it is not an acceptable substitute for your attention. No more than 30 min per day, preferably none.

2. You really dont need a DVD player in your car if you follow #1

3. Kids will eat what you eat (within reason)....or they will starve. Eat as a family.

4. Take the time to fix something decent to eat, rather than "Kid Cuisines" or other craptacular insta-food.

5. Never argue or fight in front of the kiddo, save it for later.

6. Do something as a family as many times a week as you can.

7. Read to him as much as possible.

If you wanted a nickel that badly why didn't you just keep your own, give them $11.73, and walk out with your five spot?

Just saying...

:blink:

Just saying quarters were probaly involved you can pay 11.78 with 3 quarters you if you pay 11.73 you need 2 quarters 2 dimes and 3 penny's

HTH

I would advise them not to jump up on top of someones expensive SUV.

HTHs

:headbanger:

Funny man there.

He slid across it BTW. No hood jumping from what everyone said.

He slid across it BTW. No hood jumping from what everyone said.

:o

everythings cool then ?

Riiiiiight. Like anyone would believe that. More likely 299th. BTW if you had not been such a focktard, I would have told you to spend $12 at Walmart and buy an air mattress inflator (hand held, battery powered) to supply a continuous supply of airflow propellant.

Why do you post here and continue to advertise you stupidity?

I came in here to reply to the thread, not argue with a moron and thus will have nothing else to do with your retarded azz.  I have no training in how to deal with those with "special needs."  You have obviously been demoted from drive-thru to pickle placer and can't deal with it.

Gee, this hurts. I'm going to miss your witty banter. :o

The wife and I use these:

1. Turn off the TV, it is not an acceptable substitute for your attention. No more than 30 min per day, preferably none.

2. You really dont need a DVD player in your car if you follow #1

3. Kids will eat what you eat (within reason)....or they will starve. Eat as a family.

4. Take the time to fix something decent to eat, rather than "Kid Cuisines" or other craptacular insta-food.

5. Never argue or fight in front of the kiddo, save it for later.

6. Do something as a family as many times a week as you can.

7. Read to him as much as possible.

This is all good. :thumbsdown: