Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round One Draft Commentary**

True. We need to get to #7 quickly. I am itching to draft Syndric Steptoe. ;)

1.01 - LT2

Not much to say here but [guy from ESPN FF comercial who can't pronounce TJ Who'sYourMomma]championship[/guy from ESPN FF comercial who can't pronounce TJ Who'sYourMomma]

Real nice reach JScott. I don't think I would have had the guts to take LT right there. :first:

Thanks Lou, gotta take risks to win championships some times ;)

1.01 - LT2

Not much to say here but [guy from ESPN FF comercial who can't pronounce TJ Who'sYourMomma]championship[/guy from ESPN FF comercial who can't pronounce TJ Who'sYourMomma]

Thanks Lou, gotta take risks to win championships some times ;)

Was Potts on the radar :doublethumbsup:

1.01- RB Sam Cunningham, NE

That's Sam Bam Cunningham Fumble. We need to keep this stuff straight.

That's Sam Bam Cunningham Fumble. We need to keep this stuff straight.

:doublethumbsup:

Fate is on the side of the Patriots in this draft. Our three Pats fans (You, ICE, and JScott) drew the #1, #2, and #4 picks..........

;)

Fate is on the side of the Patriots in this draft. Our three Pats fans (You, ICE, and JScott) drew the #1, #2, and #4 picks..........

Has to mean another Super Bowl for the Pats. Nothing else could explain this coincidence IMO. :doublethumbsup:

Good Lord! It's the day before the Mock is supposed to start and I am already adversely affecting the speed of the draft!!!

That's gotta be a new record on my part. <_<

ICEMAN

interesting. second mock ive seen, and both have sjax going 2nd instead of the more obvious choice. <_<

Good Lord! It's the day before the Mock is supposed to start and I am already adversely affecting the speed of the draft!!!

That's gotta be a new record on my part. :banana:

ICEMAN

LOL.

Two down, and a buck seventy eight to go. Movin right along..... <_<

First mistake of the draft and only the 2nd pick..........................................

You didn't hold up and thing! :banana: ..............and made the right pick! <_<

Anyone else feel that this draft really begins around pick 6?? :pointstosky:

I really feel that the draft begins at 3. I don't know about you, but Larry Johnson & Shaun Alexander give me the willies this season.

ICEMAN

For me it begins the moment I don't select Domanick Davis with the first pick of the second round. :bench:

Season killer

I really feel that the draft begins at 3. I don't know about you, but Larry Johnson & Shaun Alexander give me the willies this season.

ICEMAN

It is not wise to speak of the un-picked. ;)

Why are you trying to mess with MY mind :bench: Isnt that like clubbing a baby seal with a nerf bat ;)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................................... :pointstosky:

although i have larry johnson ranked 3rd this year.....i don't really like him this season...wasn't that a record 4 carries in 2006 ....416- thanks a lot herm for not using bennett more? we all know nan's article about backs coming off high carries the season before....now you throw in a rookie qb basically projected to start.... a washed up line....crap at wr....and herm edwards' refusal to have any semblance of a balanced offense and you could have a potential recipe for disaster

not so fast my friend........

johnson is the second best pure running back in the league behind LT and probably has the best combo of speed and power.....although he has looked a tremendous amount of carries the past two years he basically didn't play much at all in 2003-2004...i think he'll be really good for one more year and buck the trend of breaking down....we know herm is going to force-feed him the ball...i also believe kc's defense will be good enough to keep them in most games and have them vying for a wildcard at the end of the year regardless of the qb which i think will end up being huard.....and michael bennett will supposedly be getting more in the mix....i also feel because of the wr situation and if croyle keeps the job LJ will be getting many more passt attempts- he's an underrated catcher and has suprising agility for a big man...i think he'll catch at least 60 balls this year of he stays healthy- that's going to help his overall production...and he's a threat to take it the distance anytime

so in conclusion based on his talent i had to go with him over the man with 2 rebuilt knees and another superstud back who has foot pproblems to go along with hitting the dreaded 30 in age in august.....he's certainly the most logical choice there...at worst if he plays 16 games he's good for 1800 total yards/15 tds

but in a real league...i consider trying to trade him as soon as i draft him...i think in most leagues i could find someone to overpay based on his incredible 2 year run in 05-06...

what do the rest of y'all think about the big man this year?

:pointstosky: Come back Lou! :)

Sorry, the 4 kids all want snacks and it being a school night means nothing to them. I have a splitting headache now.

Anyhow, I am pleased with Gore at 1.4. I think he is an up and coming stud and the 49rs continue to improve while RBBC should not exist on the 49rs. He can simply be a pig in the backfield slopping up the points each and every week.

Jetdoc Mock and June Mock ..............hmmmmmmmmmm.........anyone else notice a trend yet?? :)

im gonna call you this saturday while i am at the pool hanging out :pointstosky: ..

not so fast my friend........

It's Lee Corso!! :)

Sorry, the 4 kids all want snacks and it being a school night means nothing to them. I have a splitting headache now.

Anyhow, I am pleased with Gore at 1.4. I think he is an up and coming stud and the 49rs continue to improve while RBBC should not exist on the 49rs. He can simply be a pig in the backfield slopping up the points each and every week.

School night? It's June the 11th...... :pointstosky:

It's Lee Corso!! :)

School night? It's June the 11th...... :pointstosky:

In New Hampshire they get out the 19th and 20th. We have snow days to make up.

In New Hampshire they get out the 19th and 20th. We have snow days to make up.

Ah yes.....my days in New England are coming back to me now.

You think Soloist would get mad if we called him and woke him up to draft? LOL. Seriously, I think he drafts mostly during the day.

I'm going to bed. Soloist usually checks in very early in the mornings.....he'll be around........ :thumbsdown:

sam the bam cunningham is a legend around these parts....usc trounced 'Bama in 1971 42-21 at historic legion field here in the ham.... this guy may have done more integration in the South than any player in that era....for years a story was passed around that Coach Bryant brought him into the 'Bama locker room after the game and stated " boys, this is what a real football player looks like " .....of course it has been refuted over the years but it's an often passed tale for sure

and my friends call me boner james mr fumbleweed..... but you can call me lee corso if you would like :thumbsdown:

and one more note before i visit the sandman...thank God i live in the south....the school's are out by memorial day and it's hot.....geez i watched a red sox game last week and the people were bundled up and you could see their dragon breath-lol....it's 10:30 and still 84 degrees in hoover...gotta love that HEAT~~~~!

as as the late john denver said......." thank God i'm a country boy "

I'm going to bed. Soloist usually checks in very early in the mornings.....he'll be around........ :P

why don't we get the soiloist to make the selection... .... i haven't seen much of a difference the past 2 years between the two......the soiloist has the best predraft predictions on this site anyway :lol:

Give me a few minutes

You draft like old people crew :first: You talk to Scooter Bro___ much anymore, I swear he moves around so much I cannot keep up with him. I saw him at a Raven's game last year, he looked old... :D

You think Soloist would get mad if we called him and woke him up to draft? LOL. Seriously, I think he drafts mostly during the day.

Sorry, I didn't think we were starting last night. You should have called me. I was bored! LOL!

You draft like old people crew :first: You talk to Scooter Bro___ much anymore, I swear he moves around so much I cannot keep up with him. I saw him at a Raven's game last year, he looked old... :D

I'm about to send you an email

Thought for a moment that Willie Parker would be the one to slide through the top group, but Brian Westbrook is a decent consolation prize, as he consistently puts up numbers.

Leave it to the Soloist to throw the first curve ball in this draft. His picks are never dull...........

The whole first two rounds, after pick 4, should be intresting. Addai might be the safest pick of the 3, but I can't fault the pick of Parker. I could have easily seen Westbrook at 5 too.

Leave it to the Soloist to throw the first curve ball in this draft. His picks are never dull...........

Was thinking the exact same thing....