Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Favorite 'unusual' sammich

Two sammiches that most would prolly :first: at:

1) Peanut butter with a Kraft single. Damn that's tasty.

2) Potato salad sammich. Dr. Atkin's worst nightmare.

I like to put potato chips in my homemade sammiches. :first:

Two sammiches that most would prolly :music_guitarred: at:

:first:

I like my breakfast inside a sandwich.

Some mornings I do eggs, ham and hashbrowns in a sandwich....wierd? not really

Unbelievable. I was actually thinking about whether or not this would be good as a sammich yesterday. Tuna salad is good. Chicken salad is good. Egg salad is good. Salmon salad is good. Shrimp salad is good. Crab salad is good.

I suppose potato salad could work.

Two sammiches that most would prolly :pointstosky: at:

Many people underestimate the versatility of peanut butter. It goes nicely with both sweet and savory flavors. I used to like peanut butter on my BLTs, and when I was younger would often skip the bacon and just go PB-LT (with lots of Mayo).

Many people underestimate the versatility of peanut butter. It goes nicely with both sweet and savory flavors. I used to like peanut butter on my BLTs, and when I was younger would often skip the bacon and just go PB-LT (with lots of Mayo).

When I was growing up, the little boy who lived next door to me loved Peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. :thumbsup:

:pointstosky:

When I was growing up, the little boy who lived next door to me loved Peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. :thumbsup:

:pointstosky:

Where'd you grow up?

Elvis(!) loved peanut butter and banana sammiches. I've yet to try that one but I suppose I will someday.

Very tasty sammich. The nice thing about this sammich is that the moisture from the nanners nice counteracts the PB and White Bread. :pointstosky:

Not sure why I never tried a PB and Apple Slice sammich. That would have been really tasty too. :thumbsup:

Elvis(!) loved peanut butter and banana sammiches. I've yet to try that one but I suppose I will someday.

Thier not bad :thumbsup: But the deepfryed pickels he liked kinda suck :thumbsdown:

Thier not bad :thumbsup: But the deepfryed pickels he liked kinda suck :thumbsdown:

Not if they're done right. They can be seriously tasty. But, I've had some absolutely atrocious ones too. Never even heard of the concept until I moved down south.

Here's a weird one I eat quite often that includes peanut butter:

Turkey.

Bacon.

Cheddar, swiss, and pepperjack cheese.

Peanut butter.

Put the turkey, bacon, and cheeses together and let them melt. if you want, you can toast the bread to make it more sturdy and hold the sandwiches together better. Once the first three are all melted together, spread a small layer of peanut butter (more if you can actually chew it all and swallow it) and add the first three on top.

Also works with bacon bits if you like it really crispy. :thumbsdown:

note: this may go without saying, but make sure to have plenty of whatever drink you choose nearby.

PB and most kinds of regular potato chips. I like Lay's.

Elvis Presley's Grilled Peanut Butter
and Banana Sandwich

* 2 slices of white bread
* 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
* 1 small ripe banana mashed
* 2 tablespoons butter

Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and the mashed banana on the other. Press the slices gently together. Melt the butter (or to be truly Elvis-like, melt bacon fat!), over low heat in a small frying pan. Place the sandwich in the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides. Eat it with a glass of buttermilk.

Please note: Elvis tended to eat 12-15 sandwiches a sitting! So belly up!

:thumbsdown:

Where'd you grow up?

Torrance, CA :unsure:

Your name wouldn't be Rusty, would it?

Veggie Sandwich:

Cucumbers, Mozzerella cheese, laughing cow chive spread, sprouts, lettuce, avocado, tomato and onion...delish :headbanger:

You lost me at "Veggie". :unsure:

Torrance, CA :unsure:

Your name wouldn't be Rusty, would it?

Nope, grew up in Iowa and New Mexico...

...and the name is most definately not Rusty.

Veggie Sandwich:

Cucumbers, Mozzerella cheese, laughing cow chive spread, sprouts, lettuce, avocado, tomato and onion...delish :unsure:

Mmmm... this sounds pretty good. I buy the laughing cow lite cheese spread (haven't seen it in chive flavor) and have it on crackers with olives and a glass of wine, but I never thought to spread it in my sandwich. :headbanger:

Veggie Sandwich:

Cucumbers, Mozzerella cheese, laughing cow chive spread, sprouts, lettuce, avocado, tomato and onion...delish :unsure:

While this sandwich sounds delicious, it doesn't seem particularilly unusual... :headbanger:

Mmmm... this sounds pretty good. I buy the laughing cow lite cheese spread (haven't seen it in chive flavor) and have it on crackers with olives and a glass of wine, but I never thought to spread it in my sandwich. :unsure:

I get the LF chive and onion, so good. I got the idea from Einsten bagels, they put a spread like that on their tasty turkey and veggie, and it works out great because I don't like mayo. I also toast a whole wheat bagel or english muffin instead of white cheap bread :headbanger:

Veggie Sandwich:

Sounds pretty good. I'm pretty sure I'd 'tweak' it this way for me:

1) Thick Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella slices. Not that crap in the blocks.

2) Skip the lettuce - sprouts are sufficient.

3) Red Onion.

4) Toasted bread.

...but I could see me eating that. :headbanger:

anything with avacado. im pretty sure you could make a vanilla extract and baking soda sandwich; and it would be delicious if you added avacado.

Veggie Sandwich:

Cucumbers, Mozzerella cheese, laughing cow chive spread, sprouts, lettuce, avocado, tomato and onion...delish :dunno:

If you added a half of a pound of greasy fried burger to that, you may have something :dunno:

Not that I eat them regularly, but here's a couple I've tried that weren't that bad.

Bologna/Ketchup/Chips

Bologna/Peanut Butter

It's not too unusual.

Hollow out a hoagie roll or French bread and fill with spaghetti and meat sauce. Top off with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.

It's not too unusual.

Hollow out a hoagie roll or French bread and fill with spaghetti and meat sauce. Top off with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.

Huh. Hell, I've put canned raviolis between bread, what the hell! :dunno:

When I saw you post, I immediatley figgered you'd post that mongo sammich from brisket bbq. :dunno:

Huh. Hell, I've put canned raviolis between bread, what the hell! :lol:

When I saw you post, I immediatley figgered you'd post that mongo sammich from brisket bbq. :unsure:

That would be a real sammich.

How about brisket, jalapeño sausage, bacon, beans, cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce on French bread. :doh:

That would be a real sammich.

How about brisket, jalapeño sausage, bacon, beans, cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce on French bread. :doh:

:unsure:

nice sandwich. maybe hot sauce instead of BBQ?

Many people underestimate the versatility of peanut butter.

I thought peanut butter was only good for luring the gerbil outta your asss ?

You can eat it too?