Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Brandon Jacobs vs Willis McGahee

I am willing to bet that Brandon Jacobs will run all over the Ravens tonight and prove to you haters that he is worth at least a 2nd round pick. He will do better than McGahee as his value will drop. New team same guy. Nothing has changed but his uniform.

Because Ogden isn't a top 3 LT in this era and played for Buffalo as well. Especially when they had that Veteran QB under center and the stifling defense leading to short fields and ball control.

Oh, and it's preaseason. :doublethumbsup:

Tonights game will prove who's better?

LOL.. I hope you don't really believe that.

They aren't in a steel cage going against each other, until someone dies.

It's 2 RBs, going up against completely different Defenses. In which one of the D's happens to be dominate, while the other is mediocre.

Great logic.

I am willing to bet that Brandon Jacobs will run all over the Ravens tonight and prove to you haters that he is worth at least a 2nd round pick. He will do better than McGahee as his value will drop. New team same guy. Nothing has changed but his uniform.

:doublethumbsup:

Didn't even have to look to see you were a new member of the bored.

It's 2 RBs, going up against completely different Defenses. In which one of the D's happens to be dominate, while the other is mediocre.

Great logic.

well put. nothing else to add.

Brandon Jacobs.... :unsure: ....run all over the Ravens :unsure: .....

holyfockingsh!tthatsfunny.... :thumbsup:

Brandon Jacobs.... :unsure: ....run all over the Ravens :unsure: .....

holyfockingsh!tthatsfunny.... :thumbsup:

last run was pretty nice

Please see the thread on fantasy football snobs. And it's "board". :overhead:

No, he had it right, he could have also used forearm as well, as they are both pretty greta.... :pointstosky:

One good sign for Jacobs fans: Reuben Droughns just turned a 10 yard hole into a 6 yard gain. Looks like somebody poured cement in his cleats.

On the downside, I thought Jacobs looked a little stiff in a few of his cuts but again... we're talking 6 carries. Loved the blitz pickup and I'm sure Coughlin did as well!

Please see the thread on fantasy football snobs. And it's "board". :pointstosky:

:overhead:

Don't make me call David PatteRn.

Seriously, that's offensive. Are you suggesting we bench Stephen Davis? :bench:

McNair!

Who's laughing now? Brandon Jacobs stats 6 for 23 yards longest 14 and Willis McGahee 6 for 3 yards longest 7. Oh I forgot, Willis had 1 catch for a long 1 yard. :overhead: Doesnt matter how long I've been on this site, with all of your fantasy knowledge you were way off! I proved my point! Same guy different jersey.

Who's laughing now? Brandon Jacobs stats 6 for 23 yards longest 14 and Willis McGahee 6 for 3 yards longest 7. Oh I forgot, Willis had 1 catch for a long 1 yard. :clap: Doesnt matter how long I've been on this site, with all of your fantasy knowledge you were way off! I proved my point! Same guy different jersey.

7/11 113 yards 1TD

5/11 41 yards 0 TD

Which is Carson Palmer and which is Bruce Gradkowski?

Exactly. Now will you please stop being a moron? :overhead:

something actually to take from this game. willis got the first 2 series and then mike anderson spelled him a series then willis was back on. it also appeared that musa smith was playing the role of a third down back.

i might take from this game that jacobs might get more carries this season - if healthy

Who's laughing now? Brandon Jacobs stats 6 for 23 yards longest 14 and Willis McGahee 6 for 3 yards longest 7. Oh I forgot, Willis had 1 catch for a long 1 yard. :overhead: Doesnt matter how long I've been on this site, with all of your fantasy knowledge you were way off! I proved my point! Same guy different jersey.

That's less than 4.0 YPC for Jacobs...

And you are bragging about that? In the preseason?

So take away the 14 yarder.. and he has 5 carries for 9 yards? Wow... He is good.

This has to be the alias of a vet because nobody could actually seriously put this on the bored, I mean "board."

This has to be the alias of a vet because nobody could actually seriously put this on the bored, I mean "board."

I actually thought of that. He's saying all the right things to get us to bash him.

Look man, What ever happened to you in your childhood I wasnt apart of it so don't take your frustrations out on me. I know internet message boards are a cheap way of expressing your anger but seriously, go seek professional help. It might also solve the adult bed wetting issues too. :clap:

7/11 113 yards 1TD

5/11 41 yards 0 TD

Exactly. Now will you please stop being a moron? :overhead:

Look man, What ever happened to you in your childhood I wasnt apart of it so don't take your frustrations out on me. I know internet message boards are a cheap way of expressing your anger but seriously, go seek professional help. It might also solve the adult bed wetting issues too. :overhead:

:clap:

Look man, What ever happened to you in your childhood I wasnt apart of it so don't take your frustrations out on me. I know internet message boards are a cheap way of expressing your anger but seriously, go seek professional help. It might also solve the adult bed wetting issues too. :pointstosky:

Nice try.

Try to actually be funny next time, it might help.

7/11 113 yards 1TD

5/11 41 yards 0 TD

Exactly. Now will you please stop being a moron? :pointstosky:

While I'm not going to say that 2 quarters of a preseason game mean all that much, I think you post is misleading. Gradkowski played in garbage time while Palmer played with the first stringers (minus the 3-5 obligatory kinda injured starters). Both Willis and Jacobs played meaningful-ish minutes. IMO their performances are more concerning for McGahee than promising for Jacobs. Buffalo gave up on him for a reason and he needs to prove they were wrong. As an FFL owner that concerns me and I want to see that a better OL (and the Ravens definitely have one) will make a difference for Willis. Against an average D in 6 preseason carries it didn't. Not all that meaninful on an island but there are other warning signs surrounding McGahee.

That's less than 4.0 YPC for Jacobs...

And you are bragging about that? In the preseason?

So take away the 14 yarder.. and he has 5 carries for 9 yards? Wow... He is good.

take away the best carry and.......

stupidest argument evah!

:pointstosky:

I just got Brandon Jacobs in the 3rd round of a 12 team re-draft. I am VERY happy :pointstosky: :banana: :first:

I got him at 4.13 in a 14 team dynasty league, i trumped you.

:ninja:

Why are you co-signing for another man? Was I talking to you? Stay out of grown folks conversation. BTW there are some intelligent people who understood the thread in the first place. My point was McGahee shouldnt be ranked higher than Jacobs. For the 3rd time in case you did not comprehend my comment about McGahee. "SAME GUY DIFFERENT JERSEY" Yes this is preseason but the Ravens have the #1 defense and Jacobs did well against them. The Giants are rank something like 25th and all McGahee would produce is a net of 1 yard? You will be making a big mistake if you draft him before Jacobs.

Nice try.

Try to actually be funny next time, it might help.

While I'm not going to say that 2 quarters of a preseason game mean all that much, I think you post is misleading. Gradkowski played in garbage time while Palmer played with the first stringers (minus the 3-5 obligatory kinda injured starters). Both Willis and Jacobs played meaningful-ish minutes. IMO their performances are more concerning for McGahee than promising for Jacobs. Buffalo gave up on him for a reason and he needs to prove they were wrong. As an FFL owner that concerns me and I want to see that a better OL (and the Ravens definitely have one) will make a difference for Willis. Against an average D in 6 preseason carries it didn't. Not all that meaninful on an island but there are other warning signs surrounding McGahee.

Oh I agree. My point was that they both had the same # of pass attempts and Gostkowski was far more effective. I think it all balances out reasonably well though, as the offenses surrounding the players also get worse, not just the defenses they're competing against.

BTW there are some intelligent people who understood the thread in the first place.

Maybe some intelligent people should teach you the difference between present tense and past tense.

The Giants are rank something like 25th and all McGahee would produce is a net of 1 yard?

Even better.

You know, I came into this thinking there would be a well informed discussion about a game concerning two players that might figure into my FF future...but this is way better by far.

I am going to start looking for the dumbest threads each day to catch these little chuckle gems. I'm rooting for Henry, if his wit was much drier it might catch on fire. Although Cuse seems pretty good...

Since you want to be grammatically correct, I think you might need to rent the school house rock dvd called "Conjunctions, whats your functions" :pointstosky:

Great logic.

You know, I came into this thinking there would be a well informed discussion about a game concerning two players that might figure into my FF future...but this is way better by far.

I am going to start looking for the dumbest threads each day to catch these little chuckle gems. I'm rooting for Henry, if his wit was much drier it might catch on fire. Although Cuse seems pretty good...

The best part is that his victim never seems to realize it. I'm not sure if he just picks the right guys somehow, or if they get desperate.

Either way, fun to watch. Especially since I gave up on arguing with that guy and Henry was with me. :thumbsup:

Since you want to be grammatically correct, I think you might need to rent the school house rock dvd called "Conjunctions, whats your functions" :thumbsup:

There isn't enough deodorant for that statement.

I'll let Henry take care of it. You'll see...

Great logic.

Yea you're right, they are different backs up against different Def... and what does that yell you when Jacobs, running against arguably the toughest D in the league, goes 6-23 and McGahee running against one of the worst gets 11 YARDS ON 6 Carries?!? But your analyzation was perfect, you should help the guys out on MNF with those dynamite drop-ins Donny.

With that said, it is preseason but my money is definately on Jacobs this year.

Wow. Incredible commentary here.

Are we really moving players up and down based off of a meaningless preseason game? The defensive schemes are as vanilla as they come. The main focus of these games is to ensure that the starters do not get hurt.

Calm down people. Preseason is not an indicator, good or bad, of in-season performence. Brandon Jacobs and Willis McGahee are both fine running backs and will probably put up similar numbers. Neither of them are going to be elite, nor or they going to be horrible. Throw them into the same tier and relax.

Since you want to be grammatically correct, I think you might need to rent the school house rock dvd called "Conjunctions, whats your functions" :thumbsup:

So.. I'm guessing you already have added this to your DVD collection?

You and your children must have so much in common.

Well put Lambert. These guys took a meaningless thread to a personal level with the name calling and insults. Very immature, it's only fantasy football.

Wow. Incredible commentary here.

Are we really moving players up and down based off of a meaningless preseason game? The defensive schemes are as vanilla as they come. The main focus of these games is to ensure that the starters do not get hurt.

Calm down people. Preseason is not an indicator, good or bad, of in-season performence. Brandon Jacobs and Willis McGahee are both fine running backs and will probably put up similar numbers. Neither of them are going to be elite, nor or they going to be horrible. Throw them into the same tier and relax.

Well put Lambert. These guys took a meaningless thread to a personal level with the name calling and insults. Very immature, it's only fantasy football.

Atleast you agree that your thread was meaningless.

I think that was everyones point.

So why would you blame it on us?

It was meaningless before we got here.