Sign in to follow this  
Franknbeans

The breakout player from your favorite team is...

Pittsburgh Steelers - Santonio Holmes

He is their long ball threat now and all signs point to Arians taking more deep chances in the passing game. Combined with his YAC ability (ie. speed), I don't see (barring injury) how he doesn't outperform his average draft position this year.

E-A-G-L-E-S

EAGLES

:headbanger: Touchdown Reggie Brown :shocking: ..all day baby.

1200 yards 12 TD's-Probowl Year. :shocking:

Just one?

Brett Favre...but not by a ton. Antsports has his current ADP as the 16th best QB and I would wager he would finish top 12 again this year.

same with Driver...ADP as the 16th WR out there and he will be around top 10 again this year.

Just one?

Brett Favre...but not by a ton. Antsports has his current ADP as the 16th best QB and I would wager he would finish top 12 again this year.

same with Driver...ADP as the 16th WR out there and he will be around top 10 again this year.

His TD totals have dropped over the past 2 years.

I see a bounce back year for him.

His TD totals have dropped over the past 2 years.

I see a bounce back year for him.

Agreed there is a reason he is dropping a bit. But I see him outperforming last year.

The last 2 years he has had new guys at both guard spots and the center position.

Now in year 2 of this offensive line, I think that will help. As will Jennings being in year 2 and the rookie (if he continues to play like he has in preseason).

New York Jets - Jerricho Cotchery

He has an excellant chance at outperforming Lav Coles as he is developing as a real wweapon in the passing game. He is strong to the ball and after the catch and has surprising big play ability.

Adrian Peterson is going to blow away his current ADP... 5.10 Adrian Peterson RB MIN 50.0 1340

Mark it down... MB

ps. He's gonna put the AD in ADP :headbanger:

Probably Rivers for San Diego, and hopefully not Michael Turner.

Rivers was developing well then hit a wall late in the season. What most people don't understand is that he was playing on a bad ankle during that time and it screwed up his mechanics, not to mention his confidence. The ankle appears to be fine now, so I'd expect Rivers to end up near the top of the 2nd tier QBs.

Gates will get drafted high and will have a difficult time outperforming that... Vincent Jackson is a nice big target, but not a breakaway threat despite his straight ahead speed, and has to compete with Gates, Floyd (who's basically the same player), now Davis who'll take over in the slot, and of course LT and Turner. Even as a die-hard fan, I am not even considering drafting any SD wr.

The Charger defense is also getting drafted too soon, imo. Cottrell's vanilla 3-4 is not what Wade Phillips had implemented as Merriman and co. were attempting to set sack records, and the schedule is predictably tougher this year.

Trent Green. Currently the 22nd QB taken overall. I gaurantee he'll finish better than 22nd overall.

Probably 19th or so. :music_guitarred:

Brandon Jacobs :(

I'm beginning to wonder if Jacobs is just an over-priced Marion Barber. 3 yards, a cloud of dust, and an occasional TD.

:unsure:

Dallas Cowboys - Patrick Crayton

Current ADP 15.06 Cowboys will use more 3 WR sets. Glenn is already hurt may or may not start in game one.

I'm beginning to wonder if Jacobs is just an over-priced Marion Barber. 3 yards, a cloud of dust, and an occasional TD.

MBIII averaged almost 5 yds a pop last year. :rolleyes:

Julius Jones: Contract Year. One foot out the door with MB3 wearing the boot. MB3 signed with Rosenhaus which means new team next year. Dallas will get McFadden (Jones Arkansas homer, Browns 2008 high pick).

Julius is breakout player from favorite team.

He is their long ball threat now and all signs point to Arians taking more deep chances in the passing game. Combined with his YAC ability (ie. speed), I don't see (barring injury) how he doesn't outperform his average draft position this year.

Yah this guy is gonna have a big year. He has made big plays in all of the Steelers pre season games. I will definetly draft him in my leagues.

Julius Jones: Contract Year. One foot out the door with MB3 wearing the boot. MB3 signed with Rosenhaus which means new team next year. Dallas will get McFadden (Jones Arkansas homer, Browns 2008 high pick).

Julius is breakout player from favorite team.

JJ is a UFA and Barber is a RFA.. What makes you think they both will leave?

I'm going with David Martin. I've done a lot of 12 team mocks where he doesn't get drafted. I'm not saying he's going to be a top 5 TE, but Cameron likes to use his TE in the passing game, so he should get plenty of opportunities to make plays.

Agreed. I drafted him as a WR4 in a local draft I did last week...

But I plan on starting him as my WR3 for Week 1. I think that they will want to hit him deep at the beginning of the season -- just to get a message across.

Lendale White is getting no love - - He's dropping real low in redrafts.

297/1250/9td :pointstosky:

JJ is a UFA and Barber is a RFA.. What makes you think they both will leave?

1. UFA for Jones

2. Barber might stay (RFA), but with Rosenhaus at helms, it will be pricey...who knows.

3. Jerry J wants a "ticket seller" for new stadium. McFadden will do it. Cant keep JJ, MB3 AND new McFadden with those price tags.

Lendale White is getting no love - - He's dropping real low in redrafts.

297/1250/9td :pointstosky:

He's not dropping in drafts...he's just dropping by buffets and being overlooked. "He's just big-boned"

Detroit Lions - Mike Furrey, WR

:pointstosky:

Most folks seem to think the arrival of Calvin means Furrey disappears. It's hard to envision Kitna repeating the yardage he had last year w/o his favorite security blanket.

Roy is the deep threat, red zone, and 3rd and long target.

Calvin is the up and comer, future pro-bowler

Furrey is the move the chains guy.

After this year he may very well vanish, but I think until Calvin gets fully up to speed in Martz's offence, Furrey will have respectable late round value, esp. in PPR

1. UFA for Jones

2. Barber might stay (RFA), but with Rosenhaus at helms, it will be pricey...who knows.

3. Jerry J wants a "ticket seller" for new stadium. McFadden will do it. Cant keep JJ, MB3 AND new McFadden with those price tags.

I hear you.. I just think that Dallas is very close to having enough to make a super bowl run. Even if they let JJ walk (I think they will) this year, MBIII is plenty talented enough to carry the RB load. To be honest, I think it is pretty apparent that he is better than Julius.

I just think that with their talent level, I think they should use the extra draft pick for something that they actually NEED. McFadden is great, but Marion is plenty good enough to get the job done. It just seems that they would want to fill a gap in their lineup, instead of just drafting a luxury pick like McFadden.

Instead of McFadden, I think they would be better off with Jake Long, the left tackle from Michigan.. Or another lock down corner to team up with Terrance Newman. Or even another WR to team up with aging Glenn and Owens. Seems like something like that would instantly improve the team much more than McFadden.. Even though, like I said, I think McFadden will be awesome.. I just think they should be smart about it.

Devery Henderson, WR, Saints

His ADP is 8.06, but I've seen him going in the 9th-11th round.

He's the #2 WR on the #1 Offense in the NFL. He's the speedster and long scoring threat opposite the possession WR in Colston. I think his value will be around the 5th to 6th round.

I hear you.. I just think that Dallas is very close to having enough to make a super bowl run. Even if they let JJ walk (I think they will) this year, MBIII is plenty talented enough to carry the RB load. To be honest, I think it is pretty apparent that he is better than Julius.

I just think that with their talent level, I think they should use the extra draft pick for something that they actually NEED. McFadden is great, but Marion is plenty good enough to get the job done. It just seems that they would want to fill a gap in their lineup, instead of just drafting a luxury pick like McFadden.

Interesting point. I like this talk. MB3 is good enough no doubt. Romo I guess is the ticket seller...so who would solidify Big D and be worthy of that probable 1st or 2nd pick next year? (browns are horrid)

Interesting point. I like this talk. MB3 is good enough no doubt. Romo I guess is the ticket seller...so who would solidify Big D and be worthy of that probable 1st or 2nd pick next year? (browns are horrid)

I added to my original post.. I threw out a couple of thoughts.

Devery Henderson, WR, Saints

His ADP is 8.06, but I've seen him going in the 9th-11th round.

He's the #2 WR on the #1 Offense in the NFL. He's the speedster and long scoring threat opposite the possession WR in Colston. I think his value will be around the 5th to 6th round.

I'm not saying he won't be productive, but with Bush on the roster, you could say he's really the #3 wr in NO.

Denver Broncos fan here.

My teams breakout player is................

:dunno: Javon Walker! :pointstosky:

I know what you're thinking. I truely believe the death of Williams put his life in perspective and he's not going to take things for granted anymore. He's worked harder than anyone in camp.

Do not be surprized if Javon pulls the triple crown of receiving this year! He'll have a career year in receptions, yards and TD's.

Write it down.....championship

Atlanta Falcons - Joey Harrington

He's ranked below Brody Croyle for cryin' out loud. I think he has a solid season, if the WRs keep the balls off the ground. Keep your eye on Laurent Robinson, he'll be pushing White and Jenkins for playing time.

He's ranked below Brody Croyle for cryin' out loud. I think he has a solid season, if the WRs keep the balls off the ground. Keep your eye on Laurent Robinson, he'll be pushing White and Jenkins for playing time.

I'll agree on Robison, but disagree on Jenkins. Jenkins is already behind Robinson.

Denver Broncos - Brandon Marshall

Been a little nicked up during camp but has great size, catches everything in site, and has good speed for his size!

Muuuuuuaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. Ahhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaa. Now thats funny.

I think that CJ will have breakout in his first year with the lions. And no furrey will not dissapear. He is the possession WR that the lions need at the slot position.

San Francisco 49ers - QB Alex Smith

The Niners depth on the offensive line is better than it's been in years. The defense, despite many off-season additions, still looks porous up front. Most importantly, Vernon Davis has a season under his belt and Darrell Jackson was added, giving Smith options in the red zone.

Smith has been impressive in his third preseason. The offensive coordinator has shown great faith in his mid-range accuracy, which bodes well for TD opportunities. I think he'll way outperform his 10.09 ADP and be a border-line fantasy starter.

Muuuuuuaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. Ahhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaa. Now thats funny.

I think that CJ will have breakout in his first year with the lions. And no furrey will not dissapear. He is the possession WR that the lions need at the slot position.

I just said he'd beat his ADP, not be the second coming of Manning. I do think he'll surprise people, this is his last chance to prove he can play.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

None outperform their ADP since they'll all be gone by round 4. (Addai, Manning, Wayne, Harrison)

They're still battling to see who will backup Addai, so there's no clear handcuff yet. Gonzo might be worth a late pick at WR, but don't expect too much. Dallas Clark will be a decent TE late.

All the talk at camp has been about Lance Moore (probably won't be drafted by most). As much as I do like Devery, he is already nursing a hamstring and Colston missed time last year. If anyone of them is hurt you better get this guy off the WW quick.