Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Who is the steal of your draft?

Who is that one player that all the other owners over looked and let slipped through the cracks to your team?

I got Tony Gonzalez in round 17 TEs are not required.

Chris Henry - WR Bengals... got him in round 18... and he will be a force once he is able to play... just hope my team makes it to the playoffs... becuase he will be a HUGE upgrade as my #3 WR week 10 and on!

nothing, i always forget about sleepers i write down at the end :cheers:

i guess if i had to pick, deuce at end of round 3 in 14 team league or fred taylor end of round 6th

Guest _my_2_cents_

Hard to say, as the draft I've done was an IDP.

I will say that Alexander slid to 10th overall, which is ridiculous.

I took Ronnie Brown at 2.11, which I still think was a bargain, all Cam Cameron talk aside.

I also landed LaMont Jordan in the 11th, which is a steal.

Braylon Edwards went in the 8th round, 2 picks before I could grab him.

But again, it's IDP so strange things start to happen when runs on DL, LB and DBs are happening. :cheers:

Lamont Jordan in the 7th and 8th in my last two drafts. I will snag him today too if no one pays attention.

Lamont Jordan in the 7th and 8th in my last two drafts. I will snag him today too if no one pays attention.

Me, too. I'm in a TD only league and last year I got burnt on Jordan, but I think this year I can get him really late. Especially if the clowns at the draft make the same kind of picks they did last year.

I got b. marshall 16.10 i think he should be solid and there were a lot of players that went before him that should of went after...... so if had to pick a steal this is the biggest steal i had......everyone else went around where they should of went

Matt Schaub in the 20th

:music_guitarred:

Our scoring system is pretty friendly to the better QBs - to give you an idea, Peyton went #3, and Brady, Palmer and Brees all went early in the second round. I got McNabb at the end of round five when he was my highest rated player on the board, so he was probably my favorite pick, though I'm not sure that constitutes a "steal".

Biggest steal? I got Devery Henderson in round 16... which is when people like Anthony Gonzalez, the Saints defense, and Demitrius Williams were going.

One of the guys in our league pulled Westy in at 2.2 in a 10 team league. FWP then went 2.3. No idea why last year's champ went with MJD/THenry at the 1.10/2.1 spots. This is not a keeper league (which might have explained MJD). I guess he's expecting Westbrook and Fragile Freddy to go down early.

Lamont went in the 18th in one of my leagues. IDP with a bunch of Raider Haters. Everyone basically forgot about him...until the guy right before me....when I had him all queded up and everything. Oh well. I still got LT.

In my money league, first year PPR I drafted Deuce in the 7th and Jordan in the 9th. Being our 1st year, I think a lot of guys were focused on WR's, but I still got Marvin, A. Johnson and V. Jackson.

In my $200 cap auction draft, Willie Parker went for $50... while 11 other owners (myself included) sat there and let it happen. Most of the other top-10 backs went from between $70 and $95. It was early, too, when most everyone still had money.

I've done too many mocks to count, and have drafted 3 money leagues so far (4th and final is tomorrow), and, without question, the steal of every draft I've done is Thomas Jones. A top 10-12 RB getting drafted in the late 3rd-early 4th over and over.

I grabbed Adrian Peterson(Vikes) in the 10th :pointstosky:

These threads always crack me up.

Why the fock didn't you take him in the ninth? Had to get Driver off the board?

I got MJD in the 4th in a 8 team PPR league and I also got portis in the 11th which is just SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I followed that up with Betts in the 14th. LMAO Can you say CHAMPIONSHIP.

Vince Young in the 9th of a 10 teamer..... kind of rediculous. no one wanted him because of the curse... Ill take a tandem of him and Leinart anyday.. was one pick away form a tandem of him and Kitna

I've done too many mocks to count, and have drafted 3 money leagues so far (4th and final is tomorrow), and, without question, the steal of every draft I've done is Thomas Jones. A top 10-12 RB getting drafted in the late 3rd-early 4th over and over.

Why is he the steal of the draft? Who says he will be top 10-12? Since everyone else is passing on him maybe there is a reason. They have a tough schedule first of all. Jones will loose carries also. I think his health is another concern.

I will give you this he was getting drafted in the mid second round just a few weeks ago. I am not that high on him.

I just had my big-money 12-team draft (I drafted in the 8th slot), and got Vernon Davis at 8.05.

Went like this:

1.08 Willie Parker

2.05 Willis McGahee

3.08 Lee Evans

4.05 Marques Colston

5.08 Jamal Lewis (soft schedule at FF Playoff time)

6.05 Julius Jones

7.08 Tony Romo.

Very pleased about both of those selections.

I'm hoping my pick of Portis at 3.09 in a 12-teamer will be the SOTD. I know it doesn't sound as good as getting him in the 5th or 10th or whatever but my league has a few guys not riding the short bus.