Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

***Official Week #2 College Football***

philly,

whats your reasoning for baylor tomorrow? doesnt have to be elaborate, just sum it up briefly

The Baylor pick doesn't scare me nearly as much as philly taking the worst NCAA team of the last two years: Florida International. Why put your money into such a torturous situation, philly?

philly,

whats your reasoning for baylor tomorrow? doesnt have to be elaborate, just sum it up briefly

Cliff notes:

It's more of a play against Rice. Rice's defense has been brutal for years, and when the first coach to come along to make their offense dangerous bailed out after one year, it's a disaster that he left behind. Rice's best RB is gone. While both offenses will have weak moments, Baylor sports the much better defense, so I will lay the points in a competitive game where the home team has the better defense and offense.

The Baylor pick doesn't scare me nearly as much as philly taking the worst NCAA team of the last two years: Florida International. Why put your money into such a torturous situation, philly?

First of all, Maryland sucks. And the Terps have to lay 24 points on the road. Flor Int lost their first 5 games of last year, mostly non conference by a total of 12 points. Flor Int lost 5 fumbles vs Penn St last week to dress up their loss as worse than the stats point out. I can't imagine Maryland winning comfortably on ther road vs a Sun Belt team, especially after the track record of Sun Belt teams playing well in non-conference games this year, ATS.

philly/Yer Mom:

Doing my typical 3-team Overs parlay in the noon games for a few bucks. Are these the most likely shootouts or am I overlooking a few? I tend to have better luck with the larger numbers (high 40s/mid 50s) than the seemingly obtainable ones (high 30s to mid 40s).

Over 49.0

Miami (OH) RedHawks at Minnesota Golden Gophers

Over 52.0

Nevada Wolf Pack at Northwestern Wildcats

Over 57.5

Bowling Green Falcons at Michigan St Spartans

It was inevitable.

Calgary 2nd H (-.5 units) for 3 units

I'm actually planning on taking Baylor for at least 2 units this week as well. Some initial thoughts before my writeup later tonight..

Baylor may have been outclassed by TCU 27-0, but they were still able to convert 3rd downs at 30% (6-20) vs TCU's 20% (3-15) conversion rate, and got 15 first downs to TCU's 17. Falling behind, their QBs combined for 4 ints and could not muster much of a run game. Baylor QB Blake may turnover the ball multiple times as he threw 4 TDs and 7 Ints last year, but against Okla, Okla St., Tex Tech, etc. Against Rice, i have much more confidence.

This week, Rice will face a Baylor team looking for redemption and hoping for a bowl chance (probably not given their tough schedule again). This will be one of their easist matches with Rice, who were beat by Nicholls State (yea..who?) last week. They were outgained 218 to 281 and split time of possession pretty evenly. Rice's QB, Chase Clement, had a breakout year last year with a 21-5 TD/Int ratio but most of his TDs came in bunches against other TX lower tier schools. Their defense obviously is not a strength, nor their offense on any level.. Bottom line... Rice is one of my favorite teams to bet against.

Anyways.. i support this pick Philly..not sure if he saw things same way..

NCAA to date: 8-2 +5.594

Rutgers -16 1 unit to win .952 units WINNER

LSU -12.5 1 unit to win .98 units

Auburn -6.5 1 unit to win .9 units

Boise St -3 1 unit to win .97 units

Alabama -3 1 unit to win .862 units

Oregon State -3 1 unit to win .84 units LOSE

Thanks to Rutgers for a close win.

1-1 -.048 units so far this week.

Philly,

Just curious but with all your underdog plays do you hit the ML at all or strictly the spread? You would have to assume there has to be value in the ML if you are betting 3 units on a 7 point or less dog via the spread.

Philly,

Just curious but with all your underdog plays do you hit the ML at all or strictly the spread? You would have to assume there has to be value in the ML if you are betting 3 units on a 7 point or less dog via the spread.

Edit: Occasionly I will bet a dog with the moneyline; if I do, I will post it. Haven't found the right situations to do it so far this year.

I've been out all night so I haven't had a chance to check in at all. Unfortunately I had Navy at +16, but what are you gonna do? Didn't get to hit any of the 2nd half plays either so I'm hoping the Calgary -2 bet hits so I can at least break even for the night. GL.

Calgary in an offensive rhythm. Calgary up 20-14, early 3rd Quarter. :shocking: :pointstosky: :banana:

They were down 13-0.

philly/Yer Mom:

Doing my typical 3-team Overs parlay in the noon games for a few bucks. Are these the most likely shootouts or am I overlooking a few? I tend to have better luck with the larger numbers (high 40s/mid 50s) than the seemingly obtainable ones (high 30s to mid 40s).

Over 49.0

Miami (OH) RedHawks at Minnesota Golden Gophers

Over 52.0

Nevada Wolf Pack at Northwestern Wildcats

Over 57.5

Bowling Green Falcons at Michigan St Spartans

Meh. I took it for a small amount before the lines move. Hopefully, we'll see some early shootouts!

Waiting for Yer Mom's plays and then I'll take the games that show up the most on YM/Ditka/philly's lists.

Calgary hanging in, up 20-17. We need a good drive.

ANy good site to follow the CFl game live??

ok...earlier this week i was all ready to play Penn St. for a lot..... I have been looking at things tonight and for some reason im not as sold on the game as I once was. I realize Penn St. has Morelli and good wrs coming back.... they have a ton of players coming back on the D that was solid last year, but I think we may underestimate ND..... Can anyone give me a writeup. I realize Clauson is making his first start going into Happy Valley. One last thing I read that 75% of the public is on Penn St, but most of the money is looking NDs way....

About 4 minutes to go. Calgary trying to kill clock. Up 20-17.

Does anybody have any info on the TCU/TEXAS game... I liked the under at open but it looks like a lot have jumped on that and its down to 44 now...

About 4 minutes to go. Calgary trying to kill clock. Up 20-17.

Who has the ball? there was a time warp or something

Looks like Edmonton just punted.

Calgary ball at their own 23. 2:15 to go.

Calgary picked up several first downs. If Edmonton gets the ball back. there will be less than 30 seconds left.

Edmonton got it back. At their own 21. 29 seconds to go. Still 20-17, Calgary leads.

Just wodering if anybody liked San Jose ST. this week getting laid 19.5 from K.st I like this game. Philly do u have a lean anyway?

After scanning the lines, here are tomorrows plays:

Oklahoma State team total OVER 38 (vs. Florida Atlantic) After last week at GA, looking to light up offensively at home

LSU V-Tech UNDER 38 Too much emotion, too much D, lack of QB experience. Lots of 3 and outs.

Kentucky -12.5 (vs. Kent State) Kentucky will hang a 35+ on em, Kent St prolly wont score 21

California -14 Not a big fan of betting Cal on the road, but superior athletic difference here. 42-17 CAL

West Virginia team total OVER 42.5 White and Slaton will terrorize the Herd, should have 28+ by the half

Hawaii team total OVER 50.5 - Great road team, no philosophy change when on the road, throwthrowthrow. Brennan had 6 TDs in first half of last weeks game, albeit a weaker D but no matter. They should have 35 by the half.

Boston College -13.5 (vs. NC State) 35-17 type game, enough for the cover

Penn St team total OVER 30.5 - I like the line, I can definately see them scoring 31. A win is a win <_<

I dont like this week all of a sudden, im looking at the above mentioned plays and feeling like its gonna be a 5-3 type week, ill take the profit though :dunno:

Good Luck!!

Game over. Calgary wins 20-17. Calgary covers the game. Calgary covers the 2nd H. <_< :dunno: :banana:

Game over. Calgary wins 20-17. Calgary covers the game. Calgary covers the 2nd H. <_< :dunno: :banana:

Looks like a nice night for you philly. I see you're on your way to sweeping your MLB picks. Hopefully anyway...I have LAD also.

After scanning the lines, here are tomorrows plays:

Oklahoma State team total OVER 38 (vs. Florida Atlantic) After last week at GA, looking to light up offensively at home

LSU V-Tech UNDER 38 Too much emotion, too much D, lack of QB experience. Lots of 3 and outs.

Kentucky -12.5 (vs. Kent State) Kentucky will hang a 35+ on em, Kent St prolly wont score 21

California -14 Not a big fan of betting Cal on the road, but superior athletic difference here. 42-17 CAL

West Virginia team total OVER 42.5 White and Slaton will terrorize the Herd, should have 28+ by the half

Hawaii team total OVER 50.5 - Great road team, no philosophy change when on the road, throwthrowthrow. Brennan had 6 TDs in first half of last weeks game, albeit a weaker D but no matter. They should have 35 by the half.

Boston College -13.5 (vs. NC State) 35-17 type game, enough for the cover

Penn St team total OVER 30.5 - I like the line, I can definately see them scoring 31. A win is a win <_<

I dont like this week all of a sudden, im looking at the above mentioned plays and feeling like its gonna be a 5-3 type week, ill take the profit though :dunno:

Good Luck!!

Dammit. My current book doesn't have team totals! Can you suggest which plays are worth taking the overs for the games?

anyone have any inisght on texas texh vs utep??? i think the line is -24(posting from phone).....watched new mexico vs utep last week and they looked awful...is tt home? i like tt but dont see anyone else beting this game..

Dammit. My current book doesn't have team totals! Can you suggest which plays are worth taking the overs for the games?

What?!? What happened with Olympic? Lemme look real quick and see if anything talks to me...

anyone have any inisght on texas texh vs utep??? i think the line is -24(posting from phone).....watched new mexico vs utep last week and they looked awful...is tt home? i like tt but dont see anyone else beting this game..

Not touching it but I dont see how UTEP should be in that game.

WTF?!?!? The same shiit happened a few times last year! I posted my plays here and lines moved over at Olympic just after :lol: Weird coincidence, thats all, but weird. The WV team total just jumped to 43. Im not giddy about much this week like I was a few days ago but the WV/Marshall game should be a safe over. Also tempted to take the Michigan/Oregon over at 63, Michigan should come out absolutely firing this week and we know Oregon is good for a few TDs. I had the Oregon/Houston over in Vegas and I laughed the whole game, up and down, up and down. Michigan should hang a 42+ spot this week if they arent still suffering the hangover, which I dont think they will be...

Best of luck to the league of extraordinary gentlemen :wacko:

What?!? What happened with Olympic? Lemme look real quick and see if anything talks to me...

Haven't had a chance to send them money (my cards don't work with them). I went with BetOnUSA for the next few weeks.

Evening Gents. Its late Friday and feeling no pain.

thought I'd hit you all with my plays for tomorrow.

First of, I have to prop Philly as I questioned his Midd Tenn state play and it was brilliant. I actually couldn't get my Lville play in but I said here that I was taking them so... I suck.

I took the over in the NFL game and thanks to NO being unable to score one O td, I missed.

Anyhow, I won it back tonight on Rutgers (damn that was close).

Here are my plays tomorrow.

Cal 50 cents

Boise St 50 cents

Oklahoma $ 1.00

Hawaii $ 1.00

Arizona State 50 cents

Penn St. 50 cents

I really should take Wisconsin as they carried me winning 8 or 9 of their last 10, last season.

Leaning towards Oregon. Can App st actually be a better team? I doubt it.

TCU 50 cents

Still researching but for me 4 to 6 picks on a Sat is about right.

ps I like Seattle -6 at home vs Tampa on Sunday.

Just posting my picks for the week, hopefully I can get back in the positive with NFL week 1 kicking off.

NCAA 3-3-0 (-2.2 U)

Cal -14 (1 unit to win .91) (-1) - Really just expecting a blowout here. But betting it safe just in case Cal doesnt play like I predict them to.

Boise St -3 (1 unit to win .91) (-1) - Hate going against philly, but I just have a gut feeling on this one, still tough picking against philly.

Oregon +7 (1 unit to win .91) (+.91) - I expect Mich to win but I think Oregon will keep it close.

Bama -3.5 (1 unit to win .87) (+.87) - I think Bama wins this by much more than a FG so the 3.5 should be safe.

UNC +170 (ML) (1 unit to win 1.7) - Think this game will be pretty close, and UNC has a real chance of winning, so I'll take the odds and risk a unit on them.

Baylor -7.5 (1 unit to win .91) - Going with philly on this one, so far going against him has been bad, bad , bad for me.

NCAA Today 2-2-0 (-.22)

ps I like Seattle -6 at home vs Tampa on Sunday.

Just some info, Seattle has a horrible week one record 3-9 of last 12, don't see them losing, and I may actually bet them, just something to be aware of.