Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Travis Henry

I know he came back in for a few plays after he went down but - he did walk off pretty slowly after he went down and it didn't look real good. That coupled with Shanny's never ending quest to find the next Terrell Davis Gem ( S. Young newest canidate ) - count me as :nervous: Henry owner ! Also the fact that He is getting no TD's :overhead:

From CBS:

Travis Henry, RB DEN

News: According to the Denver Post, Broncos RB Travis Henry thought his season was over following a right ankle injury Sunday against the Colts. "I was worried," Henry said as he walked with a pronounced limp from the visitors locker room at the RCA Dome to the team bus. "I felt sharp pain in my knee, first. Then my knee and my ankle. But the X-ray came back negative, so that's a blessing." Henry left the game but returned and finished with 131 yards on 26 carries. It was the third time in four games Henry rushed for at least 128 yards.

Analysis: While Henry's injury isn't serious, his hobble indicated he will likely miss the week of practice and may be questionable for the game Sunday against San Diego at Invesco Field at Mile High. "I think I'll play," Henry said. "I know my body, and I think things will settle down in a couple days and I'll be able to get back in there."

Henry also said

"Selvin has done a wonderful job," Henry said. "He's a good back. So if that's the case I know he'll take advantage of this opportunity."

I'd be slightly worried, but with Henry's history of playing through injuries, he will probably still start, but he might get a lighter work load until he feels 100%.

monitor this week's practice's and take it DTD.

Hell, last week Walker said he's "definately playing", yet was out for the game... so you never know.

Didn't Henry return to the game? If so I would think he was ok and he should be ready to go on Sunday.

Didn't Henry return to the game? If so I would think he was ok and he should be ready to go on Sunday.

yes, he returned to the game. that's a very good sign, but shanahan may still have him split carries next week until his ankle is 100%. but again, you never know. he may feel 100% by gametime, in which case, he'll once again be the clear cut #1RB

yes, he returned to the game. that's a very good sign, but shanahan may still have him split carries next week until his ankle is 100%. but again, you never know. he may feel 100% by gametime, in which case, he'll once again be the clear cut #1RB

thanks for the info Pete. :ninja:

They have a bye in week 6, so if you let him rest he basically has the next 3 weeks off. Of course, they need a win and you want to win home games. Same goes for Walker.

probably another 3 p.m GTD

Didn't Henry play though a broken foot or some crap like that in Buff. He's always been tough as nails.

Have no fear Denver homers. Once again, Seldon Young came in a ran extremely well, yesterday. 10 yards per carry, I believe.

Don't worry. Henry will play. He knows he probably will never start another game for the Broncos if he doesn't. :rolleyes:

Don't worry. Henry will play. He knows he probably will never start another game for the Broncos if he doesn't.

Certainly no guarantee.. you could almost say "Denver, where players losing their jobs to injury is the rule not the exception".

Not trying to bum out or bait Henry owners, but if you've been around the block a few times, you know what a "deal with the devil" taking on a Bronco RB can be.

Can we extend that entirely to Belichick's minions as well? :rolleyes:

Have no fear Denver homers. Once again, Seldon Young came in a ran extremely well, yesterday. 10 yards per carry, I believe.

Don't worry. Henry will play. He knows he probably will never start another game for the Broncos if he doesn't. :cry:

the prospect of a bye week giving Henry 3 weeks off scares the sh1t out of me now that I think about it.

Shanahan I'm sure will look at that, but he'll also look at this week being a divisional game that they NEED to win.

They win this game, they are in complete control of the AFCW. Lose, and you might as well start planning for next year, cause you'll be tied with all the other teams, none of which are worth a sh1t, yet could still probably run for 250yards on the Broncos and end up winning the game.

I think Henry will play just cause of the magnitude of this game, and then have only 2 weeks to nurse the ankle.

I'd be surprised if Walker didn't play as well. Having the bye week come now is probably a very good thing as the Broncos are knicked up worse than normal, and are playing so poorly.

Umm, do you guys actually watch the football games? Henry had 20 carries at half time.. I pray Young starts getting some carries..

Henry also said

I'd be slightly worried, but with Henry's history of playing through injuries, he will probably still start, but he might get a lighter work load until he feels 100%.

Henry seems like the type of guy that may not be so willing to play through injury now that he's been shown respect (i.e. "got paid").

Henry seems like the type of guy that may not be so willing to play through injury now that he's been shown respect (i.e. "got paid").

And what exactly are you basing that on? :D

He is known as a guy who plays through pain. If he can play he will.

And what exactly are you basing that on? :overhead:

He is known as a guy who plays through pain. If he can play he will.

Because he squandered away all his earned cash in the past due to alleged gambling and drug problems to the point he was seeking loans to cover expenses, he's been suspended for drug issues, has multiple out of wedlock children, and was a general bad seed when McGahee took his job (not that I blame him too much for that last one).

I like his running style and he has played with a broken bone leg in the past, He's a tough runner no doubt. But its the impression I get based on the fact that he really needed his job and the money in the past and that's why I think he played through injury.

I'm certainly allowed to express that opinion based on my impressions of him. I didn't state it as a hard fact, just as my impression.

It's funny how people get so sensitive about players they "own" in fantasy football.

I understand you are making the argument that Now that he's gotten his payday that he might be the type of player that doesn't try as hard. I don't see it that way. I have seen a lot of heart out of Henry so far this season. He played in Buffalo with a broken freaking fibula. I don't think a guy loses that kind of work ethic just because he got his payday.

Because he squandered away all his earned cash in the past due to alleged gambling and drug problems to the point he was seeking loans to cover expenses, he's been suspended for drug issues, has multiple out of wedlock children, and was a general bad seed when McGahee took his job (not that I blame him too much for that last one).

I like his running style and he has played with a broken bone leg in the past, He's a tough runner no doubt. But its the impression I get based on the fact that he really needed his job and the money in the past and that's why I think he played through injury.

I'm certainly allowed to express that opinion based on my impressions of him. I didn't state it as a hard fact, just as my impression.

It's funny how people get so sensitive about players they "own" in fantasy football.

Doc Oc, I just don't agree with the logic. You have to look at the other side of things, which are his incentives. He needs those because he's got 9 kids to support (along with more than likely a drug habit). When I drafted him, I said he's gonna run hard this year he's got 9 kids to support and my whole league laughed, but I was serious. That's a helluva a lot of child support payments

DO -- 99.9% of the time you a great poster -- but that post was garbage and i think even you know that !

Granted Henry might be out ( I own him as you know and and pray he isn't ) but to say he wouldn't be so willing to play through injuries is nuts. The guy historically is one of the toughest RB's around - Played a season with broken ribs ( and played well ) - played a few games on a broken leg ! Alot of back miss games with "bruised"ribs . he might sit -- if I was Shanny I might go ahead and sit him just to get him healthy for the stretch run anyway - but it will have nothing to do with Him saying he isn't ready or can't go.

DO -- 99.9% of the time you a great poster -- but that post was garbage and i think even you know that !

Granted Henry might be out ( I own him as you know and and pray he isn't ) but to say he wouldn't be so willing to play through injuries is nuts. The guy historically is one of the toughest RB's around - Played a season with broken ribs ( and played well ) - played a few games on a broken leg ! Alot of back miss games with "bruised"ribs . he might sit -- if I was Shanny I might go ahead and sit him just to get him healthy for the stretch run anyway - but it will have nothing to do with Him saying he isn't ready or can't go.

agreed 100%

Shanny has it all wrong, his ploy to motivate Tatum Bell,won't work on our man Travis.

Here is how you motivate Henry

Stick the cheerleaders in the opposition end zone, have them flash a little cameltoe and Henry will be in the endzone lickety-split.

Have the water boy ready with some ice cold H2O to seperate horny Henry from the quim and start all over again

Guaranteed 20 TDs and 2000 yards rushing in 2007

Here is how you motivate Henry

Stick the cheerleaders in the opposition end zone, have them flash a little cameltoe and Henry will be in the endzone lickety-split.

:thumbsup:

Have the water boy ready with some ice cold H2O to seperate horny Henry from the quim and start all over again

Guaranteed 20 TDs and 2000 yards rushing in 2007

I heard Travis Henry broke his shlong and will not be able to impregante any women for 2-4 weeks.

:pointstosky:

I heard Travis Henry broke his shlong and will not be able to impregante any women for 2-4 weeks.

Maybe Shawn Kemp can fill in for Henry for a while. Shanny can turn anyone into a stud RB after all. :wub:

Fair enough, its just my impression and it could certainly be wrong. I actually am a big fan of the way Henry runs and give him tremendous credit for sacrificing his body over the years.

However part of me thinks that alot of his "heart" had to do with looking for his big payday, which had alluded him. Guaranteed money can take away some of that desire. For years he struggled with bankruptcy issues and needed the paycheck, unlike alot of players who are smart with their money or hire good people to take care of it.

If I'm wrong about his character, then I apologize to him (well I guess to you guys since I doubt he reads these boards). I didn't mean for it to be such a major issue in this thread, just kind of a toss off statement.

Fair enough, its just my impression and it could certainly be wrong. I actually am a big fan of the way Henry runs and give him tremendous credit for sacrificing his body over the years.

However part of me thinks that alot of his "heart" had to do with looking for his big payday, which had alluded him. Guaranteed money can take away some of that desire. For years he struggled with bankruptcy issues and needed the paycheck, unlike alot of players who are smart with their money or hire good people to take care of it.

If I'm wrong about his character, then I apologize to him (well I guess to you guys since I doubt he reads these boards). I didn't mean for it to be such a major issue in this thread, just kind of a toss off statement.

Well, DO, if it makes you feel any better, I have never been a big fan of Henry's either. The fact that he seems to always lose his starting job, plus the news of his numerous illigitimate kids, certainly doesn't make me a big fan. Also, tough-guy or not, he seems to get injured an awful lot. Although it's an attribute to his toughness that he manages to play through some of teh injuries, it still doesn't change the fact that he's very susceptable to injury.

I've just never been a big fan.

any word on the MRI results?

The MRI came back with terrible results I bet, and every week they will list Travis Henry as questionable for the rest of the season. And every week Selvin Young will start and dominate the league.

Signed,

A Selvin Young onwer in 2 leagues