Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

New England Head Coach Belicheck?

Ok folks......Let me start off by saying as a Cowboy fan I have to hand it to the Pats. They won the game fair and square. Outplayed Dallas and deserved a good road win so this is not about sour grapes. I just want yalls honest opinion.

As far as Coach Belicheck, I really felt like the last td the pats got was totally out of line. Please correct me if i am wrong but I believe there was around 18 seconds left in the game when the Pats went for it on 4th and goal from the 1 yd line up 14pts.

Now you all can say what you want because i want to hear everyones opinion but it seems to me that the Tom Landry's, Chuck Knolls, Dan Reeves, Tony Dungys, and Joe Gibbs of the NFL would not have punched it in. They would have kneeled on the one allowing the game to end and show some class.

The stunt Belicheck pulled seemed more like a Jerry Glanville or Buddy Ryan type move. :doublethumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sound off folks...

It was 4th and 1. They couldn't run the clock out without running a play. Kneeling would have given the ball back to the cowboys.

And if you don't like it, stop it. They had an undrafted rookie from Navy score, not Brady throwing to Moss. Have some pride, hunker down, and keep it from happening.

It was 4th and 1. They couldn't run the clock out without running a play. Kneeling would have given the ball back to the cowboys.

And if you don't like it, stop it. They had an undrafted rookie from Navy score, not Brady throwing to Moss. Have some pride, hunker down, and keep it from happening.

Exactly. If the Cowboys just wanted the game to be over, then why did they call timeout?

If Dallas hadn't called timeout during the last series, they could've ran out the clock by kneeling.

The Dallas players and coaching staff didn't seem too bothered by it, so I don't think it was a big deal at all. And like the person above said, if they didn't like it, they could've actually stepped up and stopped the backup fullback from scoring.

I gotta agree with everyone else so far. When it happened, I was kinda thinking the same thing that it may have been classless, but after considering it for a while I decided that the Cowboys brought it on themselve by calling the timeout. Now I hate Belichek as much as the next guy and think he is pretty classless most of the time, but Sunday was not one of those times. Stop the 4th stringer if you don't want them to score again.

I am someone who really wanted more out of the punishment for Belicheck, but I really have to say that any talk of classlessness over "running up the score" is nonsense. If there is still time on the clock then why would one team give up just because it's in the lead? That makes no sense to me. If your team is dominating there is obviously a reason for it.

If you feel bad because your team gets shown up, I feel for you. I still don't think it matters if a team keeps trying to score before the game ends. You don't just call a football game because the lead is unreachable.

Ok folks......Let me start off by saying as a Cowboy fan I have to hand it to the Pats. They won the game fair and square. Outplayed Dallas and deserved a good road win so this is not about sour grapes. I just want yalls honest opinion.

As far as Coach Belicheck, I really felt like the last td the pats got was totally out of line. Please correct me if i am wrong but I believe there was around 18 seconds left in the game when the Pats went for it on 4th and goal from the 1 yd line up 14pts.

Now you all can say what you want because i want to hear everyones opinion but it seems to me that the Tom Landry's, Chuck Knolls, Dan Reeves, Tony Dungys, and Joe Gibbs of the NFL would not have punched it in. They would have kneeled on the one allowing the game to end and show some class.

The stunt Belicheck pulled seemed more like a Jerry Glanville or Buddy Ryan type move. :shocking: :thumbsdown:

Sound off folks...

1. Timeout #3 by DAL at 01:48. WHY???????

2. Not 1 major sports network reporter/analyst/player-comentator has indicated that they felt BB ran up the score.

3. The PATS could have thrown for a TD with less effort.

4. The PATS could not have taken a knee & run the clock out.......Dallas would have taken over on downs with time on the clock.

Your post did not seem to be of the normal HATRIOTS type so I'll assume that you were just looking for opinions.

Bottom line is the ONLY place this is being discussed is on internet chat boreds. THe NFL, The Players & the news outlets find NO MERIT to the Whining of people who cry foul any time the patriots Play, Win, show up on TV, get mentioned, score, drink a gatorade....etc.......

At one time there were a few that Bashed BB & the PATS for what they thought to be legit reasons.......I even agreed with them in regards to cameragate...........but it has evolved into a hatefest of epic proportions for no other reason than to demonstrate what REAL IGNORANCE & LACK OF CLASS IS.

I have no issue with a legit gripe or a spirited discussion about opposing views.........but it has reached a point where people MANUFACTURE FOOLISH OBSERVATIONS in order to justify a public demonstration of there blind hate.

I read a post where someone was questioning whether or not Stallworth was taunting an old lady in a wheelchair after his long TD reception.........When ANY SANE PERSON would have realized he was taunting the fans in the stands..........only an a$$clown would have tried to pin such a lame observation on him. This is the type of CRAP that has removed all unbiased & heathy discussion about ANYTHING PATRIOT related......INCLUDING THE WONDERFULL GAME VS THE COWBOYS THAT WAS ENJOYED BY Those of us that LOVE THE GAME.

TIA :bandana:

First of all, check the 3 or 4 other threads that were started about this topic two days ago.

Secondly, Belichek was just sticking it to Phillips for Philips' comments in the press during the week.

Exactly. If the Cowboys just wanted the game to be over, then why did they call timeout?

This is all that needs to be said. :shocking:

I can't really fault Phillips for calling his time out with nearly two minutes remaining - even though it was highly unlikely to affect the final outcome - just like I can't fault Belichick for scoring a TD rather than handing the ball back to the opponent.

I am enjoying all of the comments.... all of you have very good reasons for why the pats punched it in with 18sec left and up 14. Surely they didnt try and score because they were worried Dallas was gonna mount a comeback....please.

Dallas taking the timeout in hindsight was a bad move. However, believe it or not Belicheck and the Pats would have gained alot more respect imo had they kneeled. To me that would have showed a thing called class.

ps....Alot of you are right about the Pats. They are on top and that causes alot of people including me to judge there every decision, I remember the Cowboys of the 90's were criticized for breaking wind in the locker room. In no way do i hate the Pats.... I respect there play but thought in that case there was no threat w/ 18 sec left, up 14pts and NO reason besides "rubbing a little salt in the wound".

As a Dallas fan our team got a little of what they deserved, TO's popcorn bs, phillips comments, and some other baffoon said something while the pats simply kept there mouths closed and took care of business.

in conclusion, (what is this a High School thesis) whether anyone agrees with me or not they should have kneeled and showed the football world how not only are they the better team on the field but also the one with class unlike my cowboys on sunday.

They are NFL Players. Through class out the window. It's football. Stop them and you don't have to worry about class when it comes to getting scored on. They shouldn't take the field if you feel like that. I wish more teams followed that protocol. They say you play until the clock reaches 0.00

Secondly, Belichek was just sticking it to Phillips for Philips' comments in the press during the week.

Actually, If that would have been the reason, then it would have been classless by stooping to the classless level that Phillips showed. I don't think that is why it was done however.

I am enjoying all of the comments.... all of you have very good reasons for why the pats punched it in with 18sec left and up 14. Surely they didnt try and score because they were worried Dallas was gonna mount a comeback....please.

Dallas taking the timeout in hindsight was a bad move.

Gee, ya think???? ;)

However, believe it or not Belicheck and the Pats would have gained alot more respect imo had they kneeled.

Respect from who??? YOU......Newsflash....They aint looking for respect any more....That dog won't hunt

To me that would have showed a thing called class.

So would not trotting around this forum with yet another thread dumping on all things Patriot.....To me that would have showed a thing called class.

ps....Alot of you are right about the Pats. They are on top and that causes alot of people including me to judge there every decision, I remember the Cowboys of the 90's were criticized for breaking wind in the locker room. In no way do i hate the Pats.... I respect there play but thought in that case there was no threat w/ 18 sec left, up 14pts and NO reason besides "rubbing a little salt in the wound".

Kinda brings us back to that whole time-out thingy :bench:

As a Dallas fan our team got a little of what they deserved, TO's popcorn bs, phillips comments, and some other baffoon said something while the pats simply kept there mouths closed and took care of business.

I have NO problem with TO's pregame banter....except for a dropped pass...he did have a decent game

in conclusion, (what is this a High School thesis) whether anyone agrees with me or not they should have kneeled and showed the football world how not only are they the better team on the field but also the one with class unlike my cowboys on sunday.

Your Cowboys played well sunday & you have NO reason to indicate they have no class, No class is FAILING TO SUPPORT YOUR 5-1 team after there ONLY loss of the season

Dallas is a good team......they just ran into a buzzsaw called THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!!! :thumbsup:

Would it have been more sporting to kick an automatic field goal? The Pats gave them a chance to stop them fair and square using a fifth string running back and they failed.

The problem is that you are more likely to have a FG blocked than running the ball up the middle with your 5th string RB.

BTW - a running play takes more time off the clock than a kneel down. That factors into the playcalling as well.

Dallas taking the timeout in hindsight was a bad move. However, believe it or not Belicheck and the Pats would have gained alot more respect imo had they kneeled. To me that would have showed a thing called class.

Please show me another time when a team has kneeled on the ball to give it back to the other team? :lol:

On 4th down with 20 seconds to go? Every team in the world would run it. It's not the Patriots fault they were on the 1 yard line. God you people are clueless. :unsure:

we got whipped, get over it.

you want something to be upset about? chew on our pitiful 3rd down conversion rate, our inability to score more than 2 offensive tds, the 300 asinine penalties, and our inability to stop the pats on 3rd down and get our defense off the field. that's what you should be pissed about.

we got whipped, get over it.

you want something to be upset about? chew on our pitiful 3rd down conversion rate, our inability to score more than 2 offensive tds, the 300 asinine penalties, and our inability to stop the pats on 3rd down and get our defense off the field. that's what you should be pissed about.

There is no room in this thread for rational people. Please leave. TIA.

Please show me another time when a team has kneeled on the ball to give it back to the other team? :rolleyes:

On 4th down with 20 seconds to go? Every team in the world would run it. It's not the Patriots fault they were on the 1 yard line. God you people are clueless. :thumbsdown:

Packers have kneeled down in that situation many times...

But they're a classy team...

And they don't cheat. :overhead:

It's good sportsmanship.... they'll be a time when NE will no longer be good and teams have long memories.

I do think it's possible that Belichek was fearing the 20-point 98-yard Rock 'n' Jock touchdown that would have put Dallas over the top in the waning seconds of that game...

But I am disappointed that Vrabel didn't take out Romo's knees on that last kneel down..

Take no plays off. :thumbsdown:

I am also disappointed in you NE fans for not getting on Vrabel for not plowing into the line on that last kneel down....

And they don't cheat. :overhead:

It's good sportsmanship.... they'll be a time when NE will no longer be good and teams have long memories.

I do think it's possible that Belichek was fearing the 20-point 98-yard Rock 'n' Jock touchdown that would have put Dallas over the top in the waning seconds of that game...

But I am disappointed that Vrabel didn't take out Romo's knees on that last kneel down..

I am also disappointed in you NE fans for not getting on Vrabel for not plowing into the line on that last kneel down....

Please show me the game log of the packers kneeling on the ball and giving it back to the other team with time left on the clock.

TIA

Please show me the game log of the packers kneeling on the ball and giving it back to the other team with time left on the clock.

TIA

This is a good point edjr. I don't think i have ever seen a team actually kneel on a ball and give it back to the other team. I have seen teams just run the ball up the middle 4 times with backup running backs when the game is out of reach. But never kneel on the ball so their offense can go and throw some hail marys.

The other good point was about the Cowboys calling a timeout. If they wanted the pats to kneel on the ball then don't call a timeout.

Another point - Eckel scored with 23 seconds left - The previous week, Dallas scored 10 points in the final 24 sconds.

Week 5

Dallas - 16

Buffalo - 24

0:20 left on the clock...

Maybe Dallas should have been good sports to Buffalo and killed the clock instead of trying to win the game.

This is a good point edjr. I don't think i have ever seen a team actually kneel on a ball and give it back to the other team. I have seen teams just run the ball up the middle 4 times with backup running backs when the game is out of reach. But never kneel on the ball so their offense can go and throw some hail marys.

The other good point was about the Cowboys calling a timeout. If they wanted the pats to kneel on the ball then don't call a timeout.

Another point - Eckel scored with 23 seconds left - The previous week, Dallas scored 10 points in the final 24 sconds.

I certainly have never seen it.

Donass claims the FudgePackers have done it "many times"

I'm waiting patiently to see one game log.

His ownage will cometh.

TIA

I know it's not the same as kneeling on the ball, but Favre did take a knee to let Strahan get the sack record.

I know it's not the same as kneeling on the ball, but Favre did take a knee to let Strahan get the sack record.

:overhead: I actually laughed out loud on that one. Nicely done!

:overhead:

Speaking of cheating. :overhead:

Seriously Donhass, I know we all joke back and forth about our teams, but I don't ever recall a team kneeling on the ball to give it back with time on the clock. Could you show me a game log?

ah, who cares. the Boys got worked. they couldn't stop Brady.

i'ts alright though. character builder. i think Romo continues to mature as an NFL QB each week. by playoff time, my prediction is the Cowboys will be among the NFL elite. if they shore up the pass D, they will be a dominant unit.

i'ts alright though. character builder. i think Romo continues to mature as an NFL QB each week. by playoff time, my prediction is the Cowboys will be among the NFL elite. if they shore up the pass D, they will be a dominant unit.

Yeah, there is nothing to be ashamed of really.

They sure look like the team to beat in the NFC. As long as Wade doesn't hold them back

And they don't cheat. :music_guitarred:

I will call you out on this one! I have seen many more Packer games than you have and I do not remember this happening. If it had happened I would have been p$ssed at such a stupid play.

:pointstosky:

Speaking of cheating. :music_guitarred:

Seriously Donhass, I know we all joke back and forth about our teams, but I don't ever recall a team kneeling on the ball to give it back with time on the clock. Could you show me a game log?

Honestly... I don't have a problem with it.

There have been times when the Packers could have rolled up some more points (especially against their rivals) when they took a knee with time left on the clock and gave the ball back....

...where I wouldn't have minded them piling on (especially against the bears or vikes) but I see why they did it.

Why does it seem that far-fetched??? :dunno:

The game is over... Why tack on more points??

I do think it's a non-issue.... but riling up Patriot fans is fun :thumbsdown:

I will call you out on this one! I have seen many more Packer games than you have and I do not remember this happening. If it had happened I would have been p$ssed at such a stupid play.

It's happened.... might not have been a 14-point lead (like in this case), but it definitely has happened.

It's much dumber to risk injury (or whatever) in a blowout game in the waning seconds trying to tack on more points than it is to take a knee.

Honestly... I don't have a problem with it.

There have been times when the Packers could have rolled up some more points (especially against their rivals) when they took a knee with time left on the clock and gave the ball back....

...where I wouldn't have minded them piling on (especially against the bears or vikes) but I see why they did it.

Why does it seem that far-fetched??? :thumbsdown:

The game is over... Why tack on more points??

I do think it's a non-issue.... but riling up Patriot fans is fun :music_guitarred:

Because it never happened. They may have taken a knee but they did not give the ball back. Give a specific example, it may jar my memory.

There have not been too many Packer blow outs over the past few years so it was easy to check out the game logs. check out this play log:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?g...09&period=4

Packers up by 18 in the waning seconds of the game. 4th and 10 at the washington 10. What do they do? knee? run the ball? pass the ball? Nope. They kick a field goal! Talk about classless! :thumbsdown:

Final score 30-9. That was such an important field goal.

Packers classless :music_guitarred:

:music_guitarred: Dallas is definitely a good unit & the game was all it was billed to be....greta entertainment.

Who knows........maybee we meet again later this year :thumbsdown:

There have not been too many Packer blow outs over the past few years so it was easy to check out the game logs. check out this play log:

Packers up by 18 in the waning seconds of the game. 4th and 10 at the washington 10. What do they do? knee? run the ball? pass the ball? Nope. They kick a field goal! Talk about classless! :overhead:

Packers classless <_<

Why is scoring points in a football game classless? Have we all been living in this liberal, gentler, politically correct environment too long? When I played football (pickup games years ago) we scored as many points as we could as often as we could. Our goal was to crush and leave the opponent demoralized. Ah, those were the good old days.

Packers up by 18 in the waning seconds of the game. 4th and 10 at the washington 10. What do they do? knee? run the ball? pass the ball? Nope. They kick a field goal! Talk about classless! :overhead:

Packers classless <_<

You doctored those numbers on some Bears site and redirected them to ESPN :overhead:

Don't you have a hot GF... What are you doing wasting time looking up this stuff?? :thumbsdown:

I did notice that Pederson was in and he had been in for a long time. Was Brady in at the end of the game we're talking about?