Sign in to follow this  
FantasyBowl33

Fake Crowd Noise? UPDATED with Video

SO the CBS sound screwed up, but we still hear Simms and Nantz clearly?

LMAO!! :thumbsup:

Crowd mics are completely separate from booth mics moron.

Depends upon the version that you have. The one that they are playing on the radio (and was sent to Greg Aiello) is pretty blatant. This is like Ashley Simpson on SNL. Do you think that Polian/Khrushchev will be banging his shoe on the table over this one? :thumbsup:

Is this from a radio broadcast, the National broadcast or teh Colts/Pats broadcast? Is there a link?

Is this from a radio broadcast, the National broadcast or teh Colts/Pats broadcast? Is there a link?

The only one that I have heard is from a DVR of the CBS broadcast. They have been playing it on the radio here. Greg Aiello heard the same thing and said that he had to check with CBS to make sure that the problem was not with CBS and that it was actually pumped in sound. At this point, there is nothing definitive, but I would expect that there is going to be some investigation given that the Colts have played the holier-than-thou card quite a bit lately.

...but I would expect that there is going to be some investigation given that the Colts have played the holier-than-thou card quite a bit lately.

Explain this to me. How/When have the Colts played a "holier than thou" card? Seems to me like a bunch more self-pity woe-is-us from a cheating Patriots fan.

Explain this to me. How/When have the Colts played a "holier than thou" card? Seems to me like a bunch more self-pity woe-is-us from a cheating Patriots fan.

For example, Dungy called the Spygate situation "a sad day for the NFL" and was one of the most vocal people in that situation.

Read Bob Kravitz' articles from last week. He was calling the game a "Good vs. Evil" scenario. Joe Louis vs. Max Schmeling. Etc.

Those are a couple of examples. There are more.

For example, Dungy called the Spygate situation "a sad day for the NFL" and was one of the most vocal people in that situation.

Read Bob Kravitz' articles from last week. He was calling the game a "Good vs. Evil" scenario. Joe Louis vs. Max Schmeling. Etc.

Those are a couple of examples. There are more.

So, you lied. No surprise there.

What Tony Dungy said was accurate and wasn't a condemnation of the Patriots. It was/is a sad day for the NFL. It was also demonstrated that Belichick was the mastermind of the Patriots cheating.

Let's see what happens here and if the crowd noise issue - if there is one - is one that rests with Dungy. Dungy wasn't "one of the most vocal" people in that situation.

Bob Kravitz isn't the Colts.

So, you lied. No surprise there.

What Tony Dungy said was accurate and wasn't a condemnation of the Patriots. It was/is a sad day for the NFL. It was also demonstrated that Belichick was the mastermind of the Patriots cheating.

Let's see what happens here and if the crowd noise issue - if there is one - is one that rests with Dungy. Dungy wasn't "one of the most vocal" people in that situation.

Bob Kravitz isn't the Colts.

I lied? You are an idiot. Dungy was talking in September and did not back off on any of it last week.

Dungy wasn't one of the most vocal? :thumbsdown: Go to ESPN and pull up the articles from back then. Who is the first person outside of the Patriots that they have a quote from? You got it. Dungy

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3019280

1. If anything is ever heard on Sports talk radio, it's unbiased and the guys who said it know what they're talking about; this is even more so for local sports talk radio.

2. I'm amazed at how little some people in this thread know about the audio setup of large sports event, such as an NFL football game, and yet are still posting about it.

3. To my knowledge, every time this story comes out, it's "some guy" or "some reporter" who claims it, without any evidence or connections, typically someone who's never been to say, Qwest Field or Arrowhead Stadium.

4. Go to a FOCKING COLTS HOME GAME before you talk about how unrealistic the ups and downs of the noise are. Just how excited the whole crowd gets and the cooperation that goes with being quiet during the offense and yelling your head off on defense is one of the best parts--it makes any game that doesn't reproduce it seem disappointing by comparison. But there is a very concerted effort among the fans that you don't understand if you haven't been there yet.

5. The Colts have not played the holier-than-thou card. Bob Kravitz, an Indianapolis column rider, did--how shocking. Unless condemning blatant and arrogant cheating by one of the biggest names in football is, in which case you have a case against Dungy.

6. Anyone who pays attention to PFT knows just how unbiased they are when it comes to Indy...they make a real effort to counteract the perceived effects of #5.

7.. I'm amazed at how many excited replies certain Pats fans have made to this thread---17 by two of you.

8. IF actual evidence, confirmed by 'unbiased' people who actually know what the hell they're talking about technically, surfaces that the Colts have been piping in sound I'll sound back and mention that I'm pissed about it. Until then, keep fishing and diving at all that you can before you know the facts behind it--maybe I should start another thread about the radio equipment in Pats' defenders helmets or stealing playbooks, because I've heard that on the radio and mentioned by various news sources so it must be worth considering :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

1. If anything is ever heard on Sports talk radio, it's unbiased and the guys who said it know what they're talking about; this is even more so for local sports talk radio.

2. I'm amazed at how little some people in this thread know about the audio setup of large sports event, such as an NFL football game, and yet are still posting about it.

3. To my knowledge, every time this story comes out, it's "some guy" or "some reporter" who claims it, without any evidence or connections, typically someone who's never been to say, Qwest Field or Arrowhead Stadium.

4. Go to a FOCKING COLTS HOME GAME before you talk about how unrealistic the ups and downs of the noise are. Just how excited the whole crowd gets and the cooperation that goes with being quiet during the offense and yelling your head off on defense is one of the best parts--it makes any game that doesn't reproduce it seem disappointing by comparison. But there is a very concerted effort among the fans that you don't understand if you haven't been there yet.

5. The Colts have not played the holier-than-thou card. Bob Kravitz, an Indianapolis column rider, did--how shocking. Unless condemning blatant and arrogant cheating by one of the biggest names in football is, in which case you have a case against Dungy.

6. Anyone who pays attention to PFT knows just how unbiased they are when it comes to Indy...they make a real effort to counteract the perceived effects of #5.

7.. I'm amazed at how many excited replies certain Pats fans have made to this thread---17 by two of you.

8. IF actual evidence, confirmed by 'unbiased' people who actually know what the hell they're talking about technically, surfaces that the Colts have been piping in sound I'll sound back and mention that I'm pissed about it. Until then, keep fishing and diving at all that you can before you know the facts behind it--maybe I should start another thread about the radio equipment in Pats' defenders helmets or stealing playbooks, because I've heard that on the radio and mentioned by various news sources so it must be worth considering :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

You can't discuss whether it is even an issue?

Greg Aiello from the NFL is looking into it. Does that not even imply that it might have some merit?

This will (hopefully) get blown out of proportion just like "Spygate" was.

It could be NOTHING or it could be something. Who knows?

You can't discuss whether it is even an issue?

Greg Aiello from the NFL is looking into it. Does that not even imply that it might have some merit?

This will (hopefully) get blown out of proportion just like "Spygate" was.

It could be NOTHING or it could be something. Who knows?

Him looking into it imparts no conditions of merit. I think Greg Aiello would have to look into it even if he knew himself that it was not happening; how bad would it look if he just brushed it off?

I could rephrase to 'allow for discussion,' but the difference in jumping the gun here and calling them cheaters, as compared to what happened with the Pats, is that as soon as the story came out with the Pats there were other teams that knew, objectively, beyond doubt that it had happened (things like catching a cameraman in the act at Green Bay). There's not nearly enough to be excited about yet.

But, argumento, say the noise is being piped in--then it has to be a big deal because of the other especially noisy stadiums around the league, so I can't imagine it being brushed aside if that happened. (And I reiterate that I'd be pissed to find out)

Patriots communication system went down in yesterday's game.

None of this matters, Peyton is ugly, Dungy's son passed away, and Boston fans are obnoxious. We are EVIL oooooo and the Colts are GOOD! SO GOOD SO GOOD! so everyone on this site will find a reason to turn this around on the Patriots.

Belichick said the Patriots operated without their coach-to-quarterback communication system for most of Sunday's game. He said it was unusual for that to happen and that the team went to a system in which they were signaling plays into Tom Brady.

Link to Comm system article

Peyton is ugly

:thumbsdown:

I'd rather be poor (like I am now) and look like I do now, than be rich and be Peyton Manning, god he's a hideous looking creature.

Him looking into it imparts no conditions of merit. I think Greg Aiello would have to look into it even if he knew himself that it was not happening; how bad would it look if he just brushed it off?

I could rephrase to 'allow for discussion,' but the difference in jumping the gun here and calling them cheaters, as compared to what happened with the Pats, is that as soon as the story came out with the Pats there were other teams that knew, objectively, beyond doubt that it had happened (things like catching a cameraman in the act at Green Bay). There's not nearly enough to be excited about yet.

But, argumento, say the noise is being piped in--then it has to be a big deal because of the other especially noisy stadiums around the league, so I can't imagine it being brushed aside if that happened. (And I reiterate that I'd be pissed to find out)

I was joking with the CHEATERS :thumbsdown: at the beginning of the thread.

I don't think that it is that big of a deal. I think that other teams do it and I think that the Colts have been doing it for a while. Then again, I did not think that the camera thing was that big of a deal either.

I don't think that it is that big of a deal. I think that other teams do it and I think that the Colts have been doing it for a while. Then again, I did not think that the camera thing was that big of a deal either.

Patriots complain about crowd noise

By Jason Cole

Monday, Nov 5, 2007 12:13 pm EST

The NFL is looking into allegations that the Indianapolis Colts piped in noise during the game Sunday between the Colts and the Patriots. The charge comes after Patriots President Jonathan Kraft became the latest NFL team executive to accuse the Colts of the distracting tactic that is against the rules.

"We're aware of it and we're looking into it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we're checking it out."

Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday, which the Patriots won 24-20. That might confirm the long-held suspicion among many people in the NFL that the Colts play loud crowd noise to help distract opponents when the other team is on offense.

"We're aware of the accusations, but there has never been anything to substantiate it," Aiello said.

Kraft approached NFL Vice President of Security Milt Ahlerich after Kraft and his parents, Patriots owners Bob and Myra Kraft, left the Patriots locker room after the game.

Kraft was angry as he told Ahlerich the league needed to look into the allegation. Ahlerich is the same person who confiscated a videotape made by the Patriots during a game against the New York Jets in Week 2 that led to the Spygate controversy.

In addition, New England quarterback Tom Brady also commented on how loud it was in the RCA Dome.

"I don't know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn't hear anything out there," Brady said.

This is the latest in a string of incidents between the teams that have fueled the growing Colts-Pats rivalry. In the past, Colts General Manager Bill Polian has vehemently argued that the Patriots have bent the rules in terms of use of replay challenges and the pass interference rule.

AND THE PLOT THICKENS!!! :thumbsdown: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_exper...e?urn=nfl,52422

Listen to the audio in the links.. and the announcers still sound fine.. I don't like either team.. but I think the Colts are flat-out busted in this case.

This just in.. Bill Polian just purchased 3 reel to reel decks, a few 10.5" reels.. Analog don't skip baby.. not unless you're playing a deeply scratched record.

Listen to the audio in the links.. and the announcers still sound fine.. I don't like either team.. but I think the Colts are flat-out busted in this case.

This just in.. Bill Polian just purchased 3 reel to reel decks, a few 10.5" reels.. Analog don't skip baby.. not unless you're playing a deeply scratched record.

Again...people...the announcer's mics and those which capture crowd noise for TV feeds are completely different. Of course the announcers still sounded fine. its a different mic and feed.

Radio feeds from both teams have been listened to by people with nothing of the sort coming through.

Clearly, the Colts' AFC championship win last year is tainted.

I'm kidding, of course. In seriousness, in my mind, this is no worse than spy-gate. Neither should be a big deal. However, for consistency, the Colts should be fined half a million and lose a first rounder if its found to be true.

How ironic, they won the game at home. :shocking:

Radio feeds from both teams have been listened to by people with nothing of the sort coming through.

That would be some good counter evidence. Sorry if I missed the link to that bit of info. Do you have a link handy?

Nanny nanny boo boo!

We got caught red-handed cheating so now we're gonna run around accusing everyone of everything!

It's called defensive deflection.

:blink:

When I listened, I completely disregarded the announcers' voices as irrelevant. I'd love to hear the radio audio of the same play.

I'm kidding, of course. In seriousness, in my mind, this is no worse than spy-gate. Neither should be a big deal. However, for consistency, the Colts should be fined half a million and lose a first rounder if its found to be true.

Yes! Clearly.

Because when there is hard visual evidence of a felony and only a mere accusation of a misdemeanor, they are, for consistency, punished the same.

:blink:

THIS IS BETTER THEN THE WIN!

To any Pats fans or unbiased FFToday members, watch how pathetic the people on this site and around the country act when the Colts get stone cold busted for cheating. There will not be an hate aimed at Dumby, Payless, or Polying as there was several weeks ago against the Patriots.

Already in this thread people are refusing to talk about it and one post compared "spygate" to a felony while automatically calling the Colts crime a misdeameanor. I'd say it's a lot easier to distract an offense with incredibly loud crowd noise then it is to make defensive adjustments on the fly using videotape. That's just common sense.

This is great!!! Watch how many of these guys, won't man up. They'll just complain about our homerism, and how much they hate Brady,how the Pats are EVIL and if they could like New England it's spoiled by their "loud drunk swearing filthy evil fans".

I'll respect the level headed folks on this site who approach this openminded and say "Hey if Indy cheated like that then they should get a similar punishment".

That would be some good counter evidence. Sorry if I missed the link to that bit of info. Do you have a link handy?

No link...Cowherd was talking about it on ESPN radio...said his staff listened to both and there was nothing.

To any Pats fans or unbiased FFToday members, watch how pathetic the people on this site and around the country act when the Colts get stone cold busted for cheating. There will not be an hate aimed at Dumby, Payless, or Polying as there was several weeks ago against the Patriots.

This is great!!!

link to where they got busted? I have heard accusations, no findings that I know of.

keep making a d1ck of yourself though, its makes the rest of us feel better about ourselves. :blink:

This is great!!!

Umm...unbiased people are the ones that are taking this for what it is...an accusation that does not appear to have much behind it.

Stone cold busted? When? They did? Alert the NFL who has not agreed with you at this point.

There may be some hate aimed at the organization...by why hate at Manning?

There will not be the amount of hate because Dungy is not a ###### like BB. The same reason there was no hate surrounding them being undefeated and the defending champs. Because they are not pricks like you and BB.

Patriots : 1

Indy+refs+fake crowd noise: 0

Oh and also if grampa harrison had been in the game they obviously would have won right?

I mean Manning wouldnt have been owned on the last drive and fumbled the ball if old man harrison was in the game! YEAH! RABBLE RABBLE!!

LOSERS

Umm...unbiased people are the ones that are taking this for what it is...an accusation that does not appear to have much behind it.

Stone cold busted? When? They did? Alert the NFL who has not agreed with you at this point.

There may be some hate aimed at the organization...by why hate at Manning?

There will not be the amount of hate because Dungy is not a ###### like BB. The same reason there was no hate surrounding them being undefeated and the defending champs. Because they are not pricks like you and BB.

I don't know if this story has any merit whatsoever. However, it is being looked at considering that this is not a new accusation against the Colts.

Per Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=103911

The NFL is investigating the Colts for allegedly piping in crowd noise for their game Sunday.

The Patriots wouldn't be the first team to accuse the Colts of this. The crowd noise sounded like it started to skip on CBS, and the league wants to know if it was just a television issue. The story may have legs considering observers at the game reportedly heard the problem, even if it ruins Greg Easterbrook's "Good vs. Evil II" column. Nov. 5 - 12:22 pm et

I don't know who the "observers" were or whether they were even independent (not likely). I don't think that it is that big of a deal, but the NFL shouldn't be hypocritical in how they deal with it IF it is proven to be true.

Patriots : 1

Indy+refs+fake crowd noise: 0

Oh and also if grampa harrison had been in the game they obviously would have won right?

I mean Manning wouldnt have been owned on the last drive and fumbled the ball if old man harrison was in the game! YEAH! RABBLE RABBLE!!

LOSERS

You appear to be the loser here with this trash talk.

You honestly think a 4 point game would not have been a little different with one of the best WRs in the game on the field rather than in street clothes?

Would he have stopped the fumble? Probably not. But they may not have needed that drive as they may have finished off a few of their other drives.

I think the game could have been different with Marvin around...not a for sure win...but not sure how he could have hurt the team that lost by 4 points.

I'm a ###### but who is insulting people? Honestly sometimes I wish this forum was face to face so I could deal with some of you. You guys love to throw personal attacks from behind your keyboard but I don't recall insulting either KPBuckeye or SHO Nuff. You guys have big freaking mouths and I wish I could stuff that keyboard you are hiding behind right into it.

Keep being so classy Pats fans! This thread alone demonstrates the point perfectly. You won the game, and you are still trying to cry about crowd noise, refs, the terrible injustice done to your team??? :thumbsdown:

I don't know if this story has any merit whatsoever. However, it is being looked at considering that this is not a new accusation against the Colts.

Per Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=103911

I don't know who the "observers" were or whether they were even independent (not likely). I don't think that it is that big of a deal, but the NFL shouldn't be hypocritical in how they deal with it IF it is proven to be true.

I agree the previous accusations give this some interest.

And if it is proven to be true, not sure how hypocritical their dealing would be.

What is considered a more serious offense? Stealing signals...or piping in noise?

Id say if caught they will be penalized...it will be a bit less than NE got...and people will whine about it.

I'm a ###### but who is insulting people? Honestly sometimes I wish this forum was face to face so I could deal with some of you. You guys love to throw personal attacks from behind your keyboard but I don't recall insulting either KPBuckeye or SHO Nuff. You guys have big freaking mouths and I wish I could stuff that keyboard you are hiding behind right into it.

Yes, you are a ######...you have been ever since coming to this board.

You make an ignorant post and deserved everything you got.

Talk about having a big mouth and hiding behind a keyboard...I call you a ######...you bring out the keyboard cowboy threats.

I agree the previous accusations give this some interest.

And if it is proven to be true, not sure how hypocritical their dealing would be.

What is considered a more serious offense? Stealing signals...or piping in noise?

Id say if caught they will be penalized...it will be a bit less than NE got...and people will whine about it.

It would be hypocritical because Dungy was the one stating that the Pats camera issue "tainted" their wins and he compared them to Bonds. Those in glass houses should not throw stones.

I don't know that taping signals (not stealing signals, which is allowed) is any worse than piping in noise to prevent the other team's offense from being heard. Not my call, but the NFL can make that determination. Either way, both situations are not allowed and the league has told teams explicitly about it.

Long term, I would expect Polian to get the rule changed to allow piping in noise into domed stadiums in the state of Indiana :thumbsdown:

I love the fact that after so long, Patriots fans don't realize that people project their "hatred" on the Patriots organization based upon how they act and react.

I assure you, if Colts' fans manage to reach the lofty assholishness of Patriots fans (and I wouldn't count on that happening ever) - there will be an equal amount of "hate" rained upon them.

For now, though, Patriots fans have this :first: nailed down, along with the 3 tainted Lombardi :lol: :first: :first:

you'd think reading a thread like this would make me dislike the colts a little for piping in noise. but it doesnt. it just makes me really, really hate the patriots and all their fans.