Sign in to follow this  
Ponyboy

LJ out for the year!

Broken bone in his foot...

http://www.4for4.com/pre06/news/news.php

:doublethumbsup:

wow, no one saw this coming, i never saw anywhere, on any site, before the season began, labeling LJ as an injury risk this year :thumbsup:

If True Priest Holmes Value Just Vaulted.

WOW am I glad I made a move for J.Lewis before my trade deadline.

Great! Now we're going to get a bunch of 'woes me' threads. This is really going to get ridiculous. Hopefully we'll get a pin.

wow, no one saw this coming, i never saw anywhere, on any site, before the season began, labeling LJ as an injury risk this year :ninja:

Why, do they have crystal balls showing him getting crunched awkwardly, with a guy on top of him?

If not, then this has NOTHING to do with that whatsoever.

It's not like he was running, and just pulled up lame, or blew out his stressed knees.

It was a FREAK occurrence, and would have sidelined a rookie carrying the rock for the first time is 2 years..

Sports Radio 810 AM in Kansas City has talked to the reporter in Denver quoting a rep inside the Chiefs organization that says Johnson is out for the season with a broken bone in his foot.

Why, do they have crystal balls showing him getting crunched awkwardly, with a guy on top of him?

If not, then this has NOTHING to do with that whatsoever.

It's not like he was running, and just pulled up lame, or blew out his stressed knees.

It was a FREAK occurrence, and would have sidelined a rookie carrying the rock for the first time is 2 years..

I don't know why people keep saying this. Your muscles protect you from injuries when you get his at awkward angles. When your muscles are fatigued you have less protection, so when you do get some freak hit it's more severe. Strong muscles act as a brace.

fox news says left foot. he rolled his right foot. i smell a shanaRAT. lj has had a broken foot all year long? i dont think so.

well first off let me say i drafted L.J. and i really didnt want to lose him....but i picked up chris henry, and get branch back will cushion the blow a lil bit....but damn another first round pick gone for the year.........

fox news says left foot. he rolled his right foot. i smell a shanaRAT. lj has had a broken foot all year long? i dont think so.

Relax. WHen dealing with the meida you can only expect half the information to be correct

Relax. WHen dealing with the meida you can only expect half the information to be correct

Especially when dealing with Fox News. They're half right 25% of the time.

I don't know why people keep saying this. Your muscles protect you from injuries when you get his at awkward angles. When your muscles are fatigued you have less protection, so when you do get some freak hit it's more severe. Strong muscles act as a brace.

You didn't answer the question.

Just because he lugged it around all year last yr, doesn't mean that's what caused this.

I am well aware of the stats regarding the carries- I'm also aware of what looked like an UGLY situation on the replay.

I don't care who you are, that looked bad when it happened.

Seriously, this gets pinned?

It's ONE local "news" station in Denver reporting a STORY on a Kansas City player the week the Broncos play the Chiefs.

No other sites, services, our sources are reporting anything other than out for week 10.

Doesn't the phrase, "something smells rotten in Denver" come to mind?

You didn't answer the question.

Oh, you want me to answer whether people were using crystal balls to predict LJ would get injured? OK, no, I don't think anyone here owns a crystal ball or knows how to see the future using one.

Seriously, this gets pinned?

It's ONE local "news" station in Denver reporting a STORY on a Kansas City player the week the Broncos play the Chiefs.

No other sites, services, our sources are reporting anything other than out for week 10.

Doesn't the phrase, "something smells rotten in Denver" come to mind?

This was actually the second thread started about it just seconds after the news broke. The board would have been flooded because no one knows how to focking read and see the other 30 posts. Now the front page is clear for everyone to ride Priest's jock and ask whether or not they should trade LT for Kolby Smith. :doublethumbsup:

Are you new here? :D

The story now says right foot and has this at the bottom:

*Note: A previous version of our story indicated that Johnson had suffered a broken left foot. However, our source has since clarified that it was Johnson's right foot that was injured.

I proposed a ww move yesterday morning for Priest. I'm not saying he's the 2nd coming, but I'd love to put him in the lineup v. Denver then (depending upon trade deadline), trade him to the LJ owner (or someone else) for an upgraded WR. :doublethumbsup:

wow, no one saw this coming, i never saw anywhere, on any site, before the season began, labeling LJ as an injury risk this year :doublethumbsup:

my post was deleted?

THIS IS A BIG ONE! This will shake up leagues upon leagues.

WOW!!!

Some things y'all might want to keep in mind:

For a RB, it's not always about the age, but about the carries.

There's not a single one of us that wouldn't have loved to have LT or Sean Alexander (for example) on draft day.

Both of those cats have 400-500 more carries on their knees and bodies than Priest does.

Remember, that Priest basically had 2 half-seasons and a lot of split carries in Balt. thanks to Jamal Lewis. Now, he's coming off of basically 2 years of rest (or 'rust') preceeded by another 2 years of half-seasons & split carries with LJ.

I'm not saying he's the second coming by any means. But, I thought it was a pretty telling move when KC ownership kept him and dumped Trent Green. (meaning: It ain't just sentimentality or misplaced loyalty or Green would've been around now too). Obviously they knew something, saw something, in the medical results and on the practice field that we didn't. You don't generally keep a 34 y.o. RB.

And, think about this: While Marshall Faulk and Priest Holmes are the same age, Marshall Faulk racked up approximately the same number of carries in his first six years as Priest Holmes is at right now. - And then went on to rack up almost 3,000 yards and 30 TD's in the next two years - on those same (aprox) 1,700 carry legs.

When you look at Holme's career and the split carries/games in Balt and KC, he's basically had 7 full years and 1700 carries. Marshall Faulk Approx 1,700 carries in six years. And then, like I said, Faulk went on to have his best years ever at roughly the same number of complete years/carries as Priest is at.

Now, am I saying we're gonna see that out of Priest? Not likely. Not hardly. I'm just saying that between the layoff and the situations in both Balt and KC. This is probably the freshest set of legs on a 33-34 year old you're ever gonna see. :thumbsup:

Geebus, I've become CMH!!! :overhead: AAAAHHHHH!!!! :doh:

Does this make Bowe better? I was really starting to lose faith in him but maybe he gets a few bones tossed his way and they try to open things up a bit more?

If the Chiefs offense gets worse, I don't think Bowe will get better, and you can bet the Chiefs offense will be worse if LJ is out.

This is the most recent news (after the Fox Denver Report): (KFFL) Continuing an ongoing storyline, FOX 4 Sports in Kansas City reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson (foot) is expected to miss between 2 to 3 weeks. He is dealing with what the Chiefs are calling an ankle sprain.

I'm not sure what to think of it... I suppose the only reason I'm not just dismissing it immediately is that Fox31 was the first to break the news that Travis Henry violated the substance abuse policy. In any case I think I'll be putting in waiver claims for Priest and Kolby, can't hurt :music_guitarred:

Some things y'all might want to keep in mind:

For a RB, it's not always about the age, but about the carries.

There's not a single one of us that wouldn't have loved to have LT or Sean Alexander (for example) on draft day.

Both of those cats have 400-500 more carries on their knees and bodies than Priest does.

yep 400 carries caused hawk to fall on his foot / ankle awkwardly . :sleep:

THIS IS A BIG ONE! This will shake up leagues upon leagues.

WOW!!!

especially if people traded him already in dynasty leagues ! :mad:

yep 400 carries caused hawk to fall on his foot / ankle awkwardly . :dunno:

:sleep:

I owned Caddilac this year, he didn't get near the number of carries that LJ had, i don't understand how he got hurt and is out for the year. After all, only "fatigued" players get injured. :sleep:

LJ once had his head turned like the exorcist and played the week after !

If it's not broke he will be out 2 weeks if that.

dammit was just offered Gore in my dynasty league for LJ. thinking of taking it anyway but damn if its just 2-3 weeks :overhead:

Guest _my_2_cents_

Every injury is a freak occurance. It takes the right combo of contact and circumstance for it to occur.

But you have no way of knowing, had LJ not held out or had 400 carries, whether he'd have been in that same circumstance. Perhaps had he been 100% he could have made a cut and avoided that awkward tackle altogether. Maybe he would have been able to get his foot out from under him before the crunch. Maybe his muscles would have been stronger thus shielding him from the injury...he ran with little power the 1st 4 weeks of the season - sure seemed like he was out of game shape to me.

The one thing that is certain though is that LJ is hurt. To what extent, we do not know. But he is indeed hurt. And the big question with LJ this year in the preseason was "will he get hurt?"

If it were just LJ, it would be a statistical anomoly. But it's not - virtually every single RB who's ever gone over 370 F-Carries has been hurt the following year. Add LJ to that list now. Were those all "freak occurences" too? :bandana:

Just traded him in a dynasty league for craptastic Frank Bore(g)ore. At 9-0 with LJ as my only RB left after losing Brown , Caddy , and Henry ( to general suckiness ) I had to try and trade him for a back that might be productive at least a little and still have value next year -- I I was another LJ owner in a dynasty league thats in contention I would do the same.

On LJ -- I Do NOT think its a break or the :shocking: Lis franc fracture -- I think he will be out for 3 weeks and come back but only at half the speed he was at before and not be 100% untill next season.

Fellas, the Chiefs organization has been pretty quiet on this and Herm said they're gathering more info and seeing how it is. That means they are getting second opinions which doesn't happen unless it is significant or season-threatening. It's Wednesday of week 10 - they aren't evaluating if he is out 2-3 weeks. They are evaluating if he'll be there at the end or potentially the playoffs.

Also, the Denver report had an inside source that they feel is close to the situation. They definitely didn't make that up. Whether you can trust the Denver reporter to be a good judge of whether someone is close to the situation is debatable but one thing is for sure - someone inside the KC organization thinks LJ's foot is broken and thinks that for a reason.

In short, KC is trying to find out or find a way where he'll be back this season. This is NFL modus operandi.